(See All?) Announcements
275 Users Online
Adora, Bing, Nash, Google, Aquene, Jadon, Eros

star of the morning comes looking — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He had been meaning to check up on his age and rank mate. The dark tawny male had noticed her paw but hadn't said anything about it yet. Perhaps now was the time to do so, though. As he was heading in towards the den from his patrol he let out a low woof to alert the others he was back, in case anyone was around instead of working. But he did have one wolf in mind of course.

"@Leotie?" He peered around. "You around?" He let his tail wag in a friendly manner and his face take on a kind smile. It was natural for him to try and look approachable because he didn't want anyone to think he wasn't. Kerberos knew his face could hold a natural sad look when he wasn't chatting or socializing. His mother always teased him about it but he knew she meant well when she did. He still had to wonder if that teasing was what made him always try his best to seem like a ball of energy. Kerberos wondered how many wolves truly knew that he could be an emotional boy. He was just so tender and made himself vulnerable, he couldn't help it.

Shuffling his paws in the dirt he would wait a few more minutes. If she wasn't here maybe he'd go off into the woods for food or just to explore. "Wanted to check on you." He called out a little softer as if it was some secret. Surely the others knew and saw her injury but he didn't want to make her feel bad by pointing it out.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Rest was needed but she didn't think it mattered where she had it so instead of going to the den she curled up in the snow a short distance away. Her foot had been paining her quite a bit that morning so she felt it best to keep off it for the day as much as she could. Giving it as much time as she could was probably best for it if she wanted it to heal. The agouti woman felt badly she couldn't do more for the pack but in order to go back to her full duties she had to accept laying around for a bit. She'd been dozing when the wood from Kerb reached her ears, he was back from whatever he'd been taking care of. That was a comfort to know he was home safe and sound.

Leotie found herself worrying about her packmate more since she had been injured, what if the same thing happened to them? She didn't want any of them to ensure up in the same situation she'd been. They may not have a Lyris to come and help them home of course she wasn't sure what she would do in her current state. Still it was probably something she was taking out of proportion, they all could take care of themselves. Leotie knew this but she also knew she was able to take care of herself too and had still gotten hurt.

The sound of Kerbs voice reached her once more as she heard him call out her name this time. She lifted her head and tilted it to the side curiously wondering what it was that had him looking for her. The next words she heard reminded her of the look she'd been given and realized this was about her foot. “I'm over here,” she called to him so he would know she'd heard him, “If you would like to join me you're more than welcome,” she called back to him a moment later. She didn't mind his company at all and in fact enjoyed speaking with her rank mate but she thought it best she remain where she was.

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2017, 08:17 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Healing 1/3

He heard her call out and let out a sigh. Good, she was safe and not working on her paw too much. He made his way over and picked to lay down closer to her. His tongue reached out to respectfully lick her chin. "How're you feeling Leotie?" He smiled and let his tail thump against the ground. The male's pale yellow eyes glanced over her form to make sure nothing else was injured. "Naira might have something that could help with any pain. She's always chewing on those sticks Not sure what they're called but maybe I could find one for you." He laughed softly. The older leader was wide in knowledge so it came to no surprise that she knew what was a healing stick as opposed to a normal stick. Maybe he'd go out and find a few for her to make sure her stocks were full.

"Mind if I look? I wasn't really a healer but my mom gave me tips in case I ever hurt myself." His nose hovered over the injured paw as he tried to get a better look. The snow seemed to be helping with any swelling. Kerberos hope she had cleaned it some. He was unaware of what plants to use but perhaps he could do the more instinctual things to help her. "Have you been cleaning it after working?" He questioned kindly as his eyes glanced to look up at the blue-eyed female.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 10:26 PM by Kerberos.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

After expressing he could join her Leotie waited for Kerb to appear and when he did he laid next to her. He gave her chin a lick which she returned before asking how she was. “I'm doing okay, it hurts a bit today,” she admitted not wanting to put in a facade for him. He seemed to really be concerned for her and it wouldn't be fair to not tell the truth. “I should ask her and see what she might suggest but if you're willing to find one for me I would be grateful.” She wouldn't pass him up on his offer especially when she felt he genuinely wanted to help. She found his concern for her nice and she welcomed it happy that he had come to check on her. She rather liked Kerb and felt he was becoming a good friend to her.

