heaven and hell were words to me — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
@Namid
Near dusk, partly cloud, 58F

Reality had been suspended.

What sort of life was he leading, the wolf would wonder if he gave himself the moment to, that he actively sought out the company of a man already committed to a wife and child.  An alpha, no less, holding his father's legacy upon his shoulders, the youngest son bringing the family forward into the new age.  What was he thinking, that he would bring shame and disgrace to such a beautiful thing, that he would be the dark spot on such a beautiful soul?

It was his fault, of course.  Perhaps Veho would have the occasional argy-bargy with his conscious, but there was no real way to justify this.  @Rook was such a perfect soul, loving and warm, he would never break the heart of another – it was the medic's job to prevent harm, was it not?  Instead he dove in paws first, leaping despite the fact that he'd spied danger upon looking.

With this dragging his heart down into the dirt, the wolf threw himself into his work.  When not with the leader, he was tending to his growing stockpile of plants, or spending time with Borden.  The wolf did not want for company as much as he needed it – besides, it was easier to care for the Lyall patriarch if he was able to monitor his symptoms and their severity more regularly.  For this, he struck out today, seeking the chaga mushrooms Rook had mentioned Titan speaking of in the past.  It lead him all the way to the Wildwood, seeking out the perfect conditions to grow the elusive fungus.  It was nearly evening when Veho finally found what he sought, and with single-minded focus began to harvest the caps, laying them out gingerly on a large leaf while searching for more.  If anyone had half a mind to sneak up on him, he'd never even notice another wolf's presence, nose-deep in his prize as he rooted through the undergrowth.

(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2015, 09:09 PM by Veho. Edit Reason: forgot the tag rofl )
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
I HAVE LOVED THE STARS TOO FONDLY
TO BE FEARFUL OF THE NIGHT

Everything that had happened with Rook had left her feeling tired and battered, worn emotionally and physically. Her chest ached with the knowledge she now held, though she knew it was wrong of her to feel that way. Somewhere in her mind, Namid knew she would still always carry an affection for the boy who had stolen her heart. But, that affection wasn’t hers to place. No, it was a woman whom she’d never met, a child whom she hadn’t known to exist, and her very own brother. That information had perhaps thrown her through the biggest loop. Her brother was alive and in the Lore, and had perhaps been not even a mile from her presence. After parting with Rook she had wandered alone for a few hours though it was well into the night and she was in foreign territory. She had needed to move, needed to process everything that had happened in what was such a small time frame. Her world had turned upside down, and she needed to set it straight again. Nothing would make her world clearer and balanced than home.

Upon returning to a rather bewildered looking Desideria, she’d coaxed a rather abrupt leave back to Fallen Tree Cove. She’d, originally, had plans to make her way up north to a pack she’d come by in her earlier travels but that would have to wait. Instead, she would make a bee-line back to her children and husband eager to place her mind at rest. It had taken them roughly a day to reach the Wildwood, where the mountain loomed just overhead. They’d only been gone from the land for 4 days, but she could practically hear the lake calling her name. They would rest for the night within the confines of the luminous Wildwood, beneath the massive trees. Finding shelter, Namid had set out to catch them some dinner in hopes of making up to her friend for leaving her alone for an entire day. Of course, she knew that Desideria likely had had a field day, with her exploratory nature. Her nose was to the ground, attempting to track down a hare she’d scented when another scent hit her. It smelled strongly of male and herbs, and her head lifted curiously. She gave a side glance at the direction that the hare was going, but her own curious nature was quickly getting the best of her. With a huff she started toward the male, following his own perfume. Perhaps she would be able to recruit a member while out on the trip?

