(See All?) Announcements
603 Users Online
Google, Bing

the voices — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---

It had not been an easy trip by any means. The weather did nothing to help and when Nimble wanted to rest she made it rather evident by picking a spot and settling down. BoJack had done his best to look around where they would stop. He was not one to so eagerly wish to settle down but with a lost young wolf with little to no memory by his side, he had no option. So they had left the north and went south. It was a direction that the large male knew well. He had usually avoided ever heading south but he didn't have much an option.

Their luck had risen in time, though. A place that harbored willow trees and a pack. At least that's what his nose was telling him. He lightly nudged his company with a smile. "Think we found something good finally." It was evident that he was genuinely happy. No sign of those fake smiles he'd have when Nimble would whine or complain. "You can relax if you want, I can probably do much of the talking." His eyes looked ahead as the neared the borders. BoJack slowed his pace to a stop when they were about a wolf length or so away. "Just remember to be respectful. If you're not sure what to do you can follow my lead. Alright?" He was sure she might be miffed that he was giving her so many directions but he was just hoping for the best. He was so exhausted of wandering and wondering when the girl would be taken care of or remember something.

He tilted his head to the sky and let out a low call, announcing their arrival and that they wished to speak with the leaders of the pack.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
guardian dem 1/3

It had been a long, long time since they'd had an outsider howl at their threshold. Sven's ears lifted to take in the tune, stopping mid-stride to listen to the request laced within. It asked specifically for the alphas, but that did nothing to deter the Archer heir. He moved swiftly toward the source of the call, paws greedily devouring the distance between them. When they were found, the teen approached at a trot, head and tail held aloft with confidence.

Every one of his senses worked on gleaning information about the two strangers, and when he realized they did not smell of pack, his hopes were lifted that they might be striving to add to their numbers. The Ridge was more desperate for membership than he would ever want to admit, and while they weren't about to pick from the dredges, he doubted a man who could care for a child on his own was without his skills. Even if she herself was mostly a liability, it wasn't as though the Willow dwelling wolves were wanting for food nor full up on youth.

Maybe she would even be a friend for Attica.

"Sven Archer," he introduced, strides drawing to a close as he came within conversation range. "What's your business?"
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
from the darkness into the light, now is your time
Phoenix Avalon

She couldn't shake the feeling she was going the wrong way. South had only felt right until the trees closed in and once they had she couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped, tugged two ways. If she dwelled on it too long her head would ache and she would grit her teeth and drop to the ground. Bojack seemed to take this as a sign the girl was tired but it wasn't that at all. She couldn't explain the reluctance, the burning need to be... somewhere... but where? That was the real question.

As the scents of strangers crossed her nose she baulked, though her companion kept on walking. Just what he had in mind she wasn't sure and so it was with measurable trepidation that she gave herself a small shake and set after him. His howl set her heart to hammering, managing little more than a nod when he said that he would be able to handle it. What she hadn't been prepared for was the stab of pain that would lance through her head as the white stranger approached, "You got fat," leaving her lips unbidden as her aching brain went into a tail-spin.

No, no, no! wrong! wrong! wrong! Too much dark, not enough pink, although there was still an instinctive reaction of revulsion that came with the ghost of a face. She clenched her eyes shut, gave her head a shake and tried to get the dark face with yellow eyes that chased the first away off the back of her lids, the echo of a familiar laugh out of her ears. She fell to the snow, paw reaching up to press over the barely healed wound that sat over her temple. Her whine was low and she tried to shuffle backwards. Why wouldn't this pain go away?

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2017, 03:49 AM by Phoenix.)
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
Mature Language!
It didn't take long, that was a good sign. A large white male who called himself Sven Archer. A little young to be leading perhaps? BoJack didn't discriminate as long as they got the job done. But before he could even utter a word his dark companion spoke out. He was utterly shocked. His jaw hung open and his eyes were wide with disbelief. Everything completely collapsed before him. She was having one of those very bad moments.

"Oh shit." He cursed and stared down at Nimble. She did not look good at all. Her whine did not do anything to soothe his worries. "I'm so sorry, sir." He felt himself panicking more than ever. "I-I don't know what's going on." He scrambled his mind for any reason to why she would not only call someone fat but also proceed to melt into the ground. What did he do? Focus on the child in pain on the ground or explain himself to the young male? He looked between the two. "I found her lost up north at the tail end of someone attacking her and she doesn't remember shit. I've been traveling with her till she remembered something but no luck. I call her Nimble and I'm utterly terribly sorry." He said it like that was his name. "I needed someone with better medical training to look at her and I'd be willing to pay it off." He looked to Sven before looking at the mess of a girl. "This is embarrassing and I feel awful." He sighed. Of course, BoJack of all wolves on the face of the planet would be stuck in a situation as perplex as this.

"She needs some kind of help and if you don't take us both will you at least take her for a bit? I'm begging." His head lowered and his tail tucked. Part of him was wishing he'd never went down into that crater in the first place.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
guardian dem 2/3

Of all the things that could have been said, Sven would have never guessed that was going to leave her mouth. The words stunned him, pale eyes widening in shock as they pinned onto the young girl. He didn't know what to find more alarming; that she spoke of him with familiarity, her obvious pain, or that apparently he was fat.

