(See All?) Announcements
693 Users Online
Bing, Vanadis, Chan, Google

cactus ruckus — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Intended for @Triell but I technically don't see anything wrong with @Treyah/Naira/Reiko/@Leotie appearing in this thread if they're together, if Switch is okay with that c: ||

He decided to stick close to home today in hopes that it would help his nerves settle down some. The Rigel male had been rather anxious lately. Kerberos let Maera go about her day, his usual simple "Be safe please." was accompanied by a "I'll be here when you get back." today. It wasn't like he really needed to inform her of such a thing. But something told him to. To give a gentle reassurance that he was always going to be gladly waiting for her return. Part of him hoped she felt the same way about him.

The tawny male got up and left the old den the rag-tag duo called home. No matter how far they strayed the two always seemed to return. It was a place of comfort but he knew it wouldn't be fair for Mae to be out doing work and him laze about all day. He figured he could at least venture around for something to eat.

Kerberos sighed, his breath visible in the cold air. "What are we gonna do?" His words softly spoken. He figured there was no one out here right now, so what was the harm in his thoughts being shared out loud?
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2016, 01:24 PM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Nova who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
@Kerberos I thought him and Reiko could go a few rounds? Then Triell would pop in.
doesn't matter if it's not okay
reiko tainn
doesnt matter if it's not our day

There was a lot more work involved being out here. They needed to hunt, they needed to keep track where they river lie, and they needed to stay together. They weren't necessarily told to run from strangers, but were reminded to be cautious. Follow their gut. This wasn't the Bend, and there were a lot of other packs out here, and loners. Hungry too...

But, part of him liked how it was just them. There was so much more to see out here. Every day they knew a little bit more, and sometimes they did get something to eat. They slep under the stars.If everyone else would go their own way, at least he had Mom,Dad,Treyah, and Leotie.

On his father's insistence he was suppose to be practicing his tracking skills. Treyah the same, but solo too. Dark nose twitched, his yellow eyes were on the ground. The white carpet made it a little easier. He could see where the tracks marked, and then his nose could tell him what was more recent. Father had said to go ahead, and howl when he found something. There were so many bunny trails and not a single one in sight. He wanted to howl now. Dad would find a rabbit quicker than he would, and least Reiko could try to catch it. Him and Treyah would have something to fill their bellies again. A grunt, he continued, his nose trailing barely above the snow, hopeful.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2016, 05:41 AM by Reiko. Edit Reason: tags )
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Fine by me c: @Reiko

Kerberos knew that standing out in the snow muttering to himself would be of no help. He had to find something. The tawny male held his nose close to the snow. There had to be at least one rabbit or bird around the area. If he could only trust his nose like Maera did.

Well, there was something. Not food but instead another wolf. Who also smelt of more but some stronger than others. Perhaps like a fading scent of a pack member. None of them smelt familiar to him, though. He was curious and followed after. It didn't take too long. Kerberos smiled softly while standing some distance. Young but large. Obviously on the hunt for something. While Kerb hadn't been feeling great he knew he couldn't be rude to a kid. Both out of his own morals and worry for if there was a parent around. So politely the Rigel male barked out towards the others. "Hey! Need help finding something?" His tail wagged behind him in a friendly, neutral kind of way. Even his words had been genuinely kind.

His eyes did glance around to see if there was anyone else nearby. Who in the hell just let their kid wander? Surely it wasn't as bad as he thought it was, though. He could only hope that at least a guardian of some sorts was around.

Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

The sudden bark of a stranger sounded. His head jerked up, eyes wide, he scanned the white and gray landscape. They fell upon a dark, gray male who wagged his tail, offering help. Weird. Why would a stranger help him? He was a little reluctant to take him up on the offer. A little wary, despite his friendly nature. But, they needed food.

With a thought in mind he answered,"Um, my dad wants be to practice tracking so I can do it on my own. But, I can't find a rabbit trail that doesn't keep leading me further and further through the woods." There wasn't one that lead under the brush, or into a burrow or warren. The lad wagged his red-brown tail. "I guess if you want to help ya can, but I still gotta learn." If it was simply given to him, he was sure his father would be displeased. Reiko didn't want that as he understood why he was out here. Why it was important.

Once more he sniffed at the tiny footprints, and trotted along beside them. Pausing a moment to see if they lead off near by. It looked like they just might tip into the brush between a pair of aspens. Yellow eyes flicked over to his companion."I'm Reiko by the way."

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

The mention of a father did not go unheard. But where was such figure? He hadn't spotted one about. "Sometimes you have to go the distance to get your reward." He smiled and moved to be a bit closer to the kid. Examining tracks with him and sniffing them. If he could tell which ones were fresh and which were older he might be able to help them both out.

Kerberos smiled at the mention of a name. It seemed almost formal. "Pleasure to meet you, @Reiko. My name is Kerberos but most call me Kerb. It's a lot easier." His mind wanted to focus but that still seemed a little hard. "You and your dad staying around these parts or just coming through?" Even though the boy didn't know it his answer would weigh heavily upon his and Maera's life. If more wolves were here it meant trouble in both peace and food. He would just hate it if he was the one that had to bring such bad news.

His nose trailed after a fresh scent. One that led into a small brush between some trees. The Rigel male's tail waved happily behind him. "Should be one, at least, hiding in there. Stay real quiet and maybe one of us can spook them out while the other chases them." His head turned to face Reiko to see how that sounded to the boy.

