825 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley, Baidu

oh goodness, another one? — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Just for @Treyah || Sometime after meeting Triell

It was a strange life for the man named Kerberos Rigel. He knew that there had likely been nothing his mother could have said or done before sending him into the world that could prepare him for anything that had happened. Granted not everything was strange. He did have Maera who seemed to be a constant for him. She was usually there when he needed her. There had been a few times when he had to wish she was there but he knew he could come 'home' and rant to her. They were a rather well-worked duo.

Part of him had started to long for more. He couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be a cog in some great machine instead of half the machine. The tawny male was aware Maera wanted nothing to do with packs, that had been made crystal clear. He really didn't want to leave her to satisfy his own selfish, if he could even call them selfish, needs. Perhaps it was safe to say that he cared for her too much to leave her to find on her own. But days grew colder and he grew more worried.

All of that was part of the reason he was out in the Grove. There was a gentle rumble of his stomach. The loud reminder he needed to find some food for him, and Mae if she didn't find something today.
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2016, 01:25 PM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
@Kerberos Sorry for the hold up <3

The girl was on the trail of something, but she couldn't quite place the scent. It left deep furrows in the snow and here and there upturned earth in its wake, the pure white marred by the smudge of disturbed soil and chewed on roots. Had she been thinking more like a grown up, she might have called for her father or @Leotie, or perhaps taken note of the other wolf scents crisscrossing this particular area of the Grove. But she was entranced, it was like nothing she had ever smelled before. So when the squat brown shape came into view she paused, taking in the snuffling and shuffling and trying to match it up with all the long-legged prey she had seen in the Spectral Woods.

Nothing matched up. She carefully maneuvered around to get a better look at the animals blocky head. It was so compact that she couldn't even see a real neck to grab a hold of. Her puzzled expression quickly turned to one of concern as the snout came out of the snow and dirt to show two short tusks sticking out of the sides of the animal's mouth.

She strangled down a scream, slowly backing up until her rump his something solid, soft and warm. She held her breath, too terrified at the thought that it might be the little grunters mother or friend to turn around and get a good look at it. Whatever or whoever it was.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He had caught movement and two different scents. One of prey and one of a fellow wolf. A younger female he judged silently. While other scents perhaps lingered he didn't notice one that seemed to stand out with hers. While Kerberos was worried he knew they weren't living in pack territory. With how long they had been here he guessed he would have known by now.

The tawny male wondered what a young wolf was doing out here, alone, in winter. Was it a scouting trip? Hunting? He truly hoped it wasn't hunting because that meant less food for Kerb and Mae. They had to make it through the rest of winter too. He held his nose to the ground for a moment, scooting closer to the scents. When he saw the scene he silently paused. The male stood still as could be and watched the wolf back up. He didn't move but he did know she'd run into him if she didn't halt soon.

Kerberos smiled when she finally hit his form. "I do suggest you watch where you're going. Who knows what else you may have backed up into if I wasn't standing here." His voice was a simple whisper for her to hear only. Even though he didn't know her he nudged her hip with his nose in a friendly manner. "What exactly has you so startled?" Kerberos silently mused wondering what kind of prey was lurking for her to pull back so swiftly from it. He wasn't about to let some aggressive creature ruin the place he had grown to call a home.
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
won't you light my lonely way back home?
Treyah Tainn

Barely bitten back scream was swallowed as an unfamiliar whisper graced her ears, wide eyes falling on the darker man as her head snapped around. "I-I-Idunno..." She whispered back anxiously. Her chin jerked back the way she had come as the sound of snapping branches and grunting filled the air. "I thought I could eat it but it's a monster!" she whispered again, pressing further into the older wolf's flank. Perhaps together they would have a chance if the girl managed to find some mettle... or maybe it would rip her guts out with those sharp fangs on the front of its face...

Lips drawing taught in a worried line she finally found her feet enough to move past the man. "It's short, with a flat face and big teeth sticking out of it's mouth." She muttered, ears folded flat as she began to make a retreat. "I'm hungry but I'm not gonna die going after something like that," and her pouty tone seemed to imply that if he knew what was good for him then he would do the same.

She had been miserable before but now she was frightened too. Everything could have been just fine if they had stayed in Oak Tree Bend.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He knew she was scared but it was kind of adorable the way she whispered so nervously. "Well if it's a monster I promise it won't get you while I'm here." He smiled and nudged her kindly while looking around. Where was this monster? Or better yet, what did she think was a monster? Kerberos thought he of all wolves would have known if a monster was stomping around a place he visited often.

The tawny man listened to her description and had to hold back a smirk. She had found a boar but was apparently unfamiliar with the animal. While he didn't have much experience with them, he was aware of what they looked like. "Indeed you have found a monster of sorts. With the right kind of tactic, he wouldn't be so scary, though." He reassured her in the kindest way possible. "He's called boar and while they can be tasty I don't think just the two of us can take him on." He slowly trailed in the opposite direction the boar had been rooting in.

"But hey!" He called out in a half-whisper. "If you're hungry I don't mind lending a paw to help you find something." He followed after her with a friendly wag in his tail. "What do you have a taste for?" Maybe they might get lucky and find a meal fit for kings.