(See All?) Announcements
406 Users Online
Google, Bing

Break on Through — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 33 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Salix Atea
Calling any WFN wolves! Salix is new and needs to get to know some packmates :)

The salt and pepper coated one had found
a home. Winter was nearing its end, and he had quite the bit of regret for not finding a
pack sooner. He was a tad thinned out but nothing severe. His fur was still plush and hadn't
become ragged. Gray-blue eyes were lively; it seemed they were a bit brighter since his
mood uplifted. Salix was hoping to have a chat with a pack member. A bit surprised at his
urge to socialize, the man didn't question a good thing. Perhaps being less grumpy would
serve him better in the long run.

He snorts aloud at this thought as he nears the springs. The center was thawed whilst the edges
were still a bit frozen. Placing his right front paw forward, Salix applies pressure as to break the
thin ice. The freezing temperature numbs his paw rather quickly; he pulls back. A content look
rests upon his face as his mind begins to freely wander. He wondered what the woman Nauja
was up to after their meeting. He hadn't had much excitement in his life for the past few months,
so it was nice to have thoughts on other things aside from his own damn sanity for once.
(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2017, 04:36 AM by Salix.)
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

It was much too early to be leaving the den and lately Emrys didn't much like leaving Jynx side if he could help it.  However his thirst had woken him and led him to slip away from his mate, a light kiss placed on her crown, into the early morning mist.  Once outside the den he gave his coat a shake and stretched his muscles, he considered going a finding something to eat for Jynx and himself once he'd gotten his drink of water. Setting off at a brisk pace he reached the springs in no time, Emrys was surprised by the stranger who was there.  He'd smelled a new scent in the territory and wondered who it belonged to.  It seemed as he took this man's scent in from afar that this was the newcomer into the notch.

A smile crossed his face at this knowledge, their numbers had been dwindling which had worried him.  With this newcomer, as long as he stayed, would replace one of the wolves they had lost.  “Hello there,” Emrys said to announce his presence not wanting to startle the man.  Cautiously he stepped up to the spring and dipped his head to the water to drink. When he had finished he lifts his head to take in the newcomer.  “So, you haven't been here long but I hope the Notch is treating you well?” Said Emrys in his friendly tone winding if that might draw the man into a conversation.  The healer did need to get to know him since he could end up a new patient.  He had not failed to notice the man's thinning frame but to mention it would have been unacceptable.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2017, 12:26 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Salix Atea

Salix goes to lay down, but stops when a voice
reaches his ears. Turning, his eyes fall upon a white wolf who approaches. The tired man
smiles politely at the wolf. Rising to his feet, he dips his head in acknowledgement and keeps
his tail low out of respect. " 'Lo" he says, his voice gruff. The man before him had brilliant
blue eyes, shining with more color than his own. Salix watches quietly as the wolf takes a swig
of water before speaking to him again. "Certainly is" he says simply, a small grin making
its way across his muzzle.

"Been a long winter, I tell ye. Should've found a pack long 'go." Salix shakes his head
lightly. The winter had been cruel to him; he was lucky to not be a bag of bones. He was
a bit thinned out, but not quite emaciated. Finding himself gazing at the water, he speaks again
"I be Salix, Salix Atea." He bows his head once more. "I be glad to be socializin' again,
I am. Been in me own mind fer too long."
He found admitting to his lonely discomfort made
him feel a bit better. It was like a small weight lifted off of him.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

One thing Emrys tried to do in his capacity as beta was greet the new members, get to know them a little and gauge how good they would be for the pack.  He was glad to have this chance to speak with their newest member since he'd been so preoccupied with breeding season upon them. With this new member it gave the healer hope that maybe things were turning around for the Notch especially with Raela improving. Emrys offered a smile when the man greeted him before getting his drink so he could get it out of the way before talking to the man. Once finished he turned to face the pale man, “I'm glad to hear it. I hope that it does continue to treat you well.” Emrys didn't want their newest member to become discontent and leave them as Heigen and Witchhazel had.

“Yes, it has. Long and hard on everyone.  I'm glad I came to the Notch in the fall. It seems you have gotten by,” he said judging by the condition of the man, A few weeks with us and you'll be back to your full weight and feeling much better.” The healer was confident that a few good meals and the weight would come back as well as his level of energy.  “It's a pleasure to meet you Salix,  I'm Emrys Myrddin,” he said with a nod.  The man spoke of being glad to be socializing again which Emrys could relate to, “It does get lonely living on your own, a lot of time to think,” he commented, “One of the reasons I decided to join the Notch I think.” He of course had plenty of other reasons why he'd joined and it had ended up being one of his better decisions.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2017, 08:25 PM by Emrys.)
Salix Atea

Salix listens carefully to the man; his ears
twitch as he attempts to pick up different tones of voice. Being in a new pack, he was curious
as to what the dispositions of those that he would be working alongside of and living with were.
The wolf,Emrys as he called himself, seemed quite content with his living conditions.
"Good to meet ye, Emrys." Salix couldn't help but wonder prematurely if he made a good
choice as to where he settled. He had been desperate for a pack, and in being so, he
prayed he hadn't made a poor choice. "Ye seem to be quite happy here" he says nonchalantly,
looking back toward the water.

