(See All?) Announcements
343 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

All The Right Friends — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Gent & @Raela.  Any other WFN wolves are welcome to join. I would also like to note Kajika is a respectable distance away from the border. He learned his lesson the last time. Scouting​ Dem 1/3

Kajika wasn't sure what he'd find as he traveled further north from Oak Tree Bend.  It had been so long since he'd been this far from the cove and so much could have changed.  His pace had been quick but it had still taken him four days to get as far as he had.  There had also been no sign of any packs in the area, that was until he'd reached secluded spring which he'd been informed of by a loner he'd run across.  The scents were faint at first but the soon grew stronger as he traveled further.

It wasn’t long before he found the unmistakable sign that he had found the border.  As he had at Oak Tree Bend he kept a respectable distance from the border. He wasn't sure of the name of the pack that resided there  but the loner had mentioned something about White Fir Notch. Being this was a scouting mission he thought it best to introduce himself and find out a little more to take back to his alpha's.  Raising his muzzle into the air he sent a clear call into the territory for the alpha's.  Once that was done he prepared himself to wait for their appearance.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2017, 01:05 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Recent weeks had found the hard working hunter busier than usual. Change was most certainly in the air and whether or not it was for the better or the worst, she couldn't quite say yet. All that she knew was that their numbers had taken a slight dip and with Raela's condition remaining unchanged, she was left on high alert constantly. She didn't know what she would do should the unthinkable happen. Mentally she shook her head. No no, don't think like that. Raela is in good hands with our healers. She assured herself, eyes crinkling in concentration. Now was not the time to worry herself sick.

In between her jaws hung a skinny rabbit, her most recent catch as of late. Given the scarcity of prey in the region as of late, she was lucky to have found anything at all. The condition of this meager prize could be an explanation as to why so little food was available. Perhaps it had not stored enough fat for the winter, or had awoken from it's hibernation too early. Either way, the winter had apparently taken a toll on the animal, leaving it to die of natural causes and exposure to the elements. Jynx was well into the process of creating a brand new cache, her paws churning up a patch of soil that had not completely frozen. It was hard work and her toes were aching, but if it meant one more small meal for someone to benefit from later, she was happy to put the labor into the task. She had begun to move the dirt back over the body when a howl from the borders commanded her attention. Lifting her head, she knew that she would have to answer this one. She was closer to this particular section of border than Gent was. Abandoning her half finished cache, she set off to meet the visitor.

The call was unfamiliar, and the scent of the wolf equally so. As she neared, she also picked out the scent of another pack. It didn't match those in the region, such as Wild Rye Fields or Whitestone. Curious as to who this wolf was and where he was from, the new alphess appeared from the midst of Fir trees. Upon first glance, Jynx could very easily be mistaken for her dear friend, Raela. Their eyes, build and coloration were almost identical. A more keen eye though would pick out that the tawny hues in her coat had a more reddish tone, however subtle. Pleased to see that the dark furred stranger, a male, was a respectful distance from the borders, she chuffed in greeting. Naturally her tail raised just above her spine to show her status, but her yellow eyes remained kind, though curious. "Welcome. What brings you to the borders of White Fir Notch?" She asked, studying the male, curious of his intentions.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Scouting Dem 2/3

When he had stepped up to the border of White For Notch he had not known what to expect since it was a new pack to him.  To be honest he was a little nervous meeting the alphas despite having had more confidence at the border of Oak Tree Bend.  The dark man wondered what information he could gather to bring back to Namid and Vespertio. He really did want to do right by them and bring back as much information as he could but he also understood how tight killed the alphas could be. They had to think about pack safety first and foremost so wouldn't divulge too much information to him. He couldn't blame them he would do the same.

While he waiting for his call to be answered he thought about what he might say to make sure this meeting went well.  Not only did he not want to go back empty handed he also wanted to make sure he made a good impression.  He wanted to do his alpha’s proud so he reminded himself of all of those points.  So that when he was greeted he could set them in place and have the best result. It was all for his pack.  Despite the fact he was supposed to be on a trip for himself, to heal what was bothering him, he had to do this so that maybe the cove could have a friendship with the notch wolves.

