(See All?) Announcements
482 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

LP Updates, OTMs, & Other News
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Yeah that's understandable. Thanks!
(Oct 03, 2015, 07:09 PM)Noble Wrote:  Actually, I have a question too. (Sorry! I feel like we're just poking holes in this, I do really like the changes!)

Do these updated rules apply towards threads that were archived just before they went into effect? I have a specific example: I archived the BTP pack meeting thread just a few days ago and haven't had a chance to go in and claim Bracken's points for it. At the time I archived the minimum was not spelled out, so Bracken only has two posts in it.

Now I totally don't mind having it revived and allowing Bracken (and any BTP wolves who are in the same boat) to add another post, but I was wondering if an exception would be made in this case?

Tell you what, I'll give you guys until Wednesday to claim your LP for it. After that, you'll either need to open the thread up or you'll just have to pass on the LP.

This rule and the one that Cadence was asking about, aren't actually "new" rules, we're just more concretely spelling out the expectations for what constitutes actively participating in a thread by giving definable minimums instead of letting individual staffers try and figure out if character X participated as much as character Y.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
(Oct 03, 2015, 07:16 PM)Serach Wrote:  Tell you what, I'll give you guys until Wednesday to claim your LP for it. After that, you'll either need to open the thread up or you'll just have to pass on the LP.

This rule and the one that Cadence was asking about, aren't actually "new" rules, we're just more concretely spelling out the expectations for what constitutes actively participating in a thread by giving definable minimums instead of letting individual staffers try and figure out if character X participated as much as character Y.

Which is extremely appreciated, I've actually been meaning to ask for this to be done, so thank you!
Thank you, Shadow!

Bracken's are already claimed for and I'll make a note in our common rooms so that all the BTP are aware of this.
[Image: ROWtwloha2015-btd.png]
I have a question about the Character Chapters (I swear I didn't think of this until just now, I'm so sorry.)

I'm not entirely clear on the sort of thing that should be posted there. I understand it's stuff they... do between threads? Past and present stuff only? Does that mean we focus on their mindset/activities "offscreen," or is it a summary of their threads, or...?
[Image: jWoC23.png]
[Image: ROWtwloha2015-rsc.png]
(Oct 03, 2015, 08:50 PM)Calanthe Wrote:  I have a question about the Character Chapters (I swear I didn't think of this until just now, I'm so sorry.)

I'm not entirely clear on the sort of thing that should be posted there. I understand it's stuff they... do between threads? Past and present stuff only? Does that mean we focus on their mindset/activities "offscreen," or is it a summary of their threads, or...?

It can really be both. It's a way to help you and others keep track of what your character has been up to. So, for example, in Serach's thread, I would make note that since the recent OTB meeting, he has been sulking around the pack's territory trying to gather up the courage to talk to Spieden or Drestig about leaving. I could also mention that he successfully managed to kill a rabbit and chased off a coyote from the pack's borders.

I could also use it to keep track of what he did after a thread. So, for example, a few months ago Serach visited HR and found out that his sister lives there. In his thread, I could summarize that thread and then say that after he returned to OTB, he told Triell what he had discovered. That didn't actually happen in a thread, but it makes logical sense for him to share that information with others. I've also included that in OTB's pack gossip/talk thread, so others are aware of it.

Does that make more sense?
Yes, I think that helps clear it up. I just wasn't 100% clear on whether it was for offscreen stuff or onscreen stuff or for both. :D
[Image: jWoC23.png]
[Image: ROWtwloha2015-rsc.png]
Loving the LP updates, but I'm a little confused about something. We only need 3+ posts from each character in a thread to get LP, so that makes 6 posts if we stick to the minumum, but yet a completed thread is still 10 posts?
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

(Oct 06, 2015, 12:00 AM)Inali Wrote:  Loving the LP updates, but I'm a little confused about something. We only need 3+ posts from each character in a thread to get LP, so that makes 6 posts if we stick to the minumum, but yet a completed thread is still 10 posts?

Yep. The 3+ rule is really there for threads that have more than 2 participants in them, such as larger group meetings or 3 person threads where a third person joins in after the first two have already played a couple of rounds. Rather than try and decide if you've "participated in the majority of rounds", it's just easier from a staffing perspective to say you need to have 3+ posts, with a combined total of 10 posts per thread to claim LP.
Ohh, okay. Gotcha. Thanks :)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]