(See All?) Announcements
786 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Bing, Nori

you know the bottom can't be found — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Any CAD wolf is welcome, but special mention to @Triell.

Things had gone well with Leotie. Better than expected, actually. Now that he had fulfilled his promise to her and this new pack was fully settled, it was time to make himself known to whoever it was that led them. The information of their presence had initially been shared with his grandmother and Renier, but since Elettra's death he had ceased in sharing such things with his pack mates outside of his sister. Only @Attica would know that he was here now, but that did not make it a secret. It simply was not worthwhile going out of his way to involve the more volatile ranks while they lasted.

So he was here completely on his own accord, standing a distance outside of the clearly marked boundaries of what Leotie's pack considered to be theirs. The landscape was incredibly curious; he had not come to this part of the Wildwood before. The still-scorched remains drew him in. He liked the way they looked, the way they smelled. The draw was inviting, a natural path his paws itched to follow so that he might see more, but in place he remained. Maybe one day, he would be able to traverse these grounds, but certainly not today.

Tilting his head back, he sent up a howl, and summoned the leaders of this pack.
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
-casually tosses Kerb in- Guardian demonstration 1/3

He hadn't been back from the Grove for too long. With a brand new stick for Naria, he felt rather accomplished. He still had the want to climb that mountain. Kerberos knew it wasn't smart or kind of him to go scale it when he had promised to be home the next day. So here he was, caging himself in the borders for a bit.

Kerberos had been lazily laying by the den, gnawing on what was left of half a rabbit he had shared with Reiko. He was content to watch downhill for any sight of someone. Instead, he saw no one. No Maera, Leotie, not even their explorer Treyah. His ears perked at the sound of a howl. As he stood he set aside his little rabbit for later and made his way to the borders. While the call had asked for a leader, Kerberos saw nothing wrong with attending the call. Better to not keep a guest waiting.

He called out to the large man with a soft bark. "Welcome and good day. My name is Kerberos, second of Charred Ash Draw. Anything I can help you with?" He offered a friendly smile and wave of his tail. "I know you called for the leaders but figured it best to not keep a visitor waiting." He softly explained his reasoning for showing up.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 09:53 PM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Kerberos' bark drew the waiting Archer's attention fully, pale grey eyes regarding him as he made his approach. He was young, and smaller than Sven in stature. Bright, attentive yellow eyes peered out from amongst a myriad dark canvas, but most notably of all was the aura of utter amiability. Just as @Leotie had exuded. The boy was slightly caught off guard by it, though he wouldn't allow such a thing to be expressed across his features. He had to wonder, briefly, if maybe Willow Ridge was just uniquely magnetic to troglodyte natures. Maybe the rest of the world really was much friendlier, much softer.

But this wasn't the leader; the man introduced himself as the pack's male beta, polite and open with his words. Curious.

"I'm Sven Archer, from Willow Ridge. We're your neighbors to the South. I wanted a chance to introduce myself, and get to know a bit more about you all," he explained evenly, before a wider, charming smile spread over his features, "welcome you to the area, so to speak."

It was hard to know if this was even usual or not. In all his time alive, the Ridge had never had to deal with a new pack springing up. All he knew was vaguely of the history of Grizzly Hollow's revival. Yet the general knowledge and relationship that the Ridge had established with those around them led him to believe that it certainly wasn't custom to ignore a new presence.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Guardian demonstration 2/3

The man was polite and friendly. He wondered if meeting Zerxes would have gone like this had Maera not been - he paused. She had every right to be the way she was. Kerberos would not judge her one bit more.

His ears perked and a more warm, friend-like smile filled his face. "Sven? Leotie has spoken of you to me. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine." His tail swayed behind his form happily. "I'm also familiar with Willow Ridge, well at least slightly. I hunted with Renier while I was still a loner. Respectable man." He nodded his head softly. This was a present surprise indeed. "So your welcoming is appreciated greatly, Sven." A smile tugged on his lips. The male was younger but was as polite as a true gentleman. Kerberos liked him already.

