(See All?) Announcements
390 Users Online
Juniper, Bing, Atara, Oleander, Apollo, Google

Wild Rye Fields Pack Thread — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Aleksei was right, it wasn’t right for anyone to have to wonder what their parents would have thought, like he himself in a way, now that he had come so far from the little prince who lost his family all those years ago. He certainly didn’t want his children to speculate, to not be sure of his eternal pride and love; Any of them… Hopefully he would get a chance to rectify that. There was no going hunting them down to tell them, he had no way of knowing where they’d gone and he couldn’t leave the pack. But surely they’d be back to visit? They hadn’t left on such terrible terms, certainly they would stop by, once they’d settled down somewhere, to let them know; I hope so..!

Meanwhile, he seemed to have at least given the boy a bit of ease, the warm trickle of laughter bringing a bright smile to Drestig’s own face. He blinked his eyes as the only answer, happy for the thanks, but mostly glad to hear he’d moved the lad. Of course he couldn’t know what Maksim would have thought, but it was impossible for him to imagine that any father would disapprove; He’s a good man… His answer only proved as much, honest and thoughtful. Silvered brows knitted together slightly, mouth set in a contemplative pucker as the alpha listened, nodding along. It was very fair indeed, though Aleksei had chosen to leave Hearthwood for his own sake, he had no intention to abandon his family, despite the weight of the responsibility.

His request made Drestig’s face clear up, soft smile returning as he nodded again; “Of course,” He replied easily, tail giving a slow wag behind him; “Give my best to Lachesis and Lilya. Oh, and would you tell them that we’ll be hunting right after the next full moon? If they’re still interested.” The heavens knew they could use the support now. He also needed to find someone else to lead, now that Askan was gone; But that’s for another time… Pushing the thought away he bowed his head towards the younger wolf, giving him a last smile; “Thank you Aleksei.”

word count: 361

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D

pride12
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
The younger male smiled. Drestig had given him the okay to visit Hearthwood River. Aleksei, knowing the journey would be tiring, began making his plans; he’d stock up on a hearty meal before leaving the fields behind for Kingsfall. “I’ll be sure to pass on the information.” A large hunt might help—winter was coming, after all, and packs would want to start stocking up in preparation of scarcer prey.

As it stood, Wild Rye Fields didn’t exactly have the numbers advantage.

Rising up from his seated position, Aleksei nodded. “No, thank you, Drestig. I’ll set out for Hearthwood River in a couple of days.” With his piece said, the agouti male stretched out in a long bow with a yawn. Shaking his pelt, he offered the old leader one last smile before trotting off to find something to eat.
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He didn't mind the nip in the air this morning. Sure it had made it hard to peel himself away from @Adelayde's side this morning but it had motivated him to get moving once he escaped the den. By the time he had done a short round he had worked up enough heat to not feel so chilled. His bulky form moved back to the communal den, wondering if his love had managed to start off her day. If she had then perhaps he could go find her and join her under the guise of two eyes are better and such. Not that Laike thought he really needed a guise. It was no big secret what was between them.

Perhaps he would find someone else willing to socialize though. It wasn't often the large Artemieva felt a little bit chatty.
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by PuppyThief who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He really hadn’t wanted to come home. While he missed the Fields and his family, and was worried about his father, the thought of returning without any new of his sister’s whereabouts had kept him away much longer than necessary. And then there was the news he did have. But he couldn’t stay away forever, or risk causing his parents even more anxiety and heartache than he had already caused.

So eventually, he made his way back to the Fields, slipping across the borders at early morning, unseen, debating whether to head straight for the den and get it over with now, or slink off to one of the smaller dens for a bit of rest first. But in the end it would only be postponing the inevitable; Better to get it over with..!

And with that jolly notion, he headed for the main den, expecting to find his mother there. But when he rounded the pond, slipping into the shade of the winter-green pines, it was someone else he found, lying on the hard-packed dirt outside the den. ”Oh, hi dad..!”

word count: 182

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

He’d moved back to the communal den just recently, now able to maneuver himself in and out without help. But he couldn’t get comfortable, crammed in there with the others, and often ended up sleeping outside instead. This also meant he often didn’t fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning, and was similarly late to get up. Not that it mattered much these days; Though he could get around fine enough by now, he still tired easily, and both @Neko and @Jessie were insisting he rest, leaving border duty to them. So he lay here, dreaming of the days when an injury like this would have been long healed by now, and have left no more than an unpleasant memory.

The disturbance was wholly unexpected, right as he was dozing off after everyone else had gotten up. Yet the voice cut clear through his snooze, head swiveling up and bright ember eyes squinting through the dimness; “Gale..?” His voice croaked hoarsely, the tickle provoking a soft cough. Shaking his head slightly, he struggled into a stand, ignoring the ache in his leg, coming from moving too fast. Dragging the damned thing on each step, but paying little heed, he closed the distance and embraced his son; “It’s good to have you back!” Pulling back, he looked into the wide, chartreuse eyes, voice slightly breathless as he asked: “What news?”

word count: 231

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He stood stiffly, still under the shade of the low pine branches, starring half fearfully at his father waking up. He’d wanted his mom, all-business, level-headed Jessie, not; Dad… But so was his lot, Drestig making his way over the short expanse with a clear limp that made a heavy knot form in the pit of Gale’s stomach. He leaned tentatively into the hug, careful not to rest too much of his weight on the other. He supposed it was a good sign, his dad no longer being confined to the medical den, yet he couldn’t help but wish, shamefully, that it had been just a day more; Then I wouldn’t have to…

