Ruins of Wildwood
Black Thorn Downs Dandelions For The Win - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: Black Thorn Downs Dandelions For The Win (/showthread.php?tid=8526)

Pages: 1 2

Dandelions For The Win - Vera - Dec 18, 2014

RE: You feel generous and decide to give one of your friends a tasty snack. AKA @Florence :D

[dohtml]

The day was unusually clear for winter. It was still cold, kind of, maybe just a bit warmer, but there wasn't a single white fluffy cloud in the sky, or any dark rain or snow filled clouds either. A beautiful day to be out and about doing what wolves usually did during the colder months, which was usually either keeping warm in the dens or out searching for prey. Lucky for Vera, she had been roaming the snowy lands looking for any last herbs, and had come across a hare completely oblivious to its surroundings. As a normal wolf would have done, she stalked it, got close to it, before pouncing seemingly out of nowhere. It helped so much that her pelt was the same shade of white as the snow as prey didn't know she was there until the last second, and that was all she needed to bring it down. The hare didn't stand a chance against her insanely awesome skills.

The Diminutive Ivory She-wolf padded leisurely back to the den that she and her mate shared, carrying the dead snowshoe hare in her jaws proudly. Rather than put it in the pack caches she had decided to give it to Florence as a tasty snack. Even though she probably should give it to the rest of the pack, it was only a hare, and plus, she wanted to surprise him with a gift. After everything that he had done for her, it was the least she could do. Pricking her ears, Vera padded to the den as soon as it was in sight, her tail swishing excitedly behind her at seeing him again, even though they had just been together the night before. Hopefully he was in the den already, or at least nearby, so she didn't have to wait too long to see his face once more.

311 Words

[/dohtml]

RE: Dandelions For The Win - Florence - Dec 18, 2014

As it was, Florence was in their den, carefully sorting out the cache of herbs that made up their personal herb cache. Of course there were other caches littered here and there, all over the pack but this was just for them. The yellow flower he had found weeks ago, for Vera, was amongst the sorted herbs and as he stared at it with a smile, the scent of his mate was slowly floated into his nose. Letting out a affectionate huff, Florence heaved himself to his paws and stretched his back, his bones popping and he groaned slightly. It had been an hour since he had last moved in any proper way and now his muscles and bones were aching in the good sort of way after stretching. Stepping towards the entrance of the den, Florence’s eyes settled on Vera, a snow hare in her maw and the look of adoration for her on his face was clear.

Florence grazed his nose over her shoulders fondly, greeting her as his thoughts swept briefly over the pretty blue gem hidden in their den, wrapped in a small leafy pouch and hidden carefully beneath their own personal herb cache. It was something he wished to give Vera but he was waiting for an opportune moment to give it to her. Later, He told himself, breathing in Vera’s scent.

“I’m glad to see you again my dear.” He murmured, glancing at the hare as he realised just how hungry he was as his stomach grumbled loudly. Smiling sheepishly at Vera, he settled down into the den and waited for Vera to join him. “That smells delicious. Is it for the pack caches?” As bad as he felt, he hoped it wasn’t for the pack because of how hungry he was.

RE: Dandelions For The Win - Vera - Dec 18, 2014

[dohtml]

When she caught the strong musk of her mate in their den Vera's tail swished happily back and forth, picking up tempo when he appeared from within the den. Just from looking at the way he held himself and walked towards her told her that he had been in the den for a long time, most likely sorting through all of his herbs. Shaking her head, she managed a smile around the snowshoe hare without dropping it onto the snowy ground. She could see the absolute look of adoration on his face when he saw her, and as he gently ran his muzzle along her shoulders she leaned into his touch, a purring rumble emitting from her chest. She liked it when they were close to each other, it made her feel safe and happy, without a care in the world.

Giggling softly when Florence's stomach grumbled, the Diminutive Ivory She-wolf followed him into their den, gently setting the hare down in front of him before laying down next to his large body, practically curling up against his side. She smiled again and shook her head. "No silly! I caught it just for you, as a gift to show you how much I appreciate you and the work you do. Please tell me you haven't been in here for hours though, you know you can't be cooped up here for long. You need to go outside and stretch your limbs." Pouting slightly, she bumped her muzzle against his shoulder affectionately, though she couldn't keep up the act for long and a bubbly smile grace her features. Yes, she did worry about him, but if she didn't love exploring so much she'd join him.

283 Words

[/dohtml]

Chuckling lightly at Vera's affectionate but serious scolding about him staying in the den for a longtime, tending to the herbs. He knew she worried after him and it made him love her more for it. The two cared for each other deeply and there was nothing either would not do for the other.

