(See All?) Announcements
239 Users Online
Google, Bing

Take a deep breath — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! @Moonshadow sorry to drag you into two at once >.< I had him finding her by the den.  If you want me to change it let me know.

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 206

Tagg’s paws felt like lead as he made his way back to the pack den, where he hoped he would find Moon.  His conversation with Kajika still fresh in his mind, the veteran didn’t want to wait any longer.  He was afraid that if he did, he might lose his resolve and the beta was more than right: Moon deserved this.  She deserved so much more.  Tagg hoped he could give her what she needed, but… what if she didn’t want it?

He was pleased when her scent greeted his nose, and relieved he didn’t have to go looking – or, even worse call – for her.  He disliked howling for his packmates, lest some other inquisitive ears come around.  “Hey,” he greeted her, tension releasing from his shoulders just from being in her presence.  Nerves still gnawed at his gut, but somehow he was less worried.  “I was wondering if you would come with me to the hot springs, and maybe later we could hunt? I have something I’d like to talk to you about.” He was past the point of no return now; her general curiosity was too great to allow him to chicken out without some wild story now, and he wouldn’t lie to her.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Ooo the talk!

The morning had been a pleasant one for the dark woman. She had allowed her self a few more moments of pleasant sleep than usual. Deciding it was probably time to get up she got up quietly as to allow anyone else still in the den to remain asleep. Stepping out into the crisp morning a yawn escaped her inky maw. Moon made her way down to the lake for a drink. The icy water did more than enough to wake her. Once her thirst was satisfied she made her way back to the den.

She hadn't decided what she wanted to do today, border patrol or hunt for the caches. Her thoughts were temporarily abandoned at the sight of her russet hero. Was he actually hers though? The technicality didnt ponder too long inside her for she was simply happy to see him. Her silver tail moved behind her with a fair amount of speed as she went to greet him. Padding over she gave him a nudge to his cheek "Good morning" she greeted back with a warm smile. While their last talk had turned a bit south that wouldn't mean she'd continue to act that way.

Her ears perked up at the mention of a hot spring. She didnt even know there was one around the cove let alone in the lore at all. Her tail picked up speed as she remembered the hot springs back in her old pack and how much she'd love them. They were actually what had kept her warm in the last few weeks of winter after she lost her family. Without them she most likely would have turned into a pupsicle. Overly excited she barely registered his offer to hunt which was okay seeing as she wouldn't mind hunting with him again. It was until her said he wanted to talk to her about something did she pause. Her curiosity was triggered as her mind tried to figure out what he wanted to talk about. She wanted to ask a million questions but knew the answers would come eventually. "I'd love to! Is everything alright?" She wanted to make sure she hadn't done anything to upset him again.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! PUPCICLE XD but didn't she have a talk with Kajika that morning too, before Tagg did?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 201

Her excitement at seeing him made Tagg feel a little more confident, but he didn’t want to just outright say it.  Not yet.  He needed… he wanted to enjoy this time with, just in case.  He couldn’t help the smile that graced his face when she nudged his check.  At her inquiry, he let out a breathy, nervous laugh.  “Yeah, yeah… it will be.”

He turned, heading towards the hot springs that helped him warm up on cold mornings. He didn’t talk during the walk, instead mulling over what he would say once they got there.  Maybe he would wait until they’d hunted- No. She deserves better.  Putting off wouldn’t do any good; it would only cause him more anxiety.  The sooner he got it out, the better.  And even if… well, then at least he would know, and Kajika was right.  Not knowing was worse.  

As they neared the hot springs, he turned to Moon, unable to help a mischievous grin as he gripped her scruff and pulled her into the heated water.  It was welcome after the chilly weeks they’d been having. He came up laughing and stood near the edge, shudders wracking his body as the cold air hit him.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Their talk was on the 18th and cuz he already told Tagg she hadnt said anything she's not going to mention anything. She may beat around the bush but not say specifics and I'm gonna keep it vauge since it just started. Oh and she ended up agreeing and going hunting with him from the last thread and I archived it :)

His breathy laugh let her on to his nervousness. What is he nervous about she wondered eyeing him. She decided to keep quite with the questions and let him move at his own pace. This however proved more difficult as they walked her rusty hero remained quiet. Her mind mulled over what could possibly have him acting this way completely oblivious to the obvious. She had never experienced this kind of love before so there was next to no way she would know. She say how in lover her parents were but had no way of knowing what they felt inside - the warm fuzzy feelings, the butterflies, the overwhelming want to always be next to them, them being the cause of each others smiles. Nope all she had to go off of was how they acted around one another. The external show of love.

