Ruins of Wildwood
Secret Falls can i do one thing right - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Secret Falls can i do one thing right (/showthread.php?tid=16091)

Pages: 1 2

can i do one thing right - Remington - Nov 12, 2017

[dohtml]
don't blame me for whatever happens next

She had to do more than just stick around. But, everything she thought about was so pathetic or absurd. Askan surely didn't want rabbits dropped at his feet in doves. Probably didn't want her to go belly up at the sight of him. She wanted...no needed to do something a little more.

If to help her thought process she kept at a brisk trot. They were likely going to stick around this place.  It would be good to figure out where the herds were. Places better to be avoided. Even that sounded so lame. That was what her and @Phoenix already did. They set out in a new direction to see what they could see. Not exactly a grand gesture. Silver mask crinkled in her vexation, and she let out an exasperated sigh. She'd really hoped to find Phoenix by now. It was easier in her presence, and maybe she could help her with a suggestion. Knowing Askan the best. Even if Remi felt like that was cheating. Besides it was a hell of a lot better to have someone to talk to and drown out these miserable thoughts.

The drum of paws upon ground lifted her spirits, but she was surprised to see a white figure in the distance instead of dark. Well, she knew his name was @Cottongrass but that was about it. Fighting against her better judgement, she pushed herself to catch him. "Hey," she greeted, hoping he wouldn't mind her company.

[/dohtml]

RE: can i do one thing right - Cottongrass - Nov 12, 2017

There were trees. So many trees and Cottongrass didn't know how the others didn't manage to get lost every time they went out for a walk. They all must have had some really good senses or something. It was the only explanation that made sense as he continued his stroll through the woods. Maybe he would need to ask someone to show him the art of not getting lost. Or he could go with his backup plan which was to find someone he liked and cling to them like a fish needed water. Getting lost wasn't fun. He did it enough times to really hate even just the idea of it. It was almost like the world didn't like him having friends since it kept trying to keep him from them.

And he knew that it was only going to get worse. Winter covered everything in a blanket of white and stripped the land of anything familiar. Maybe he would go with his idea of attaching himself to someone's hip and staying there until the snow melted. But before he could choose who the unlucky victim might be —

Someone called out hey and Cottongrass jumped. He didn't relax until his paws came to a halt and his yellow eyes caught of a somewhat familiar face heading towards him. Dark fur and an average build. He was pretty sure he saw her around every now and then. But he couldn't remember ever saying a word to her. He guessed now was as good of a time as any. His ears rolled forward and he glanced at her approaching form from under dark lashes.

"Hey... Remi?" Was that her name? He was pretty sure it was her name. If it wasn't... Well, she just got a new nickname whether she liked it or not. His head cocked to the side and his tail gave a friendly wag behind him. "What's up?"

RE: can i do one thing right - Remington - Nov 13, 2017

[dohtml]

Oh, she surprised him! Damn. Remi looked skyward, if she might see her saving grace. But, that wasn't going to happen. So, she sucked in a long breath, and settled in an easy trot. Happy to see some kind of recognition donning upon him. As she drew closer she found it hard not to just stare. Taking him in up close. She'd never met a white wolf. His stark fur just didn't look real. The way it really jumped from the all the green,yellow, and brown. Even though they were close in stature, she felt a little intimidated. He was pretty big up close, and had bright, yellow eyes. There was something friendly about his face.

A silver ear twitched as he managed to find her name. But, she didn't wag her tail in turn. She'd kinda been hoping he had been up to something and she could assist him. So much for that.

"Well, I was gonna go scouting. Phoenix usually comes with, but pretty sure she's with Askan. Since everything here is really different I.." Eyes shifted just to the side of him. "I rather not go by myself." The honest words didn't come easy, but she doubted he was going any where, and if Askan and Reyes approved of him she saw no reason she wouldn't. She settle her gold gaze on him.
"Interested?" She managed to beat her tail then, a start of a grin. Trying to hold onto what was left of her confidence.

[/dohtml]

RE: can i do one thing right - Cottongrass - Nov 13, 2017

It took a few seconds before her words settled in his mind. Because the gears of his brain could only turn so fast and her rambling didn't exactly help. But he didn't mind. Not when she seemed nice enough and he told himself that he wasn't at Wild Rye Fields. He wasn't going to be a scared shut in that hid away from company and kept to himself all that time. It was already proving to be a good decision.

His ears perked up and his paws shuffled as he moved to face her proper. Somewhere behind him at his heels he could feel his feathered tail swaying faster and faster. Was she —

Was she asking him if he wanted to come along on her scouting mission?

She absolutely was and Cottongrass felt the sensation of a thousand happy exclamation points going off behind his eyes. Because not once in his whole entire life did anybody ever ask him that. And there was an instinctive part of him that wanted to say no. She obviously didn't know that he was cursed with bad luck and therefore terrible at everything he did and that was okay. Remington was new and she would learn like the rest of them about how hopeless he was at everyday tasks. But there was a quiet part of him that was hopeful and excited. Like maybe she knew and didn't mind or something.

(It was that quiet part that pushed him to answer.)

