Ruins of Wildwood
"Don't worry, its only a game!" - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore V (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+---- Thread: "Don't worry, its only a game!" (/showthread.php?tid=9214)

Pages: 1 2

"Don't worry, its only a game!" - Astraeus - Apr 20, 2015

[dohtml]

@Raela Whoop whoop! *Que in "My Girl" by The Temptations..*

Aeus was pleased that Raela agreed to go on a little romp this morning, it was just such a splendid morning. He smiled his toothy little grin at the sparkling sun. The birds chirped in the trees like a symphony as they strolled past. He had learnt so much about the Downs in such a short period. It was quite a shame that his pack would be moving just as he was starting to see these lands for what they were. He hoped that where ever they were going, there wouldn't be any restrictions to where he was allowed to go or not. That is, if he arrived safely.

In contrary to the serene environment, he was feeling quite playful. He had slept well in the previous night and was just bustling with energy. He turned to Raela and gave her a goofy smile. As he turned his face forward, he gave her a frisky bump with his flank and bolted into the bushes before she could "counter bump". He gave a jolly laugh and slipped through the dark woods. "Come find me." He beckoned speechlessly.

”Speech”

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Raela - Apr 21, 2015

Get her Aeus! lol - PP allowed!

[dohtml]

How her life had changed. Here she was, padding through the woods, breathing in the morning air with no worry about where her next meal would come from, or where she would sleep for the night. Aeus had once again sought her out, giddy like a pup to be out exploring again. His enthusiasm was quite charming, and she simply couldn't say no. The weather was pleasant, and Raela decided walking alone through the territory wouldn't be nearly as fun. Her dark friend seemed to have an extra big smile on his face today as he took in the sights. Spring was here, and the sun finally felt warm. The girl chuckled to herself as she watched him practically prance down the path.

They hadn't reached anywhere special; after their recent encounter, Rae had no desire to stray too far from pack lands for a little while. They'd wandered into the treeline surrounding the fields to get away from the bulk of the thorny blackberry bushes. Rae knew how he detested them so. Astraeus halted abruptly, whipping his head around and revealing his teeth in the goofiest way. Rae paused; barely beginning to smile back at the curious expression when his haunches smacked into her side. The lighter wolf stumbled sideways with a grunt, her brilliant yellow eyes catching the last of his mad dash. His deep, ringing laugh wiped the confusion from her face and plastered on a grin instead. What a goofball.

The man's request caused her ears to flatten mischievously as her body lowered to the ground. Oh, she did love to run. His speech was deviod of his usual atticism, and instead was a childish, devious invitation to play. Time to see what her newly recovered legs could do. She picked out the movement of his form for the briefest of moments, and that was all she needed. A harsh crunch of dead leaves signaled her pursuit. The russet girl burst forward, nimbly weaving through the foliage toward her target. Aeus' hulking build had no where near the same capacity for speed, and she caught up to him in mere moments. One beside him she bucked, thrusting her shoulder into his. His sturdy frame stopped her forward momentum, and the lighter girl stumbled a step. She hesitated for a split-second, trying to find her feet, before thinking to duck away from his inevitable retaliation. Raela tried whipping away, but it might have already been too late... 

Image © Chris Smith Photography

Manipulation © Jenandra

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Astraeus - Apr 21, 2015

[dohtml]

Astraeus felt a little bad about smashing into her so abruptly, she looked confused and a little distraught. His head turned away just missing her returning smile, leaving him with a little bit of an anxious caution. He didn't want to make her scared of him in any way, and with her already being on edge, it was very possible. Aeus took little steps forward, keeping his eyes planted to where she should have been. He hadn't played in ages, the feeling of gentle fighting was exhilarating. He lifted his muzzle up above the bushes in order to smell her. He smiled to himself proudly. She's never gonna find m- His thoughts were cut of by a crash to his side. He stumbled a few feet, looking to see Raela scramble up and out of the way- but fortunately for the man, she was a little late. He went to leap at her with is powerful back legs. His take off was clumsy, his paws sinking much to deep into the soil; past the leaves and into the thick gooey mud. He crashed into her and rolled- taking her with him. He wound up on bottom, laughing and snapping his jaws at her face.

”Speech”

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Raela - Apr 21, 2015

[dohtml]

A startled half-yelp half-squeak burst from her maw as Aeus' weight rammed squarely into her. Not quite sure what he'd done, she was wrenched sideways, caught up in his legs as they tumbled. Raela teetered to her feet as they stopped, hovering over his body. His laughter urged a half smile to the surface and nearly an accompanying giggle. The russet girl stopped short though, when his pearly fangs clicked quite near her face. Instead of bolting, though, she pulled back. Still standing above him, her mouth drew closed with confusion. He wouldn't hurt her, and he had promised that, so it must have been play, right? Her internal confliction shown plainly in her eyes. She wanted to trust him, and yet the only time she'd been snapped at it was not playful. Was this a play fight now?

