(See All?) Announcements
875 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora, Baidu

the good things about plastic flowers — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
For @Leotie but others are welcomed to hop in, let me know if you want anything changed!

He had been meaning to talk to the age-mate woman. Kerberos figured it was time to get better acquainted with everyone in the back. The male figured he already had a few good bonds and she was next. Soon he'd have to approach Naira and Triell. That respectable duo was his leading pair now. He had big dreams of becoming a diplomat or scout (maybe both, who knew) so he'd certainly need to earn their trust and tell them about his desires. It also reminded him he wanted to chat over with Maera later, after this meeting with Leotie probably.

With a gentle huff, he looked around for the tawny woman, calling out her name casually. "Hey! Leotie? You around?" He smiled and his tail swayed happily behind him. Kerberos would understand if she was busy with the den or marking borders and he'd let her go. He would gladly offer a helping paw if that was the case, though. While he had taken a fair amount of initiative in setting up their small home there would always be more to do.

He thought he caught her form, he guessed it could have easily been @Naira or Treyah also. "Just wondering if you had some time to talk, if not I'm willing to help out with whatever needs to be done."
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Much of her morning had been spent collecting what she could find to put in the den to soften the floor where everyone slept. She had already made a few trips to gather some pine needles which would be softer than other things. Others in the pack had been marking the borders and there were others hunting but they needed some cushion in the den. Not only would it be more comfortable but it might also help to hold the warmth from their bodies in and since it was rather cold that was necessary.

She was on her way back to the stand of trees she had been working from when her ears caught the sound of Kerbs voice calling to her. It was faint so he was far away from where she had finally stopped. Turning she went to meet him along the path she had been taking between the trees and the den.

A smile crossed her features as he came into view. “I do have some time to talk,” she answered his question, “What did you want to talk about?” She asked curiously.

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2017, 05:09 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He was eager as she addressed she did have time. A large grin took over his face and yellow eyes lit up with happiness. "I was just curious about getting to know you more." He casually shrugged. "Because, ya know, this is all official now and everything so figured might as well start getting to know each other better." His tail swayed happily behind him. For one who was always so chatty, he wasn't sure how to start a conversation all the time. Once it got going, well, that was a different story.

The tawny man took a seat not too far away to be able to chat with her and look at her. Kerberos was very much a man who was dependent on body language so it helped to see the whole wolf in conversation. Let him know if he might have said something wrong, offend them or said the right thing and made them feel welcomed.

"Guess I could start." He chuckled softly before beginning to speak. "I haven't been in the Lore too long and I came from way south of here. Lived in a little valley by a river, was super pretty!" His tail thumped against the cold ground showing his pleasure already.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Kerb had found her between trips and wanted to talk which was fine by Leotie, a rest wouldn't hurt and speaking with him was setting she'd been needing to do. It seemed he had the same idea and wanted to get to know her better as well, this brought a smile to her features. “I completely agree getting to know your pack mates is important.” It was unfortunately a conclusion she had come to too late where the bend was concerned. She was sad about that but she couldn't go back and fix it now, maybe one day but until then…

With her new pack though she didn't want to make the same mistake so she sat back on her haunches to settle into the conversation. He too sat down before stating he could start and then told her a little about where he had come from. “It sounds like it was pretty there,” she commented on the place where he had come from, “What led you to coming to the lore?” She asked curiously.

Since he has shared about himself she felt it was her turn to share, it was fair after all for them each to share and ask questions. “I came to Oak Tree Bend a little over a year ago and before that I lived in a place that wasn't too far from the Lore,” At least she didn't think her humans den was that far since she had found her way to the lore pretty easily.

(This post was last modified: Jan 26, 2017, 12:50 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
It seemed that Leotie agreed with him. Everyone in his home had been very close and played a role in everything that happened. He missed that closeness and hoped that he could somehow recreate that feeling in Charred Ash Draw. He'd already made a bond with Reiko, even counted the boy as a friend now. While his bond with Triell wasn't very strong Kerberos still respected him for all the experiences he was giving Kerb. Kerberos also held respect for Naira since she was a leading lady now and Triell's mate.