His request to look at her paw was met with a shake of her head, “No, a second opinion would be helpful,” she said with a smile. She was glad he was willing to look at it, “Do you think it looks good?” She asked after giving him a moment to look it over. She still worried about how well it was healing even though she thought it was going okay. Leotie met his gaze when he asked about her cleaning it, “I have been trying to keep it as clean as I can,” she confirmed, “Do you think that is enough or should I be doing more?” Though he said he wasn't a healer he seemed more knowledgeable than she so Leotie was hopeful he could give her some advice.

(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2017, 09:57 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Healing 2/3

His lips formed a small "Oh" as she addressed it hurt some today. He slightly moved some snow to expose the paw more. "Mm, let me look at it then I'll go grab a stick for you, deal?." His nose gently touched her paw. He was careful not to apply force in case it would hurt her more.

His tail wagged softly as she asked him how it looks. "Certainly better than other injuries I've seen. One of my elders was a real clutz. He always bumped into branches or stubbed his paw into rocks at the river." He giggled softly thinking about the old man. Kerb had to wonder how the old fella held up this winter. Surely his mother was taking good care of him just like she did with everyone else. "You seem to be doing a good enough job. It doesn't look infected and there isn't a smell." He shrugged with a smile. His tongue briefly licked over the wound before he rose to his paws and headed into the den. Seeing a lone stick (that he had seen Naira with), Kerberos quickly grabbed it. He trotted out of the den and set it down in front of Leotie. "If Naira gets upset or doesn't have another stick just tell her I took it for a few bruises or something. I'll set out this evening to get her more from the grove." He went back to laying near her and simply watched the female. He was more than content with being this helpful.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

After telling him that she did have some pain she didn't stop him from looking at her paw and instead watched as he moved some of the snow. “Do what you need,” she told him, “I don't know very much so a more experienced hand is appreciated. It's a deal, I will be here when you get back,” she said with a soft laugh. She wasn't planning on going anywhere until it was time to bed down for the night. When he touched her paws he did not cause anymore pain to go through it. That was a relief to the agouti woman so often in the past days small touches had caused her pain. She took this as a good sign that it was getting better.

Since she had little experience with wounds like the one she now had so whatever he could offer her good or bad would be helpful. However she couldn't help but smile when he said it looked better then some he had seen. “I hope this isn't my beginning as a clutz,” she commented jovially, “But it is a comfort to hear that it's looking better than some you've seen.” It had been a stupid accident that she still kicked herself for every time she had pain in her foot. She did tell him that she was making sure to clean her wound as often as she could and especially after she had been working. “I'm relieved to hear that, I feel like it's getting better slowly but it's the first time I've had an injury so I'm not sure what to do or look for.” He mentioned a smell which caused her brown to raise, “What do you mean by a smell?” She asked curiously. Even though she didn't have that she didn't think it would be a bad idea to know about it for the future. “I will be sure to let her know if she asks. Do you think she will be angry?” She asked hoping that she wouldn't be. Leotie didn't like the idea of taking one of the alphas sticks but at least now she knew what they were for. She also supposed it wasn't too bad since Kerb said he was going to get another. “This,” she indicated her foot, “Isn't hurting the pack too much is it?” She asked the worry she constantly felt clear in her tone.

(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2017, 11:49 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Healing 3/3

He laughed softly. "Wish I had listened more when my mom was giving healing lessons, then I might be more experienced." There had been a few young newcomers who learned from his mother but he had been the only child for her to teach. He had been her only child, in fact. Kerberos wondered if he'd ever have any siblings and if one of them might be the child his adoptive father always wanted.

"Well," He paused and looked her over. "In the case that you do become a clutz me and Naira can take care of you." He offered her a kind smile. It was nice to know that she was keeping up a positive mood despite being a bit injured. Luckily it hadn't been much more than a cut. "Maybe once spring rolls around I can learn about plants more. Prepare for any injuries through the warmer months." It sounded like a good idea if he did say so.

