Ruins of Wildwood
Whitestone Monadnock Howling in the moonlight - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Whitestone Monadnock Howling in the moonlight (/showthread.php?tid=14863)

Pages: 1 2

Howling in the moonlight - Saradathia - May 20, 2017

The small Second paused atop the Monadnock's rough surface, perched upon her favorite builder, worn smooth by the constant expose to the rough elements, her tail thumped against the surface. Her silver gaze laid on the crimson ball setting behind the distant tree line, the vast ring of orange trailing behind it left her mouth open in aw, used to this site by now within her bi daily ritual, it still never failed to cause the arctic wolf to take for granted the fact that this far south, they had the warmth and comfort of that brilliant sphere on a daily basis.

She paused, it was such a shame to feel this experience alone, then one of the pack’s other members came to mind, @Cheedo, A small sting of embarrassment hit the white wolf as she realized she hadn’t been social enough to even learn much about her packmates, feeling the urge to remedy that, a solution came to mind, her scarred muzzle raised toward the sky, a warm howl emitted from atop the stony plateau, inviting the female Delta atop to chat and simply be near one another.

With a soft thump, Saradathia lept off from her rocky seat, stretching low, a smile on her lips as she settled down, curling up into a loose ball, her gaze continuously fixed upon the massive painting stretched out from horizon to horizon.

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Cheedo - May 21, 2017

[dohtml]

After a busy day of hunting and training for her role outside the border Cheedo was ready to return to the Monadnock and rest for the evening. She had been lucky to catch a couple of rabbits while out which she dropped at one of the ca caches before continuing to the goat path. There she started her journey to the communal den where she'd been sleeping for awhile now. It was certainly an accomplishment for her since she was used to sleeping in a den by herself.

She was only half way up the oath when the unfamiliar​ voice reached her calling for her presence. She did wonder what this was about and why the strange wolf was calling for her. The small agouti quickened her pace not wanting to keep the wolf who had called her waiting.

When she reached the top of the Monadnock she found the strange wolf curled up into a ball. While the wolf was in the territory the small agouti was cautious as she approached, “You called for me?” She asked curious how the woman even knew about her. They'd never run into each other however Cheedo knew there was a wolf above her in rank that she had yet to meet.

[/dohtml]

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Saradathia - May 21, 2017

@Cheedo

Saradathia’s torn ear flicked, her silver gaze peeled away from the setting sun as the agouti female appeared, she nodded in response to her inquiry, shifting, she raised herself up before settling back down, on her haunches this time, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she paused, her muzzle shifting, gesturing up toward the Sky, the brilliant ring of orange taking on a deeper shade of red, turning crimson over the vast lowlands.

“Yes, If you’re not too tired, I was wondering if you’d like to watch the rest of the sunset with me.” Sara dathia replied, her tail thumping on the smooth surface of the Monadnock “I regret that this was the first time We’ve been able to meet properly, I’m Saradathia Lie-” She paused, catching herself using the surname her sister had revealed to be theirs, the sibling’s departure had still left a sting, she had done her best to help Anaia, but she had gone on anyways. “Kethian.” she added reflexively, the smile returned as she focused on her packmate instead of the bitter feelings, maybe one day she’d see her sister again, unsure though if she really wanted to, the pack had changed and shrunk, but they were still a family.

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Cheedo - May 21, 2017

[dohtml]

In the time she’d been in Whitestone she'd never come across this woman so Cheedo was curious what her story was. Where had she been all this time? She waited once she reached the place where the woman lay curled into a ball as she readjusted her position. Her gaze had gone to the setting sun which was always a breathtaking sight from on top of the Monadnock. She took note of the vibrant oranges and reds that spread across the sky before her thoughts were interrupted but the woman speaking once more. She returned her attention back to the woman who's she too had a torn ear and suddenly became curious what had occurred. The other thing was the number of wolves in the pack with torn ears.

The question was a simple one, did she or didn't she? Cheedo gave it some thought before finally nodding, “I am not too tired to watch the sunset with you.” It would give her a chance to get to know the woman a little better since she hadn't had the chance to know her all this time. Cheedo settled down on the smooth face of the Monadnock. “I do as well but it is a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Cheedo. Tell me. What has kept us from meeting if you don't mind my asking?” She didn't know if she would get an answer to her question but it didn't hurt to try. Once again she let yet gaze drift to the scene that could be seen from the Monadnock. She awaited an answer patiently as she let her body roll to the side a little for a more complete position.

[/dohtml]

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Saradathia - May 22, 2017

@Cheedo

The arctic wolf paused, nodding as her packmate settled down next to her, she listened quietly to the question, frowning slightly. She realized that it had been her own habits that had kept their paths from crossing before tonight, with Piety’s pregnancy and delivery, she had thrown herself into trying to keep the caches full, hunting throughout most of the days and patrolling the rest, sometimes, coming to the point of passing out in the old coyote den where her sister had been sheltering when they had first brought her to the stony plateau.