He puzzled her question for a bit. "Well, actually, my adoptive dad kinda kicked me out without me or my mom knowing. He made it seem like I was setting out to start my own pack but I have no interest in leading." He shrugged and offered a polite smile to let her know it wasn't a tender spot for him. "I'm content to just follow others." He wasn't mad at his dad, wasn't upset that he was in an unknown place with unknown wolves. Kerberos was actually grateful his dad pushed him out into the world. If he had still been back with the Clan he would have never met Maera or any of these wolves he now called friends. The world worked in mysterious ways Kerberos had found out.

"What was that like? Oak Tree Bend I mean." He had a lot of questions but wouldn't overload her with them just yet.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She was glad that Kerb felt the same way about getting to know their pack mates and she hoped the others felt the same way. She thought that if they all knew each other well then they would be a stronger pack. They would care more about each other and it wouldn't just be loyalty to the alphas and the pack that kept them together. They could be more like a family and perhaps that was what she was looking for since she had lost her family. They were a pack now so things could only get better in the future.

As he spoke about the place he had come from she wondered what had caused Kerb to leave a place that sounded so pretty. He didn't answer her question immediately but she didn't have to wait long. She nodded, “That was very wrong of him to do that to you and separate you from your mom. Did he even have a good reason to push you out like that?” Kerb also made it perfectly clear that he was happy to follow the lead of another. “I can understand that,” she told him. Maybe someday she would feel like she could lead but at that moment she didn't think she was ready. She was glad that she Triell as her leader once more and happy that after he had given the lead to Serach he felt up to it once again.

Her rank mate was curious about the bend which she didn't mind sharing, “Well it was my first pack so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It was a nice place to live though and I learned a lot and everyone was really nice,” she told.

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2017, 05:08 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Her question was met with a soft shake of his head. "I think he was just upset that my mom and I were so close. Not to mention he wanted me to take up his throne or become a guardian and I wasn't really into either of those things. My mom was pretty relaxed and was fine with my choice as long as I had manners and some essential skills." He softly smiled as he stated the whole issue that had gone down back at the Clan. "I think I turned alright and my mom would be proud. That's all that really matters to me." It was obvious he was still very close with his mother even after their separation.

His ears perked as she spoke about this Oak Tree Bend place. He didn't exactly understand what had driven her to leave..perhaps he should ask. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, what made you leave such a nice sounding place?" His head tilted very slightly and his eyes showed a bit of curiosity in them. It seemed they both had left enjoyable places. Kerberos had to wonder just how close their leavings had been, though. Was she too ushered out or was the choice her own?
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She was curious why Kerbs adoptive dad would do such aa thing as separate him from his mom by causing problems for him to the point he had to leave the pack. The more that he spoke about it the more that she felt her rank mate had a point. “I think him not liking how close you and your mother were makes the most sense,” she agreed, “He had those plans for you and it could even be that he didn’t like the fact you didn’t want to do what he wanted you to do.” She shrugged thinking he had probably gone through all of it in his head. Still it was a very wrong thing that his adoptive father had done to him.

He returned the curiosity of why Leotie had left Oak Tree Bend which Leotie didn’t mind answering the question. “I felt that it was time that I left. I had learned too much there but it was getting to where I was becoming too comfortable and I knew there was so much more that I had to learn. In order to do that I realized that I couldn’t stay. Triell had always been helpful to me so when he offered for me to come along with him and his family I accepted his offer. I felt more comfortable leaving with him than I did on my own.” She left out the part of what had happened in the bend since she didn’t feel that it had any bearing on whether she went or stayed. Though she had been worried about what would happen she knew Serach was capable and everything would be okay, it was just her time.

(This post was last modified: Jan 26, 2017, 12:49 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He was content to move on from that topic. While it didn't bother him talking about it, it did make him miss the valley and his mother. She had been such a kind woman and he never understood why his 'father' didn't like him being with her. Wasn't family supposed to be close? Granted his real dad was never around but he would have never known the difference if one of the elders hadn't ruined the secret one day.

The Rigel listened to her story with interest. So Triell had also come from this Oak Tree Bend? Which left him to assume all of them had come from Oak Tree Bend. "I don't want you to take this the wrong way but," He paused trying to think of the best way to ask. "Are you gonna leave us when you feel too comfortable here?" He frowned softly and his eyes grew a bit sad. While Kerberos obviously wasn't close with the female it would be a shame to see her disappear with time. He was no stranger to others leaving but he was an emotional boy, what more could you expect? He got sad when it happened and couldn't help it if even the thought of it ate away at him. Maybe that's why he clung close to Maera.