(See All?) Announcements
627 Users Online
Bing, Google

Lost And Now Found — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Caroline who has 105 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot
ooc: @Moraxia dated 8/25/15, morning. Sunny, 68°F/18°C. Pack newbie bonding time!

Despite her slow progress towards becoming an asset to the pack, Calanthe still wasn't one for early mornings. She was determined to enjoy the ability to sleep in while she could still get away with it - and by that she of course meant as long as her own conscience allowed her to do so without wringing her gut into guilty little knots. The line between caution and laziness could be a ridiculously thin one.

The morning sunlight had turned from fire gold to pale white, flooding the territory with bright, clear light by the time the pale woman finally dragged herself outside. She paused to stretch a second time, her back popping as something that had knotted up in her sleep finally released itself with one good roll of her spine. The nightmares were still bothersome, and with the clarity of full wakefulness and basking in the warming sunlight Calanthe found herself more frustrated than frightened by their persistence. Honestly, was one good night's sleep so difficult to ask for?

And they were twice as frustrating now that the pack had welcomed two more newcomers, both around Calanthe's age... and one of whom, according to what she had been able to overhear, ranked lower than her purely because she was a senior member to the other woman. That was... not good. That was actually decidedly bad. Calanthe had shared the lowest rank with Lumusi and Mateu until the day Spirit's Gambol had burned, and had enjoyed the same rank here. She hoped to become a hunter for the Crest, but honestly, how could she hold any authority over anyone else here? It was jarringly wrong. She was a subordinate. It was all she knew.

She wondered if her thrashing and squealing last night had disturbed either newcomer. She hoped not; they needed their rest after so long out in the wilds, though neither looked quite as miserable as she was sure she initially had. Bad enough she held rank over Moraxia despite being physically inferior to the other woman - she didn't need to be disturbing her sleep, too, the way she was certain she must disturb her other pack mates.

She shook her mane out with an irritated snort. What a wonderful way to begin the morning! She needed to find something more productive to do - like, say, explore the territory again, though by now she was certain she had already seen all of it. It wouldn't hurt her to stay familiar with its layout, and a little mental mapping would hopefully keep her fur from going gray with stress.
(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2015, 09:57 AM by Calanthe.)
[Image: jWoC23.png]
[Image: ROWtwloha2015-rsc.png]
Played by Miss Freeman who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris
OOC: Slight bit of PP to get things going, tell me if you would like it fixed. <3 LET'S BOND.

Moraxia had become fond of waking up to patrol right as the sky shifted from the dark blue she adored into a warm and welcoming dawn of bright, blazing yellows and oranges. The sky was still alive with bright alabaster stars painted onto the charcoal-azure canvas when the wolf left her comfortable resting place beside her happily snoozing pack mates. Her entire focus was set to the world around her as she awoke during her morning stroll through the territory, large legs clumsily regaining consciousness after their prolonged inactiveness. Ears swiveling attentively around to greet every incoming sound sung to her, the amber-coated creature enjoyed drowning in the rhythmic tunes of the forest waking from its common habitual slumber. Her morning stroll was anything but graceful and she felt almost out of place in the simple perfection of nature. After circling the base of the territory, the sun now climbing high into the baby-blue sky, she allowed herself to leisurely loop back around to her still dormant pack mates resting location. Her brown eyes surveying the snoozing lumps, she noticed the once occupied spot recently vacant. Nodding to accept the new information, she set off again calmly towards the fresh tracks, hoping to meet what she assumed was one of the newer members of the pack she had been hearing about.

Not long into her trek, a strongly familiar aroma filled her lungs; the scent of a nearby pack wolf. Just up ahead about 20 feet she noticed a wolf-like shape making its way through the glistening trees at a comfortable pace. The pale, smaller canine’s features became more distinguishable the closer Moraxia trotted to the stranger. Unsure if the wolf had noticed her presence she began putting a considerable amount of weight into her disproportionately large paws, causing a soft ’thud’ against the dirt and grass beneath her as she approached. Her tail softly flowed out behind her, wagging gently from side to side as she neared the female’s presence, slowing her pace to match the woman’s stride. Offering a smile, the wolf casually muttered “Hey, I don’t believe we met,” politely looking into the wolf’s eyes and bowing her head in respect, if she allowed such a greeting. “I’m Moraxia. Sorry if I’m intruding; was just in the area and figured it might be a good idea to get to know more of you around here. How long have you been part of this group?” She hoped her excited array of words didn’t overwhelm the newly met wolf, submissively keeping her eyes directed to the path in front of them. Cautiously awaiting a response, she kept her ears attentive to the woman next to her.
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2015, 03:32 AM by Moraxia.)
Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot
ooc: Calanthe is forever a shy doof.