When he heard the footfalls of an approaching wolf he turned to face the border and composed himself.  He was not expecting the wolf that stepped out of the trees, he'd met her before when he'd first come to the lore.  Her scent was different but she'd been part of another pack again.  Immediately his eyes searched the forest behind her as she approached for the dark man who had almost killed him all that time ago.  Then the woman spoke and it didn't sound like Raela bit it had been so long he could be remembering her voice differently.  “Raela?” He questioned surprisedas he took a small step toward her but remaining mindful of where the border lay. He was so distracted by by the fact he believed Raela to be standing in front of him he forgot to answer the question he'd been asked.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2017, 01:06 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

The wolf before her was completely unfamiliar, both in terms of scent and looks. The smell of his own pack clinging to his dark pelt had her mind turning curiously. It didn't match that of the woodlands, or of either pack in the lowlands. And as long as it had been, she would've recognized the scent of Hearthwood or Grizzly Hollow. She could figure out this little puzzle later. Apparently as she had made her appearance and he laid eyes on her, another mystery presented itself as he uttered a single name. Raela. One slender brow raised in part surprise, part confusion, whilst a fore paw remained raised above the snowy ground mere inches. After a moment it clicked, the look of realization seeping into her eyes.

Oh, oh! This male before her thought she was Raela! She shook her head apologetically, with the softest of chuckles. "Oh I'm sorry...you must have me confused. I'm not Raela, but I am one of her pack mates." A small smile grew at the far corners of her lips. "I can see how you would mistake me for her though." She added with a swish of her upright but relaxed tail. "I am Jynx...a close friend of hers." She moistened her lips with a swipe of her tongue, eyes softening regretfully. "I am sorry to say that she has been a bit under the weather recently. I'm filling in until she recovers." She took a slow, harmless step forward, peering at him inquisitively. "How is it that you know her?"
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Scouting Dem 3/3

In a million years he'd never thought he would see Raela again. He'd never forgotten the kindness she'd showed him when he'd first come to the lore.  How she defended him to Gent  she the dark man had gotten very defensive about how he'd approached the border.  It felt like a lifetime ago since he'd seen the pair and now he was standing across the border from her. It was a pleasant surprise to be sure and he was glad to have the opportunity to see her again.  To have a chance to catch up and see what had changed in their lives since they had first met.  He wondered what had become of Gent, was he still around? The bigger question of how they had come to be in White Fir Notch.  So many thoughts swam through his head as he waited for the woman in front of him to speak.

It was disappointment and a little embarrassment that followed the woman's words as she told him she was not Raela.  She went in to explain that she was a pack mate and filling in for Raela because she was ill, her name was Jynx.  A embarrassed smile crossed his dark maw. “My apologies Jynx.  You do look remarkably like her but I am glad to hear she is still in the Lore.  Though sorry to hear she has been feeling poorly, I hope that she will be alright.” Despite whatever disappointment he felt Jynx seemed to be nice and he learned something else, “So Raela is alpha of White Fir Notch?” That was quite a chance from the girl he'd met sinking ago.  It hit him then that he had been so caught up he'd forgotten to introduce himself. “I'm Kajika Tallis, second in Fallen Tree Cove.  I know Raela from a long time ago when her pack was near Blackberry fields. Is Gent here too?” Kajika asked curiously about the man wondering if he had to worry about another situation like he'd been in before with the man.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2017, 01:07 AM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

With a faint chuckle and a shake of her head, she dismissed his apology as quickly as it came. "Think nothing of it. Although that was a first for me, I can see how you'd mistake me for her." The two Notch wolves looked remarkably similar, but unbeknownst to her, it was not by sheer coincidence. Feeling at ease enough to relax her posture, she lowered her haunches to the ground to sit. "Her condition had me worried for a while, but she is in good hands. She's on the mend." She assured the dark male before her with a nod of certainty. When asked if Raela was the Alpha of White Fir Notch, Jynx pressed her lips together thoughtfully. "She is the rightful matriarch, yes. But I am filling in while she recuperates." Little did she know that her transition from second to Alphess would be permanent.

As he introduced himself, with both a name and one of the pack from which he hailed, pieces of the puzzle fell into place. It now made much more sense that this fellow Kajika, knew of Raela from a time in the past. "I see. I never knew of a pack in the Blackberry Fields region. I can't say I have heard of Fallen Tree Cove either. White Fir Notch is...still fairly young." She admitted. Now Gent was mentioned. A brow raised just a hair. Did he know her co lead too? She hesitated. "He is...but I'm afraid he's unavailable. He's been busy seeing to Raela's health around the clock." She fell into silence again, patiently waiting for details offering a clue as to the exact reason of Kajika's visit to the Notch. 
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

