(See All?) Announcements
880 Users Online
Bing, Google

[CONTEST] Tit for Tat, This or That
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·

Tit for Tat, This for That

All around Relic Lore, treasures and trinkets are bound to be found. Whether it is pretty to look at, practical, or simply fun to play with, your wolf will want to hang onto their trinket because this game is something you might not want to miss!

Pretty soon the Spirit of Wildwood will be dropping items in special threads for characters to find. To obtain an item your character must successfully "claim" the item in character and then exit the thread once it is complete. Each item discovered or given in-game must be accounted for as it will be assigned a mystery value (by Staff Members); and, it is your mission to find and trade with another character in hopes of that item having a higher value! Trade as many times as you'd like, but once you think you've found something good, be prepared to defend it by any means possible! Items you obtain will be visible on your character's profile.

There will be several "batches" of items dropped, and about 25 items total that will be available for finding. Be on the look out for threads!

For Example:
- Deer antler (worth 20 pts.)
- Black raven feather (worth 2 pts.)
- Smooth blue-toned pebble (worth 15 pts.)
- Rabbit foot (worth 25 pts.)

A couple of rules though:
1) Your wolf may only have ONE declared "game" item at a time.
2) Your wolf may NOT discard (specifically "drop" or abandon it or pick up another item) a declared "game" item; it must be traded with another wolf or taken from you.
3) "Game" items may be subject spoilage, decay or rot, so choose your wolf's item wisely!
4) When you obtain an item, post in Maintenance so that the item can be listed on your profile.

The wolf with the most valuable item will be rewarded something special at the end of the event and the value of each item will be revealed among other stats...

Please list any questions you may have here.

Answered Questions

1. What if no one responds, can my wolf claim the item still? Yes, if no one responds in 2 weeks feel free to make another post with your wolf exiting.
2. Do other predators have to be involved? No, it's completely up to you and the other thread participants.
3. Can these threads be private? No. We'd like to encourage a "free for all get the item" atmosphere. Live a little :p

Round 1 Items

Deer Antler - Windsong Fjord, claimed by kjors
Rabbit Foot - Pedestal Rock, Secluded Spring
Cat's Eye Gem - The Wildwood, Claimed by Merys
Worn Chewing Stick - Whisper Marsh, claimed by Sven, given to Attica
Sapphire Gem - Red Fern Forest
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]

Round 2 Release

Smooth Blue-toned Pebble - Riddle Heights, Claimed by Darrah
Black Raven Feather - Kettle Pot Pond, Larkcall Lowlands
Beaver Tooth - Chinook Coulee, Spectral Woods
Fish Scale - Iridescent Lagoon, Claimed by Amaryllis
Dead Stoat - Wildflower Glade, Thicket of Secrets, claimed by Rayne
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]

Round 3 Release

Bobcat Tooth - Midnight Plateau, Mountain of Dire, Claimed by Kyna
Porcupine Quill - Cedarwood Forest
Pheasant Feather - Turtleback Lake, Claimed by Zeta
Elk Hoof - Pitch Pine Trail, Dragonfly Fen, Claimed by Eek
Reindeer Hide - Sacred Grove, Claimed by Jynx

Round 4 Release

Raccoon Tail - Secret Falls, claimed by Ember
Bear Claw - Poison Path, Lost Lake
Tourmaline Gemp - Drooping Willows
Lump of Coal - Stonewatch Timbers, Claimed by Sylva
Amber Stone - Umbra Copse, Claimed by Eirian

Round 5 Release

Big Sheep Horn - Fireweed Rise
Gold-Veined Pebble - Luna Hill, Blackberry Fields
Turtle Shell - Bramble Falls, Claimed by Neha
Mallard Feather - Dragonveil Fold, Mountain of Dire
Bird Skull - Wild Cherry Orchard

Update:

All the items have been released! Your character has until August 15th (At the time that activity check runs) to finalize their item. This can include giving the item away (if you're really that generous!) or going and finding someone with an item your character might like better and bargaining for a trade.

The winner (the one with the most valuable item) will receive a little "chibi" drawing of their character with their item. Other participants will receive a ribbon.

Some more FAQ:
1. Can my character just discard the item? Not without a thread.
2. Can my character give the item to another character? Yes, but this must occur In Character.
3. Can I steal an item from someone if I don't have one? Yes, but there must be a thread.
4. Can I steal an item from someone if I have an item already? Yes, but you must drop the item in that thread where you steal it.