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll put a Reiko one up too.
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

As much as he hated the press the move had put on his family, in the long run he felt this would be better for them. They would learn something invaluable, and it would help shape them into better rounded adults. What was life without trials? They heard about them, but what did they actually know? They needed to see the rest of the world. If there was one thing he hadn't liked about the Bend it was fact how isolated it was. When he was there age he had been all over these lands. Hunted deer with strangers, rescued some. Made many friends who were not river wolves. An enemy too.

Why they seemed to be reluctant about everything, they were not going back. At least they seemed to realize. He doubted he would ever see the Bend again. They were here, and he wouldn't see them starve. They were each capable of doing something. He easily repeated this day after day, while trying to keep upbeat. Encouraging. After all they did have each other, and that was more than some. With Reiko leading out, he took his time following him. Hoping he would be successful on his own. Eventually the dark wolf came upon him, down off the small hill with the figure of another helping him with his task. A smirk pulled on his muzzle, not surprised. At least he was still trying, and so far the stranger didn't seem harmful. He would stand here and watch how played out.

Triell Tainn
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

It was nice of the man to smile with a kind word of advice. It sounded a lot like something Dad or Mom would say. Go figure. Reiko was still happy for his help. Anything so he would be done soon, and might have reward was fine by him.

No, the boy hadn't grown into his name. One day he hoped to. The lad only nodded his head at the mention of the name. He would definitely stick to calling him Kerb. The rest he thought would get stuck on the roof of his mouth. The question he posed him, had him frozen. Yellow eyes shifting across the white, contemplating if he should give much of an answer. He thought they were going to stay here, some where if they could. But, who knew. "Um, he lived in the grove when he was a pup, and told us he wants to stay. But, kinda hard without a pack so I don't know." He wasn't sure if it was in his favor to give this information or not. He hadn't thought it would hurt to just say the truth. Reiko Tainn wasn't a liar.

The lad's attention drifted as the loner moved, the swift motion of his tail giving him a wave an excitement. He noted the spot he was talking about, and nodded. "Can I try to catch it?" He asked, with a ghost of a smile. Hopeful. Unaware they were being watched.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

The tawny male smiled at the younger boy's words. Him and @Maera were staying in a den not too far from here. Was it pure coincidence or may he have been sleeping in that father's home? "Well a friend and myself aren't staying too far from here. I'm not sure about her but I'd be willing to lend a paw if you and your dad ever run into trouble or need to hunt something bigger." His tail stayed in a joyous beat of wagging. It was the least he could do for a father and son who were staying out here. Especially during winter. After spending some time with Mae, Kerberos had decided that loners needed to band together. Unless you were a jerk. Then you could go freeze your tail off for all he cared.

Kerb smiled widely at the boy's enthusiasm to be the one to catch it. "Sure. Just crouch down and be ready to pounce at any moment. They're fast little things but I have faith you can get at least one." Kerberos silently crept around to the other side of the bush. His pale yellow eyes darted to look at @Reiko to make sure he was ready.

Once the Rigel male was positive his company was ready he pounced. Two fluffy and well-fed rabbits ran out from the shelter of the bush. He waited until the younger boy would take off before joining in the chase.

Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

Okay so he had been really nice so far. Maybe, he shouldn't be surprised. The young wolf was. Eyes widened in disbelief, a part to his jaws. Offering more help? He kinda figured loners were loners because they liked being alone, and not eating a lot. "Oh, that'd be...that'd be great. My dad probably take you up on that cause he rather Mum didn't." Triell had talked about trying to include others to get a meal, the kind they use to have. Kerb he was pretty big, him and dad could likely get anything he imagined. The thought made his mouth water.

Focus. He took in a breath, and tried to still his hindquarters, listening very closely. "I will." Then, as he was told, dropped low in front of the brush, trying to see just where they little bugger might come out at.

It was only a single look from his hunting companion that signaled him, then he scared the prey. Instinctively, the boy leaped toward the closet, hitting it with paws, and snatching it with his open muzzle. He had a bit of it's neck and it squirmed so he tightened, quickly ending its movement. A thrill in his veins his tail wagged, and he wore a proud smile. He did not dare release his catch.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He was impressed with how well the boy listened. Either he had parents who had raised him well this far or he was born a naturally well listener and learner. Kerberos wouldn't have such ease getting to his rabbit. He pushed through the bush and gave a quick chase. Squirming through any trees until his jaws could clamp down on the back of the rabbit. It was squirming about and Kerberos had to put it to an end.

In a rather bold display, he tossed the tossed the rabbit into the air before catching it again. His teeth puncturing through the spine and stomach. With a proud look on his face and a bounce in his step he headed back towards @Reiko. Once the boy was in sight he moved a little closer before he dropped the air at his paws. "You did so well catching the rabbit! Like way better than I was at your age. Your parents must be real  proud." A friendly smile painted his face and he nudged the rabbit he had caught towards the kid. "Let your dad and mom have this one." He took a seat and waited for the boy's answer. Kerberos's mood had increased greatly from this morning. Perhaps there was something nice about being around someone he felt he could relate to. No matter if Kerb wanted to admit it or not he still had a childish like mentality.

"If you and your parents are gonna be around for a while I'd love to help out like this more often. You're pretty nice and have a good set of skills, Reiko." He flashed a smile as his eyes gleamed with joy.