The terrain was most different than what he was used to. It seemed to vary in every direction
he looked. Though he was used to being on flat land, a bit of change wouldn't hurt. Change did
irk him a bit, but it was necessary to live a fulfilled life. "Tell me, Emrys..." he pauses,
turning his head to look at the wolf in the eyes before continuing "be there anythin' I should
know 'bout this pack?"
He didn't want to seem too pressing, but it was only his nature to
be well informed. "Enemies and whatnot? I be a bit curious, ye don' have to go n' yap 'bout
things ye feel uncomfortable with."

He offers a light smile rather than a smirk this time. If the wolf were to shut him down on his
questioning, he would respect it. It wouldn't hurt to try asking though, right?
(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2017, 10:50 PM by Salix.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys had been a loner so he understood what it meant to go without food, the winter held more occurrences of it then any other season.  Until he'd come to the notch it had been something he'd had to deal with.  He had thought it was just a normal part of life and like his mother he endured the harsh winters.  Sometimes like Salix he would come out on the other side a little thinner but stronger for it. “It's a pleasure to meet you as well Salix,” he said the smile remaining on his face.  With spring so close, he and Jynx preparing to bring their first litter into the world, the news of Raela's improvement and now the arrival of the man Emrys was confident that things were looking up.

The healer tilted his head to the side in thought about what he could tell the man and what he couldn't.  Emrys wasn't sure where to begin telling him what he needed to know to make it in the pack.  He was lucky when the man spoke up and clarified what it was exactly that he wanting to know. “As far as I know of we aren't on good terms with Hearthwood River.” It was odd for him to say that since personally he wasn't on bad terms with the river pack. “And neutral terms with the Lowlands packs.” He felt it was important for Salix to know this at the very least.  “As long as you work hard for the pack and treat everyone well then you should fit in fine.” It was after all how he'd made his way in the pack and felt it would do well for the pale man in front of him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 06:36 AM by Emrys.)
Salix Atea

Salix squints slightly as a result of being intrigued
and inducing deep thought. His face twitches before he speaks "Hearthwood, eh? In what
direction be that in?"
This was crucial information. He didn't want to go wandering into this
pack's territory on accident. Being clueless as to what the lay of the land was, he needed directions
to avoid conflict. By Emrys saying "not on good terms", Salix assumed the worst purely out of
caution. He takes silent notes as the man continues to speak. Lowlands is neutral, good. Better
than poor terms.

"Naturally" he replies cooly at the wolf's last statement. Salix was a rather blunt man, but
he would bite his tongue for now to form general relationships with his packmates. He was
a highly opinionated and strategic creature; he wasn't easily swayed. Salix pads a few steps
toward the water, lapping up the cool liquid to parch his dried throat. Swinging his head upward,
he forms an assumption, speaking on it as he does so- "Bet there be loads of packs in these
lands, eh? I be gettin' that feelin'."
Not that it was an issue, but it was something he
would like to be aware of. As the wolf had made his way back North, he did tread lightly, having
picked up some foreign scents along the way.
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2017, 10:14 PM by Salix.)
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

When asked about the relationship the notch had with other packs Emrys felt it was a good idea to inform Salix.  In case he ever ran into wolves of the packs around from the other packs he would know how to present himself.  Hearthwood was a tough one for the healer since he did have a friend in the leader. “Yes, Hearthwood lays north of here in Kingsfall.”  The pack in question was a fair distance from the notch so he doubted Salix would have any problems.  Still Emrys didn't know how far the pale man would travel outside of the borders.  Though he was sure if he ran into one of the wolves of Hearthwood he would find them to be friendly.  Lachesis had always been friendly so he felt the others in Hearthwood would be friendly as well.

It seemed they were on the same page when it came to working hard for the pack. In his tone in the Notch Emrys had changed from a man who only worried about himself except for in his healer work to a man that worked for the pack.  He always put the pack before himself, the only exception to this rule was Jynx.  He would do what made her happy, always.  His thoughts returned to her hoping she wasn't worried about him since he wasn't there. She was sure to be awake by this time, since her scent had changed again he had been staying even closer. Emrys nodded as his thoughts were brought from his mate back to the conversation at hand.

“Yes there are quite a few packs in these lands, I am not sure of the exact number though.” Since he’d been in the notch he hadn't been able to keep up on the packs that lay to the South. As a loner he'd come across the borders of others but kept his distance. “Now that you're here and getting settled do you have ant plans while your here?”

(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2017, 02:10 AM by Emrys.)
Salix Atea

Salix was quite pleased by the coze the two were having.
He felt at ease, to say the least. The man didn't have much of a liking to those who had a
holier-than-thou attitude. He couldn't allow the feeling to override him just yet, for a fellow
packmate may have the disposition he didn't favor. It certainly wasn't his place to go about
judging and chastising when he wasn't a leader, but such was his own personality. More notes
were taken in his mind as the paler wolf stated the general location of the unfriendly pack.
Curiosity licked at him like submissive wolf to a higher up as to what specifically had put the packs
on shaky terms with one another.

He only nods in response, not prying further. Emrys asked a question that made the Atea wolf
look at him with an unwavering smirk. "Well, first, I be gainin' me weight back. In doin' so,
it be me job to refill yer cache."
He scratches an annoying itch on his side before he speaks
again "As far as objectives go, I be seein' meself as a good guardian n' hunter for the pack."
He wasn't quite sure exactly what the wolf wanted to hear, but he was being honest in what
Salix thought were good answers. Another question had popped up in his head as soon as he replied
to the wolf.

"What be the limitations on travelin' outside the pack borders?" he questions, head tilting
slightly. "Don' wanna travel too far and have me pelt ripped off upon me return" He titters
lightly.
(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2017, 09:54 PM by Salix.)