The question caused her to step off of him sideways, but she did not go any further. It was a quiet rejection of his invitation, but not of him. If they kept going like this, the woman would be very much out of her league. How weak she would seem to him! No, she didn't need him to think less of her. Her orange ears fell back awkwardly as she tried to speak. ”Oh, um... I'm not...” Bad start, don't sell yourself short already! She looked down, her thoughts racing to find better words for him. ”It's been a long time since I've uh, sparred with anyone.” Yeah, that sounded better, tougher. At least she didn't sound incompetent, only rusty. The last time she 'sparred' it had been for her life; and she'd lost! No, sparring is what her pack mates had done while she tried to keep out of their way. What she'd seen of 'play fighting' always seemed to end in blood. Around here people seemed to do it for fun; and therefore more gently.

Still, she'd almost never done it. The fight with her mother had been a miserable failure that got her banished, and before that... well before that she was a pup. There was no telling how awful she probably was at it for a wolf her age. Maybe Aeus would drop it, and she wouldn't have to look like an idiot in front of him.

Manipulation © Jenandra

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Astraeus - May 03, 2015

[dohtml]

He frowned as she turned away from his little banter. He knew she wouldn't turn him down in a "rude" way, but more of a decline in fear. He rolled himself to the side, facing her as she stumbled upon words to say. A pang in his chest went out for her, she was so fragile- like a baby bird in the rain. He welcomed her with a smile, lifting his massive frame off of the ground. "Ah, yes. I understand," He mused. He was caught in the middle of wanting her to feel at peace and the urgency to learn. His brows tensed and furrowed thoughtfully. "Raela.. with the arrival of war, you will need to fight." He looked down, feeling a bit bad about shoving reality into such a serene time. He glared at her, offering a goofy grin. "Would you like me to reteach you?" His tail gave a set of powerful wags, the whip lash wiggling his whole body. He wanted to first start off with defense and tactic, just to set her up with the basics of protecting herself. She had the potential to be a good fighter- a master of guerrilla warfare with her speed and agility. He turned and set off to find a clear place to spar, beckoning her to follow- he wasn't going to take no for an answer this time. Her life and the other members of the Downs could be on the line in the near future- everyone needed to fight for the pack and let alone themselves. For the first time, he was taking initiative here, readying himself for the road to success.

”Speech”

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Raela - May 04, 2015

[dohtml]

At first, it seemed that Aeus had reacted in her favor; smiling and cordially acknowledging her position. Then, the atmosphere changed with his expression. The man was suddenly very serious, and Raela could not recall a time when his face was so stern. He spoke the truth though, and the russet woman's head began to droop with the realization. He was undoubtedly right. She would have to defend her home and her new pack, and soon. His sunset eyes shifted downward as well, bringing some comfort to the tense girl's mind. It was short lived, for as her eyes took in his gesture of concern, she suddenly felt anxiety creeping up from her toes. Aeus would have to fight too. Sure, he was a big guy but that didn't make him impervious. What if something happened to him? What if... The worry had made its way onto her face just as his silly smile returned. She offered a weak grin, ears pricking up at his inquiry. 

She opened her mouth, rushing to find the right words. The girl wanted to protest for the sake of saving face, but Aeus was already glowing with excitement. Just seeing his tail streak through the air made her own wiggle in return. Wordlessly, her cranuim dipped toward the earth. There was no use in rejecting his offer. She needed to learn for their sake, and who better to teach her than her new closest companion? She watched as his ebony form whirled, barely taking note of her gesture before briskly padding away. Rae stood stock still a moment,  moving forward awkwardly only when he requested. She shuffled forward to catch up with the big brute, her stomach churning. What's he gonna make me do? Will he think I'm useless, like they said? Will he make fun of me? The worries were likely unfounded, but that didn't stop them from crowding up her brain.

When they reached what her teacher deemed a suitable location, Raela moved off to the side a few steps, trying to stand as straight and proper as she could manage; her head held at shoulder height. Her honeyed eyes regarded the man warily; there was no telling what he had up his sleeve. Heck, he could just launch himself at her to see what she'd do before offering any instruction. Rae hoped he didn't favor that method. The girl stood frozen, her attention pinned to the larger specimen. How were they going to start?

Manipulation © Jenandra

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Astraeus - May 05, 2015

[dohtml]

He was glad to see her at the corner of his vision, just trailing behind his limp tail. She had a passion to learn, and above all things he admired that. Most wolves would think themselves above learning- but not Raela. She really had made an impact on the man, in fact, she taught him. He had learned that being with another was much better than being alone. He learned that friendship- or what ever the two had, was just as important as learning to survive. And most importantly, he learned that this the way friends are supposed to treat each other- not with jealousy or with constant competition, but with compassion.

