(See All?) Announcements
561 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam

Time Works Wonders — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
Standing in the midst of the sky high trees, one white wolf looked at the first stars to appear for this night. The white male sat patiently on his rock, the same one where he had met Marianna. After he had met the little princess Alphinaud was sure he wanted to settle down. He missed it, the fact he had no place to call home. No wolf to call family. Once he had all that, had a sister and a mother, brothers by bond instead of blood. But he had been young, he still was quite youthful in his opinion, when he wanted to see the world. Meet new wolves, see more from the world he did not know. It had took some time and consideration but after the wanderlust had eaten him to bits, he had left his old home. Now he hadn’t seen the whole world, he hadn’t even seen every bit of this realm. Yet the urge to search out for more had reduced to a smoldering cinder in the back of his mind. The need for a home had slowly grown on him over time, from the moment he had spoken with Kajika he had felt the loneliness seeping in. The talk with Gent had made him think even more. How long did he want to wander around and about. It would take it’s time to find a pack and fall back into a routine. Knowing himself it would take mere days before he would find his place within the group. He had always been a pack wolf, he loved to travel but he cherished his home more. And right now he stood a respectful distance away from the borders that could be a possible home.

Dark amber looked at the starry sky, the children of Gent should be tucked in. The man knew that the black male probably wanted a bit of time with his children, after all his duties fulfilled. The artic wolf didn’t want to rob the man from his little time with his own blood. He looked at the two rabbits next to his paws. His victories of today he had hunted further south, a gift was always appropriate whenever one knocked on your borders. Alphinaud took a long breath as he let out a requesting howl, low and clear in the night sky it called out for the leaders of Round Stone Crest and it’s family.

406 words

{ ooc notes @Gent @Minka
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
As usual, Marianna had tried her best to fight her bedtime, far outlasting the boys. Gent had been nothing but patient through it all, more than happy to get the extra time with his little girl. Eventually, however, exhaustion overtook her, and finally her baby blues closed as she gave way into slumber. He had settled in next to @Minka then, grateful for the spaciousness the main den provided them now in opposition to the cramped quarters of their natal shelter, but still opting to lay against her side all the same. The plan had been to spend and hour or two here with them, perhaps catching a quick nap of his own, before departing to scout the borders. Yet as a stranger's call entered the air, beckoning for the alpha pair, Gent accepted that his time with this makeshift family of his would be cut short tonight.

Assuring Minka that he would handle it alone, that she should continue to rest with the children, Gent heaved himself up onto his sturdy limbs and exited the den. As he ventured toward the border, pace hurried but not rushed, he contemplated how suddenly busy their reclusive mountain home had become of late. While such constant discovery may well one day spell trouble for his pack, Gent was in the mood to feel optimistic about it all. More knocking meant the possibility for more members, and Round Stone Crest desperately needed the new blood.

As he drew closer and could discern more about the foreigner from the signals in the air, he came to realize he recognized the scent vaguely. Once finally within view, a smile crossed the king's face and his guard relaxed some. His eyes swept over the rabbit for a mere second before looking the other man over, regarding his condition. He seemed to be faring well, for a rogue.

"Alphinaud!" he greeted cheerily. "Can I assume you've grown tired of wandering?"
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
The white male sat on his hunches as waited patiently for anyone to come. He wasn’t only expecting the black King that had become his friendly acquaintance. There might be his Queen who answered the call first, or another member who decided he had to be snuffed out first. But from all those that could have come to his call Alphinaud whished it would be Gent. Not only because the male already knew him, it would be a lot harder to prove his worth to any unknown wolf who just saw him on first look. Whatever the case was, he was prepared to show his best side.

The high trees and the dark shadows were a delight, he felt little among the giants but he didn’t feel  puny. There was an awe in his eyes as he entertained himself with observing the scenery. How long would it take to grow that tall, survive storms, thunder and fire in order to grow to the skies. Simply marvelous. His ears twitched as they received the soft pads of a pace. Growing louder and louder until he saw a shadow among the trees. His head tilted in anticipation as he waited for the first one to come, his head slightly lowered in advance as he waited. With a calm expression he waited for the shadows to disappear and for the wolf to walk on the stage. Only for his eyes to lit up and his ears go up. ‘Gent!’ A smile brightened his face as he watched the black King approach him with an equally cheery greeting.