The man was quick to splutter to her defense, explaining the situation rapidly. The more that was said, the more of a mess it seemed had landed on their doorstep. So much for the easy, convenient circumstances he'd been hoping for. Amongst all of this though, it didn't pass over his head that the stranger thought him the alpha. He had called for the leaders, after all, but still the youth felt a warm spread of pride in his chest that the man would so easily accept Sven holding such dominance.

"Not my call," he informed the man. The words were almost bitter on his tongue at this point, but for now they were the truth, "and our medic isn't home. She should be back within the week, however."

Had he known the girl at all, he might have attempted to comfort her. As it was, he remained in place, silver eyes watching her. As far as he knew, @Ravenna was the only one trained. He doubted @Enoki, @Nicolò nor @Renier had any knowledge on how to help.

Tipping back his skull, he beckoned for the alphas once more, this time with a note of urgency. If these two were to be turned away, it might as well be swiftly so that they might find someone who could help them.

"Hang in there, alright?" he spoke neutrally to the girl, after.
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2017, 05:47 AM by Sven.)
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
The shadows on my wall don't sleep

It was hard these days to remain at the Ridge, in the company of willows. There were not any place in the borders that needed immediate attention so he gave himself a chance to wander along the snow covered Fireweed Rise. His intentions were to find food. While he doubted there was much appetite, it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand for when it returned.

Sent to work looking it was not long when the howl of a lone male rang for him. It was quite strange, hardly a regular occurrence. It surely wasn't Deacon. Forgetting his tracking, he threw himself into a run. This would be interesting...

On his way Sven's voice sounded more urgently, and he kicked it up another gear.

The willows came into sight, and his gold eyes searched swiftly for movement. He had to get a little closer to see there were three wolves gathered. Sven, the only familiar. Inwardly, he was pleased to see he had not kept them waiting nor their home unguarded. A low chuff, he came to stand beside the pale wolf. Sight holding briefly to the dark male, until it lingered on the girl. It was plain to see something had happened to her. He did not speak, figuring he would be clued in soon enough.

(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2017, 10:40 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
Permission granted from Becu to say that @Phoenix/Nimble is still on the ground in pain holding her head. @Sven @Renier

BoJack
Don't you wanna see a man up close?
A phoenix in the fire

He was upset with the male's answer. Not his call? Hadn't he called for the leaders? Did this boy think he was being helpful by wasting his time? It was obvious BoJack was upset but he wasn't exactly angry. This Sven guy had just been doing his job. Neither of them knew that Nimble was gonna throw out insults before hitting the ground. There she was still. On the ground in pain and he could do nothing about it. He was beginning to think she was a lost cause but he'd still keep her around. At least till the snow was gone.

Then someone else appeared. An older and more colored male. There was nothing said so BoJack took it upon himself to speak. Maybe this time he'd actually be talking to an alpha. "I found her up North after she'd been attacked by someone. She doesn't remember anything so we've been traveling around." He looked at Nimble as a frown etched itself onto his face. "She needs help, please. I'll stay and pay off our debt if it means she can stay too and get some help. I have little medic training but I'll do whatever you ask. Hunt, guard, scout. Anything to help her with these pains." He had lowered himself and his voice had grown sad. The dark male was ready for this all to be over with.

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Phoenix  @Sven and I'm perfectly fine with them being moved along
The shadows on my wall don't sleep

The girl was in obvious pain, but his eyes held to the dark male as he began to explain actual circumstances.  He seemed honest, and eager to get the girl help with whatever means possible. Renier saw little reason for this to be a charade. The only question on his mind was why here? There were a lot of other packs, had they tried them? He didn't think the Hollow would have turned them away. He put a halt to his scattered thoughts. It was his call to make, and they needed to act fast. The right thing would be to help in any way. Why he could wish Ravenna was here, it wouldn't do anyone any good.

"I trust your words, we'll worry about details later. Lets get her to the medical den. I'm not an expert, but I've been taught a few things, and our medic has a good supply. There she can rest out of the cold." He made a point to walk over to the girl's other side to help aid her, and her companion for the walk ahead. His eyes landed on Sven, with a job in mind. "Will you go ahead, make sure there's a place ready for her?" He hadn't been in there since his talk with Elettra, and he wasn't sure the state it was in. Though he doubted Ravenna had neglected it, it had been while since a patient had stayed.

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
guardian dem 3/3

Sven listened to this Bojack recount his story after Renier arrived. The girl didn't seem to get any better during all the talking, Sven's pale eyes fixed on her. The tale didn't seem like something that would be made up, but he had to wonder what all was really wrong with her. Hopefully, she wasn't bringing anything to the pack that was transferable.

Renier accepted both their story and them, and that confirmed Sven's instinct that there was nothing to be suspicious about. So he disregarded such paranoid thoughts, shrugging them off along with the few flakes of snow that had gathered upon his shoulders. That seemed to be that; finally the Ridge would have some new bodies and while they may not prove permanent, they would at least help from through the end of the winter and possibly draw in more interest to the willow pack.

Ears lifting as Renier addressed him, Sven merely nodded at the request. He didn't much like the idea of messing with what he still considered to be Elettra's domain, but Ravenna wasn't present to do it and he couldn't let the memory of his nonna hinder him. So off he went, at a brisk trot back into the territory to do as was asked of him.