He paused, halting in the center of the opening. He took a deep breath, admiring the light streaming through the trees. "..Now Raela, I want you to get angry for me please.." He requested, wondering if there had been any time the sweet girl had ever been "mad". He gave her a good three minutes, letting the livid thoughts really marinate. "Now, I'm going to turn around- I want you to come at me with all of your anger. I won't fight back, I just want you to attack." He said calmly, wanting her to feel tranquil when he could ask something like that of her.  "One.." He began, turning slightly. "Two.." He was half way now. "Three." He whipped the last third of the way, facing her honeyed eyes. He didn't growl or snap or bristle. He just stood, waiting for the impact of a 90lb. woman to pin him down.

”Speech”

[/dohtml]

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - May 05, 2015

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Raela - May 06, 2015

[dohtml]

Astraeus' request struck the girl as odd. He very calmly asked her to get really pissed off. For a moment she stood there, thoroughly confused. She didn't like being angry, and she didn't want to get angry around him; he hadn't done anything. Nevertheless, the woman resigned herself to the dark side of her history with a sigh. Raela turned away as images from her past flooded her vision. Her stony gaze made it obvious that she was seeing something altogether different than this forest clearing. Her mind mulled about a bit on mildly irritating events, Gent's reaction to Kajika for instance. But soon she was delving into the pain at her core; the loss of Tolas. If Aeus wanted her mad, she would get mad. She remembered her awful family, their blood stained faces spitting his name out in disgust. Traitor... They called her weak, shoved her into the dirt, broke her skin, made her cry... The woman's eyes shut tight now, wrinkles forming as her face scrunched up with hidden pain.

His broken body left to rot... executed... But he was hurt! He needed help! He was pathetic like you... Only the strong... A snarl twitched onto her features. I should have killed you when you were born. Aeus' smooth voice pulled her thoughts apart, bringing her moistened eyes up to focus on him. The girl's hackles were at full height; the skin on her neck chilled and itchy from the display. She simply stared, her face betraying nothing of note except distress. He asked for her now. All of her. The thought managed to lessen the subordinate's rage as indecision plagued her once again. But he wasn't why she was upset... why, he was the best thing to come around since Tolas himself, how could she? Aeus wasn't taking no for an answer. He was turning. One... She steadied her stance, dipping her muzzle downward to glare at the back of her target. Two The girl swallowed hard, she had to have a plan. She couldn't unleash everything on him. She really didn't want to draw blood. The tawny woman licked her nose, feeling the tension building. She knew what she could do, but would it work? Would she look like a fool? Three.

Without hesitation, the girl charged. Anger was a powerful fuel source; each of her limbs felt as if they would never tire, and that felt really good. Putting her plan in motion, she raced straight at him, her muzzle wrinkled in a concentrated snarl. It wasn't aggressive, just intense. She knew charging straight at his jaws was a bad idea, whether or not the man planned on using them. Her agility and speed would be the things she needed to play on. Rae realized that much. And so, when the girl was a single stride from reaching him, she launched sideways. She didn't know if Aeus would try to turn and face her, or if he would move at all for that matter. What she was counting on was that even if he did, she'd be in a position to knock him to the ground that she couldn't have had from straight on. Once all four feet had hit the ground she spun, using the powerhouse at her hind to push her up at his shoulders. All four of her paws collected before the impact, aiming to smack full force into the dark brute's upper shoulder from the side. For good measure her teeth lashed out at his scruff, hoping to force the much larger man down with her forward momentum if nothing else. It would be a handy place to hold onto if she succeeded. 

Manipulation © Jenandra

[/dohtml]

RE: "Don't worry, its only a game!" - Astraeus - May 06, 2015

[dohtml]

He could sense the pent up rage in her dewy eyes as she charged at him. Every fiber of his instinctual self was to dodge or prevent him from oncoming harm- but he remained still. She leapt to the *left, skidding to a halt and then slamming him at the side with a mouth full of teeth. She pinned him, her jaws clutching a mouthful of ebony fur, hovering over his defeated side. He coughed with a wide smile. "Good-now again." He demanded politely, wanting her to find a "special spot". He raised his body, shaking her off a bit to release the pinprick teeth. "That was beautiful! Now I want you to find a go to move, that was good but needed to be a bit more aggressive." He offered a kind spout of criticism. "Really use the space to find your comfort zone, everybody has their 'power move'." He informed, backing away a bit to let her have more room. "Mine, for example, is knocking my opponent down with a charge to their back legs. This forces their front to slide out of control until I have them on the ground. It also leaves your opponent with a shaky and unsettling quiver in their most powerful force- the flank and calves. When you go to attack, your momentum should come from your legs. But, if I take that away then the opponent becomes significantly weaker." He explained, hoping she would understand that fighting isn't all just force- it relies heavily on strategy. "Try to get me down in a quick sweep." And with a reassuring nod, he was ready for round two. "Go."

*I assumed the side? I hope you don't mind

”Speech”

[/dohtml]