The white male nodded to his opposite color. ‘Yes, I miss pack life and the routine. I’ve never been a great adventurer to be honest.’ He shrugged with a smile, now he had finally chosen his rightful path everything felt more at ease. ‘I brought you and your pack a gift, I thought it would be appropriate.’ The white wolf left his position to nudge the two victories towards the King. It wasn’t a adult doe but it was the thought that counts.

347 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The pleasantries passed through Gent's ears, his smile growing a little more pronounce upon his lips as Alphinaud informed him that he had indeed come to his borders in order to seek an end to his nomadic life. The king even felt a slight swell of pride to know that after all the traveling, Alphinaud had chose to heed his words and travel north to seek out his pack. Most of all, he was happy to have such a friendly and earnest face seek them out. Gent was certain that Alphinaud would be a valuable addition to the roster. Still, this was all information he had gathered through a short meeting, and while he was inclined to say yes the acceptance would not come so trivially.

Only when Alphinaud referred to the hares at his paws did Gent look upon them again, having of course assumed them to be tribute but not willing to take what had not be offered to him. Now, however, he reached out a heavy black mitt and hooked it around one, pulling it into the other and then bring them both to rest immediately before him.

"Much appreciated. The children should be dropping their milk teeth any day now, perhaps these might serve as their first solid meal," he spoke conversationally, before finally getting down to the heart of the business at paw.

"I would like for you to join us, but I'm not the only say here, of course. You'll need to impress the queen," Gent informed him, thinking this was the best course of action. If Alphinaud gave Minka the same amiable impression and answered her questions satisfactorily, it would only serve to cement what Gent already thought of him. He felt certain that @Minka wouldn't mind be roused for matters such as these, and therefore he threw up his jaws and let out a short-lived song, beckoning her to them.
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

When the call had come out and Gent had taken his leave Minka had been ready to assure him that she would come with him when @Draven had awoken. The children were far old enough now to be left alone in the den once they had already been sleeping especially now that they slept in the communal area but they had never fallen asleep alone before. So when her darkest child awoke with a wail about a bad dream or the cold or some other problem the mother had ushered her king out and laid back down. Nudging the boy close against her body so their sides pressed against once another she did her best to sooth him, humming the same song that Tokino had sung their first litter. Something she had learned was much of the time night tantrums couldn't be settled with actual words, it was the atmosphere that would lull children back to sleep.

Finally the boy seemed to be drifting off again when a second call rang through the night, this time by a man she recognized and he was calling for her specifically. Assuring Draven that she would return soon and that everything was alright she did her best to leave the den peacefully so as not to awake his siblings. Once she exited the stone entrance the mother stretched her stiff muscles as quickly as possible before setting off after Gent's scent.

Coming upon the scene the woman's eyes were quick to sweep over the stranger to assess the situation. He smelled of no other packs so he must be a loner and based by the hares placed over Gent's paws he had come with gifts with an interest of joining. Moving her gaze from the hares to the actual loner himself Minka looked closer, his coat while white seemed well groomed enough and his body was slim but not in a malnourished way. Perhaps he would make a good runner, they were in need of a scout. Turning her head back towards her co-lead she smiled one that actually reached her golden eyes in a way that was beginning to return to her. Perhaps it was that she had just awoken again or perhaps it was the time of night but her inhibitions were down and her smile was followed with what was meant to be a gentle nudge with her muzzle. Meaning just to bump him affectionately against the bottom of her chin the woman instead the nudge morphed into her slowly running her muzzle from the front of his chin until she reached the top of his neck.

The sudden closeness of the situation (one that albeit she had caused) felt incredibly intimate, despite the stranger standing before them. While she had struggled with her attraction to the man never before had she felt the sensation she felt when they touched this time, like a shock running between the contact. With a barely audible gasp she stepped backwards, turning her attention one more towards the loner her face composed. Now was not the time for this, she wasn't sure when the time for that would be but it wasn't now. In the whole minute she had been there the alpha had not uttered a word and she wouldn't be the one to break the silence. Instead the golden eyes looked on towards the ghostly loner expectantly, it was his time to speak his piece.

Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
Gent took his gift, saying it might be the first meal of their little ones. Phin couldn’t help but feel the corners of his lips move up a bit, the thought his meal could be the first solid meal was quite an honor. For someone else it might be nothing but he held treasure in little things. Besides he had a little spot for any little one that crossed his path. Gent’s tone slightly changed as they went over from friendly greetings to the real business. Him joining their family. The Artic wasn’t a foolish man, he knew that good ties with one Alpha was a plus but it was definitely not a free pass into the family. The black male had a significant other after all. ‘I would love to meet the Queen, proof her of my worth. ’ He said with a nod. Gent opened his jaws and let out a song for his Queen. How would the Queen of the pack be? He had met his fair square of Kings and a few Queens, none were about joining however. Most were similar to how he had met Gent. Pure coincidence and two strangers open for a pleasant conversation.

‘I’ve met Marianna when I was around here.’ He said as a matter to fill the short silence that had fallen over them. ‘She’s a feisty little one.’ He grinned at the thought of the mischievous little pup. He was sure the little girl was not allowed to go out yet, but the outside lands had thrilled her curiosity to the point of slipping out and bumping into his side. ‘I made sure she didn’t fell to any harm. We had an… interesting meeting.’ The shorter versions of them were always full of fantasy and illusions. They came up with the strangest impulses and Phin was never sure how to exactly describe such moments apart from ‘special’ or ‘interesting.’

A few moments later two white ears perked up, as they thought to have heard something. His ears were proven right as he soon saw a wolf form approaching them. The white male saw a smaller and lighter wolfess, yet the gaze and way she held her body made her no less impressive than her male opposite. Alphinaud respectfully bowed his head as she approached. Greeting her mate in an intimate way, his amber eyes subtle left the couple to once more look at the trees and the dark beyond. Until there was a short silence and a pair of expectant eyes on his. ‘I’m Alphinaud Lothaire, a rogue coming from beyond this realm.’ He introduced himself to the woman in question. ‘I had the pleasure to meet Gent in my travels and he offered me a home when my wanderlust would be satisfied.’ His head lifted slightly up to meet the Queen’s eyes. ‘I’m aware there are many rogues like myself searching for a place to call home. Some come and go, but I assure you I’m not one of them. I left my family home years ago in favor for a sight on the world. Now I’ve satisfied my curiosity I wish to settle down once more.’ He paused for a short moment. ‘And hopefully forever.’

Alphinaud looked at the Queen and then his eyes went to Gent. ‘I’m young but I believe I have qualities to strengthen your pack. With my gift I prove to you I’m capable of hunting. I’ve survived on my own for several moons, as you can see I’m self-sufficient and won’t burden the pack. I do not have knowledge about medicine but I’m a good hunter. Although I would love to put my efforts in more prioritized matters.’ His eyes went back to the Queen. ‘Of course my word are but words, but if given the chance I will proof that I’m willing to give my last breath for your family.’ The white wolf silenced as he looked with his own expectation shining in his eyes to the Alpha’s before him. Confident and patient as he let his words sink in and wait for their reactions.

600 something words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Once the call was out unto the air, traveling swiftly and dissipating in short moments, they had nothing left to do but wait. Gent's eyes scanned the land beyond Alphinaud, almost absent-mindedly, the trait of an ever-vigilant wolf. It wasn't until the man spoke that his glacial sights returned to the cream dial, and Gent would have been happy that his company chose to pass the time with more idle conversation if the first word out of his mouth hadn't been his only daughter's name.

Instantly his blood ran cold, and a fierce, overbearing need to protect nearly overwhelmed him. Thankfully for the both of them, logic quickly won the battle over his reaction, and his shock was evident only in his eyes. Not a single feature betrayed the agitation that lay beneath his skin. Truthfully, he was thankful that of all the wolves to have stumbled upon his baby girl outside of the territory it was Alphinaud. Still, the idea of a stranger, even an acquainted one, being able to interact with @Marianna without his knowledge much less protection greatly worried and angered the king.

He certainly would need to have a talk with both Minka and his little girl about this later, for the next time Ari found herself alone and outside the shield of Round Stone Crest the visit most likely would not be so kind.

"She certainly is," he agreed, voice holding solid to continue the pattern of not betraying his emotions. "Thank you for that."

