(See All?) Announcements
781 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nori, Chan, Viorel

drive out of the city — Blackened Down 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cadence who has 112 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ember Reinier
All welcome, but special mention to @Leotie. Backdated to 2/14.

She hadn't anticipated stumbling upon a third pack, and certainly hadn't meant to get so close, but the landscape had drawn her in. The sight would surely be more tantalizing in the warm months, but even now she couldn't take her eyes from it. She'd grown up amongst the destruction of a forest, redwoods toppled by a flood long past. This had a similar feel, but clearly was caused by a different kind of power. The trees were a deep black, like the shadows of a moonless night, and their texture was brittle. Already she'd been marked by them, her pale hairs coated with the charcoal from brushing against one of the trunks. It was wonderful.

It was almost a battle to divide her attention between her admiration for this place and the acknowledgment that she was approaching another pack's home. She would need to remain respectful, careful of where she placed her paws and how close she drew to them. Certainly she didn't want to misrepresent the bend by angering a neighbor, no matter the mountain that stood between them. She wanted to do @Serach and @Aponi proud. And hey, if someone caught her, well, she could get some information on these guys, right? Her leaders hadn't given her the heads up about them, so maybe that meant they weren't aware they existed?

Or they had just anticipated Ember to take one route to and from the Notch, and one route alone. Ah well. She would hopefully find out.

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

A plump rabbit hung from her jaws after a very successful hunting trip in the Wildwood and Lorrie was rather proud of her catch. It would be a nice edition to their caches but more than that she took it as a sign that winter would be breaking. The agouti woman looked forward to it more and more each day, she was ready to see what her new home would look like in the warmer months. Triell had said she would like it and while she trusted his word she wanted to see it for herself.

With the cold and the hunt her paw was bothering her a little more that day causing her limp to be a little more prominent. She pushed it aside as she made her was back toward the draw. It took her a little longer to get back to the draw then it usually did. Leotie didn't mind except she was ready to eat the rabbit she'd caught by the time she’d reached the trail that would lead her to the border. It had been early since she'd last eaten and the hunt had caused her to work up an appetite.

With the scent of blood and rabbit in her nostrils she missed the scent of the foreign female near their borders. It wasn't until she came into view that Leotie knew she was there and just how close she was. Still she hadn't crossed the border so Leotie didn't see any reason to be mean to the girl. She came up behind her and dropped the rabbit at her feet before licking the blood from her lips. “Hello there, is there something I can help you with?” She asked politely. She felt she'd become better at these border visits then she had been before she'd come to the draw.

It was a little surprising that none of her other packmates had already arrived to greet the girl. No matter, Leotie had no problem doing so and while she waited for the girl to answer she picked the rabbit back up and carried it across the border before dropping it on the other side. She then turned so she could speak to the girl.

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Mar 06, 2017, 02:36 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cadence who has 112 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ember Reinier

Her pale paws continued to calmly walk the earth, each step leaving behind its evidence in the snow. Gold eyes regarding the area with wonder, she almost lost her vigilance entirely. While wanting to stay alert, Ember still failed to recognize the hints of approach from behind her until the other wolf spoke, soft voice filling the air and causing the scout's head to swiftly swivel.

Ears pricked forward and eyes widened to take in this woman, who smelled of pack and had kind, vivid blue eyes. Just upon sight, Ember couldn't help but feel drawn to her, in a similar fashion that she had Kyna when the two first met. There was something soft and inviting about her demeanor and the timber of her voice, those polite words quick to disarm any defenses the Reinier might have put up. Turning fully to face her company, a warm smile graced her black lips.

"I wouldn't mind a conversation," she put forth, "my name is Ember. I'm coming back home from a pretty long scouting trip, and wanted to take the scenic route before crossin' the mountains. I wasn't aware there was a pack here, but gosh I can really see why there would be. This forest is awesome."

[Image: wWiXRe2.gif]
[Image: BYPyAlz.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Finding a young female so close to the border of the draw was not what the agouti woman was expecting when she returned from her outing. It was however a nice surprise, she liked having the opportunity to meet new wolves. She'd come up behind the girl and though she thought she'd be detected a little sooner than when she'd spoken she also couldn't fault the girl. After all it had taken her reaching the border before she'd even scented she was there.

With her rabbit safe and sound across the border Leotie had covered it with snow before she then waited for the girl to answer. The agouti didn't have to wait long a smile forming on her features as the girl spoke. “It's a pleasure to meet you Ember, I'm Leotie, it is quite beautiful and peaceful here. May I ask who you are scouting for?”she asked curiously. She liked the girl, though younger she was polite but more importantly she seemed to know her manners.

Once that question was asked Leotie decided to offer the girl a little more information that she felt appropriate. “This is Charred Ash Draw, we haven't been here long which is probably why you weren't sure we were here.” For now that was all she would offer unless asked specific questions. Leotie sat back on her haunches then, “I am can also give you the conversation you are looking for, what is it you would like to discuss?” She felt she would let Ember lead since she was the one who spoke of a conversation.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2017, 07:36 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you