The walk to the hot springs was fairly quick and the ebony woman was surprised she hadnt come across it before. A smile broke onto her face as she was pulled from her thoughts with warm air blowing through her fur. Tail wagging wildly she welcomed the warmth. She trotted ahead of her russet companion to the edge of the warm water. The heat seeped into her toes - a feeling she hasn't felt in a very long time. Moon looked from the water to Tagg as he came up next to her. He was smiling, but was that - it was too late. Silver eyes failed to recognize the mischief in his grin before he reached over and pulled her down into the water. Being completely caught by surprise the midnight she-wolf put up no fight and went tumbling into the spring. The hot water rushed her fur soaking it completely. She looked back up at him in surprise. "What was that for?" She asked trying to be mad but couldn't help but admit it was kind of funny. Now if they were at the lake that would be a different story. She stayed in the water not daring to leave for the chilled winter air would not be pleasant. "You had better get in too." She warned with a mischievous smile of her own. There was no way she would be the only one facing the chilling wind soaking wet. She would drag him in there if need be.

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2017, 07:26 PM by Moonshadow. Edit Reason: Add ooc input )
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 574

Though she was trying to sound mad, Tagg could see though his companion’s façade.  He laughed and shrugged. “You were dallying.” Which is what you are doing right now. He reminded himself.  Though he’d be thankful to the frigid air to give him a reason to be shaking, the russet man slipped back into the warm water, grinning cheekily.  “Yes ma’am!” He teased.

Don’t get distracted.

He couldn’t put this off.  She was bound to be dying to know what he wanted to talk about, and it would be rude of him to keep her waiting.  He took a deep breath to steady himself, closing his eye for a brief moment to decide what to say.  He had to pick the right words.  Finally he looked at her, using her silver gaze to ground himself.  Ironic, really, considering how her eyes so resembled the heavenly bodies of the night.

“I know it hasn’t been long…” His voice cracked from nervousness, and he cleared his throat before trying again.  “I know it hasn’t been long, and I’ve only been back for a relatively short while, but-” He paused again, thinking hard about the confession about to fall from his lips.  He took yet another deep breath and smiled apologetically.  “Sorry, I’m just really nervous.  The truth is, I’m scared most of the time.  I’m good at hiding it, and sometimes I can even convince myself nothing’s wrong, and that everything is just fine.  But it’s not.  I’ve been through so much I’ve forgotten what it’s like to not be scared.  I’ve forgotten how it feels to go to sleep and not be afraid I’m not going to wake up.  I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have nightmares, or wake up snarling.”  

The words fell out in a gush, and Tagg suddenly found himself unable to stop them.  His words were true; it was another reason he’d delayed moving into the pack den for so long.  “Even back here, when I knew I was safe and had nothing to fear, I was defensive and terrified.  Until… Until you.” The last two words came out quieter than the rest, more like a breath, as his voice failed him for a moment. “You make me feel safe.  When I’m sleeping near you at the pack den, when we’re hunting or being silly or just sitting together I feel… whole. Like everything that has happened just falls away and things are normal and that everything is going to turn out alright.”

This was it.  This moment right here.  His instinct was to look away – he couldn’t bear to see the rejection in her eyes when he finally spit it out, he was so scared – but he didn’t.  Her gaze held his, and he didn’t force them apart.  “I care. About you.” His sentence was choppy.  He blinked and looked away, shaking his head.  “No no no, I can’t do this.  I can’t lie to you.  You deserve better than that.” He looked back into her eyes, bracing himself against the pain he thought was coming. His heart pounded in his ears, filling every fiber of his being.  It was hard to catch his breath, hard to focus.  He felt light-headed.  His legs felt weak, shaking.  He took three or four rapid, deep breaths and hoped his lungs – or his voice or his body, for that matter – didn’t give out on him.  “I-” It came out as a soft whistle and he tried again.

“I love you.”

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2017, 07:56 PM by Tagg.)
l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Aaaaaaannnd there it is!!!

She rolled her eyes and gave a friendly sneer at him remarking that she was dallying. She knew she had not, in fact she was the one that got to the waters edge first. That didnt matter though for the water was warm and she probably would have gotten in to some extent on her own. She laughed at his 'yes ma'am' as he wadded into the spring. Her large limbs walked until they could no longer touch the bottom. She swam about for a bit unaware of the extent of his nervousness. It wasn't until he started to speak again did she swim over to shallower waters. She came up to the russet man and gave him her full attention.

Just how nervous Tagg was became apparent to the young woman. She gave him a warm smile to help encourage him and show that she was there to support him. He spoke about how he knew he hadnt been back long and how he still feels unsafe. Concern flashed in her silver eyes as she hadnt known he felt that way. She wanted to move to him to comfort him but decided against it to allow him to finish. "Until you" those two words sat heavy with the female. Me? She thought surprised. How could she - her confusion was cut short as he elaborated that she made him feel safe - whole even. This time instead of her just her cheeks growing warm she could feel her whole face, and it wasn't from the hot spring. She held her smile and her gaze. His next sentence came out choppy. "I care. About you" the familiar tickling feeling rose within her asher happiness grew. It filled her to the brim threatening to burst her because she knew she cared about him too.