Calanthe heard the newcomer's footsteps and scented her before the other woman drew level with her, and turned to face the reddish agouti with a smile - and then belatedly noticed Moraxia's submissive greeting. The pale she-wolf's next step landed a little clumsily before she regained her balance... and her composure.

"You aren't intruding at all," she told the larger wolf with another smile. "I was just wandering the territory to... wake myself up. And stay familiar with the area." And distract herself from things that didn't warrant the amount of stress she put into them. She squished down the urge to give herself another hard shake.

"You're right; I don't think we had the chance to properly introduce ourselves to each other," she continued. "My name is Calanthe Quickfoot. I... came to Round Stone Crest just a little under a month ago... although it was more luck than my own doing that I came to be here." Her ears flicked as she elaborated, "If Gent had not found me, I don't know... if I would have had the courage to approach the pack's boundaries and beg for a place here." The pale wolf shook her head in disbelief. "I don't know how I convinced him that I was worth taking in as I was then... but I'm glad that I did."

"How did you find us?" she asked after a moment. "Are you... finding it easy to fit in with us?" She genuinely hoped the answer was yes - not only for Moraxia's sake, but also because the Crest pack had so swiftly become like family to Calanthe, though she still did not know most of them very well. She owed them all her life. That was enough.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

"You aren't intruding at all, I was just wandering the territory to... wake myself up. And stay familiar with the area." Moraxia silently nodded, disregarding the woman’s hesitance as a smile backed her words. "You're right; I don't think we had the chance to properly introduce ourselves to each other. My name is Calanthe Quickfoot. I... came to Round Stone Crest just a little under a month ago... although it was more luck than my own doing that I came to be here." The female smiled at Calanthe, appreciating her interest in talking so sincerely to the lonely red-backed wolf. Her tone was truthful and full of genuine kindness, something Moraxia was quite fond of.

"If Gent had not found me, I don't know... if I would have had the courage to approach the pack's boundaries and beg for a place here."  Sorrow fell into the females face as she felt the need to sympathize with Calanthe. The canine averted her eyes to the ground beneath her feet, continuing to listen quietly as the wolf talked. "I don't know how I convinced him that I was worth taking in as I was then... but I'm glad that I did." Wincing slightly at her words, the brown-eyed female turned her head to the side to keep the woman from seeing her sad eyes. She genuinely felt for this woman, as she had experienced the same feeling upon arriving at the borders, searching for acceptance. “Yes… they were very generous in letting me join as well,” she said as her shoulders shrugged casually.

"How did you find us?" The question pulled her back out of her originally dramatically serious state, and she handed a light smile to the woman, glancing back at her eyes. “It was you who found me, actually. I was out looking for a pack, and Raela happened to stumble upon me while I was…” Her voice trailed off as her eyes moved forward, taking up a thousand-mile-gaze. Shaking her head after a moment, she continued sharply, ears pinned to her head. “Anyway, she invited me back here where she introduced me to Gent and Minka, who welcomed me almost immediately.” The wolf was enjoying opening up her heart cautiously to this female that seemed to match her in nervousness.

”Are you... finding it easy to fit in with us?" A bright smile returned to her face, and she couldn’t help but wag slightly. “Yes, I’m very fond of everyone I have met so far. You are all so very kind here, and I feel quite lucky to be a part of a family again.” She allowed the silence to sit between them, returning her gaze to the forest, she realized how far they had come and paused for a moment to catch her breath. Hoping the wolf would stop and do the same so they could continue their pleasant conversation, she continued to speak. “Are you enjoying your time here? Anything I should know about the other wolves around? Have you met any…handsome fellows?” Moraxia giggled, planting herself flat on the dirt of the forest floor where she had stopped, crossing her long legs over one another. She tried to lighten the conversation in an attempt to brighten the woman’s mood. Plus, she was curious about the other members of the pack she hadn’t met yet, and she figured this might stir up some interesting controversy. The female enjoyed silly gossip at times- especially with people she had only just met.

Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot

Calanthe felt herself relax a bit more as she listened to Moraxia talk. She really did seem happy here, although the pale wolf noted the odd morose silences she lapsed into. There was as story there that went far deeper than what the red agouti was explaining, but Calanthe wasn't one to pry into the affairs of others - not even pack mates who seemed troubled by their own thoughts. It wasn't her place to invade their silences.

"The King and Queen of this pack are exceedingly generous," Calanthe agreed in a quiet murmur. "I'm... not used to so much kindness from a royal family."

She stopped when Moraxia did, sitting down in a patch of morning sunlight and shaking out her mane. She froze mid-yawn at Moraxia's teasing question, then sputtered for a moment before giving herself another, much harder shake and stammering, "I-I... have not actually... er... I haven't paid much mind to... uh... anyone's... aesthetic... appearance. I s-suppose there are a few... er... very nice, very handsome wolves, yes. Uhm... cer-certainly all of my pack mates - our pack mates, that is, of course - eh, certainly they are all very friendly and helpful..."