“Well...I wish i had a better explanation than hunting for the pack, but that would be it, with all the changes that have come to the pack, it’s been..chaotic.” She paused, the realization that it had helped her settle for all the rapid fire changes that had hit the pack in recent months “Trying to keep the caches full allowed me time to think and figure some stuff out, that’s why, Sorry that I wasn’t there to welcome you into the pack, though may I ask what brought you to us?” She titled her head slightly, her silver gaze roaming her packmate's agouti fur, making note of the torn ear, was it becoming a tradition with all the females of the pack?

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Cheedo - May 22, 2017

[dohtml]

Looking out across the territory at the sunset Cheedo enjoyed once more the view that she was currently sharing with Sara. She had shared it with Piety once before while Wraith and Roose had been gone and she felt that had been something of a bonding moment between her and the alpha. She wondered if that was what was occurring now. She suspected that she would soon find out but she did at least settle close to where the Pale woman was seated so that they could talk at a comfortable level. With it being late she didn’t want them to inadvertently wake the other pack members in case they did happen to be asleep.

The small agouti was curious about what had kept the pale female away and despite any reservation had come right out with it. They were a pack and she felt that Sara should have been around for things like the pack meeting they had. Even Mittani who kept himself hidden a lot of the time had shown himself for it. Cheedo listened as Sara spoke explaining her absence. “Yes there have been quite a few changes to the pack as of late but I feel that it might be for the better.” Cheedo knew how Craw ran a pack and she did not want to see that happen to Whitestone. “Keeping the caches full and the borders safe are important things,” as were other things but Cheedo kept that to herself just like she wanted to keep her past to herself so when she was asked what had brought her to Whitestone she told only a half truth. “I had been staying in the Lowlands and passing the borders every day, the scents were strong. Any wolf knows what the strong scents mean.” A stronger pack with many members which Whitestone had been until Craw and Morganna had left. “I ran into Lorcan one day and thought that the other wolves in the pack couldn’t be too bad if he was so nice.”

[/dohtml]

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Saradathia - May 22, 2017

@Cheedo

Sara listened quietly, genuine interest in the other wolf’s words, though she paused when @Lorcan’s name came up in the conversation, she had done her best not to think about the kind medic since he had abandoned the pack, though the reasons unknown, of all the former Whitestone wolves, she had thought his loyalty the most unshakable, though, it had help her sort out her feelings about the male, his leaving had allowed that interest to die in the fire, with her own loyalty on the pack first, she couldn't help the feeling of betrayal.

“He had that effect on quite a few people.” She said flatly, her til thumped once against the surface of the stone, “I met him one day myself, and he gave the suggestion to check the pack out and I did, I didn't think I’d come this far, it helped me realize just how much of a family we really are.” her train of thought trailed off as she took a deep breath “A pleasure to meet you Cheedo, if there’s anything I can do, let me know, we’re family now.”

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Cheedo - May 22, 2017

[dohtml]

She had left out quite a lot when she explained what had brought her to Whitestone in the first place. However what she had told was the truth as Cheedo wasn’t one to lie but she would omit the truth when it suited her. She didn’t know Sara well enough to want to share all with the woman just yet but Cheedo wouldn’t rule out a friendship between them. It was something that she hadn’t really had before.

“He seemed rather nice and put up with me when I wasn’t in my best light.” It really was the best way that she could put it and Lorcan had been quite the gentleman about it. Sara explained how she had met Lorcan and what he had done to help her end up in Whitestone. “We only hunted together, I wasn’t looking for a pack at the time but he was very helpful in helping me secure a meal. I am hoping for a better home than I have had in the past.” So far she had found exactly what she was looking for and she hoped that it stayed that way. Cheedo offered the pale woman a small smile, “Thank you I will remember that and the same for you.” She was there to serve the pack and Sara was part of the pack so anything she could help with the small agouti would.

[/dohtml]

RE: Howling in the moonlight - Saradathia - Jun 02, 2017

@Cheedo

Saradathia nodded, she felt a small bit of pleasure at Cheedo’s words, glad to know that they’d have each other’s backs, after all they were family now, though she wasn't aware of just how similar they were. Sara herself had also left out part of the truth about her meeting with Lorcan, having neglected to give voice to how he had saved her from the mud pools that had pot mocked Turteback lake after those rain storms, quite simply, she didn't see the point, it had been embarrassing for one.

“I guess...if you want to kill time, we could talk about the lands around us..” she hesitated, unsure how to go about this, Sara hadn’t really been one for starting conversations “I’m from far to the north, there was snow everywhere, and icy walls bigger than the mondanock.” she paused yet again, her silver gaze drifting toward the sky, the train of thought on this conversation all over the place. “have you ever wondered what exists beyond our realm of sight? Like far over the mountains and fields?”

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jun 02, 2017

A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health