Peace Offering — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! I'm so sorry for the wait!

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 224

Tagg was pleased that Moon didn’t seem to be bearing a grudge against the young girl trailing behind him.  It was clear she was embarrassed and didn’t want to be doing this, but he was proud of the child for agreeing to hunt with him anyway. The longer they spoke, the more he felt bad for her. They had all cracked down on her rather hardly when she’d snapped at his mate.

He looked back as Lunette turned her eyes down after a failed attempt at a smile.  He snuck a quick glance at the dark woman he loved before fully turning back to the youngest Vuesain.  He hoped he spoke for both of them with his next words. “Lunette,” He began, voice soft, “you don’t have to feel guilty. None of us are still angry with you.” He hoped she would know what he was talking about; unless the two women had had some other altercation he was unaware of, the fight with the lynx and ensuing disagreement was the only thing that explained her behavior. “Blood runs hot after a fight; we were all a little testy. We have all had more practice keeping it to ourselves than you do, and that’s okay.  Everyone snaps sometimes.” Tagg shot a second glance back at Moon, emerald eye begging her to back him up.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! "Moonshadow was pretty in the sunlight" awww all the feels XD @Lunette

She was glad her smile didnt go unnoticed. Mercury pools watched as the young girl did her best to return the gesture despite it coming out as a grimace. The dark woman felt for the girl knowing that this must be difficult for her. It wasnt exactly a walk in the park for the beta either. As Lunettes gaze fell to the ground the ebony she wolf took a step forwards about to offer words of comfort but her mate beat her to the punch. Sharing his glance before he turned to the girl silver dusted ears pressed forwards to listen to his words. He began by telling her that no one was still angry with her. Another warm smile appeared as Moon shook her head in agreement. He continued on to say how blood runs hot after a fight and how everyone was on edge. It was true, not only does that happen under normal circumstances but after taking down the lynx everyone had left over adrenaline in their systems. Her russet hero went on to explain how they all had more practice keeping bouts of anger from bursting out and the woman gave another agreeing nod. When he finished she caught his emerald eye and saw the plead within it. "Taggs right Lunette. Everyone snaps sometimes, even if they have all the patience in the world. Its okay to snap as long as you're remorseful afterwards. And I think you've been remorseful more than enough. I'm not mad dear, I never really was. It was more shock than anythin'" she admitted with a kind tone. Her reaction had been more instinctual than anything really. Walking up the the silver girl Moon shadow gave a lick to her chin before noseing her shoulder. "It'll all be okay. Now let's quit frettin' over the past and focus on the now." She added moving away from the princess. Looking back to her love she gave him a wink and a smile. "So where are we goin' huntin'?"

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain

Lunette Vuesain

I’ve got my love stuck in my head

They were going to try to fix things.

They were going to try to fix the hot mess the whole thing had escalated to—what had happened behind closed doors, they couldn't know. She tried not to think of it. Tried to pretend it was only about Moonshadow and her.

Snaps. Was that what they wanted to call it? That's what they could call it. Had that been what she'd done to Moonshadow? Maybe. It hadn't felt like snapping. It had felt like saying hey, I can take care of myself, but apparently everyone had heard ur ugly get out of my face. And then.. yeah. She didn't want to think about it.

And saying I'm still angry at me felt counter-productive. If they wanted to make up and fix things, who was she to get in their way? This was more about her hating herself than them hating her, anyway. It had been a shock, and well, to her, too. Their reaction to her making some kind of stand for herself still burned in her soul, a mixture of shame and confusion, and she did her best not to blame them more than she had to.

Moonshadow stepped over to her and gave her a lick and a nudge. Lunette's ears flattened back and she briefly returned it, putting her nose to the corner of her jaw, showing submission in silence. "Okay," she mumbled, and if she sounded unconvinced, it could just as well be because she wasn't talking properly. She studied her paws a moment longer. "Towards the east," she answered quietly, not sure if the question was for her or for Tagg, but figuring she could as well answer, since she knew where they were going.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 217

It was with great relief that Tagg heard his mate’s agreement.  He’d been mildly concerned that she might be holding a grudge, but then again, he hadn’t fallen in love with her for nothing.  She was sweet by nature, something that would certainly come in handy come the birth of their children. He smiled as she spoke, watching Lunette.  She still seemed nervous, but that might just have been part of her personality.  He couldn’t be sure.