But already, Drestig was passed the greeting formalities and asking questions, leaving Gale’s mouth dry, his ears folding back. What could he say? Shaking his head mournfully, he turned his gaze down, wetting his lips nervously. “Nothing I… There was no sign of her. I’m sorry.” His voice was defeated, head and tail both hanging miserably; “I went everywhere dad, I… I really tried.” Tears pricked behind his eyes and he blinked them away angrily, forcing himself to look up at Drestig, to face the disappointment he knew he would see there.

word count: 205

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

He should have noticed the stiffness in the boys stance, his reluctance to look him in the eye. Perhaps he did notice, but he just refused to believe it. Surely he would have come across someone who had seen his sister, somewhere she’d passed through. But no, Gale had returned alone, and, as he professed in strained tones, utterly unsuccessful. The truth hit Drestig like a dull ache, slowly spreading from the center of his chest and out through his body. He’d thought - He’d been sure that she would be found, that she had wandered off, more or less purposefully and gotten lost. Picked up by some well-meaning fool, like Percy had been, only a year earlier.

But Griffin had found nothing. The aging wolf grimaced, brows deeply furrowed in pain; She’s GONE! And in front of him stood her brother, mourning just as much, and utterly defeated. Swallowing hard, Drestig forced down the hurt, determined to deal with the pup in front of him first; Be a proper father..! His own heartache could wait, would have to wait, while he consoled his son; “I know you did! You were gone so long, I worried something might have happened. But I know it was to make sure you turned every stone.” He spoke softly, reaching out again towards the boy; “It isn’t your fault son, you did everything you possibly could!” And he never doubted the words. Griffin was much too young to have been tasked with this search in the first place, but he had obviously given it his all!

word count: 262

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields

pride12
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He could see the pain in those bright orange eyes, darker than he’d ever seen them. But just as warm, and filling his heart with relief as they fell upon him, not judging. This time, he leaned into his father’s embrace fully, no thought left for others’ injury or weakness as he lost the fight against the brimming tears. Burying his face in the silver-dapple scruff, Gale cried out the disappointment he had been holding back for so long, for every pack he had visited with no news, every corner he had rounded without finding a sign of his lost sibling.

For a while he just bawled, unable to stop now that he had started. His father’s words, while comforting in their way, only served to further the waterworks, a choked noise the only reply he could muster. It wasn’t until silence had stretched for quite a while, and the tears slowly started to wane, that he felt the need to speak push through. “I… I did!” He sobbed, breathing shakily and trying to steady his voice; “I really did dad I… I even,” and suddenly it all just came tumbling out, like the words had been held back by all the tears, and now that they were gone, there was no stopping them; “I went all the way south, like… Like you said and to the Ridge and then… Over the mountains and to Oak Tree Bend, and I met Serach and I…” Every now and then, he paused to take a wheezing breath, but then blundered on, afraid of what might happen if he stopped for too long; “And I was coming home and… I found Askan and Reyes, and they have a pack and I thought… I thought she might be there, but she wasn’t, She wasn’t anywhere!”

Shaking his head, he let out one last, hiccuping sob and leaned back, raising a shaky paw to wipe his nose. Every hair on his body seemed to be shivering, but it felt good to have let it all out, like he’d just gotten many pounds lighter. “I’m really sorry dad,” he said again, looking back up at his father; “I was so sure I could find her!”

word count: 369

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

No parent ever wanted to see their children hurt. It was their prime role to protect their offspring above all else, to keep the world from harming them at all cost. Seeing his son like this, hearing the agony in his apology, made Drestig ache in a whole different way, and all he wanted was to make it all better. He hugged the boy tight, pressing him into his chest as he cried, while silent tears of his own trickled down the silvered muzzle; How is any of this fair?! Why was it that they were constantly to lose in this way? Over and over, and now it was no longer just him and Jessie feeling the pain, not even just the adults, but children too, his children. His heart ached for Griffin, much, much too young to experience all this pain.

As the tears finally stilled, he was shocked by the sudden wave of words, following immediately behind them. He’d contented himself with the message of ‘nothing’ assured that there were no more words left to say. But now he sat, stunned, trying his best to make heads and tails of everything tumbling from his sons lips. He really had been both far and wide, a strange, unexpected pride swelling in his chest at the thought. But then he mentioned Askan, and it was an entirely new strike of shock, like a punch to the gut, spreading fresh numbness through his body; A pack? With Reyes? Where?! Questions brimmed to his mind, his already strained heart clenching with even more, mixed feelings. But looking down at his son, he bit his tongue, even managing a shaky smile; Not now..!

He stretched forwards, touching his nose to Gale’s shoulder; “I know, you did the best anyone could’ve!” And with that, he lightly nudged the boy forwards, leading him back to the den in his jagged manner; “Come now, let’s find you some food and then you need to rest!” Questions would have to wait till later.

word count: 336

Thoughts."Speech"
WILD RYE Fields

pride12
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
For @Jessie <3
Early morning 3/5 || Cloudy; -9° F(-23° C), calm breeze

The Rye matriarch needed to know what had happened during the two weeks Adelayde travelled to find and bring back the Rye king. After spending a much needed night with her husband, she had promised herself that she would talk with Jessie in the morning. Leaving with a kiss upon @Laike's crown, the duo departed and went separate ways, only momentarily at least. Ade wanted to speak with her alpha alone this morning. Heading straight for the communal den, she hoped to find her salt and pepper colored leader before she started her day.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »