636 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nori

And one again after the fall — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Killi who has 33 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox
turn around and take my hand

The roar of the falls rang in his ears. He followed it through the forest. and as the thundering water grew louder and louder, his heart leapt in giddy excitement. The beast had seen many rivers in his short years of life, and none of them had held the same powerful sound, a sound that echoed through the trees. He moved at a smooth lope, almost silent, deftly dodging trees and leaping over thorny bushes and fallen trees. 

It was not long before the forest yawned open and a river appeared. He turned to lope along the worn deer path that followed the river until in the distance, he could see the enormous cliff from which cascaded an unfathomable amount of water. At a run, he closed the distance between himself and the waterfall. The roar drowned out all other sound. The singing birds fell silent. The wind became nonexistent. Atlas stepped into the frigid shallows of the water at the base of the falls and craned his thick neck to stare at the water crashing down towards him. Full of exhilaration, his eyes widened and he smiled, his tail wagging at his heels. This, was one of nature's most exquisite wonders.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 08:47 AM by AtlasNytrox.)
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He had told @Naira that morning that he might be taking a longer than usual trip out east. If anyone asked about him he was sure she'd mention it.  While her bodying may be failing some days her mind still seemed well intact. At least, as far as he could tell it did. Perhaps she took one of her plants or sticks to fix that. He would like to learn from her how exactly those plants worked. In the warmer months might be a better time to seek such advice, though.

As he traveled through the woods he realized the sound of moving water grew louder. With his curiosity in full bloom, he kept going onwards until he would get to the source. It seemed he wasn't alone either. A large male who was covered in hues of dusty gray, black and cream was in the water. Kerberos stayed back a safe distance to watch what exactly the strange loner was doing. Wasn't the water cold? It was loud too. The crashing falls and the way the water moved. The Draw wolf was content to linger in the background. Perhaps he'd go unnoticed and could simply move along on his little trip. Granted this may have been the Ancestors presenting an opportunity to him. He'd stick around for a little bit longer and decided if nothing happened in a couple of minutes that he could be on his way.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox

Though Atlas had only placed his front paws into the shallows, the sting of cold crept up his legs and froze deeply into his chest. He knew that once he withdrew them, the icy air would sting horribly. Today, however he was willing to take that risk. He had always held a love of the water, and he did not care how cold it might make him. Jn fact, had the weather been more forgiving, he may have taken a swim in the river just below the falls. But that would be taking it too far.

Over the rush of the falls he did not hear the approach of another presence. Several moments passed, his mind in quiet reverie that quite contrasted with the uproar happening all around him. Still, he must remain aware of his surroundings, so he tore his gaze away from the crashing water and found another canine looking in his direction. There was so much noise, and so much distance between the pair of males that instead of addressing him with words, Atlas attempted to make eye contact with the agouti wolf, then gestured with a flick of his head as an invitation for the stranger to come closer. It had been a long time since he had spoken with anyone. Hopefully, the other wolf was not timid, but instead friendly enough to join him.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
It seemed the stranger was enjoying the water too much to bother looking. Kerberos was completely ready to leave. But just as he went to turn around the large male caught sight of him. The tawny man wouldn't be rude. He noticed the way the other invited him through body language. He waited a moment before slowly approaching the water. While he tried to get as close as possible, he didn't allow any part of him (not even the very tip of his toes) to touch the cold water.

Kerberos tried his best to be polite and offered the man a smile. It was obvious that there was no point in trying to talk over the rushing falls. Perhaps the large male would be interested in getting out of the water soon. Then they could distance themselves from the loudness and have a proper conversation. At least Kerb could only hope that would be how this little meeting of sorts went.

He slowly planted his rear onto the cold earth as his eyes looked around the area. This may have been the closest to the mountain he's ever been. The temptation to climb it and see from so high up (perhaps even see what laid on the other side) was there he never took the chance. Maybe once Reiko and Treyah hit their first year he'd conduct a little birthday trip for the three of them. Or just two if one of the children were more keen on going than the other.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox

The stranger seemed reluctant to approach, but he did nevertheless, choosing a spot as far from Atlas as he could without being unable to hear him. Atlas honestly did not think this aversion was aimed towards himself, but rather to the water, with its unending noise and power. Sensing this, he removed his paws from the water and winced as the winter  air sliced into his front limbs like millions of daggers.

