351 Users Online
Nadine, Bing, Adelard, Google, Apollo, Matos

together we've climbed — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 31 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

And know that happiness is just a thought away

The glistening water of the lagoon had the young child mesmerized as she stared at her own reflection, slate grey eyes pondering what went on beneath the surface as waves gently lapped at her paws, running up to her lower ankle. She held her breath momentarily as she grinned, keeping the tranquility of the scene to heart as she leaned down, poking the water with the tip of her nose though she remained cautious as to not get water up her nose. There was a small giggle to her as the water splashed, sending water dripping into the lake that cause ripples of their own. She dared to venture further into the water, not for sustenance or sport, but for pure amusement. Katariina savored these moments to herself; separating herself from the strange creatures she called her kind.

Alas, all things must come to an end as she stared up at the sun descending from its crown in the sky, creating a color show of purples and golds on the water that caught her amazement. Nature was serene and it was perfect, just the way she liked it. It allowed Kat to drop who she was or who she had been at one point and focus on the things that made her happy. There was a skewed chortle on her maw as he started to move out of the water, careful on where she placed her damp paws as she settled on her remnant to watch the rest of the sunset.

The Finnish juvenile wondered if any other wolf stopped to take in the glory that was the sunset whenever they witnessed its setting. It was amazing, to know that the sun took the effort to rise every day to a throne only to descend in the same pattern over and over with no conflict to cause a disarray in the everyday lives of every creature that existed. It was beautiful, the self-sacrifice that the rise and setting of the sun could symbolize and how so many seemed to take it for granted. Katariina was proud to admit that she loved every moment of it.

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2015, 05:00 AM by Katariina.)
[Image: the_hashtag_collection__katariina_by_nig...976uss.png][Image: LMrosette01.png]
Played by Becca who has 43 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris

Aesire was dead and Aponi was lead female. Silent Moon wouldn't be the pale woman's home for too much longer. Things had and were changing; and they certainly weren't changing in favor of the pale viper woman. So it certainly come as no surprise that she had left for at least some sort of 'small trip' on this day. Her paws going down the mountain westward. She had traveled through two different clearings before she found herself coming closer to a water source. The trees growing a bit more dense before the lagoon could be reached by her.

While she had made it to the lagoon it was apparent she wasn't alone. A russet colored woman stood down the shoreline from the Lieris. She would have growled but the rather lack of concern with anything left her simply grumbling under her breath and lingering down shore. Watching the woman from afar she seemed like less of a threat than more of one. With the sun setting it was unlikely for either wolf to start something. Or at least Vitani hoped. She didn't want to have to try and go home injured. Even if it wasn't her true job the pale woman had a child to look over carefully. Wren. The poor boy was blocking himself off. Although she couldn't blame him truly. A mother's death at such a young age had to be awfully. Maybe if the pale woman could get close to the child and make sure nothing ill happened to him.

Deciding something to clear her mind might not mind Vitani slowly closed in the distance with a low rumble. Her tail lightly flicking behind her with a certain ease. "Evening."

Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela
@Vitani - You can hover over Finnish words for their English translations.

The considerations running through her mind had kept her occupied as the sun slowly dipped beneath the surface of the lake and the island in the center she was privy to take a trip to at some point in her life. Her tail softly thumped against the shoreline as her eyes held the evident amazement of the sun, like a pup seeing something new for the first time. She herself had always taken it for granted while caught up in the hectic patterns of pack life, something she had been out of for nearly a third of her life. The peaceful wolf scarcely noticed anything her eyes were not trained on, not bothering to scout out the area until there was a soft greeting. Katariina turned to see a wolf of ivory colors and the iciest of blue eyes approach her.

A water spirit! She had thought them to be only of myth and legends, so seeing one that compared so fondly to what her parents had told her as a child. Pure white with those icy eyes there was no mistake! There was a moment of panic, of hesitance, before she decided to ‘play it cool’. If the spirit had a message for her, then she would simply hold the conversation. “Good evening, muukalainen.” The smooth finish rolled off her tongue like instinct, not even aware she had switched to the language that would be considered strange in the parts of the world she lived in. There was a certain dazzle in her eyes as mirth danced in her expressions, forming a smile on her maw.

