No Light, No Light — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ranico who has 60 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kuwindwa Mapinago
Weather
32º F (0º C) – Mist
Late Afternoon 

The weather had been the furthest thing from desirable for days now, Kuwindwa noted a little sadly, blinking golden eyes up at the pale sky. The only sign of the sun was a dim halo in one segment of the grey sky, and that was barely enough to illuminate the scenery. Yes, everything seemed rather monochrome.

Normally, Ku wouldn't mind, but... it was one thing when she had a home where she could easily find shelter, and another experience entirely for a woman without a den to rest her head. No nest, no bed – nothing – just walking. Endless walking. Nor could it be said Kuwindwa minded the walking, she was meant for long journeys (or so she'd learned), but that didn't mean she wouldn't like for it to be – just this once – an easy one. Maybe some sunshine. A little less rain. A little more warmth. A lot less chill... because this mist wasn't doing her any favors. Sure, it wasn't easy for someone like her to get cold but the dampness was settling into her fur and reaching for her core. No, it certainly didn't do the inveterate wanderer any favors at all. If the sky wasn't trying to freeze her out, then the ground certainly was: wet grass added another layer of chill to her wide paws. An involuntary shiver was all it took to remind Kuwindwa to keep moving. At least then she could keep some semblance of warmth.

Kuwindwa's trajectory took her steadily north and east. Only when she caught sight of a lone tree did she alter course, nose lowered as she considered the possibility of shelter, however slight it may be. It wasn't the sleet or rain of previous nights, but that didn't mean the woman wanted to remain in this miserable daylight any longer. She found the base of the lone tree suitable for her needs and curled against its dark trunk. If she could get just a little warmth into her paws again before continuing, she'd be all right.

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2017, 05:28 PM by Kuwindwa. Edit Reason: Pardon the table. Need to fix. :o )
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Pregnacy Update: Week 5 -  Expectant mothers may see a drastic change in their diet; she might have cravings for more higher energy, protein, and mineral-rich foods or she might have a decreased appetite (Future dads and care-takers! Make sure she eats something at least once a day!). Her belly will also begin to look noticeably swollen as the pups take up more space in her abdomen. 
Enoki Ashrelle

For the better portion of a week now the weather had a funny way of reflecting the tidal wave of emotions rolling within the piebald matriarch, a brewing storm that no doubt was forged from the surge of hormones accompanying her impregnated state. The first time mother was reaching the end of her fifth gestational week and already well aware of the changes brought upon her body both mentally and physically. A simple glance could now inform any passerby the gradual swelling of her abdomen, now a small mound occupied by the developing fetuses within while her mind continued to play a game of ping pong with itself to determine just what mood she would find herself in each morning. 

For the members of the pack it was like a game of Russian roulette, never allowed a moment of certainty whether they'd receive an empty chamber and find Enoki in a pleasant mood or be the unlucky soul that had to bite the bullet and receive the backlash of her more foul moods in the form of snapping teeth and the potential of being chased off due to a lack of desire for company. Not even Nicolo, the father, was spared from the woman's wrath. Of course, guilt festered beneath the surface until the storm passed and apologies were given accordingly once the coast was clear. Today, though, the magpie found herself in quite the glum mood thus her wandering paws trudged through the slushy mixture of mud and snow yet to melt away dotted across the new growth of grass now that the sun had taken a vacation behind the dreary gray painted sky. Mist and rain alike dampening the contrasting colors that adorned Enoki's pelt.

A million and one thoughts tried to process themselves at the same moment while she meandered along, unaware in her absentminded state that tucked along the base of a tree not too far off lay the silhouette of a stranger. Smoldering amber gaze swept across the expanse of Fireweed Rise, a gentle sigh falling from inky lips before ebony limbs halted at the top of a small knoll, ivory painted haunches lowering to take up a seated position. Something she doubted would be a comfortable position to be in for long in the future when her stomach grew to the size of a boulder. The thought momentarily had her mind drifting toward memories of Elettra when she had been expecting, a wry smile tugging at the corner of her lips. Oh, how she missed her dear friend.

Word Count: 424
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Kuwindwa Mapinago
It was almost laughable. All this grey matched her perfectly in every aspect. Her mood, her pelt, hell, her life.