When that was over and done with, Tagg nodded to the youngest Vuesain’s answer. “I thought we could head towards Spectral Woods and see if we can find something bigger to bring back to the pack?” He looked at Moon, wondering if she was up for something like a deer.  He wasn’t sure about Lunette either, but he hoped the girl would tell him if she was uncomfortable with their target.  She’d been more than willing to join the fight against the lynx, after all.  A deer should be nothing.

Then again, she hadn’t been so nervous while facing the lynx either.  The russet man hoped the thrill of a hunt might help to pull her out of her shell and open up to the mated pair.  He didn’t want there to be any animosity between him and his packmates.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Gonna PP them getting to the forest if thats alright with y'all if not let me know @Tagg @Lunette

"Towards the east" spoke the pale princess when asked where they were gonna hunt. Silver eyes flickered from the pup to the russet veteran as he began to elaborate. Her loving mate said how he thought they could go Dow to the spectral woods and bring something back for the pack. Moons silver dusted tail swished behind her in agreement. "That sounds like a wonderful idea! Shall we get goin'?" The large woman asked as she turned east. A trip outside the cove was just what she thought would do them all some good.

The trip down the mountain was spent mostly in silence with the occasional comment. The dark beta did her best to keep her mood from souring. She knew how timid the youngest Vuesian was and knew how difficult this must be for her. While she would have normally walked along side her love Moonshadow did her best to remain somewhat close with the girl as to not make her feel left out. Once he trio made it into the forest Moon paused to take in her surrounds and get a brief lay of the land. "Anything specific in mind for our hunt today?" She asked as her mercury pools scanned the trees around them. All her senses were on alert for any sign of larger prey. With winter still holding the lore in its icy grip finding larger prey might be more difficult. But on the other paw it would mean the prey would be thinner and weaker making the take down easier.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
That's fine. ^^

Lunette Vuesain

Tagg elaborated on his plan, and Lunette watched the snow-dusted ground in silence. Something bigger. She was supposed to be able to hunt—successfully or not—small game already. She pretended that she did. She went away from the pack, but no one knew what she did. No one knew that she was a shit hunter, and if they left her alone, her biggest shot at survival was fish. She wasn't very good at it either, but she'd done it a few times. She'd had more success fishing than hunting.

Moonshadow seized onto the plan immediately, and Lunette's ears flickered a little. She wished she could get swept up in their excitement, let go in some way, and just bob along happily. Let some of their joy and love infect her, and ease the tension from her shoulders.

But nope.

She was stuck being a skittish, tense creature, who just nodded dumbly in the face of Moonshadow's enthusiasm and easily fell in behind them as they struck out east. She was silent most of the way, but her eyes were moving quickly, her heart racing, and her ears strained. They passed the borders of the Cove. They passed the old switchback trail leading to an abandoned den site. They took paths which, without question, lead them down.

They weren't supposed to have gone down. She didn't find the courage to protest. Instead, she stuck close to the dark woman. Maybe the bigger game Tagg had spoken of rarely came up on the mountain. She remembered the bull elk they'd chased way back then, but she couldn't fault them for sticking to the lowlands.

The steeper pass they'd taken down leveled out into the foggy, snowy-and-green foothills. They were still quite a ways up, not really down in the forest proper, but it spread out before her eyes—all the way to the distant horizon, where she thought she saw the slightest hint of low, snow-capped mountains. It made her heart race uncomfortably. She swallowed, and turned to look at the two adults. This was, after all, their area of expertise.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 203

Tagg talked over their plan with his mate as they walked, keeping half an eye on the girl trailing along with them.  She still seemed incredibly nervous, and he was starting to think that was a primary part of her personality.  It was possible that her behavior and courage at the lynx fight was just hot blood from having so many wolves battling an enemy in one spot.