She had risen to her paws at that point, supporting herself with the long running limbs that had made her good at her job. Her russet tail settled for a slow wag as she made herself appear harmless, because the peace loving creature was not one for violence. In fact, she detested it. She knew that at a moments notice she could and would flee the scene if it meant avoiding bloodshed.

[Image: the_hashtag_collection__katariina_by_nig...976uss.png][Image: LMrosette01.png]
Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris

"Good evening, muukalainen."

What had that woman just called her? In her natural instincts Vitani's tail slowly rose up to be straight behind her. Licking her lips the pale woman's voice drew out like hiss. "What did you call me?" Icy eyes narrowing slightly she eyed the woman down. Younger and taller but the pale Lieris didn't care. Nothing had truly scared her at this point, why would anything scare her now?

Huffing heavily Vitani shifted her weight. "Listen, I'm not looking for a fight at the moment. I got a long journey back home. Let's just try and work with each other, okay?" While she would have fought the thought of Wren kept her wanting to watch out for her own safety. She had to watch out for him and take care of him the best she could; and that couldn't happen if she was cooped up with injuries from her running mouth.

"What's your name? You can call me Tani." Simple enough, cover the basics first. The pale viper woman was praying to anything out there that this woman wouldn't call her any other weird names now that she had something else to call her by. Vitani didn't want to hear that weird "mookalen" name again. Whatever it meant had to be awful. Anything that sounded that strange and awful had to be just that. Strange and awful. On the other hand if the woman did call her something strange it would give the pale woman the chance to release the pent up stress in her body. Just the thought of that drew a thin smile across Vitani's lips. Oh what a wonderful woman she was.

Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

There was a snap from the other wolf, the only indication to the woman that she had switched to a different language. Sometimes, her mind still told her the common tongue of the land when she was actively speaking another language, which was a bad habit she seemed to have. “I apologize and meant nothing disrespectful or rude, I promise ya. Muukalainen means stranger in ma mother tongue. Sometimes I speak it without realizing I switched languages until afta I speak.” She quickly explained with a frown on her face as she did her best to avoid a fight. She could have been defined as a hippie, but she wasn’t. She didn’t hold all of the moral codes and values that someone described as one held. A gypsy? – Maybe a gypsy, but not a hippie.

The woman huffed, claiming she wasn’t looking for a fight which let the yearling relax her muscles, not worrying about needing to flee the scene in a hurry. There was a sense of confusion in the girl when the woman did finish her sentence. Katariina had never said she wouldn’t work with the woman, more of the woman acted aggressively and it made Kat debate fleeing the scene before there was a knock down drag out brawl. She introduced herself as Tani, and Kat smiled to herself. “Most wolves call me Kat.” She grinned, her tail wagging slightly. “It’s nice ta meet ya, Tani.” She added, her golden brown fur shaking a little bit, her damp paws still drying from the water.

It had certainly developed past a simple examination of the sunset, which was dipping into the earth, making it dark enough to start seeing the stars. It wasn’t difficult for Kat to place the goofish grin on her expression because she was a lover in an essence, not a fighter. She didn’t question the other woman for her seemingly swingish moods about aggression and peace, that would be rude!

Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have acted so brash and sudden against you." With a hard huff the woman fought down the raging fire inside of her. It was a hard task but if she could keep it tamed for just a little longer things might come out to be so much easier. Having things easy for once just might prove helpful.

With a curt nod the pale Lieris stored away the name. Kat. What a cute name for a cute female, thought the woman. She, Vitani, held a rather bold name that fitted her bolder personality. "What a true pleasure it is to meet you, Kat. Hopefully we are friends in the making." Lies, lies, lies. All the pale woman could do was play nice like always until given reason to snap. It got old sometimes but she truly hoped that one day she could have free reign over anything she wanted to do. Part of her mind shook her that this  was a sign she was getting soft. The woman knew what she would have to do when she got home. A scuffle or two was in need for reassurance of her skills; and then perhaps she would go cause some ruckus.