"Well, someone has to do it and seeing as you like to explore, that leaves me to do it." He teased her softly, curling his chin around her shoulders briefly in a form of a hug as she cuddled up to his side, after placing the hare in front of him.

The gift of the hare reminded Florence of his own gift for Vera and he twisted around, thankful that the flower was not too far away. It meant that Vera did not have to move from her spot by his side yet he could still give it to her. "I have a gift for you too my dear, something I got a few weeks ago." He murmured around the flower as he delicately picked it up and turned back around.

It had been properly dried in the sun and kept neatly flattened under a rock. It was no longer the bright yellow, as it originally had been but a duller colour. Yet it still held some beauty to it, the blazing flower as Florence placed it gently onto Vera's paws. "It's called a Gaint Blazing Star. It does not really have any medicinal value but it's beauty reminded me of you." It was true and it shine in his words as he spoke, leaning down to nuzzle her cheek once he finished. "Do you like it?"

[dohtml]

Vera giggled softly when her larger companion teased her, curling his chin around her shoulders in an affectionate hug. Okay yes, she had to agree with him there. If she was always running off to explore every nook and cranny possible, then she'd help, but maybe it would do both of them good for her to stay closer to the den during the winter months. The colder months were always dangerous to be out and about in, and Florence would need help with making sure the herbs didn't rot from the wetness and cold, as well as possibly treating someone if they got a cold or got hurt. "I'll try and help you more often, okay?" She murmured softly into his fur before he pulled away, twisting his body and grabbing something that she couldn't see.

Curious as to what the gift was, her caramel brown eyes widened as she saw the flower he set down in front of her. Staring at it silently, she gently nosed it, breathing in the scent of the flower, the Giant Blazing Star, as he called it. The flower certainly looked like a star, and it smelled of him, too. Looking up into Florence's coppery orange eyes, the Diminutive Ivory She-wolf buried her face in his chest in a hug, one that conveyed her appreciation and gratitude for her beautiful gift. "I love it Florence. It's beautiful," she breathed softly into his shaggy pelt before pulling back and grinning widely up at him. He never failed to surprise her with the prettiest of things, and she wondered if he had anything else up his sleeve for her. Her larger companion always did like to surprise her.

282 Words

[/dohtml]

His heart felt warm when she said she loved it, burying her face into his chest with a smile. He loves to surprise Vera with gifts or do little things that helped her out. It reminded him of the little gem he had found not long ago and was going to gift her soon enough with. It was a pretty thing, a beautiful blue. He only hoped she would like it as much as the flower.

"It would be nice, to have you near during these colder months." He snuggled closer to her, a big smile on his face as he curled around her once again. The healer did worry over Vera whenever she went exploring, a nagging fear in the back of his mind fearing for her safety whenever she went by herself especially. "I will do whatever I can to make you happy." He rumbled softly, wondering that if his heart beater any faster due to his love of Vera, it would beat out of his chest. His love for her was his air and if anything were to happen to the small wolf, it would surely kill him.

"Vera?" He murmured, feeling somewhat sleepy as their bodies warmed their den up, along wit the long day of aortic out herbs finally catching up with him. "Are you happy here, with the pack? With me?" He knew her love to be unwavering so he had no idea where the question was even coming from. But he wanted to know. He had to know.

I couldn't help it @Florence, I just had to reply before going to bed <3

[dohtml]

Purring softly in contentment, Vera practically molded herself to Florence, getting as close to him as possible and never wanting to let him go. She had no idea what she would do if he got hurt and died, leaving her behind all alone. It would break her into millions of shattered pieces, not just her heart, but her whole body. Like loosing a piece of her soul, she would become a zombie, without feelings or feeling the need to continue living. Without Florence, she was nothing, and she was sure he felt the same. They weren't fully completed unless they were together, like two sides of the same coin. They were made for each other.

"I'll stay closer to the den, especially as it gets colder. Even though I enjoy the rain, snowstorms aren't exactly my favourite type of weather." It did however hide her completely from view as she blended in with the flying snow flakes, but then again, if she got injured no one would be able to find her. An upside and downside to having an almost pure white coat. Florence however, would stick out like a sore thumb even in a snow storm with his stark black and brown pelt. Like yin and yang, they were opposites of each other, but exactly the same, too. One couldn't live without the other.