He looked around briefly. "I'm sure one of the Alpha's will join us shortly. But in the meantime," His eyes fell back on the large, pale Ridge wolf. "I'd be more than happy to answer any questions or even go get Leotie for you. Sure she'd be happy to see you here." His words were genuine and kind. "Her paw is a little sore but doing check-ups on her tells me she's fine enough to come out here. If she's not lurking about somewhere already." He chuckled at his own words. Who knew what the blue-eyed second was up to.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 09:54 PM by Kerberos.)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

The sun's rays beat down on his dark coat, and he soaked in the heat for a change. Taking the moment of quiet he had stolen for himself. The draw felt like home, except he missed a few faces. A quiet huff, he rolled onto his back, staring at the vivid, blue sky. He knew he could not have it all, but it didn't keep him from wanting. You're thinking too much, he chided. Someone beckoned for the leaders of the Draw. Another member already? Only one way to find out...

Getting to his feet, he began easing down the incline, not too far off. Minding his footing as he went.

Kerb's voice was easily heard, something about Alpha shortly, and Leotie being happy to see their guest. He still didn't know what to think of this call. At least it seemed it was one of the better kind of visitors. One who had respect for the homes of others, and likely a friend of a friend. If only it was all so easy.

Eventually, his fiery gaze spotted the pair at the start of the draw. He let out a short bark to announce himself, his tail slightly above his haunches to signify his rank. Briefly, he let his eyes fall upon the white wolf as he came to stand next to Kerberos. It took a twitch of his nose to tell him he was young, from the willows, and no doubt a pack wolf. "Kerb beat me here, so sorry you may have to repeat yourself." There was an easy smile. "Triell Tainn, leader of the Draw, what is I can do for you?"

Triell Tainn
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
this whole thread is basically sven acting as a scout so this would be dem post 3/3

The man repeated his name, and the recognition was clear within his voice even before he elaborated. To hear that Leotie had not only told others of him, but referred to him as a friend, made him feel a small warmth spread behind his rib cage. It wasn't that he was more to used others muckrakeing his name, but rather he wasn't aware that anyone ever found him something worth while to talk about at all. He'd certainly had the feeling that Sahalie had never really shared their friendship with others, but maybe that was an unfair assumption on his part.

The tidbit of this Kerberos already being positively acquainted with Renier was also very useful to know; the Ridge already had a good impression with more than just Leotie. Wonderful.

The offer to fetch his new friend was tempting to take up, and of course Sven wouldn't mind the chance to chat with this man either, who seemed open and talkative enough. This certainly wasn't a stingy, withdrawn pack, he was pleased to find. Yet before Sven could speak to either suggestion, a third wolf joined them, and something about the man immediately struck him as vaguely familiar.

Then he said his name, and Sven couldn't help the surprise that passed over his face.

"Sven Archer," he reiterated, "from Willow Ridge. You're all from the Bend, then? You're Sahalie's dad?"

This was not at all what he had been looking for, and honestly a part of him had reservations about breaching the subject at all. Yet he needed to know, what the hell had really happened, and why wasn't she here with her father?
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Guardian demonstration 3/3

Before much else was said between the duo it seemed Triell had arrived. A bark signaled he was here. Kerberos let his tail wag behind him softly and offered a polite nod to his lead male. The Rigel man silenced himself and let the two discuss. He'd hang around for a bit more just to see what might happen but he assumed he wasn't really needed for much else.

His ears stayed perked as Triell introduced himself and Sven reintroduced himself. But there was something that hadn't been said yet. Sahalie. Who was that? Triell had other children? He supposed it might have been from a previous litter with Naira. Not to mention Sven knew about the Oak Tree Bend that Leotie had recently told Kerb about. Well, the tawny male assumed it was the same Bend. Kerberos was now fully interested in hanging around unless he was asked to leave.

He kept silent and waited to see wait Triell would say. It wasn't like they kept anything hidden from each other here. Right? Everyone seemed fairly open from what the young male could tell. Granted he also saw the world through (as his mother said,) rose eyes. He never really understood what she meant but as he grew older he assumed that it was likely about how he saw good. Kerberos only saw good because he didn't want to believe there was evil out in the world.

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2017, 04:40 AM by Kerberos.)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

The Tainn didn't understand the reason for surprise to light the white wolf's face. He didn't think is arrival should be the cause. The young man introduced himself, and asked two questions. Then it all made more sense. He must be another friend of Sahalie's.