As the sky darkened and the first stars made way to sight Vitani knew she would be better being stuck here for the night. "So Kat, what brings a young woman like yourself to these parts? Adventure or business?" A small smirk took place on the viper's inky lips. Perhaps this woman would be of use to her. Young wolves often seemed to most gullible.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

Katariina began to settle down further, trusting that she would not have to let her flight response kick in just yet as her head tilted to the side in a slight manner whilst her slate eyes kept themselves towards the woman, though she avoided eye contact. Kat was the loner in the pair, and Tani was the pack wolf, therefore Kat would never dare to be disrespectful. Even then, Kat probably would have submitted if she had failed to flee from a fight because Kat was very much a lover and not too much of a fighter. She let a small grin slide across her maw when Tani spoke of them being friends and she nodded with a certain enthusiasm. “I hope so too, Tani.” She would agree with her thick Finnish accent distorting her words slightly, though they would be easy to pick out.

Then she herself was asked a question, and Kat had to think about it for a second before she answered. What was she doing wandering about? Pleasure? Business? “I supposed it’s a bit of both. I’m looking for a home, though my paws carry me where they feel like carrying me.” She would begin to explain, fighting back the urge to think of what had led her to the lagoon. After all, that would recall memories of her parent’s deaths and the pain she felt realizing they were gone from her life forever. She held her breath for a few seconds as she let her nerves calm and she made the memories recede before letting herself exhale, keeping an eye on her friend. “What about you? Business or pleasure?”

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2015, 03:07 AM by Katariina.)
Inactive I. Leader
Vitani Lieris
The Lieris woman had to admit it, the foreign woman before her was rather adorable. Thick accent from some place likely far away laced her words. It added more character than needed but Vitani liked it. She wouldn't say such a thing though. Affection or appreciation would never be shown to strangers from the pale viper. "I'm sure we will be." A deep breath to gather herself and to have the viper coil back up inside of its pit.

She chuckled softly. "I was the same way, Kat. Travel being my only friend for a long long time. Loneliness also a close companion to me." She nodded to herself softly with thoughts reconnecting. "Until a found a woman whom I was glad to call a friend. Her children practically becoming my nephew and niece. It's a home I love to death now." A heavy sigh slipping past her lips with ease. "I'd fight tooth and claw for those wolves in my mountain, Kat." Not even noticing she was rambling the pale woman continued to speak. "You have to find a place like that. A place that makes your heart burn with passion and your mind always remember it." Looking to the young woman with softer icy eyes she cooed out softly. "Do that for yourself."

Pulling her lips back into a tight smile she chuckled. "I apologize, I didn't mean to ramble like that." Shifting the weight in her body from paw to paw. "Please feel free to stop me the next time I do."
Inactive V. Yearling
Katariina Aliisa Tuomela

Things felt at ease as Katariina found herself slowly relaxing around the woman, while physically relaxed her mind still had barriers in place, things she didn’t talk about. This Tani wolf, she spoke of her home and how it made her feel. She spoke of her life and how grand it was, a niece and a nephew that she would defend with tooth and claw, which made Katariina return with a knowing smile and a nod. “I had that, back in my pack… but my parents died in a siege, and afterwards I lost that feeling, the thing worth fighting for, so my sister let me go, told me to find my new home since it was rather clear I didn’t fit there anymore.” She explained softly, her words carefully placed as she kept steady eyes on the form, images from the bloodshed she had seen cropping up as she quickly pushed them away.

She could not, would not, allow that kind of negativity in her life. This was an enlightening conversation as the woman apologized for her rambling, the Finnish girl simply shaking her head. “I don’t mind at all, nothing you said was out of place in our conversations and I find I ramble quite a bit myself and besides, I'm a diplomat and a scout, listening and talking is what I do.” She let out with a soft grin returning, a sense of relief that she might not be the only one with this babbling disease, though she hadn’t considered the other woman’s words babbling.