(See All?) Announcements
614 Users Online
Bing, Google

never seen your face around here — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Veho @Yvly though other GH wolves are welcome. Renier wants to inquire of his brother, and state of the pack.
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall
cause they want a little more

It was with a purpose he came to the realm of cedarwood. Tongue pushed to the side of his cheek, as he tried not to bite the inside of it. Chew it to pieces with his doubting thoughts. It was time to gain some peace of mind over the Hollow. Maybe smooth some relations. He couldn't bare to think what winter would threaten the Ridge with this year. The Lyall wanted to know if his brother was still here. If the pack thrived, or had problems of its own. Despite how long it had been since he had lived here, it was always be a place he missed. A place he felt apart of. He wasn't sure if they would so readily share information, but he had to try. What could it harm?

Relaxing his frame, he let his nose lead him to their borders. There wasn't a sign of Rook, but until he heard the word he would try not to let his thoughts get away from him. He had done that too much. It had never done him any good. Besides he would like to think there were a couple friendly faces here. With a sharp inhale, he forced himself to sit, then lifted his head to call to the pack. A polite request he would like to talk.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 06:47 PM by Renier. Edit Reason: tag )
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Busy, he was so busy.

But was there ever a time that winter meant anything but?  Even when he was a boy still in his parents’ pack, there was something to do.  If it wasn’t borders that needed constant strengthening due to what felt like near constant snowfall, then it was filling caches to make sure everyone had plenty to eat.  The man found himself doing just that on this day, in the process of burying a particularly bold squirrel in the pack’s cache when an unfamiliar voice sounded near his border.

Finishing his task as quickly as he could, he loped to the source of the call.  To his great surprise, it was not a skinny loner who’d come to the edges of Grizzly Hollow – indeed, this time of the winter usually saw that sort of wolf.  Instead, it was a man who clearly scented of pack…a scent he did not fail to recognize.

But this male had made himself known, and made a request to talk, hadn’t he?  There was nothing sneaky, or hostile – and Nineva herself had gone to Willow Ridge recently and had not been harmed.  Veho could afford this man his manners, at the very least.  His tail remained curled over his back, making it evident who he was without baring down on the stranger, and he chuffed softly to the man.

“Hello – I hope I did not keep you waiting too long.  What can I do for you this day?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

The Lyall kept to a stand, no trouble waiting. For a leader the job was never ending, and this wasn't life or death. He saw no reason for them to out right ignore him. Red ear tipped to the sound. Soon enough a male came fourth with a dominant gray coat. It was clear in his posture he was the current leader, but didn't feel the need to do more. He was polite, especially in his manner of question. It hadn't been what do you want? This he felt was a good sign. It was easy to keep his height neutral, and respectful."Not at all," he first said. Feeling he had stood for only a short time. There were scents mixed with the fellow's coat, but not enough to tell him about any individual. Today he'd have to rely on asking, and seeing what he was given.

"My name is Renier Lyall. I came here today to hope  to hear anything about my brother Rook. We haven't spoken in awhile, and I'd hoped to fix that. But he isn't here, is he?" He let out a slow breath, almost like a sigh. He should have done this sooner like so many other things. While he hoped bringing the issue wouldn't incite anger or pain, he had to known what he could.

"I also wanted to see how the Hollow has been doing. It hasn't been my home in a long time, but it means a lot for me to see it still lives. I know there was a falling out with the Ridge, but I really wish to mend it as well." There hadn't been any serious conflict, but it would be nice to simply put an end to any ideas of it. That they may form an alliance of sorts. Of what terms he was yet to say, he was awaiting to see how the other may feel about this.

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Ah, I am glad.  It is my pleasure to meet you, Renier.  I am Veho Macieo – and yes, as you surmised, I am afraid Rook is not present within our boundaries, at the moment.”

It was a struggle not to offer a sad smile – how much the other Lyall knew of their relationship, he was uncertain.  How much should he know?  That was a struggle to understand, as well.  Ah, but if the man was Rook’s older brother – and he had to assume he was, given his general appearance, and that he did not look to be a two-year-old himself – perhaps he understand the basics of the masked wolf’s nature, and did not need such things explained for him.  Hopefully, anyways.

