(See All?) Announcements
609 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

Let's try this again — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Tyne Kersey

OCC! Set a few days after Tyne's readmittance to the pack on 1/6. Welcome to any GH wolves!

His reacceptance into Grizzly Hallow caused mixed feelings in the Kersey man. While he was glad to be back for Pips sake he can't say he was all that excited. He hadn't gotten close to any of the other members and didnt even know if they'd remember him. Who was he kidding of course they would he was one of the ones who abandoned them - and @Pip. It was understandable and Tyne couldn't blame them for it. He wasn't one to make friends easily any more. Over the last half year or so he had become hardened and closed off - developed into the strong silent type. So he didn't make much effort to seek out his packmates. Instead he stuck to what he knew best - hunting.

He trudged through the snow golden looking for signs of prey. His creamy limbs moved between the cedars with ease as puffs of air exit his nostrils. While he wasn't one to outwardly go look for interactions he wouldn't be opposed to one if the other initiated it. He figured it would happen eventually and quite frankly he wasn't looking forward to the questions. As he walked he thought of how the older Mizuno siblings could just up and leave little Pip. Well he wasn't really one to speak since he had done the same but he had left the three of them together not one alone. He decided he would try to find his age mate if he didnt find anything to hunt.

[Image: tyne_by_becuffin-dblzjdk.png]

For OOC preferences just check Moonshadow's profile
Played by Ace who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

Strangers were beginning to come a fact of life for the young wolf. Pack members seemed to come and go with the seasons, and it wasn’t quite as alarming as it used to be. Was he glad his papa had returned to the territory? Oh yes, he was very thankful to see Rook again. Did he miss Deacon now that the man seemed to have vanished? Yes, his silent disappearance left a stinging laceration in his mind. But these things no longer burned into him, no longer left the dizzying whirl of emotions. It was simply too exhausting.

If he had any memory of Tyne, it was fuzzy and vague at the very best. So the young Macieo approached the new member with only a small fraction of hesitation – he smelled like father, after all. If Veho accepted the older male into the territory, than the man had deemed him worthy, and safe, and Felix had no interested in doubting his dad. He offered the other wolf a small chuff, trying not to startle him, and a little wiggle of his tail. See? He was friendly!

“Hello,” he hummed softly, ears flicking forward. “You’re – you’re new here, right? Do you need help finding anything?”

Inactive No Rank
Tyne Kersey

OOC! Thanks for replying! :D

As luck would have it interaction found him. A soft chuff reached the charcoal dusted audits causing the large male to stop and look towards the orgin of the sound. A lanky grey form moved towards him holding a friendly pose. This was one of the pups, and by the sound of his voice it was clear it was the boy. While the Kersey male had been around when Felix and his sisters were born he had left when the were only a few months old. He doubted they would remember him and to be honest he didnt actually remember their names. The older man let his tail wag a few times in response to the boys greeting. It was clear by his words that Felix did indeed not remember the sea wolf as he asked if he needed help finding anything. A small smile broke on Tynes inky lips as the boy reminded him of the small pup his parents had after him. The reminder was more physical than personality for Tyne was taken when his brother was young.

He decided that he'd go along with the notion of him being new figuring it be easier than explain why he had left. "Uh ya. I was just looking for something to hunt. You know any good places?" While he knew the good places to hunt in spring and summer he had no idea for fall or winter. Since the silver pelted boy had been in the forest while Tyne was gone he could know where to hunt.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

Oh! He could help!

Felix’s eyes danced in the brief moment of excitement before it registered just what the newcomer was asking him, and, oh. Damnit. He’d had all of one hunting lesson with Deacon before the man had disappeared (and it really did sting, that sudden vanish, not a single word or warning), and quite frankly, a hunting lesson did not make a hunter. He had caught a hare for his mother that one time, but it had taken several attempts, and-- And—

He was getting stuck in his own head. Again.

Clearing his throat sheepishly, the young Macieo ducked his head down, offering the sea wolf a tiny nod. “I-- Yeah. I do. I’m not a very good hunter myself.” Frankly, he was hardly a hunter at all. “But I know where to look. I think. Oh!” The lad cut himself off, a puzzled expression clouding his features for a moment. “I suppose it depends on what you would like to hunt, yes?” Rabbits and deer lived in very different places, after all, and he really had no idea what this man was looking for. Or-- Where he came from. Or what his name was? Goodness, his manners were atrocious.

“I’m Felix, by the way. Felix Macieo. My dad’s, uhm… He’s the alpha.”

Inactive No Rank
Tyne Kersey

A smile tugged at the corners of his inky lips as he saw the excitement register on the young boys features. He had a soft spot for pups despite his closed off demeanor. His hard outer shell was nothing more than just that - a shell. Deep down he was still the friendly, kind wolf he's always been, he just doesn't want to get hurt again like he did with @Ayla. This situation wouldn't ever allow for such pain so the Kersey man allowed his guard to drop. The small smile grew as the small grey boy gave him a nod and proceeded to answer his question. He started off with him claiming not to be a very good hunter but he knew where to look. "Practice makes perfect" he added unsure if it was something Felix would want to learn. Then a puzzled expression formed when he determined that it would depend on what Tyne was looking for. "Hummm" he pondered for a moment. He was kind of tired of rabbits and maybe he could teach the boy how to hunt deer if they find a young one. "Let's say deer. You ever hunt em before?" He figured it wouldn't hurt to get a decent size meal. A small chuckle fell from the sea wolfs inky lips as the boy introduced himself. Felix - that's right. The tawny male gave a dip of his head when Felix claimed his dad. "I'm Tyne, Pip and I came from the same pack" he replied giving his relation to a pack member. He didnt think that would mean anything to the boy but can hurt right?

Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

Practice makes perfect was a good theory, but-- Actually, Felix realized, he had no reason to doubt the older wolf’s theory, at least in terms of hunting. He’d only gone after the big game once, and he had caught his mother a snowshoe hare after several attempts. Was that an example of practice makes perfect? Or was it simply the theory of continuous probability? Or rather, perhaps it was inappropriate to view his chances in that light, and it was a more discrete scenario with equal probabilities. Or, perhaps he needed to consider the circumstances surrounding each hunting attempt individually, and calculate probabilities from that, which would indicate—

Oh. Tyne was talking about.

Felix’s ears laid back against his head, tail tucking down as he realized he’d gotten lost in his own trail of thought for a second time. Ancestors, he did that far too much. “I…yes, okay. I know where to look. Deacon showed me once, before he left.” An unpleasant topic, and one Felix was happy to abandon, nodding over his shoulder as he indicated his packmate should follow him. They’d have to venture outside of Grizzly Hollow itself, but the were some deer in the forest. “Oh! Pip!” The smile returned. “I love Pip. She’s always very nice to me.” And a friend of Pip must be a friend indeed. “Maybe we should bring her something. I think if we go near the stream, we might be able to surprise something? Do you think we can manage, with just the two of us?”

Inactive No Rank
Tyne Kersey

His nonchalant statement seemed to get the young Macieo thinking. Golden eyes watched their mismatched counterparts as the pup mulled the comment over. The smile that Tyne wore grew ever so slightly as the boy realized he had gotten caught up in his own thoughts. The tawny man gave Felix a small dip of his head as to say its alright. He said he knew where some deer were and began to head in that direction. Tyne followed the boy and caught his mention is a Deacon and how he had left. It looked like the sea wolves weren't the only ones leaving. Felix's tone hinted at the unpleasantness that this Deacon character brought up. Noting that in case he ever met this guy Tyne left it be.

It wasn't long before the pup moved on to their mutual packmate Pip. He stated how he loved Pip and how nice she always was. It pleased the Kersey man that there seemed to be at least a few wolves in the hallows that liked the small mute. Since Tyne didnt know about what had transpired with Ophelia, he was beginning to believe that maybe Pip would be better off here...where she was loved. Now it was Tyne's turn to be pulled from his thoughts as the grey pup spoke again. He suggested they bring the small sea wolf something. It would allow Tyne a chance to check in on the female "That's a good idea." Felix then asked if they could surprise something by the stream. This Tyne wasn't sure of since he didnt know much about the forest when it was this snowy. The next answer was one he could answer though. "If we can find a fawn we should be able to bring it down." Since Felix was still a pup and just learning a fawn would be their best bet. A young predator and a young prey are an ideal pair. Its how Tyne's father had taught him. Golden eyes scanned the forest for any signs while is ears and nose went to work as well.

Inactive No Rank
Felix Macieo

Did that expedition with Deacon count? Felix made a thoughtful noise as he reoriented himself slightly, tracking the stream to the place where he knew the ice was broken. There was no guarantee they’d find anything, but if they were to locate something to chase, that would be the place to do it. He’d seen several doe there before. “Did you know Pip saved me and my sister from a moose this fall?” he asked, trying to fill the silence as they crunched through the snow. It wasn’t exactly a proud moment on his behalf, but he thought since the male was his friend’s family, he should share. It wasn’t like the other sea wolf could tell Tyne, after all. And if the positions were reversed, he’d want someone to tell his family if he’d done something particularly brave.

Which was unlikely. But the point was the same.

Felix drew to a halt behind some scrubby bushes, sticking his nose into the wind. It was blowing across the stream, and he realized it smelled like deer. Poking his head out, mismatched eyes found a pair of doe drinking at the water’s edge. No fawns, but the animals still seemed rather small. (Not like that moose, at least.) “Is this okay?”. he whispered, looking up at Tyne hopefully.

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 02:29 AM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: open bold tag )
Inactive No Rank
Tyne Kersey

OOC! Hunting demonstration 1/3

Silence hung between the pair as they made their way to wherever it was they were going. Tyne used the silence to listen and look for any scents that could prove useful. When the young boy spoke of Pip saving him from a moose Tyne's brows raised in astonishment, little Pip? "No I did not. That was very brave of her, I'm impressed" it wasn't a lie, the notion of the small omega doing the saving was pleasing. Maybe this place was good for her after all.

He was pulled from his thoughts when the Macieo boy stopped behind some small bushes. Golden eyes could easily see over the bushes catching the sight of two small does. They seemed young which would mean they're inexperienced. They also seemed thinner than the sea wolf was use to seeing. Felix's question filled the hunters charcoal dusted ears. "Yes this could work if we work together and use the element of surprise" he answered crouching down and keeping his voice low. He took another moment to study the pair looking for any weaknesses. It seemed things would be in favor for the hallow males. The bigger of the two deer seemed to have a gash on its rear right leg. That's the one they would go after if they did this right they'd be rewarded greatly. "Okay so this is what we're going to do. See the bigger one? She has a gash on her leg which will make it easier to catch. So if we flank them so that we're on either side of them you can start the chase and drive the injured one towards me. Once close enough I can jump out to bring it down." Golden eyes looked to Felix to make sure he understood. Once he did Tyne moved slowly away from the bush keeping one eye on the deer and one on where he was going. He moved to the left of the deer taking a place among the bushes to wait for the pup to drive their meal towards him.