Fear and confusion filled her once more as he said he couldn't do 'this' and that she deserved better. What on earth was he talking about? Now feeling lost Moon studied her companion closely. What on earth could have him acting this way? Deep deep down in her subconscious the midnight woman knew what was coming. Her subconscious had been aware of it for a while now and her conscious would soon also be made aware. "I love you" the three magical words that every girl wanted to hear - and guys too. Now his behavior made perfect sense. They hadn't talked about it before so he wouldn't know where she stood. To be quite frank if someone had asked her where she stood other than Tagg at this moment she would have been completely unsure. There was something about then and there that just clicked. Her mind became aware of what her heart had known since their first encounter. "I love you too" Her smile grew and her body wiggled with happiness as she practically leap out of the water and on to him. She adorned him with kisses and yips of excitement. "Is that what all this fuss was about?" She asked calming down enough to face him again but happiness still clearly there.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! So gaining a mate lp can't be claimed until after they've had 5 threads individually, so Tagg isn't going to ask yet ;)

Word Count: 322

There.  He said it. Out loud, to her.  There was no going back now, no explaining away with silly excuses, no more hiding.  He felt sick, like he was going to throw up and then die, then and there.

“I love you too.”

He had been so certain of those words’ impossibility that it took his brain a moment to process the fact that he actually heard them.  “Wait, wh-” But he didn’t get to finish, because she had jumped on him and he was shoved under the water for a moment.  He popped back up, spluttering, and found that Moon was jumping all around him, showering him with kisses in her excitement.  When his mind caught up to what he was seeing, he thought he might explode from happiness.  He returned the attention, his thoughts white with joy.

She loves me too.

When they settled down, a question was asked.  His ears flicked back in mild embarrassment.  “Yeah…” The sudden release of tension had him feeling light-headed, and his butt smacked down on the stone bottom of the spring as he sat hard, not wanting to collapse.  It took a second for blood flow to return oxygen to his brain.  He grinned at her, knowing he must look ridiculous but no longer caring.

She loves me too.  

So much was suddenly different, like the entire world had shifted but nothing had been right until this moment.  Tagg had finally found the missing peace. With feeling returning to his legs, the scarred man stood and nuzzled against his dark lady’s fur, licking her cheek and ears affectionately before mischief kindled in him again.  He stood up on his back legs, placing his front paws on Moon’s back and shoving her back into the water before springing away – well, the best he could spring while standing in shoulder-deep water.  He directed several splashes her way, tail wagging so hard it almost hurt.  But he didn’t care.

She loves me too.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Well this would mark #3 so xD

She caught his confusion at her words and giggled when she pushed him under. Ha payback she thought to herself. She wouldn't say out loud so that he can do the same to her. Nope she wasn't really feelin' having her face freeze as well as her body. Finally able to contain her excitement the ebony woman settled down enough to ask her question. "Yeah..." He answered her almost sheepishly with his ears flicking back. She giggled and smiled at him "You feel better now?" She asked moving to lick the dripping water from his face. He stood and moved towards her and nuzzled into her midnight pelt. He licked her ears and cheeks affectionately causing that familiar hum to resonate from her. The warm and fuzzy feeling sent another wave through her body from his touch.

Yes she loved him - this is what love was. It all made sense now all her feelings when she around him and even when she wasn't. The way she remembered her parents acting around one another now made sense to the young woman. This man, her russet hero, was now everything to her and she wanted to spend the rest of her days by his side. Having been wrapped up in the moment she failed to notice the mischievous look on Taggs face. Her eyes had been closed and she was still humming when she felt her back being pushed into the water. Silver orbs flew open as a surprised gasp fell from her maw. She then saw him bounding away the best he could in the deep water. She could hardly be mad at his antics for she was just as likely to pull the same stunts. These two were two peas in a pod. Laughing she bounded after him fully inclined to bring him down. She moved easier through the water for it wasn't as deep for her. She reached him in no time and pounced on him nipping playfully at his ear. She was truly happy, for the first time in her life.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 262

Energy like he hadn’t felt since he was a pup was coursing through Tagg’s veins, like if he didn’t let it out he would explode.  “Better? I feel amazing!”  And he did.  If everything he’d gone through was so he could meet the woman playing in the warm water with him – well, he would do it all again.  All the bad was worth this moment of good.

His heart swelled as he realized this moment of good wouldn’t end.  She loves me too. He couldn’t get that thought out of his head.  She was so precious already.  She was his, and he was hers.  And if that thought right there wasn’t some sort of miracle, the russet man didn’t know what was.

He was pulled from his thoughts by her paws on him and her teeth playfully nipping his ear.  He turned his head and snapped just as playfully back at her, but he didn’t have the angle to reach her.  He fell sideways into the water, hoping that maybe she’d overbalance.  The unfortunate fact was that she was bigger than him, and therefore less likely to get a face full of water.  To be fair, she had done a lot of face-planting in the snow recently.

It took the veteran a moment to get his feet back under him and stand back up.  He pulled himself out of the water and shook out his fur, shivering in the cold air.  “Fancy a run?” He asked through chattering teeth.  A run would be the best way to warm up and dry off without dying of hypothermia.

"Speech"  Thought

l