It was only shortly after this that Minka arrived. Her pawsteps could be heard drawing near, Gent's ears swiveling to meet their sound before his head followed suit. A warm, almost apologetic smile was sent her way. Again, he regretted having to pull her from her time with the children, but ultimately the gain from this occasion would outweigh such small inconveniences.

Even once she reached his side, the queen continued to come closer, and Gent found himself leaning into her touch. It wasn't until after she had drawn away and his gaze raised to see that Alphinaud had averted his own did the king fully comprehend what such a gesture might have meant between them. Suddenly, he felt something akin to the emotions he'd held when hearing about Ari's venture outside of his domain, though while their burning was familiar he knew that this was something different entirely. Unwilling to give it even a moment's thought, he was incredibly thankful for their applicant's forging ahead with his verbal resume.

He listened perhaps a bit more diligently than he otherwise would have, but the course of action worked its magic in distracting him from the troubling thoughts that had tried to worm their way into his mind with Minka's bold greeting. Several ideas sat on the back of his tongue, words to bolster Alphinaud's presence before the queen and to convince her of his use. However, the man had done an eloquent job himself, and anything further Gent could say in his regard would need to be sensed by the regal herself. That was, after all, the entire reasoning behind calling her in the first place. If she saw nothing but genuity when appraising Alphinaud, Gent would know that his faith would be well placed.
(This post was last modified: Aug 20, 2015, 02:58 AM by Gent.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
This is Minka's exit :)

Gent's apologetic smile was appreciated but not necessarily needed, it was good for her children to see their parents work. By seeing the responsibility that came with being an adult they in time would hopefully come to grow to be responsible adults themselves. If they saw no discipline or sacrifice they would only learn that they never needed any of those things and while they may be royal in this pack that didn't mean they were entitled to anything. Minka herself had been raised learning that she would need to work for everything she wanted, though it had been done in a way that often implied as the runt of the litter she would accomplish little. Still the fact that the king acknowledged and knew how precious her time with her children is was important to her. As she pulled away from their brief embrace the mother was finding it hard to ignore the heat that seemed to linger from where they had made contact. It was like she had been sunning herself for ours but only along her muzzle.

As Alphinaud spoke Minka could find nothing triggering or suspicious in his speech or the way he held himself, truly it was all rather eloquent. Looking briefly to Gent to be assured that he shared her same opinion a smile broke out over her features as she glanced back towards the white male. Stepping forward she pressed her tawny sides against his pale ones as she spoke, "Your gifts are well appreciated Alphinaud. As far as I'm concerned your journey as a loner has come to a close, welcome to the Crest." Finishing the job by coming in a full circle and returning to the side of her fellow alpha she smiled once more. Gently she pressed her nose to Gent's cheek and murmured, "I should return to the children, well done Gent." With one more swift smile towards their newest member she turned to take her leave. Her pups were waiting.

Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
There was a short silence after his so called ‘’speech’’ and Alphinaud would be lying if he didn’t feel the nerves playing with him. But if the smile that broke out on the Queens lips was anything to go by, he would not have to worry. Seeing the smile alone made his tail swish instantly, correcting himself to keep his cool –for now- he awaited her reaction. ‘I’m honored my Queen, I won’t fail you, or you Gent.’ He said as his own smile broke out shining like the moon. It was dizzying to believe those two wolves right before him were now his leaders, his King and Queen. And he, from this moment on, was part of their family. He would serve them well, treat their offspring like the royalty they were and see them grow up. He would finally reminisce how it felt to be in a family. And as the Queen pressed her sides against his, mingling his scent with her own and all the scents of the members her coat carried. The new member of the Crest waited patiently but excitement obviously twinkling in his eyes as his Alpha’s formally accepted him into their family. Minka left soon after, back to their children whom probably missed their mothers warmed. As she left Alphinaud looked at his friend and now Alpha. ‘It seems like you will have me around for quite a long time.’ He grinned unable to hide his happiness. He was sure he had made the right choice with the Crest. As he looked at his King and he knew he would serve the man without hesitation. ‘I guess I’ll follow you and go back home?’ His head tilted slightly as his grin reduced to a calm smile. He was home.

295 words

{ ooc notes Exit for Phin here ^^ Thanks guys <3
regular text -

thought text

- talking text