397 Users Online
Oleander, Juniper, Apollo, Bing, Google

we are what you say — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
@Maera || Light snow, 30 ° F, -1 ° C || Early Morning, before sunrise

He had dragged her up and out early that morning. Usually, it was the other way around but Kerberos wanted to share the sunrise with her this morning. "Coooome ooooon, Mae." He had nudged her flank, pushing her along in hopes it would wash out any sleepiness from her mind and bones. The tawny male's tail swayed happily behind him as he directed them towards his favorite spot. An empty patch by a fallen tree. It was good for looking at the stars and watching the sunrise.

Kerberos eagerly ran ahead, jumping onto the stump and barking with excitement. Not fully concerned if they might wake their new company (Naria, Triell, Leotie, etc.). "The sun will be coming up anytime now! I just hope the snow clouds don't block everything." The snow today was fairly light so his hopes of the sunrise's colors breaking through were high.

He hopped down from the stump and took a seat next to it instead. His tail thumped against the snow below as he watched the sky intently. Any moment now they would be greeted with reds, oranges, yellows. Most of his favorite colors made up the sky. Only for a moment did his pale yellow eyes flicker to look at Mae and see if she was as interested in this as he was.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

Maera was normally up and about, but she’d had issues actually falling asleep the night before, her mind racing with the worries that seemed to haunt her. She’d agreed to help, paws down with no second thoughts, but the idea still made her nervous. What if they couldn’t provide for all of them? What was going to happen between them, and how would things change now that their feelings were out there? Those were the sorts of thoughts that had kept her up until the night was almost over, having managed to fall asleep just an hour or so before Kerb was nosing her, waking her up for the view as she let out a soft groan. “Mnnn’sleep good.” She murmured, her eyes being stubborn and refusing to open.

Maybe she could get back to… nope, no chance as he continued to bark on and she forced one eye to open, staring at him as she let out a long and somewhat loud yawns, stretching her legs out as her back arched before she was following him out. “Hmmn… what?” She asked, evidently half-awake as she fell in beside him, gently leaning against his weight, their fur mingling. “Whatrewe doin?” It’d be a couple more minutes before she was fully awake, even with the biting cold of the winter air around them and the soft and frigid snow beneath their feet.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Kerberos found her adorable when she was all sleepy. The way her words pushed together and how she leaned against him for support. He loved every minute of it. He giggled a bit when she questioned what they were doing. "I wanna watch the sunrise, silly." He planted a big slobbery kiss with his tongue across the side of her face.

He watched as the colors began to show in the spaces between the snow clouds. A soft pink taking over first. "Mae, look." He nudged under her chin in hopes she'd lift her head up to see the colors painting the sky between those fluffy clouds. "It's like the color of the salmon." His tail thumped happily against the stump the duo were seated next to.

In case she was still tired he leaned against her built form. "I think I smell some deer. If you want we could go get some after this. Maybe drop some off for the others. Reiko might be bummed I didn't bring him along but I'll take him out later if it's alright with Triell. Well, and you of course." The tawny male offered a polite smile to his Mae. After a confession of their feelings not too long ago, Kerberos had realized just how important we, us, our really was between them now. Not to mention their pawful of company now too. Everyone was nice but it meant that there was more we to be included than just him and Maera.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
Hunting 1/3 - Detecting prey/starting the hunting process

Parts of her fur were mildly disheveled over the course of her rest, not having straightened them out before pushing herself up to meet her partner outside to watch the sunrise, silly as he so graciously reminded her, trying to fight the tugging at the corners of her maw that came when his tongue ran up the side of her face, gently nuzzling back, running a tongue gently over the side of his face closer to the back near his neck and ears. She was about to actually formulate a spoken response to him when he judged under her chin, her head rising a little upward, her eyes half closed but open enough to see part of what he was so keen on waking her up for.

That was when her eyes opened wider, a soft grin finding her features iin the process as her tail gently started to wag and she started to wake up more, her brain processing the sight in front of her as the salmon colors ran across the sky, scattering and mixing to make other lighter hues – soft lilac with the hints of the dawn that was approaching both of them. “It’s beautiful, Kerb.” She murmured softly as she turned to look at him, gently leaning against him to match his own lean against hers.

She hadn’t even noticed the scent until he brought it up, her nose twitching as her tail froze in its wag, chocolate eyes locking down in the direction that the prey was – it was like a flip of a switch in her mind, every time, hardwired into her brain. Food. Hunt. Now. “Let’s do it!” She said with a grin as she pushed herself up onto her paws. “You don’t have to ask me if it’s alright, Kerb… I’m not his mother.” She reminded him softly with hints of amusement showing in her features. They were together, but they were also separate wolves who did their own thing sometimes during the day - especially with their newfound companions to look after.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 09:22 PM by Maera.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
successful hunting 1/4

He was happy he had someone to share these moments with but even happier that it was @Maera who that someone was. Her own kiss caused his tail to wag behind him. Moving some of the loose, less compact snow. He felt bad because he had so slobbily kissed her and her she was being so gentle like a daisy. The Rigel could feel his cheeks heating up thinking about it. Luckily it would be hidden by such lush fur on his cheeks.