Another shiver. Kuwindwa's nose twitched in irritation before she lowered her head to bury her snout in the warm fur of her tail and tucked her paws in closer. It wasn't as if she had never experienced cold. She had certainly experienced colder... but damn this weather. This damp. This bone-biting chill. At least if she closed her eyes to rest a while she would be in better shape by evening. She could keep moving, pretend she was safe for a while longer. She told herself as much anyway.

Kuwindwa was somewhere halfway between wake and sleep when she heard the soft crunch of large paws on snow and grass... her eyes flew open, but she remained totally still, unwilling to give her location away. In the mist she could make out the outline of another lupine figure, a figure that was as yet unaware of Kuwindwa's presence. She observed as the other wolf drifted past with an inattentiveness that deserved applause and sat close enough that the silver woman could still see the stranger, even make out strange pale markings on a pelt that otherwise reminded Kuwindwa of a shadow.

She was certain she could make a silent getaway, given the way the other wolf had slinked right past Kuwindwa without a glance... but it was cold and Kuwindwa couldn't remember the last civil conversation she'd had. Lifting her head (and exposing her nose to the blasted cold again), Kuwindwa pointed her muzzle toward the other wolf.

"Excuse me?" Her voice cracked, disuse garbling and grating the words so she wondered if they were even heard. She wasn't sure they wouldn't be muffled by the mist. She made no move to rise, preferring warmth for the moment. Tightness was creeping into her shoulders already, preparing her for flight if she needed a quick get away.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 03:43 AM by Kuwindwa.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

"Excuse me?" The words were but a hair above a whisper albeit still loud enough to catch the attention of the magpie's ebony ears, one nearest to the camouflaged woman angling off to the side before smoldering amber eyes followed suit to settle her gaze upon the monochrome frame tucked perfectly against the base of a tree. A quick jolt ricocheted through the dappled female while a forelimb lifted to press against her chest as if the motion alone could still the frantic thudding of her heart from receiving such an unexpected fright. Breath momentarily hitching in her throat.

"You nearly sent me to an early grave!" Enoki panted out between attempts of bringing oxygen into her lungs at a more regular pace, a light chuckle breaking up a set of such attempts before a light smile adorned inky lips once her body returned to a normal state. "I didn't even see you there. Guess I should have paid more attention to my surroundings." That smile gradually widening at the corners into a small grin now. Whatever thoughts she was reminiscing over were now abandoned, her mind focused on this new stranger whom she had nearly stepped in during her aloofness. Where did she come from and better yet who was she? Perhaps a wolf she could convince into settling within Willow Ridge? Ah, it was best not to get too far ahead of herself. Not everyone was ready to drop their freedom on a dime and pledge loyalty to a bunch of wolves they didn't know.

Word Count: 257
Kuwindwa Mapinago
This wolf was not – could not – be one of Kuwindwa's pursuers. That did not automatically make the other woman a friend however, a fact Kuwindwa was keenly aware of. Still, it had never been her intent to scare the poor she-wolf. The reaction she elicited was enough to make her feel guilty. Ears splayed at odd angles as the warrior looked on apologetically, uncertain if the tenseness in her back would serve its purpose.

"You nearly sent me to an early grave!" The other woman made a sound that helped ease some of Ku's worry then; her shoulders eased with the chuckling she heard and the easy smile she saw follow. Maybe Kuwindwa should thank her luck stars – the piebald woman seemed friendly at least! Determining she was under no immediate threat of harm, Kuwindwa shifted her frozen paws beneath herself so she could push up into a seated position. She cringed as her joints popped. You'd think she'd been there for longer than just a few minutes...

Kuwindwa cleared her throat before speaking, her voice louder this time but still wavering: "Forgive me. I didn't mean to frighten you." Fortunately, Kuwindwa was never about assaulting other wolves, given it would have been so easy... rising to her paws she moved forward slowly, her very being speaking neutrality. As she neared the other woman, a particular scent tickled the back of her nose. I know this smell... Kuwindwa stopped abruptly. The subtle shift of hormones, the time of year... She's pregnant! Even if Kuwindwa could not immediately see the slight swelling of the other woman's sides, she was fairly certain her nose hadn't deceived her.