She asked about what he meant by smell and he puzzled slightly. "So, uh, you know how dead and rotten things smell funny after a while? Well if something is really infected it might have a smell and need to be cleaned out better." He figured that was the best way to explain it if you haven't experienced it first hand. "And I hope not, but if she is, oh well. I'm taking the blame so you have nothing to worry about." He laughed softly and made sure she didn't need anything else.

His head tilted to the side and he smiled softly. "Not at all, Leotie. No one can prevent every accident and no one blames you for getting hurt. Things happen and we all understand. If there's anything that needs to be done that you can't do till that's healed just ask me. I'll gladly take up the job."

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie smiled, “It’s unfortunate we can’t see into the future and know what we might need to listen to more. If we could then you would have known.” She had often thought about his, had she known what would have happened she could have been more careful and not stepped on the rock. There were many things that had she known the outcome she might have approached it differently. Leotie had come to terms that she would never know who her parents were but sometimes she could help wonder what her life would have been like had she known them. She only gave that a moment’s thought as it was all she would allow anymore before returning to the conversation.

She did laugh a little as he spoke about her becoming a clutz and shook her head, “That would never do, No one would ever get anything done. I think if I did become one it would be all very bad.” She laughed a little more at the image that came into her head as she spoke the words to Kerb. “I have thought that perhaps scout wasn’t the role for me and that maybe I should take up medicine but then I don’t have any idea who I could learn from so maybe I should stick with scout.” While Kerb and Naira both knew a little about it she didn’t know if it was enough or how much more there really was that she would have to learn. Did they know someone with the knowledge she would need? It was a lot to think about but she looked to Kerb, “You on the other paw, I think you would be very good. At least you have been very good during this trying time of mine.”

Leotie had become curious about a wound smelling, it didn’t sound very pleasant to her but she did feel that it was something she needed to know in case things changed for the worst for her. She of course hoped they didn’t but she didn’t want to take any chances. She nodded to show she was listening as he explained to her, “Well, let’s hope that doesn’t happen here but now I know what I need to look for just in case and in future.”

Leotie was worried about what impact her injury was having on the pack, she hoped that it was a negative one but she thought to ask Kerb. She knew he would tell her the truth and he did. Not only that he was reassuring, She nodded, “Thank you Kerb, I’ve been so worried. With so few of use and so much to do I didn’t feel that we could afford for me to be hurt especially when we have only just recently claimed these lands as ours,” she explained before laying her head against his neck. He truly had become a good friend to her even though they had only known each other a few short months.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 03:21 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

"Wouldn't that be weird, though?" He chimed softly. "I feel like everyone would have everything they wanted if that was true. Then what would we be living for?" His words showed his obvious curiosity with such an alternate world. Kerberos couldn't even wrap his head around being able to see into the future. He had heard stories of fortune tellers, but they were just that. Stories. Maera even told him how the ancestors talked to you but he didn't think that was exactly the same thing. He assumed maybe it was as close as anyone would ever get, though. Perhaps it gave others some sort of comfort to think there were things they could do to prevent the bad things and help the good things happen more.

He shook his head. "It wouldn't be good at all, but I wouldn't mind entirely." He chuckled before offering a kind smile. "Oh yeah? We have a few surrounding packs I think. I ran into some as a loner before meeting you and the group. Could always see if they would teach you something in exchange for some food." He shrugged his shoulders lightly. "Probably best to do in the spring or summer, though." That way there would be both plants and meat to be exchanged in larger quantities. "I've thought about learning more about being a medic but I guess I'm in the same dilemma as you. But thank you." He kindly nudged her shoulder.

"You should be fine. Been a few days? I'm assuming if it was gonna get infected it would have done so by now. You're also taking good care of it so the risk is limited unless you go romp in mud puddles and smelly, gross things." He laughed softly. Kerberos was aware she wouldn't go do those things but it was funny to think about it.

His ears perked at her thank you. "It's what we do as a family. Take care of each other." At least that was what he had been taught as a child. "Could you do me a favor, though? Doesn't require any tough physical work." He welcomed the presence of her weight on his neck. It would keep him warm while they chatted.