Her whisper was precious to him. "I know, right? Happy I dragged you out here sleepy head?" He giggled softly still trying not to wake their company up if they weren't awake already. The tawny male personally liked the added company. Kept their place warmer, allowed him more faces to talk to, more hunting experience. Yet he knew if was a drastic change for his Mae. He was proud of her, though. She hadn't lashed out at anyone and seemed to be handling things well.

Kerberos let a huge smile take over his face as he rose to his paws. "Yeah!" He hyped up with her little spur. He couldn't hold back a giggle at her next words. "I'm not asking you permission to take Reiko out. I'm asking permission to split up for the day. If you wanted us to go do an adventure and chat I'll just tell 'im that I need to go scouting. I'm sure he'll still wanna come with but I'll tell him something. Maybe to practice moves on a frozen rabbit." He shrugged and trotted after the deer scent knowing well enough Mae would follow if not jump into lead.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 04:12 AM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
Hunting 2/3 - Strategy

She rolled her eyes gently as the idea of sleepy head - she remembered when they first started to travel together and now she was the sleepy head? Still the smile ran across her features and even a small chuckle followed. He followed alongside her as she followed the trail, her voice getting softer as they got closer and she responded back to him. “Really, Kerb, it’s fine.” Her tail wagged gently as she insisted he should go with Reiko. “As much as I’d love to, I can’t hoard you all the time, Reiko might get jealous.” She found amusement in gently poking at the bond he’d developed with the boy, only as a bromance joke and nothing more.

She stopped behind a fallen tree, still downwind of their prey as she watched the herd lurking about with her chocolate eyes, instantly falling back into her “game face” as her smile faded and she analyzed each one… and that was when she spotted it. “Far left. The doe – she’s got a limp to her.” It was faint, maybe an old injury but she favored it still, Maera could tell by her gait and the way she seemed to favor the one side. “One of us can separate her and the other can take her down from her weak side.” She had yet to see how he did in a larger-scale hunt like taking down a deer, but she was confident that he’d do just fine.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 09:23 PM by Maera.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
successful hunting 2/4

He smiled softly as she reassured him that spending some time with the boy was fine. "Pfft, he might but I'd be more in trouble if you got jealous of me and him always out chasing rabbits." He offered a wink to let her know he was just teasing. Kerberos would never say anything with the intention of hurting her feelings. He liked her too much and was already way too nervous to mess things up. The last thing he would try to do would be purposely anger her.

Kerb grew silent as they crept upon the herd. An old fallen log hid them from sight while the wind stayed in their favor. It wasn't a multitudinous herd but there were ones to pick from. While the Rigel man despretly wanted a nice meatier doe he knew there odds were better with the one that seemed weaker. A limp? He watched as the doe picked to use one side of herself more than the other. "Yeah, you have more strength so do you wanna go in for an attack first? I promise once she's out and you're there I'll be right by your side helping." His tail wagged soflty behind his dark tawny form.

All he needed was a go from @Maera and the Rigel would be swift into position. His mouth was practically dripping with drool at the thought of a fresh meal.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 04:13 AM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
Hunting - 3/3 - Splitting up and falling into position

Her smirk intensified as mirth danced through her eyes, shooting a wink back at him as she responded with a coy. “Smart.” It was amusing to her, knowing they could still be at ease, that they didn’t have to talk about heavy things all the time – it was like nothing had changed… nothing had changed, after all. Nothing at all, except the fact that she could be more open with some of her deeper feelings, the ones she’d much rather avoid talking about. She built her walls the way she had for a reason, and even if he’d broken past most of them, and some of the more important ones… he hadn’t gotten through them all.

He agreed with her plan, catching the limp as her mind started to race. There was one piece of advice she’d always kept with her for the hunt. Heart on fire, mind on ice. She had to be able to think on the fly, but when it came down to it – this was instinct, and maybe even a passion. She loved the hunt almost as much as she loved winning fights. “I’ll do it.” She murmured softly. “Be careful and watch those legs.” She felt the need to add that – it was one of those things, those dangerous things, that she wanted to avoid.

She started to slip into position, sneaking along the side but still remaining downwind, careful with each step as she watched where she put her paws. She took her shelter behind a bush, lowering herself down to the ground as she prepared to spring, waiting for Kerberos to make his move and send the doe to her.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 09:23 PM by Maera.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
succesful hunting 3/4
He knew she would do it. She was always so eager to take the last blow on the animal and that was fine by him. He truly avoided doing it if he could help it. So having someone, an other half, who was eager to do the job was like a miracle.

"Hey, you be careful too." He frowned a bit as he watched her take place. Just like a snake, he slinked low to the ground, trying to find a good spot to ambush from. Kerberos was delicate in everything he did and hunting was no exception. His pale yellow eyes watched with care as the doe grazed. He kept checking to make sure a protective buck didn't come in to swoop her off.

The doe turned to face him a bit more and he realized this was a good start. Hopefully, with danger being visible in this direction she'd take off in the other. He launched himself forward off of his hind legs with a large bark. The doe wasted no time in trying to high-tail it out of there. With great cautionm he stayed close to her flank to try and herd her. "Legs, legs, leg." He kept reminding himself to watch them. How something could run in such a flailing way was a complete mystery to the tawny male.
(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 04:13 AM by Kerberos.)