"I did not want to spy unintentionally," she explained herself, suddenly uncomfortable. Okay. Well. Her social skills are rusty... right. So, does she leave now?

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

Luckily it seemed the magpie's easy going temper today would play to her favor as smoldering amber eyes watched the monochrome woman uncurl from her position on the ground and push up into a seated position, the soft pop of the younger woman's joints settling back into place warranting ebony ears to twitch at the sound. Cold weather had a way of affecting the younger generations just as harshly as the older it seemed. Then the woman spoke after clearing her throat, offering Enoki an apology for frightening her which the older wolf disregarded with a simple shake of her head, a soft smile still present. "No need, but thank you."

The expecting matriarch then focused more intently on the silvered woman as her body rose and slowly began to approach, body language portraying neutrality, but that didn't stop a certain level of tenseness from cloaking the pregnant woman. She knew nothing of this woman and the last thing Enoki was about to do was let a complete stranger waltz willy-nilly into her personal bubble when there were vulnerable lives to protect within her womb. Perhaps it was those very lives, though, that prevented the woman from entering that sacred personal space. An ah-ha type of look suddenly appeared on her face and paws halted mid-step, a curious brow on Enoki's face now quirking.

"I did not want to spy unintentionally," Was spying intentionally her mission then? Peculiar. "Who are you?" Enoki asked in a soft voice, standing herself now due to both the uncomfortableness that began to settle in her limbs and ensuring she could make an easy enough exit should she deem this conversation over. "I'm Enoki, lead female of Willow Ridge." She tagged on believing this stranger may be more willing to offer her own moniker now that her own was in the air and the fact she was also a leader of a pack.

Word Count: 318
Kuwindwa Mapinago
Apologies for the delay! RL has been busy lately. I'm sure you understand with moving 'n' all that. x)

Who are you? Not only was the older woman pregnant, but she was the leader of a pack. A given, considering most subordinates were not allowed to bear young. Even so, Kuwindwa felt her heart clench painfully, almost physically. It was enough she would not dare draw nearer to the other wolf, especially when she rose to her dark paws. Kuwindwa wanted to shrink, but that wasn't an option. She was still a good ten inches taller than the other woman... but that didn't stop her from taking a subtle step back and seating herself uneasily where she was, ears splayed even though her eyes remained watchful.

Well, she wouldn't be leaving now if she were a polite wolf. She used to be–  but she was sitting on her toes now (literally), as if she could spring up and flee with the wind. It was clear even to the had-been warrior that Enoki sought more information... and why shouldn't she? In spite of her arrival here first, Kuwindwa was the intruder, not the other way around. She did not come from these lands. She did not belong. Kuwindwa blinked once, then responded evenly, her voice wavering less in spite of her uncertainty: "My name is Kuwindwa."

Kuwindwa had no title to offer. No rank, no pack, nothing. She was nothing. Just a stranger on a misty, cold morning. A chill ran quivering through her. She didn't know what else she could offer– some platitude about how she didn't mean to be here? Well, she had meant to rest here, but she wasn't going anywhere, really. Her lips parted, but she didn't speak immediately, considering as she licked her muzzle before proceeding: "...I'm only a drifter."
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
So sorry i've taken so long to get to this and for the crappy post

Enoki Ashrelle

Kuwindwa was the other woman's response to her question, a brief expanse of silence falling between the duo of women before a simple comment about being only a drifter was attached to her former words. At this Enoki kept the soft smile upon her inky lips and gave a small dip of her head. "Pleasure to meet you, Kuwindwa." She gave the name a try, finding that it provided a bit of a challenge to wrap her tongue around the name. It was a unique name, much like her own as well, but not one entirely impossible to say. 

"Nothing wrong with being a drifter. I have some fond memories of my days traveling the world on my own." At this the smile upon her face grew in size slightly, smoldering amber eyes momentarily drifting away to the background as if the memories themselves lingered near the distant horizon. As great at those memories were though, none could compare to those she had created here since she stepped onto Lore soil. Now, a family of her own was developing within her womb, a man by her side and a pack to call home. "How long do you plan to linger around?" The question was purely innocent and genuine in context.

Word Count: 210