Ruins of Wildwood
Secret Falls Be ashamed to die now. - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Secret Falls Be ashamed to die now. (/showthread.php?tid=16300)

Pages: 1 2

Be ashamed to die now. - Garmir - Dec 07, 2017

OOC: Set for mid-day before sunset. -11C', Cloudy
The beginning might appear little odd. Garmir is basically hallucinating.
@Daesamar

[dohtml]

It seemed like smoke was whiring before Garmir's eyes, rising from the cold ground upon which he laid on. If there was fire then he did not feel the burn, nor pain. He was surrounded by white flames that took many shapes and forms around him, his earth colored paws only contrast to what he saw. This felt strange, out of place, but the wolf could not figure out what was it that made this scene so bizarre and unreal. He closed his eyes for a moment, to catch his breath and just... think.

Garmir opened his eyes again and this time, the scene was different. He noticed he was laying on the ground, his fore legs spread before him and the flames were gone. He saw light before him, but more curiously, he saw a shadowy figure standing before him, faceless, blurry to his eyes. His eyes widened and he felt like his breath was taken from him. Father..

He opened his mouth and in single breath, whispered; ᚠᚨᛏᚻᛖᚱ ᛁᛗ ᚾᛟᛏ ᚹᛟᚱᛏᚻ ᛁᛏ* -his voice shattering and breaking as he uttered it. He lifted his body higher, his fore legs twiching as he struggled to support himself upright. There was fear and shame in his green eyes as he stared at the figure before him.

Sun was beaming directly into Garmir's eyes and as he blinked again, the scene before him changed. The figure was not there anymore, nor was there any flames or smoke. Only him, standing in the open, surrounded by snow and his own vapor as he breath through his mouth, still panting and his heart racing. It took a moment for Garmir to catch his bearings again, but he realized he had been seeing nothing but ghosts of his own creation, his imagination. Only now, did he notice movement before him. Perhaps he had not imagined the the shadowy character after all..

[/dohtml]

* Father Im not worth it

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Daesamar - Dec 08, 2017

The large pup was frozen in absolute terror by the scene playing out before him. He had come back this way through the snowy forest, hoping to find the Falls again, and maybe even @Hawthorne or @Sachiel, the other pups he had encountered in the region before, but instead...he found this. The figure slowly rising, seemingly, out of the snow had caused Daesamar to tense up, his maw hanging open in fear and shock at the apparition's appearance.

Was it one of those wraiths that seemed to roam the land, the ones his mother had warned him about, whispered to appear high on the peaks of his mountainous origins. The figure spoke a strange series of words. Daesamar swallowed quietly, positive now that he had just heard death itself speak. The stray beam of sunlight hit the spectre’s face and the large black wolf watched him blink.

It was then that he realized it, this had to, at least, he hoped, had to be another living soul roaming the forest. “Sir…?” he said hesitantly. Daesamar took a single step forward, worry filling his gaze as the snow crunched under his paw, his head tilted slightly as he tried to get a good look at the figure.

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Garmir - Dec 08, 2017

[dohtml]

Garmir was regaining his senses and as he did so, mostly figured out what was going on. He had been dreaming, lingering at the edge of conciousness after long and unceasing travel in his search for Anaeia. Without realizing it, he must have fallen asleep while walking and what he saw was but his mind filling in limited information it gathered. His father was dead, this was someone else. And it spoke.

There ws something funny in that short, careful greething he made. Garmir's ear perked at the strangers direction and he took deep breath, calming down. His eyes were still adjusting and the sun shining at him - and reflecting from snow made it harder to outright see whom he was facing, but his pelt was definately dark. Garmir stared at him for a while, not directly into the eyes, but studying his form rather. After he was done, he finally switched his gaze at the other's face, his stern gaze breaking a smile briefly. "Sir? Really?"

He begin to approach, his steps still somewhat unsteady, but relaxed. This wolf was not in best shape, signs of starvation evident in his form. He was tall for his build, but much thinner than what would be normal. "No-one has ever called me sir. Did you mother teach you such...fine manners?"

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Dec 08, 2017

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Daesamar - Dec 09, 2017

The tension that had built up inside the dark and silver pup’s muscles started to relax after the stranger’s seemingly long inspection of him. The smile he caught forming on the scrawny canine’s snout allowed a relief filled sigh to escape Daesamar. His crooked right ear perked when he heard the words repeated back to him, almost as a question. Daesamar’s silver gaze widened a bit in worry when he noticed his unnamed companion unsteady step.

The young wolf kicked up a bit of snow as he moved forward quickly, realizing that though the cold weather had been harsh on him, it appeared to be even worse on this wolf. “Y-yes sir.” he said quickly, pausing beside the wolf, offering his shoulder. “She did, but please, lay down, I don’t think you. I mean , I’m not trying to offend but, you look bad.” He stumbled over his words, he didn’t want the older wolf to get angry at him or, to think that Daes didn’t think of him being capable of taking care of himself, but if the youth was being honest, well Garmir looked like crap at the moment, though the thin pup couldn’t exactly compare himself as a healthier source at the moment.