"I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. I've even made some friends here." The was something she was still digesting: friendship. She was getting better, but it would be a while before her technique was perfected. "And of course I'm happy with you, Florence. You are everything to me, and I don't know what I'd do without you." Snuggling closer to his large, shaggy form, she sighed deeply, her caramel brown eyes gazing out of the den at the winter paradise. "What abut you?"

311 Words

[/dohtml]

RE: Dandelions For The Win - Florence - Jan 02, 2015

The words Vera spoke soothed all the the worries in Florence's heart. He knew his mate to be the adventurous type and that she always would be (he would always love her regardless) but that did not stop him from worrying for her. She was the light of his life after all and if she left, all the light in his world would be gone and he'd be just a husk of his former self.

"As long as you are happy, then how could I not be too?" Florence rumbled as she snuggled even closer to him, the large male nearly laughing at how she almost disappeared completely into his shaggy fur, if not for her white coat. She loved cuddling up close to him and Florence adored having her so close. But he didn't mind when she was pressed so close to him, their warmth being shared and their breaths mingling when Flornce lowered his head onto the top of her head gently.

Though the snow fluttered down from the sky outside, the den inside was warm and it smelled strongly of all th herbs Florence and Vera had gathered together. It was a den they had made together and it was peaceful, enough Florence felt that it was a good time to fall asleep. But he didn't. He wanted to bask in the presence of his mate just a little longer. It was something he really didn't see himself having, a mate, at least not yet. But he was happy regardless.

"Have you thought of what you would like to be in the pack Vera?" He questioned somewhat blearily, curious as to what she had decided to become.

RE: Dandelions For The Win - Vera - Jan 02, 2015

[dohtml]

Vera giggled softly at her larger companion's statement. She didn't know why she found it funny, but keeping in her laughter was near to impossible. Maybe it was because she had been thinking the same thing. Whatever it actually was, she would always manage to find some sort of humour in it, even if it was dark humour. Sometimes that was the best type of humour, even when in the completely wrong time. Inhaling deeply, letting Florence's heavy aroma fill her nose and sending waves of calm and peace throughout her body, the Diminutive Ivory She-wolf idly stared at the gift she had given Florence, relaxing in the comfortable silence that surrounded them like a fuzzy, warm blanket.

Her caramel brown gaze shifted from the snow hare to the outside world where it had started to lazily snow, the crystalline flakes fluttering down to the already snowy ground. When Florence asked a question, she blinked a couple of times, her mind taking more than a few seconds to figure out exactly what he had said. Oh. She had briefly thought about what role she'd like to take, but hadn't really thought about it. The idea of being a scout was her first option, but as Black Thorn Downs already had a scout, Vera wasn't sure if she would be offered the role. Her second choice was a guardian, mainly because King Tokino had voiced that they needed a helping paw with guarding the borders. She could be considered the strong and silent type, and no one should ever question her size, either, as she was just as dangerous as Florence when the time called for drastic action. "I was thinking a scout... but another wolf already has that role. So... maybe a guardian?" Glancing up at her larger companion, Vera smiled warmly. "And what about you?"

306 Words

[/dohtml]

RE: Dandelions For The Win - Florence - Jan 02, 2015

[dohtml]

What would he be? Florence wondered, having not thought on it much. Being a healer was his default, as that's what he knew but he remembered King Tokino's mention of there being at least one in the pack already. "Well, there's already a healer within the ranks," He murmured, remembering what their leader had told them upon joining, though he did mention having another would not be detrimental to the pack. "A teacher maybe? I honestly have not given much thought to what else I would be, if not a healer."

Florence sounded unsure of this, as he did not think he had much to teach others outside of herbs and basic hunting. But then he remembered his mother's ways. She taught those interested in herbs yes but she was a well of knowledge, having many stories to tell and seemingly able to remember the most vague details about the comings and going of other wolves, whether inside the pack or outside it with their allies and enemies from the top of her head. She remembered who was related to who and all the stories from generations past, which had amazed him as a pup and still did.

The large male did like hearing the history of a pack and collecting old stories. And he had a good memory, due to his ability to name and spot on sight many plants, being able to tell which does what.

But he was still young yet. He did not know many stories past the ones his mother had told him and he knew very little about the founding or history of the pack he and his mate now resided in. But that would improve with time, would it not? He had not learnt the names of herbs and their proprieties over night now had he?

Yet Florence looked a little concerned as a slight war raged in him. To continue on being a healer or go on to be a teacher? His mother had taught him about herbs and wished to honor her by continuing what she had taught her. Yet to know the lore of the pack and the land they were in interested him as well...

[/dohtml]