The dark wolf could not help but swallow from the tightness of his throat. He had no idea where his daughter was only that she was with Spieden and Alastor. Somewhere safe he hoped taking care of each other. It pained him that he truly did not know. "I am from the Bend, but we met Kerberos here," fiery eyes looked to his second who seemed interested in what was being said. His gaze swiftly returned to their visitor. "I am Sahalie's father, but she isn't with us." He wished she was, and it was easy to see the pain in his gaze. He was just one huge disappointment to her. Still he felt the need to explain not only to his daughter's friend, but Kerb. There was a lot to tell. "I'm not sure how much you know."

"You see Sahalie's mother disappeared when she wasn't even days old, and Spieden, my co-leader of the time took care of her and my son Drift. Became their real mother. Not long ago she was challenged, lost leadership and she became driven by fear, and fled. Hal, and her friend Alastor went with the woman and her other cubs to help. Where, sadly I don't know. In her state the lady wanted nothing to do with me or my help." He had thought about trying to pursue, but was sure it would only make the bad situation worse. His daughter's words still branded in his brain. How much she had scolded him like a silly child.

"Sahalie wasn't happy with my idea to leave Oak Tree Bend to help in the first place.  But, when she left I felt no reason to stay either. Especially when Naira,my mate, feared the worst too. The new female leader was not very fond of her or I. With our two children to think about we decided it would be best to go despite my nephew being the other leader. It seemed the two of them were mates or likely to be, furthering the complications of staying." He tightened his lips in silence, letting the two take it in, ask any questions should they feel the need. Triell had a few regrets, but living here with was not one of them. Even with all the damage he wanted to repair.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2017, 11:33 PM by Triell. Edit Reason: Alastor not Kino )
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Triell confirmed that Sahalie was not with this new pack, and while Sven had pretty much been able to decipher that himself, he realized he'd still be holding out hope that maybe she really was so close, as the words were deflating to the teen. His ears leaned back as the man spoke the words, 'I'm not sure how much you know.'

"Nothing," Sven whispered miserably. He had come here with confidence, but now that had been stolen from him as he hung onto each word Sahalie's father spoke like a child.

The loss of leadership he did know, though it felt to be a trivial detail with the amount of alpha turnovers the boy had experienced his whole life. None of them had been the cause of departure, except-- fear, Triell said, and he remembered how both Nicolo and Morganna had claimed that the other had threatened their future litter. But even then... Well, it didn't matter why Spieden had acted the way she did. What Sven cared about was Sahalie and her reasons, and while he struggled to step out of his own narrow, loyalist mindset, he could still see why. Once more, it was necessary to compare his friend's adoptive mother to his nonna. He could never imagine Elettra having run in fear from anything in her life, but if she had?

It pained him to think of it at all, and it did not clear up the mixture of ideals battling within his heart.

That they had left out of fear too did not make him feel better, but did help him to feel hopeful that Sahalie's reasoning was good. After all, he could clearly recall how nervous the one subordinate had been around Aponi, as though afraid the wolf would go off violently if displeased. It did not bode well for that other situation... that this woman who so inspired mistrust was quite possibly the mother of his estranged sibling.

Still, where the hell had she gone? Why hadn't she come to him, to the Ridge? Sven had to shake his head to try and stop the racing of his thoughts. There was a million directions, from hurt and mistrust to hope and empathy, sadness and yearning and judgment and understanding. He couldn't make sense of it, and he wished more than ever that Sahalie was just here to explain it all herself.

"Okay," he murmured, before raising his gaze and saying it once more, firmly, "Okay."

This wasn't why he was here, and this wasn't going to solve the dissonance it all had created within him.

"Thank you. I... Sahalie meant a lot to me," he attempted to explain, vaguely aware that past tense had slipped onto his tongue. That was how he had always learned it was, though; once they left, they only came back once to make it clear that they'd never had a good reason at all and then they were gone for good. It had been that way with his mother, with Hecate, with Angier and Niles, with Morganna... Renier was the only one to have stayed, and that was only thus far. He wanted so dearly to hope for more with Halie, but he was torn as he knew fully well how much it would hurt if she proved to be no better than the rest.

"I never expected her to just disappear."

He cleared his throat, ears picking up as he tried to regain his composure.

"I'm sorry. I didn't come here to dredge all that up."