405 Users Online

Peace Offering — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Lunette @Tagg I am so sorry for the wait! Hunting post 1/3

She could see the hesitation in the silver yearlings eyes despite receiving a nod of agreement. Her silver gaze moved momentarily From the princess to her mate as he gave her a nod and a nuzzle. She returned the gesture with a small kiss before turning her attention quickly back to Lunette. "You'll do wonderful" the woman offered quietly knowing she probably wouldn't believe her but Moon would still try cuz it was truth.

With a smile to the girl the dark beta quickly moved off to the right into position. It wasn't long before the sound of Tagg letting out a short bark reaches her audits. The hunt was on, a snarl tore from her maw as she too revealed her hiding place. Charging from the brush mercury pools saw her mate separate the doe and fawn keeping the mother at bay. That left the fawn crying out in fear and trying to run to its mother away from from Lunette. That just wouldn't do, Moonshadow jumped in front of the fawn snapping viciously. The action turned her prey in the right direction. Snapping her jaws she drove the fawn towards the lake princess. Now it was up to her to make the final move.

Word Count: 212
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Burst effort to get this wrapped up? xD @Tagg @Moonshadow Hunting 2/3

Lunette Vuesain

I’ve got my love stuck in my head

"You'll do wonderful," Moonshadow said, and it brought with it a memory of a frozen lakeshore, of sticking her head into the dark, cold waters, snapping for fish. Of actually catching one of those elusive, silver-scaled shadows, its body a strange mixture of cold and clammy and warmth; life in her mouth. But most of all, it brought back the memory of Moonshadow's patient teaching, gentle encouraging, and pride when her pupil succeeded.

Much to her own surprise, it left her feeling a little better—not fit to accomplish anything in a hunt, but marginally less miserable. It wasn't enough to be called even a seed of courage, but it was something akin to it.

It did, also, make her want to run away even more, because it felt like pressure—accomplish, or I shall be disappointed. And she didn't know how to hunt. She didn't know how to say, your life is mine to take, and sink her fangs in, and, and, and

Tagg gave the call, sounding the start of their little improvised hunt. Lunette's terror deepened with the rush of adrenaline, her veins flooding, her spirit trembling like she was the one hunted, and not the doe fleeing from her child. It struck a chord she didn't want to dwell on, or admit, not when.. they didn't depend on her, but when she had asked for this, and she had something to prove, but she wasn't sure, what, and, Moonshadow made the fawn turn around, come dashing in her direction...

It was so tempting to just melt back into the shadows, let the fawn run. Instead, she gagged on her own breath and shot up from her position, tail up, ears forward, sudden enough to startle the fawn without actually doing anything—it bleated, panicked, before collapsing on the spot. Lunette stared at it in confusion, not comprehending what she was seeing. Prey wasn't supposed to just..fold up..was it?

But, as she heard the desperate cries of its mother, and watched the fawn's wide, wild eyes, she knew what it was going through. She could relate. She wanted to fold up and die, too.

Lunette froze.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! This is going on forever xD We can do this! Also, @Lunette I pped a bit... let me know if you want me to change it.

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 221

It didn’t take long for their trap to close.  Moon did a wonderful job of keeping the fawn from escaping them, instead forcing towards Lunette. Tagg couldn’t really keep an eye on her – had had only one, after all, and that was reserved for the doe nervously pacing several body-lengths away – but his ears were trained towards them.

He heard the pup move, and a terrified bleat from the fawn, then- nothing. There was no death sound.

Tagg snarled at the doe to warn her away, then risked a glance towards his hunting party.  His wife was still in position, ensuring their meal didn’t escape.  The fawn itself had simply collapsed, but it was still untouched.  Then what…

Then he saw her.  Lunette had frozen, staring at their prey with wide, frightened eyes.  Like she was the hunted instead of the ungulate in front of her. “It’s okay, Lunette, you can do this!” He called.

The sound of pounding hooves drew his attention, and he cursed.  The doe was headed right for him.  He let out two sharp, snarling barks, snapping at her instead of jumping out of the way. She veered away again, all her bravado stolen away by the hunter’s resolve. Tagg wouldn’t let her pass. The young princess could do this, he knew; she just needed the opportunity. 