When she was upon the scent, she peered carefully around the skeletal tree. It was clear that a portion of the forest had been caught in a fire. She was simply glad that she hadn’t been around when it had happened. Her mismatched gaze latched onto the back of the male, and she tilted her head, curious as to what he was doing rummaging through the dirt like some wild boar for truffles. Of course, the scent of herbs that wafted from his pelt told her there was likely some goodie buried beneath there that he could use in his arts. Her knowledge on the subject, however regretfully, was limited and she had no clue what he could be looking for. Stepping around the trees she paused, allowing a friendly smile and a gentle lift of her chin to be displayed. “Could I be of any assistance?” she inquired.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

So deep in his thoughts was the medic that @Namid could have walked up – wouldn’t have even needed to slink – and bitten him right on the rump, and the male wouldn’t have noticed another presence until her teeth brushed against his hide.  As it were, she needn’t have peered or puttered, for until she spoke up at all, the healer had no idea she’d even existed.  Only at the sound of her voice did he jump, feet splaying sideways by inches as his tail shot up, hackles spiking instinctively as a sharp spike of adrenaline sent his heart pounding.  The male spun, that he might defend himself if he must, and an apology died on his lips.  Manners dictated he should introduce himself, but moonlit eyes only grew wide, entire body frozen for a moment in time as a ghost stood in front of him.

Those eyes.

He knew those eyes.  When he’d heard there was a ‘Namid’ living amongst the forests of Relic Lore, he’d tried not to get his hopes up – none of the wolves he’d run into seemed to know her last name.  They either knew her in passing, or through association, and an accurate description could not be given, but how many wolves were there the world that had that trademark mismatched gaze.  Who else had such a presence, such a characteristic window to the soul?

@Rook said his mind, and Veho tried vehemently to ignore such a thing as he cleared his throat, unable to stifle the growing wag in his tail as he took a tentative step forward.  “Namid,” he whispered softly, afraid that if he spoke too loudly, the moment might disintegrate.  His chest swelled and he spoke on.  “Namid, is it really you?  I had heard rumors, but—”

But I thought I’d lost you for good.

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2015, 11:37 PM by Veho. Edit Reason: open table )
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

It seemed that she had startled the man, for as soon as her gentle voice had called out to him he’d jumped as if spooked by a ghost. He rounded, hackles up and tail curled upon his back. A flash of ivory could be seen in the dying light, and the pale queen could only automatically tuck her chin to protect her throat, blackened lips pulling back to show her own set of canines. She had simply offered assistance and she was in no place to be getting into a fight, but if it meant protecting herself she would do it in a heartbeat. As her muscles tensed, the man seemed to think better of his actions. Posture lessened, and then their eyes met. Both froze for a moment, bodies going practically limp in shock at what they saw. Veho.. her mind whispered, and her lips almost went to move to form the words but her vocals couldn’t quite manage. Her brother…her family…the very thing she had been searching for.

She’d found it.

Something in her chest constricted though, and for a moment she couldn’t breathe. It wasn’t from shock, no, but rather from an ache. Images of Rook and Veho danced across the planes of her mind, their pelts brushing, Rook laughing at something Veho said, Rook taking him to their spot. She pushed it down, stomped on it like an angry elephant until she was once again left hollow. It wasn’t a healthy thing to do, that much she knew, but it was the only defense mechanism she had at that moment. She wouldn’t break down, couldn’t break down. Not then, not when she’d finally found him.

Slowly, her brother’s tail began to wag and she allowed a quiet smile to dust her maw. “Namid,” he all but whispered, and she nodded silently still at a loss for words. “Namid, is it really you?  I had heard rumors, but—” he said, trailing off. A thousand words were said in that ending. But I thought you were dead, But I thought I’d never see you again, But… And she smiled a little wider. ”Hello…Veho.” she said, voice airy like the breeze, the possibility of it being swept away in the wind like she’d never said anything at all strong. ”I…It is good to see you. I had heard things as well but after what happened…I had doubts,” she said, mismatched gaze boring into the twin stars that were his.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

His eyes stung painfully as he stared back at one long lost sibling, heart in his throat as he tried to swallow down his joy.  Once before he’d chased @Namid away – he’d not dare overwhelm the woman and send her fleeing again.  Still, his tail waved high above him and moonlit eyes twinkled with more than wetness as he took a hesitant step forward.  Things had changed so much since they’d last seen another.  Wherever did he stand with the woman?