While he wished he could see Raela he also found the woman who he was speaking with pleasant so he couldn't be upset about that. Jynx was very cool about being mistaken for the woman he once knew. “The two of you do look remarkably similar if you don't mind my saying.” So much so that he was still a little stunned that he wasn't speaking with Raela. He was saddened to hear that she has been doing poorly and hoped she was going to be okay.  As these thoughts crossed his mind he observed Jynx make herself more comfortable, he remained standing out of respect for the woman and the fact he was at her border.  “I'm glad to hear she is in the mend but I do understand your worry.” Raela was her packmate after all and as he soon learned the alpha of White Fir Notch. “She has done quite well for herself since last I saw her,” he commented, “I hope the position has been treating you well.” After seeing Moonshadow in a similar situation as Jynx he knew she too could be having a difficult time.  However the russet female seem more than capable of taking on the role of leader.

After the confusion had been sorted Kajika finally introduced himself and gave the name of his pack.  Though he had yet to speak of why he was at the borders of White Fir Notch when Jynx spoke. “The pack that Raela belonged to when I met her was Black Thorn Downs, I had stumbled across the borders, I was new to the lore then.  She saved me from an untimely death or at least serious injury,” he explained with a slight laugh at the memory. “Fallen Tree Cove is located on the Mountain of Dire, we don't get down this way much which is probably why you haven't heard of us.” After all it had been almost two years since he had last been down this way. “I hope that your pack has a long future ahead of it but with Raela at the lead I expect it will.” She had seemed to have a good head on her shoulders when he'd met her which was good for leading a pack.  It was good news to hear that agent was around as well and while he and the blue black coated man hadn't started off in the best of terms they had ended the encounter amicably. “I'm glad to hear that he is still in the Lore as well. We had quite the first meeting, am I correct in my assumption that he is her mate and leader of the Notch?” He asked with a raised brow.  Once he had learned of what had happened to the two Downs wolves after he'd left them and found his way to the cove Kajika felt it was time to explain why he'd come to the Notch.  “I am here on behalf of my alphas as sort of an introduction if you will and perhaps to open a line of communication if you will.”

Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Guardian Dem 1/3

With the prey starting to return it had become important to replenish the caches so Emrys had spent the morning working on that. He felt with Gent busy concentrating on Raela and what she needed he needed to step up.  He did the usual morning rounds and hunted as well as checked up on each of the pack members. As second in command it was his job to make things easier on Gent so head sure that everything was taken care of. When the call went up at the border Emrys started in that direction, he usually met any visitors at the border and thus time would be no different.

However when he arrived just out of sight he saw that Jynx had already beat him to the border.  His ears had caught some of the conversation so he decided to hang back to see how it might play out.  Eventually the stranger got down to the reason that he had come to their borders in the first place.  It was then that the healer decided to step out into the open and make his presence known not only to the stranger but his mate as well. Emrys came to stand next to her giving her a gentle bump of her shoulder before turning his gaze on the dark pelted man.  He took notice of the respectable distance as well as the way in which he has spoken to Jynx.  Despite their mateship in front of their visitor she was still his leader so he remained respectfully silent as the two continued their conversation.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:48 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

He explained how he and Raela had met. By saving him from a most unfortunate early death, so it seemed. How ironic. Jynx too, had been saved in her own way by the long presiding Notch matriarch. She had found her in a sorry, run down state of depression. It was only thanks to her kindness and encouragement that Jynx took another shot at life in a pack again. Her curiosity bubbled up even further as he explained that his pack, Fallen Tree Cove, was located on the mountain. "I can't say I've ever been up that way before. Perhaps it would be worth a trip...later." She hummed thoughtfully. 

With a short little nod, she confirmed his assumptions about Gent and his relationship to Raela. "That he is. They are also the proud parents of three bright children. But...I don't expect they will be making an appearance today..." She added, with a quick scan around of the trees. While Gent, Raela nor his kids could be present to greet their mountain guest, someone else was. A telltale flash of white, easily picked out between the browns and greens of the trees, caught her eye. Kajika's words did not go unacknowledged as he stated he was here on behalf of his own alphas. A russet ear twitched to intercept his words, while her eyes followed the movement of her mate, towards her side. "We would be happy to open communication between your pack and the Notch. But first...may I the names of your alphas?" She pressed. In the future, if all went smoothly here as it was going, a formal meeting could be in order. She would want to know the wolves she would be sharing information with. Emrys did not get ignored, as she bumped her cheek against his shoulder. He may be her beta, but in her eyes, he was equal to her. Unwilling to speak for him, she stepped back only slightly, as a sign of encouragement. He was full of knowledge and useful information, and his opinions were always welcomed. Here would be no different.