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Lunette @Tagg wow I'm horrible I'm sorry! yes I'm fine with wrapping it up soon! <3 Hunting post 3/3
The small spotted fawn ran as fast as its thin legs could carry it. With her husband keeping the mother at bay the dark woman could focus on driving the fawn towards Lunette. Silver eyes watched not only their prey but also the spot where they had left the princess to hide. Soon enough the silver girl sprung up from the bushes revealing her hiding spot. She shot up right in front of the deer causing it to bleat with fear and collapse where it stood. Putting on the brakes the large woman halted her barking and came to a stop. Silver dusted ears pressed forwards as she watched Lunette stand there. She seemed to be frozen by a similar fear that held on to the fawn. Scared chocolate eyes were wide as they starred at the fawn on the ground. Concern arose within Moon as the seconds ticked on, could she do it?

Her mind went back for a moment to their fishing lesson and how the same look crossed the girls eyes before she killed the fish she had caught. There was something that just didn't settle well with the cove woman. The sound of Tagg's voice brought her back to the present. He was encouraging the lake princess, trying to reassure her that she could do it. Moon didn't think she could, not this time at least. The sound of pounding hooves drew her gaze from the frightened children to the mother that was trying desperately to get to her offspring. The russet Veteran was able to regain his hold on her and drive her back. Seeing no reason to help him she turned back to the fear stricken girl.

Taking careful steps towards the pair, Moonshadow lowered herself to try and help calm Lunette. "Lunette dear, its okay" she began speaking gently to try to help rid her of some of her fear. "I know you can do this but if you don't want to that's perfectly fine. No one is going to be mad or disappointed" she did her best to try to give the pup options. She wasn't about to force her into something that she didn't want to do. There would be plenty of other hunts, plenty of other opportunities.

Word Count: 377
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Hunt 3/3 of the Forever Hunt. xD

Lunette Vuesain

I’ve got my love stuck in my head

They were one and the same, the young girl and the young fawn—terrified girls in a world that was so much bigger than either of them could comprehend. The darkness swept in over them both. Lunette swallowed. The scope of her world had narrowed to just the two of them, Tagg forgotten, Moonshadow forgotten. There were only the two of them, and the potent fear linking them together.

“It’s okay, Lunette, you can do this!”

No, it's not okay. I can't do this. The round, chocolate eyes of the tiny deer stared back, mirroring her own. "Lunette dear, its okay," Moonshadow was saying next to her, a grim shadow above them both, even though she lowered herself slightly. The black woman gave her a way out. A free ticket to not be responsible, to crawl back into bed with her demons and pull the cover over her eyes. In the back of her mouth, she could already taste the fawn's blood, hot and warm and kind of salt-and-iron, but she couldn't find it in herself to put her teeth in its neck.

But if she didn't do it.. it would just get harder and harder. She'd starve. Everything she ate, with the exception of the occasional berries and roots, had once been alive—had once been afraid, just as she was always afraid. They had ran for their lives but they hadn't run fast enough; they had fought for themselves and their families, but they hadn't fought hard enough.

And every time she wanted to sink through the earth, to die on the spot because the weight of the world had already crushed her, no one came to kill her. No monster loomed from the shadows, and snapped its jaws shut on her neck, and gave her the easy way out she cried for. Lunette swallowed, and gazed at the fawn again. She could offer that mercy—a monster to kill her, to take her away from the fear she felt.

It seemed both backwards and acceptable. Slowly, the ice flaked off her stiff muscles, and she took the few steps forward, bent to touch her sharp teeth and warm mouth to the fawn's soft, soft fur. She felt like licking it, like comforting it, like saying something to it, but they shared no language other than terror.

With her eyes closed, Lunette plunged her teeth into its neck, through sinew and flesh and cartilage; her strong jaws drove deeper and deeper, through its windpipe, until the flow of blood became too weak, and the heart stopped in its chest. Silently, Lunette stepped back. It hadn't made a sound as it died. She didn't want to eat it. She wasn't hungry. She didn't care if she ever ate again. With a blank look in her eyes she wandered a few steps away, gazing absently in the direction of the Cove.

Once the adults had taken care of their meal—Lunette had little interest in it—the three of them picked their way back up the mountain, returning to their lakeside home.

She didn't even notice the blood drying on her jaws until much later.

[ The end. <3 ]
(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2018, 09:28 AM by Lunette.)