“I cannot believe it.  This feels like a dream,” Veho admitted sheepishly, ears pressed forward eagerly.  He crept another step forward, dropping his shoulders by fractions as he sought to reach out, tongue flicking across his sister’s lower jaw in an act both affectionate and submissive.  “I thought you were gone for good, once you’d left.  Even wandering here, I’d thought I’d not find you.  But then a friend had mentioned the name Namid, and I dared hope.  And here you are.”

Bless the Ancestors, he thought to himself.  The medic would have to make a benevolent offering some point in the future – it was more than luck that had brought the two Macieos together again.  Blessed with such a gift, it was only right that the medicine man pass it forward, that he might brighten someone else’s world as his own had been infused with joy.  But all this could wait.  Namid was her, and they had so very much to catch up on.

“Are you well, sister?  How have you been?  The woods are treating you kindly, I hope.”

(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2015, 05:32 PM by Veho.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

The air between them seemed so brittle, the line they were walking almost tight-rope thin. Namid had never been horribly close to her brother, or any of her family other than her sister and her father for that matter. The differences in the beliefs between the pair had created a rift so to speak, for Veho had leaned more toward their mother’s religious perspectives while Namid had gone after their father’s wanderlust ways. It didn’t go to say that she didn’t have somewhat of an appreciation for her heritage, for it had taught her much growing up and she truly had loved her life on the reservation. But, it had been obvious from the start that she had not been meant for a life of worship of anything other than the knowledge she yearned for. He was the first to take a small step forward, and she allowed her smile to grow slightly bigger in encouragement. Her legs had seemed to turn to stone beneath her, her chest weighted with a rock and she swallowed. Breathed. In, out, in, out.

“I cannot believe it.  This feels like a dream,” he said, creeping forward and hesitantly applying a submissive lick to her lower jaw. She blinked at this, attempting to relax her posture as best she could. She’d grown far too used to carrying herself with authority, and she wondered if it had leaked into her natural state. It was a wonder her recognized her at all, Namid felt like she didn’t even recognize herself at times anymore. A bit of nostalgia crept into her mind, relaxing the knot in her chest and she sighed, dropping her head to weave it forward and brush against her brother’s cheek affectionately. He was still family, her family, and she had missed him so.

It seemed that they had both heard of each other’s existence in the land prior to their meeting, but neither had been willing to open their minds that far to face the prospect of it being an actuality. It was better to keep one’s hopes low in a situation such as theirs, when you didn’t really know if the ones you had come from were dead or alive. But now she knew, and how she wanted to know more. “Are you well, sister?  How have you been?  The woods are treating you kindly, I hope.” he said next, and she chuckled. “I have been well, thank you. I hope the same has gone for you,” she said, her gaze shining as her tail began to wag behind her pale frame. She allowed her muzzle to stretch out once again, bumping it against his ear playfully. The Queen allowed her gaze to travel from him to the area surrounding them. Rook hadn’t mentioned anyone from her family other than Veho joining him but…she still felt the need to ask. “Do you…do you know how the others are doing? Where they are? Mother, father, and Ooljee, that is,” she said, her voice dropping again. It dripped hope like an IV, the needle stuck in her veins and making her mind soar farther than it should have. Perhaps…perhaps they were all there?

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Yes. I would be ungrateful if I complained about the life I have been living,” Veho answered easily – even before he had joined Rook and Grizzly Hollow, he had been quite satisfied as a traveling healer. There was always someone new to meet and something undiscovered to learn, adding to his rolodex of medical knowledge. It was a good life. While a life alone always held its challenges, it was a life the man had chosen, and he would feel quite remiss to lament when others had truly suffered in their years on this mortal plane.

Once Namid’s tail began to wag, her brother’s followed suit in spade – the joy he was trying to bridle came spilling out in shining eyes and a wriggling body, excited as a young puppy who had no idea how to properly behave. But how could he try to contain himself? It had been seasons upon seasons since he’d seen his only sister, and it was obvious that @Namid had blossomed since he’d last seen the scrappy yearling determined to make it on her own. Such an amazing transformation could only inspire pride and jubilation inside his chest, burning with warmth and familial love.

