Google, Adora, Bing

Be a Man — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
@Gent *insert Be a Man from Mulan xD*
Set after Raela

His joining with the Crest went smooth. He had already met Raela and talking with the woman had added some more valueable information about the pack and the other members on top of Gents 101 Round Stone Crest when he was accepted into the pack. He was aware of an incident that had happened at the borders with an outsider. Training –basics were the first step- was deemed necessary. Even though Alphinaud didn’t see himself as a fighter, especially after his spar with Enoki he knew this was not his forte. But it was never too late to ace his weaknesses. Especially if the pack was in possible danger, let alone with curious and the not always obedient pups among their midst. He wondered what Gent would learn them for Defensive Training. As soon as the white male knew about the required training he had asked his friend if he could mentor him with the specifics. Personally he thought he would be a suited scout or hunter. He had the legs after all. His fights were often solved by tongue instead of claws and teeth. But he was a wolf, an animal and if he could make a deer fall to its knees he was confident he could do the same with someone of his own kin.
Standing outside a few yards away from their sleeping place he howled for Gent. He hoped the man had remembered their appointment, you never knew with busy Alpha’s. However he was slightly excited to workout with his leader and to get the man to know a bit better. But above all he wondered how good –or bad- he would be.

278 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The sun passed him overheard, seemingly racing the leviathan toward the horizon line. He was late, something that was absolutely intolerable for the perfectionist. His stride hastened, anxiously, and it was a strain not to full out run. Yet he couldn't be seen frazzled by a matter so simple to others, especially in regards to a newcomer. But that was part of the point; he wanted Alphinaud to be here for the long haul, had very high expectations of the man in fact. Gent couldn't afford to appear sloppy and lose his respect at all, much less so quickly.

As his appointment's patient call stretched itself through the air, reaching out to him, a scowl briefly flashed across his muzzle. Yes, he most certainly was tardy, dammmit. A sigh escaped him as he accepted this fate, muscles loosening with resignation. Ah well, surely the genial man would understand such trivial missteps.

In short time from that moment, the king arrived, collected and solemn in features. It wasn't until he came to a stop before his subordinate that a small smile appeared.

"Are you certain you want to go through with this so soon? I would've given you more time to acclimate," he said. The word he had wanted to say was recuperate, but in Alphinaud's case that wasn't quite so. Certainly not like it had been in Calanthe's case. No, the man had actually done impressively well on his own, and had needed only a short time with the pack to fill out again.
Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
It took a while before the King made his entrance. Long enough to make the whitest wolf of the pack wonder if Gent had forgotten their appointment. Even a fool knew how busy the black Alpha was, currently juggling his duty as leader and role as father between every sunrise and sun down. The mans tasks seemed never-ending and even in the few days that Alphinaud had the honour to sleep as a Crest member, he could already feel respect for his leaders efforts. It inspired the Artic to better himself, ever since the ‘’battle’’ between him and Enoki he had realised how weak he actually was. His fighting skills were below zero, ever since he had practiced his stamina and moves on his own. Unfortunately it never sufficed as good training without a real partner to practice with. He hoped this session would be the start of something good. How great it would be if he could protect the young and the old.

Fight was not his first preference. Words were his weapons and he wouldn’t feel completely fit in a role as Guardian. However the white male had already decided that pack priorities would go before his own. If they needed a guardian to watch the enemy, he would. Still, he hoped for a career with less violence if possible. Before Alphinaud thought about a second call to his friend he saw the black male approaching. ‘Yes, I heard it was a rather urgent matter although I still don’t know the whole story behind it.’ Alphinaud spoke after he dipped his head to acknowledge Gent’s rank. He had time, he was willing and there was no reason to procrastinate to improve his fighting skills. He was sure Gent and Minka had a reason for the mandatory fighting practice and he wouldn’t question their reasons. ‘How would you like to start?’

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
We'll be using rolls for this so that you can practice using the fight system, as well as to keep it realistic/interesting. I'm not sure if you've used it before? If you haven't, you will need to ask for a roll in the fight request thread and see the results before you make your next post (that way if it's a miss, you can choose to say that Alphinaud did something other than attack). Also, even if Gent's attack is a hit, it is up to you how and where he hit Alphy. If you need any help, just shoot me or any staff member a PM!

Gent's ears tipped forward to receive the contrastly coated man's words, a low chuff of agreement escaping him as @Alphinaud remarked on the severity of the incident that had necessitated these regular training sessions. His mind attempted to crawl backward in time, to the fear that had coursed through his veins as he thundered over the land toward Raela's scent mixed with that of his violent sister @Vitani 's, how he hadn't been able to help but anticipate the worst; however he chased the thoughts away, placing the past behind a barricade. This was the amends he was making for allowing such a thing to happen, on his borders to his @Raela.

"Yeah," he agreed, shaking out his thick midnight coat before beginning to settle back upon coiled muscles. It felt so natural to take up this posture, to brace himself for combat. It was more than just bettering the pack and those within it. He truly enjoyed these spars. "I'll give ya the details after you've impressed me."

The offer was sent out with an amiably smirk, before his features were taken over by a mask of solemnity, marking the beginning of their training sessions.

"I don't like talking much through these. I prefer to see what you're capable of, and show you what's wrong and what's right. I'm going to try and pin you, and you're going to try and foil me. Ready, set..." 'Go' was emphasized by the clacking of his jaws as the mammoth wolf rapidly launched forward, coming head on toward Alphinaud. It was a routine move, but so was his system. The more he saw of Alphinaud's technique, the more he would be able to customize their sparring to suit his weaknesses. The king aimed to wrap his forelimbs around the other man's neck and force his front end to the ground.