As they reached the bottom of the incline, Tagg smelled something.  He halted and pricked his ears, sniffing the air and trying to locate it. The snap of a twig ahead caused him to lower his stance and sneak forward.  It was a doe and her fawn, still several wolf-lengths away from them.  That their talking hadn’t startled them was nothing short of a miracle.

The veteran turned back to his hunting partners.  “The fawn?” He whispered, nodding to the prey behind him. The doe looked too healthy to bother with, but the younger deer was still small and week.  It had been a heavy winter and a late spring, and it had clearly affected the lower lands as well. He hoped such a small target would help Lunette get over some of her nerves.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help. I'm drowning in myself

So sorry about the wait! @Lunette @Tagg

Her question was met with silence from the other two. Had see been looking at them she would have seen Lunette looking expectantly at them and Tagg focused on something else. It wasn't long though before the silence was broken by a twig snapping. Whipping her head around Moon's silver dusted ears stood erect atop her head. Mercury eyes watched the red form of her love crouch down and make his way towards the sound. Following suit the large woman hunkered down and turned back to the pup. With a smile she gave the girl a nod and motioned to follow her. Carefully creeping after her husband Moon shadow did her best to not make a sound. Coming up next to him on his blind side she allowed their fur to mix. The cove beta made sure that the silver girl had followed before looking through the brush. A doe and a fawn were easily spotted against the forest back drop. The hushed voice of her mate spoke asking if they should go after the smaller of the deer. "That sounds good to me" she replied keeping her voice low as well. "Love why dont you go to the left and flank them, I'll go to the right and Lunette, we can drive them towards you. Does that sound okay?" She asked looking towards the youngest. Moonshadow didnt want to push her into anything that she wasn't comfortable with so she gave her the choice to choose.

Word Count: 251
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
I'm a real fail-story xDD Hunting 1/3 <3

Lunette Vuesain

She was wallowing around in her misery, distracted by thoughts of the breathtaking, frightening world—too aware of her racing heart to pay much attention to the forest around them. The ground sloped gently, steeply at times, almost leveled out, before sloping again. Mountains. Had she been alone, she might've broken down into a fit of hysterical giggles before dashing home, head over heels.

As it was, she was with others, and was stuck trying to behave even though her body jittered and jumped. She kept her mouth half-open, but didn't register the scents. Didn't see much. The world was sort of..swimming in front of her eyes, dark shadows blooming and fading.

She nearly walked into them when they slowed, but caught herself from doing it at the last moment. Why had they stopped? Had they found something? She drew in deep, fast breaths, trying to keep them as silent as she could. The flood of oxygen cleared her mind, and her eyes, a little, to the point that she saw what the others saw. A doe and her fawn, still small from a not too distant birth. She didn't ask for it, but her mouth watered.

She stuck close to Moonshadow's tail, drifting behind them like a small ghost, until they stopped again, and the dark female breathed out a plan. Lunette considered it for a moment. It meant that she'd be sitting alone in the forest, waiting for the doe and the fawn—it meant she'd have to catch it as it came for her. She swallowed. She didn't want to say anything, so she didn't, just nodded.

This wasn't going to be a good day. She bit down on her trembling jaws to keep it from showing, and hunkered down in the underbrush. Watching. Waiting. Eyes on her target.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Hunting Post 1/3

Word Count: 203

Tagg’s suggestion of the fawn was met not only with agreement, but with a plan.  He nodded to his wife and glanced back at Lunette, who also silently agreed. He nuzzled Moon’s cheek briefly and offered a smile of encouragement to the girl behind them before sliding off to the left to sneak around their prey. He was impressed with his mate’s attention to detail; she’d sent him down the side where he could have his good eye facing their prey and the bushes where he knew she was also hiding.

Tagg waited a few moments to give Moon time to get into position, then let out a sharp bark and charged forward, plunging between the doe and her offspring to separate them. He nipped at the mother’s heals to motivate her to run faster, leaving their real target to their trap.  She fled in a mad terror, trying only once to return and rescue the fawn. Tagg saw her circling a short distance away, watching for an opportunity to rescue her child.

She was not going to get it.

The veteran set himself up as barrier between her and the other two hunters, leaving the final capture of their meal to them.

"Speech"  Thought

l