Ah, but of course she would want to know how the others were. “Ooljee had grown well. I had stayed with Mother and Father – they had wished for another litter, though it did not take this time time,” he hummed, bobbing his head. “I departed sometime after that – they were all in good health last I saw them. I do not know what their plans were, going forward. I only wanted to heal, and could not do so in that situation. Perhaps the others decided to attempt another pack.”

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

“Yes. I would be ungrateful if I complained about the life I have been living,” he said. Something in the back of her mind muttered that it was the life she had once thought she was meant to be living, but as soon as it had come it had disappeared leaving her to wonder if she had even thought it at all. Her show of affection had brought to life some joy within her brother, who began to wriggle and vibrate like a pup. She grinned, a laugh echoing from her jaws at his actions. It reminded her of her children when they grew excited, and she realized that she had much to tell him as well. How he would take the news of her being in the place that she was, or even having children for that matter she had no clue. She could only hope that it went well, and if she knew anything of her brother she thought he might.

Her attention was caught as he began to speak, giving her the information that had kept her up at night for quite some times. It was a bit disappointing to know that they were not with him, but it couldn’t be helped. After something as catastrophic as what happened to them, it was difficult for anyone to stay connected. Still, it partially bothered her that he had simply left them. If it had been Namid’s choice, she would have stayed. But, fate did not have that in plan for her as so she would not question it. She was perhaps shocked further when he said that their mother and father had thought of having another litter, though it didn’t surprise her that it didn’t take as well. By now they would both be getting on in years, perhaps 6 or 7 for either of them and while their genetics had been strong there was still the physical toll. Perhaps stress from the event had taken its toll as well, and while it saddened her it also made her glad for some unknown reason. “I do not think it would have been wise for them to give us siblings in our current situation anyhow, though it would have been interesting to meet them.” she said with a smile.

Then, it was her turn to give some news. She debated about how she should go about it, but decided that being straight forward would be the best way to go. “Speaking of additions to the family…you know it has been a long while since we were driven away. A lot has changed since then, we have both changed. And…I am now a mother myself. Two sons and a daughter, Aleister, Cernan, and…Neha.” she said, her voice becoming a gentle whisper upon coming to her daughter’s name. She loved it, loved that she could honor their sibling in such a way but it was the biggest announcement between them. The death of their sibling at such a young age had impacted them drastically, and if they had still been together she would have debated the naming with her family before making the decision. But, that had not been the case and she had seen it fit for the situation having already wanted to do it some time before.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Mhm, perhaps. Perhaps not. It was not for me to say, as a yearling – I wanted only to be a dutiful son. That is what our parents wanted, and I only wished to help.” A wistful sigh escaped the healer, reflecting back to the time they were a traveling band. Oh, he did love his family, but it was the guilt of losing @Namid that had driven him to stay. After a litter of cubs did not come, he was released from the duty of sibship – his parents did not need him to care for them as perfectly capable adults. The same culpability that had compelled him to assist in the raising of a second litter had morphed, pushing him them into the world to do the best that he could muster, always at the mercy of the Ancestors.

To say Neha and Namid did not influence his choices would be a lie, but there was no sense in divulging an unkind truth.

As it were, he hardly had the chance to consider it. Still reflecting on his siblings, his sister made an announcement then that shook the larger male. For a moment, all Veho could do was stare blankly, trying to process the notion that his sister, his darling sister, the baby of the family, was now a mother herself. She was of age, of course – it wouldn’t have even been her first season of breeding age – but that he’d missed this stunned the man all the same. “Congratulations!” he finally managed to muster, shaking some of the shock from his expression. His tail began to wag again, head bobbing as he began to process. Two sons, and a daughter. Neha.

His smile began to grow, expression becoming a bit bashful. “I seem to have missed a great deal in your life, my dear. I would be honored to meet your children someday. I might assume, then, that you have taken after our parents, and lead a pack yourself?”