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Garmir - Dec 10, 2017

[dohtml]

Garmir understood he looked a wreck, so there was nothing offensive in the youngster's statement. He let a sigh and sat down as if gravity itself would have been much greater on him than in the other. "No offence taken."
-He murmured in turn as his head dropped downwards and he leaned on his forelegs for support.

"You don't seem to be doing so great either - not that I meant to offend. Where's your pack? Surely you are not travelling alone, are you?" -The earthen colored male asked him, not sincerely interested in knowing how the stranger was doing, as he shared far less concern for him than what he might share for Garmir. He merely wanted to know if he was approaching territory of another pack. If he should be more careful. Daesamar seemed little too young to be adventuring alone, even if he looked able bodied.

[/dohtml]

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Daesamar - Dec 10, 2017

Daesamar’s tail wagged slightly when he noticed the other wolf settling down, a small smile forming on his lips at the news that the stranger hadn’t taken offence to what he had said. The smile turned into a frown how ever when he had gotten asked questions in turn. Shaking his head slowly “N-no sir, my pack i- was far from here, big mountains, rolling fields and forest...I ended up this way while hunting one night...I got lost.”

The ebony youth’s ears fell slightly as he spoke, the sadness he did his best to hide from bubbled up briefly, a sigh escaping as he glanced around “I-i’ve made it this far on my own though, I’m ….sure I’ll be fine.” He added, though Daesamar has yet to truly experience the biting cold and hunger that came with the harsh landscape this time of the year. “But, I’m Daesamar, you sir?” he asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. He settled down, slowly lowering himself onto the snow, the soft crunch caused by the action caused his crooked ear to perk.

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Garmir - Dec 10, 2017

[dohtml]

Garmir's nose was pointed down towards the ground and he seemed somewhat absent while Daesamar spoke to him. His eyes dropped every now, but his ears were still pointed at the youngster telling his story. After a moment, sitting upright like this proved to be too heavy for him and Garmir slumped down, tilting his head to the side while he laid there. Even when Daesamar told who he was and asked to hear name in turn, Garmir did not reply but instead simply stared at the snowy scene that opened before him, watching his breath turn into vapor.

His breathing was calming down and he then let out deep breath. "Before I say anything else, please cease calling me 'sir'. It is really itching me from wrong places." Now that he had got that out, he murmured again. "I would normally laugh at the thought of wolf getting lost while hunting, but seeing that I too am lost, I don't think I can really afford that." -he said, his muzzle twisting into a smile as he said that. "Garmir. That is my name."

[/dohtml]

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Daesamar - Dec 11, 2017

The young wolf’s head tilted slightly as he watched the older wolf slowly lie down, worry filling the youth as he realized just how bad the canine’s condition really was. A soft whine escaped Daesamar as he settled down also, resting his paws within the snow as he listened, nodding quickly to Garmir’s request. “Yes si-” He caught himself, making a choked noise as if swallowing his own tongue.

“S...squirrel…” He ended up saying in an attempt to save himself before a soft groan escaped. Really? Squirrel? That was the first word you could think of? he muttered to himself before sighing externally “I like your name.” he said, it sounded exotic, one he hadn’t heard before. “Garmir…..” he repeated it to himself in satisfaction. “Well...maybe if we’re both lost..it was meant to happen? Us crossing paths?” he thought about it optimistically before nodding,a smile tugging on his own lips in blissful ignorance of just how harsh the world could truly be. At least, he tried to be blissfully unaware of it, sometimes that last howl, echoing through the trees, telling everyone to run, sometimes it kept him up, but, that wasn’t something the silver eyed pup wanted to focus on.

RE: Be ashamed to die now. - Garmir - Dec 11, 2017

[dohtml]

The earthen colored male snorted, snow flying in front of his nostril as he almost caught Daesamar calling him sir again. Normally, he would have corrected him, but right now he had no energy to do anything that required physical effort. So Squirrel he be. "Im not so sure. My name could be translated to.. 'poor devil' if you really tried to get behind its meaning. It is kinda befitting though, I admit." -He shed some light to his name's origin, since the other found it so exotic. He too had a thing to say about the pup's name. "Daesamar.. Thats long name. Anything shorter I can call you?"

Garmir was not one to believe in fate but it was somewhat interesting two lost wolves happen to cross paths like this. Garmir however was not so much lost as in not knowing where to go. He had lost his purpose. "Meant to cross paths? That implies something is playing with us, our lives and I sure as hell don't like that idea."

The earthen male despised idea that he was not master of his own fate. If something was thruly playing with him and setting him on the path he had taken, then that was one cruel deity.

[/dohtml]