"Of course!" He chirped. His paws gave an excited stamp and his rear end wiggled from the sheer force of his wagging tail. "Where we going to go first?" He asked with his yellow eyes shining bright and a smile spreading across his features. It would be his first time actually scouting and not just wandering around by his lonesome in boredom. And he didn't know what the heck he was supposed to do for sure but he was already determined to not let her down.

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Nov 13, 2017

Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity

RE: can i do one thing right - Remington - Nov 14, 2017

[dohtml]

There was no judgement in his gaze. In fact the speed at which his tail moved spoke volumes. She fully smiled. Why had she got so worried? This was a lot easier than she had thought, and maybe she could stop thinking so much. This was sorta fresh start for her and all that. It didn't feel like anyone looked down on her. Besides now she would only have one more wolf to get acquainted with.

"Great!" She meant it. With his question her expression became thoughtful. "I was gonna head south. You haven't been down that way have ya?" She hadn't yet, and was curious how far they could go until the landscape would change. But, if he had been that way she kinda hated to have him go again. "I'm just hoping to see where herds might like to hang, or places that are better avoided." In case he knew of any. Or to give him some idea what she was even trying to accomplish.

"Ready?" She checked, before setting off in their chosen direction.

[/dohtml]

RE: can i do one thing right - Cottongrass - Nov 17, 2017

South.

His yellow eyes trailed over her shoulder and into the woods. He assumed south was somewhere over there. Because the lake was behind them and he wasn't about to head towards Hearthwood River. He learned his lesson about loitering around in those woods, thank you very much. His tail wagged and he straightened up.

"Sounds good!" He chirped. They were going to go south and looking for stuff like herds or things to avoid. He could do that! Especially when he knew that animals liked to attack him for no reason and that he seemed to be a magnet for everything bad or unlucky on a good day. With him at her side Remington was sure to find one of those things sooner or later. His rear end gave a pleased wiggle and he followed behind her.

And because he couldn't help it —

"Race you!" He barked before doing his best run by her. When he was close enough he reached out to give her a poke with his muzzle before giving an excited sprint forward.

RE: can i do one thing right - Remington - Nov 27, 2017

I was curious what their speeds were. Are Cotton's Physique points right? I added them up to be 225 instead of 325? Maybe, we could do a territory discovery?
[dohtml]
And then you get up and get up and get up again

It was hard to keep the word disaster from her mind. But, Cottongrass seemed like a pretty positive force. Thrilled in some way for this. Something she kinda wanted to try to understand, while on the other paw she wanted her mind to just shut it. Did she have to understand everything? It was an impossible feat.

He was itching to go, that was for sure. Calling her out on a race. It wasn't what she had in mind, but ah hell who didn't mind a good race? She laughed as he nudged her onward. Swiftly, she sped up, stretching out her limbs. "Hope ya don't mind losing!" She wasn't sure about that, but she didn't need to be. It just felt good to feel wind slipping past her, and the promise of the unknown in front of her.

Man, the guy could move. She would almost pass him, and it was like he knew and found another gear. Maybe, she'd have to outlast him.

[/dohtml]

RE: can i do one thing right - Cottongrass - Nov 28, 2017

I think Cotton's physique points are right! They've just been added up a little weirdly. So his speed is 95 while his strength and stamina are both 115. Remington is winning this race. Also, I would love a sub territory discovery! <3

Remington thought she could beat him?!

She —

Well.

She just might have been right.

Because while Cottongrass had the element of surprise in their impromptu race — Remington had the actual speed needed to win. But he wasn't about to go down without a fight! Not even when his short legs were working overtime just to keep pace with her. His tongue lolled out of his mouth and his paws collided harshly with the ground over and over again. Except he was fighting a losing battle.

His paws stumbled beneath him and Cottongrass struggled to remain standing. Somewhere inside of his chest his breath rattled and his lungs burned. "No fair!" He barked towards her. And he knew that he couldn't complain since it was his idea to race but that wasn't about to stop him. "You didn't tell me you were so fast!" His yellow eyes glowed and there was a smile on his face. Maybe one that was a little winded around the edges but a smile nonetheless.

From his parted jaws his pink tongue lolled out. His tail gave a tired wag and he didn't even pay any notice to the world around them.

RE: can i do one thing right - Remington - Dec 05, 2017

Oh gotcha.

[dohtml]

Finally! She was gaining on him. Little by little she squeezed past him, fighting to hold the lead. It seemed neck and neck until, she realied her companion wasn't beside her any more.

Was this a trick or him finally tiring? She turned her head in time to see he couldn't run any more. She slid to a stop, a light chuckle sounding as she pranced back to him. She shrugged her shoulders. "Well now you know," she smirked. She was panting in turn, but her tail wagged behind her. She was glad he had decided to stop. She wouldn't have lasted much longer. "Askan won't say, but I'm also a darn good rabbit catcher." She gave a wink. They stood catching their breaths, her ears perked forward, and she raised her nose to the air. They had left the falls behind, but now she could hear the water here. At least she hoped it was water, and not some strange beast.

"What ya think that is?" She hoped she wasn't the only one. This is what they came for. With hesitation she took a couple of steps in its direction, sure enough she could smell water. She wasn't going to rule out danger.

[/dohtml]