He faced his counterpart, sympathy in his mahogany eyes. Want to go for a walk? he asked bluntly. It's loud here. We couldn't have a conversation. I've just never seen the falls before. Have you? With one last look at the mighty waterfall, Atlas brushed past the agouti male and headed upriver. They would need to travel several yards before the sound abated and granted them the peace to have a normal discussion. Assuming the other male was close behind him, Atlas looked over his shoulder briefly and addressed him once more, this time with a voice and an introduction. My name's Atlas. And he continued forward, hoping the stranger would respond by revealing his own identity.

(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 11:59 AM by AtlasNytrox.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
It appeared that the male knew what Kerberos was thinking. The young male watched as the stranger removed himself from the water. Surely they must be freezing from the air making contact with the water. Kerberos smiled at the offer. "Yes, actually. I'd really like that." The smaller male followed after the larger one. He made sure that he was keeping up pace and staying by his side.

As they kept walking the falls crashing grew fainter in the background. "Pleasure to meet you Atlas. I'm Kerberos but you can call me Kerb. Sorry about me not getting in the water. Just a little nervous is all." Kerb offered his kindest smile to the man. He could only hope the other would understand. Besides, Kerb saw no desire to get in water in the winter unless absolutely necessary.

"What brought you out here? Just the falls?" He kept his voice friendly to let the other male know he meant no harm with his questions. Kerberos couldn't help it if he got curious with new wolves. "If it makes you feel better, I've never seen them before either and I've been around here for a bit." He chuckled softly. It seemed The Heart still had many surprises waiting for him.
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox

Kerberos heeded the suggestion and fell into step beside him, easily keeping up.  The roar of the waterfall grew ever softer as the pair of males distanced themselves within the forest. Kerberos was apologizing for disapproving of the water. In return, Atlas lifted a brow and shook his head. No need to apologize, he spoke, his voice gentle but carrying his usual low tones. It probably wasn't the most intelligent thing to do, putting my paws in the water. Because I'm damn cold now.

Once they had traveled far enough away that only a whisper of the falls remained to be heard, Atlas halted. He sat back on his haunches, eager to get to know the stranger a little better. He seemed kind and thoughtful, qualities that Atlas liked to see in others. When asked what had brought him to the waterfall, the dark beast canted his head to one side and shrugged his broad shoulders. I heard the sound from the woods. I just followed it until it lead me there, explained Atlas. To tell the truth, the falls are terrifying. Wouldn't want to get right above or below them. Water was a strange thing. So vital to life, yet so deadly under certain circumstances.

I can smell other wolves on you. Is your pack close by? 

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

Kerberos smiled as his worries were washed away. The large stranger had a rather kind tone. Not one that exactly Kerberos was prepared to hear from such a large man. "If you would like to we could find somewhere to rest and I can help you stay warm for a bit." It was the least he could do. The Rigel wasn't about to let some loner die from the flu or freeze to death when he could have been kept warm.

"I wouldn't either." He mused softly to agree with the male. While the sight might have been amazing, it sounded far too dangerous for Kerb's liking. He loved adventure and loved to explore but putting himself in that type of situation didn't sound like the type of adventure he was looking for. Maybe that's why he felt content to drift away from the falls some.

His ears perked at the mention of a pack. His pack to be a tad bit more specific. "We're not too far. About a day trip west depending on how fast you are." Kerberos offered the information freely. It wasn't like a loner could do much trouble to a pack, right? "I know life as a loner can be rough so if you ever need a place my pack is open. We could use more members to help out and the such." He tossed a glance to the silver male. "If you're interested that is."

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2017, 08:19 PM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Atlas Nytrox

Kerberos offered to assist in finding a place for Atlas to warm up and rest. The peppered wolf only shook his head to the kindhearted offer. "I'll be fine, he said gruffly. Unless they came across a cave or an abandoned den, there was little hope of warming up any time soon. Atlas did not suffer, as the chill was slowly fading away. Whether this was because his fur was beginning to dry, or because he was growing used to the augmented cold, he did not know.

His question about Kerb's pack seemed to cause the other male to perk up a little. From what he said, the pack in question was not terribly far. The information Kerberos gave was vague enough that Atlas probably could not have located his pack, whether or not he had ill intentions towards them. And of course, he did not. What the agouti male offered next caught Atlas by surprise. This time, he lifted both brows above widened mahogany eyes, curious and interested. That might be good, mused Atlas simply. He was silent for several seconds, looking at his paws thoughtfully. When his decision had been made, he returned his gaze to the male walking alongside him.

"Mind if I travel there with you?" he asked. "I've been looking for a pack. It hasn't been easy, like you said." It was difficult for Atlas to admit that he had not done well as a loner. Doing so might paint him as a weakling. He was sensitive to others viewing him as anything less than powerful. Strong. "I'd appreciate it."