“The Hollow is well enough.  Your brother took Borden’s death last year with a great deal of difficulty – his first absence was to return to Renegade’s Reach.  I do not know where he went this time.” Or when he would return.  Or if he would return.  “The, ah…tensions with the Ridge revolved around the assault on one of our former members, though if I understand from Nineva’s recent visit, the attacker is no longer with the Ridge, either.  I would be amenable to negotiating a more peaceable relationship.”

A pause, and his eyes widened. “Oh!  Rook’s son still remains here, if you were interested, or needed, to speak with him.”

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

Veho Macieo. He felt he'd do well to hold onto that name. He was the one taking care of things. But, the rogue couldn't quite decide how the man felt about Rook's absence. There was something there, and he was sure it had affected him some how. It was never easy lose a pack mate, and life still continue to move forward, pressing you to do the same.

He nodded, glad to hear it was all right under the circumstances. The man continued to offer more. It sounded like Rook had left more than once. He felt more guilty for not finding out sooner or being of help. The fact it wasn't certain where he was now. Renier prayed for it to be the Reach. But, as much as he might want to see for himself he had no plans to return to his second home.

"Awe, I see. I hope it is there he has found himself again. I thank you for telling me this." It was all he felt he could say in turn. As he looked upon the man he felt certain he had seen him by Rook, the day Borden had died. Renier hadn't stayed. Couldn't be sure. For now he let the thought be brushed to the side.

The Ridge wolf knew exactly what Veho spoke about. He had been told about it himself by the very wolf. He felt maybe the matter of it should be brought to the light to move forward.

The Lyall was careful with how he spoke, trying to keep his tone in check, simply relaying the other side of the story. "I'm aware of what transpired, and yes she is no longer part of the Ridge. But, it wasn't because of the Hollow it happened. It was because that female abandoned her child at the Ridge, and his aunt didn't think very well of her for it." He had no reason to defend Morganna, but he did it any way. There was more.

"The actual rift started with Rook. It was bit of a mess when he came to the borders, and two of our members left with him to rebuild the Hollow. I know he had tried to mend it to no avail.  After so much time, and our father gone I let it go. I imagine as the Ridge has changed so has the Hollow. I've wanted to make things right not just packs, but between us as family. I kept thinking he wouldn't want to see me." Now, he wouldn't find out. Why he felt a little undignified, as if he shouldn't have said so much to this stranger. It was nice none the less for it to be off his chest in some way. "But, as it is I just thought it would be nice to be allies again. There be peace between the Hollow and Ridge, and if you were to need something you knew you could ask us."

His brows knit together, a son? He hadn't really thought about it. There was no mention of Quil. He should have never let the years build."Oh, well it would be nice to meet him. I think that should be left to him. I have no plans on leaving the Ridge." Rook had left the boy here by the sounds of it, without a mother either, and Renier wasn't sure if his nephew would want anything to do with an Uncle.

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Ah.  We were not made privy to any information regarding Dove’s child.”

He might have guessed, but he didn’t pry – he was still the pack’s medic then, wasn’t he?  Wasn’t even alpha, wasn’t in the position to push for answers.  Ancestors, what a mess.  With both wolves gone away, it was harder to hold onto any lingering grudges, but if Veho was thinking that was the worst of it, the next bombshell caught him completely off guard.  This time, he could not catch the startled snort before it fell from his wet nose, nor the flattening of his ears against his skull as the Lyall explained Rook’s transgressions against the wolves of Willow Ridge.

At least…

At least things made a bit more sense now, he supposed.

Veho swallowed down the lump in his throat, to no avail.  “I see,” he murmured eventually.  “I was not made aware of this, either.  Rook nor the women he brought live here any longer, but as I said, Rook and Quil’s boy is still here.  I will pass along the information in the event that he wishes to learn more about his Lyall family.”

But that’s not why Renier was here, was it?  Veho gave himself a solid shake and cleared his throat a second time, trying to loosen his tongue.  How foreign this felt.  “Was there anyone else before Quil?  For Rook, I mean.”

Oh – but that was not what he meant to say at all.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Veho don't mind Renier's word vomit he's kept in too long.
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

He didn't seem put off by his share of information with so little of his own. "Her real name is Piety, and I only hope should she seek refuge here again she not recieve it without telling you the truth of her past." Why, he couldn't blame her for the circumstances that had brought her to Grizzly Hollow, at the same time he felt perhaps Morganna was justified. Taking a new name, and not a mention of her child? Maybe, she'd never wanted Sven. What kind of mother did that?