She coughed, shook herself a third time, cleared her throat, and took a slow, deep breath through her nose before continuing more calmly, "I... haven't really made much of an effort yet to... get to know most of them. I should probably correct that at some point - but I will say that Gent is... not quite as terrifying as he looks, and that Raela is a very trustwothy woman if you need advice or a shoulder to cry on." The fur along her spine gradually began to lie flat again as she spoke; her assessments of the towering King and the agouti woman were helping to distract her from... certain thoughts Moraxia's innocent question had just kicked up.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris
Moraxia hadn’t noticed Cal’s stutter at first, but it had become very much apparent now. Scolding herself for asking such a bold question of the female, she tried to remain casually interested in the babbling woman. A light smile sat upon her face in the hopes to ease the smaller female’s attempts at getting her thoughts across. Stretching her muscly legs out in front of her, she found herself extremely comfortable in this woman’s presence and felt no need to attempt to correct her stuttering or interrupt her endeavors. Her smile hardened slightly as the woman took a pause to regain her composure.

Her eyes met the wolf’s as she listened, taking in as much information at once as she could. “I can’t say I’ve made too much of an effort either, but…” Her words stopped as her mind twisted. ‘maybe I should start.’ The female continued to talk, and Moraxia nodded at her words. Gent had seemed formidable the day she met him, but maybe something else was brewing behind what she had already stereotyped him to be-  a brute. She had, of course, already met Raela and was quite fond of the wolf. She was finding great company in Calanthe’s truthfulness and willingness to talk, even if it meant possibly making a fool of herself.

Noticing the female’s muscles now relaxing, Moraxia offered a small tail wag and another welcoming grin. “Well- you should go try to meet some, and maybe put a good word in for me along the way!” A soft giggle sung out from the amber wolf’s black patterned face. Slowly sitting up from her resting place she shook her coat out to remove any unwanted hitch-hikers and watched the pale woman’s face, her emotions becoming serious. “Although, I’m not sure how much that would help me… a giant, clumsy female doesn’t scream romantic, does it?” A depressed tone had attached itself to her calming voice. The forest around them seemed to feel the sadness in the air between them, and all became rather quiet. Moraxia didn’t want to be lonely forever, but she lacked the confidence to seek out a mate- much less seduce any that came in contact. Losing herself in her thoughts, like usual, she stared at the dirt between her paws.

Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot

Calanthe smiled weakly back at the larger female's encouragement. "It certainly couldn't hurt, I suppose," she offered feebly. More clearly, she added, "And it really would be good to start getting to know the rest of my pack mates better. I still have difficulty remembering a few names..." Her muzzle scrunched up in irritation with herself. Surely she had not always been this timid around strangers... had she?

Her ears pricked as Moraxia's mood took another sharp downswing. Ah... Calanthe winced and looked away awkwardly. She knew that look well enough - and squashed the painful memories that surged forward at the reminder. That was not a good area to venture towards, not so early in the day.

Eager to help Moraxia pull herself away from whatever shadows her own mind had wandered into, Calanthe offered another forced smile to the other woman and said, "You make a more romantic sight than me, I think. Look at me!" She stood and spun around once in place, grinning as she added, "A full month and I'm still bony! Besides," she added as she plopped herself down again, "I flinch at my own shadow sometimes. I think I'll be the one with the harder time finding a mate - at least you've got a backbone!"

Admitting as much out loud hurt, but Calanthe smiled through the twinge. It was easiest to take shelter in self deprecation at times like these - easier to remind others that they could do much worse by showing them proof of it in herself. She still wasn't sure how else to go about soothing wounds that ran as deep as Moraxia's seemed to... and Calanthe was used to hurting. It was practically ingrained into her being by now, just the same as feeling lonely and misplaced. It was a grim way to live, maybe, but it was familiar, and that brought out more of the pale woman's confidence.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

Moraxia blushed at the pale wolf’s words, and found herself giggling slightly as she spun around in a circle. Playfully grinning as the wolf sat down in front of her, she took in each word with gratefulness. “Oh, but Cal- you’re beautiful, and so very kind to me!” She blurted out, grinning from ear-to-ear. This woman had managed to drag her back into her comfort zone almost instantly just by this gesture of kindness. Slumping back down onto her haunches, she let out a content sigh. The wolf felt she might enjoy her morning strolls a lot more if this woman accompanied her more often.

"Do you like taking morning walks? I find them very relaxing." She spoke calmly and softly.'And it helps remind me I'm not alone...'  Moraxia thought, though her expression remained unmoving. Still she feared of being alone even now after having been in the pack for two weeks. She couldn't escape the feeling of waking up one day and it all being gone, everything she had been working so hard for ripped away from her by reality's cruel claws.

”Well, at least there will always be allies around us,” Still smirking widely, she tossed her head around as she spoke in an attempt to disarm the flies around her. “I like how close-knit this family is.” Nonchalantly ending her sentence, she looked to the sky peaking in-between the leaves. It was almost noon already, and she still hadn’t even attempted to find food. “Say… maybe we should scare up some lunch?” Her stomach grumbled in agreement.
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2015, 01:55 AM by Moraxia.)
Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot

Calanthe shook her head with a smile. "You're the one being too kind," she told Moraxia, though her voice was warm as she said it. She couldn't help but feel a little gratified by the praise, even though she honestly didn't believe a word if it. She was bony, and she wasn't blind to her other faults, either. Moraxia would likely have a far easier time finding something to pair off with - and that was okay. The woman deserved some good to happen to her, to counteract whatever bad thing had driven her here to begin with.

"I enjoy walking as a rule," the light colored woman answered with a nod and a flick of her ears. "It helps me think - gives me something to do rather than sit around and stew in my own thoughts." Her smile grew wider as she said, "I wouldn't mind having some company on my walks, now and again." It would keep her from being too consumed with her own thoughts and memories. Surely that couldn't be a bad thing.

Allies? Family, her mind corrected the woman's words gently, though Calanthe didn't voice the sentiment out loud. Everyone had their own way of voicing their feelings and opinions. Surely Moraxia really meant family - so Calanthe pushed that thought aside and instead grinned at Moraxia's invitation to scrounge up some food. That really wasn't a bad idea at all; the pale woman leapt gracefully to her paws and pranced forward a few paces as she said, "I think I could go for a quick hunt to stretch my legs."
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris
OOC: Terribly sorry about the wait! :(

Seeing the female’s excited steps forward, Moraxia nodded happily. She would definitely bring this bright and relatable woman on more of her excursions through the territory. Standing quietly, she turned and continued her descent slowly, eyes searching the wilderness around her. Lowering her nose to the earth, the wolf sniffed cautiously about the dirt. Noticing small, bird-like tracks accompanied by the smell of several small pheasants her view fixated on the clearing now not far ahead of them. She shot a glance at Calanthe hoping the pale woman had also taken notice of the creature’s presence in the area. She lowered her stance letting her tail straighten out behind her, pupils locked and ears at attention as she moved fluently toward the prey’s location. She crept with only the sound of her large frame brushing aside branches.

Entering the foliage that circled the clearing, she crawled underneath the low-lying branches on a nearby bush. Her gaze found the small birds in the center of the glade as they picked through the grass for their lunch unaware of the predators nearby. A grin crossed Moraxia face for a split second before she motioned to the clearing and mouthed the word “pheasants” to her hunting companion. Creeping back to lower the chance of the timid birds hearing her voice, she turned to Cal. “I’ll flank them from the side. We’ll jump together,” the wolf whispered laconically and quietly. Without checking to see if Cal understood, she darted silently away from the clearing. Allowing herself enough distance to avoid being heard the canine began to circle the opening in the forest. Reaching the rim just opposite where the female would be waiting, she lowered her body to the ground and again shimmied up between the trees.

The female waited for a moment, unable to see Cal through the dense foliage. A problem soon arose she had not considered; if the woman could not see her give the signal, the plan would surely go awry. Searching desperately with her brown eyes she again found nothing. The pheasants began to stir and their nervousness was noticeable as they raised their heads in unison. She would just have to hope Cal was prepared to lunge at a moment’s notice, for it was now or never.

Creeping closer to her targets, Moraxia determined the group to consist of 4 hens. Clucking noises rose from the creatures as the birds began to take notice of the situation. The predator let out a calming breath before planting her feet firmly to the ground, shifting her weight to the front of her paws, and launching herself clean out of the bushes followed by a booming bark to dismay the flock. In a frenzy the birds instantly shot up into the air as Moraxia’s paws stretched out in front of her to collide with their wings. Her attempt unsuccessfully passed the first pheasant as it threw itself into the air; on her way her down she managed to twist her body in a helix-like formation and swat the second panicked bird mid-flight. The pheasant and its counterparts gave an alarming squawk and an array of noises followed as the wolf descended on top of the small creature. Her teeth sank into the bird’s flesh as it struggled to escape her crushing maw.

It was over in seconds- the bird bloodied and limp underneath her large paws. During the panic, Moraxia had focused herself on the pheasant and neglected the wolf in the bushes across from her. Turning with a grin to look back at where the flock had once been, she hoped to spy the woman successful in her hunting efforts.

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2015, 09:35 AM by Moraxia.)