The man's reaction to the other bit of news brought a furrow across his forehead. He hadn't known this either?  Renier was reminded why he was mad at Rook in the first place. How wreckless he had been in rebuilding the Hollow with the ruse it was for father, when a lot of it was for himself. Was his forgivness misplaced? Had his brother learned nothing? Should he see him again and remind him the name he carried, and what it stood for. There was a hint of anger to his gold eyes, he tried to squelch. "I'm sorry to bring this up now. I had worried he was doing it all in haste without thought. But, I didn't think it would do either of us, nor my parents well if we fought. I'd hoped he'd realized a thing or two." He let out a rough sigh, a shake of his head. Trying to let the emotion go back to rest.

It was interesting to hear this son was Rook and Quil's. It would seem at least his brother had went through with something. There was a touch of sadness, she was gone too. He nodded his thanks, but couldn't help say, "I bet all of you here have done a great deal for the boy, so I thank you for that."

He did not expect the words that fell from his lips. If Rook had someone before Quil. There had to be some meaning behind it, but he didn't have the moment to ponder it out. "In the Reach? No he didn't. Out here I only thought it was her." He answered, as Renier had never known anything beyond his brother's interest in Quil. But, he found his eyes closely upon the man. Wondering. "You were close to him, weren't you?" He gently spoke, and there was a softness to his look. "You were there when...when our father died."

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Veho did not make a comment on the Lyall’s hopes for the man’s border patrol.  Quite frankly, it was none of his business, how Veho decided who would be welcomed amongst the borders of Grizzly Hollow and who was not.  That Dove – Piety – had not told him the whole truth was likely not a matter as simple as it seemed.  Renier did not see how shaken up the woman was when she arrived, nor what she looked like after her ear had been freed from her skull.  But all these thoughts were left unsaid, as he instead allowed himself to be the sounding board the willow wolf seemed to desperately need.

How did he find himself in these situations?

So many Lyall problems.  If only there were more medicine men in the world, no?

“Ah.”  At the very least, he got the answer to that question, burning a hole like a cigarette put out on his heart.  No one else – at least until Veho Macieo had entered the scene.  Yes, they were close.  Perhaps Rook did not want the rest of his family to know about his dalliances, much less with a wolf of the same sex, or perhaps it was the polyamorous nature of the masked man, but--  But Rook be damned!  If he did not want anyone to know, he should have stuck around and said so himself.

“Rook is – was – is my partner,” Veho rumbled, his tone making it very evident just what sort of partner the younger male was. “We had intended to raise a little together, alone with my co-leader and mother of the children, but--  Well.  He is not currently present.” A hint of bitterness sparkled like abandoned silver at the depth of an old well.  Alas!  “I had been his beta, when your father passed.  It was Borden’s death that inspired Rook to hand over leadership of Grizzly Hollow and--  Do whatever it is he is doing now.  Grieving.  Wandering.  I imagine I have little more idea than you do, these days.”

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Veho you can wrap it up in the next one : )
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

Nothing was said in turn about the white wolf. Maybe, he had struck a note with the leader, one he didn't favor. Renier didn't care either way if he heeded his advice or cast it aside. If this man wanted to let it every sad story just because, he could reap what they left behind. Maybe, he did not see how it could have one so much worse. Then again, his mother probably would have acted no different and he let it drop.

He was watching him closely as he delivered the other information. He was not sure what he saw in those pale, silver eyes. It wasn't until the other man spoke did Renier realize what it was. The pain of love. Why he was surprised not knowing this about Rook, it was not strange to him because of Aniu and Sibyl. Now it was his turn to lend an ear. He didn't expect to be affected, but it pained him to hear it. How could his brother did this? Even with their father's death to leave everything behind he'd wanted? Puzzlement, was clearly written on his face.  Rapidly he blinked, stilling his facade. Right now he felt no better than his brother. "I am sorry to hear this is how he left you, and...and everything." He didn't think he convey it any better, but hoped his sincerity held in the statement. This wolf was viewed as family not just because of Rook but everything he had done. There would be a lot more to tug out his mind and heart now.

It seemed the time to let this man return to his duties. "Thank you for telling me this." It did not seem easy. "If you should ever need anything you have a friend among the Ridge now, maybe are packs could hunt together one day. I think I've all ready taken much of your time, and best be going." He tipped his head in respect, and good bye waiting only for he other's words.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 06:55 PM by Renier.)