586 Users Online
Bing, Google

mess is mine — Edge Stone Pool 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Re: A cold snap seizes Relic Lore in its icy grip! For @Laike <3

Holding back the occasional shiver that rattled through her body, Ade reminded herself to just keep moving. Movement was what kept cold creatures mostly alive aside from food perhaps. Though she wasn't hungry, she settled with movement as she traveled further east away from the Rye fields. She hasn't been feeling much like herself lately even though spring was always a time for changes and uncomfortable feelings. Ade would be over that by now. Jessie was expecting her next litter and the Rye second had no close calls like she anticipated. However, she still felt aloof and reclusive towards everyone including those she was close to.

No matter how much she wanted to shake this feeling away and become her social butterfly self again. she just couldn't get out of her glum. So, the Snow took a walk. Letting her legs take her wherever in search of peace or a personality make over, something to get her out of the rut she was currently drowning in.

The sounds of trickling water perked her flattened ears up as she drew closer to isolated falls. Weaving her way through the brush and fallen logs, she finally drew to the surface of the pool that laid before her. Quickly, she wasted no time in quenching the thirst that she didn't realized ravaged her throat. She couldn't help but shiver at the sheer cold spell that fell over the lore, nonetheless she started to hum lightly to herself for what seemed like the first time in while.

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
The large male needed a day to himself. He still kept the pack in mind and his eyes were peeled for anything that might be useful. His beefy form certainly wasn't meant for speed but he had a fair deal of stamina. He took his time to get to wherever his paws were leading him. Laike knew better than to go wandering too far so he constantly reminded himself to not stray too much further.

Fiery eyes scanned the area as the sound of water reached his ears. He could use a refreshing drink. The male was positive the water would be cold still from this unrelenting winter. Each day he wished that the sun would thaw everything out but there seemed to be no end. There were still days of frost and snow. It concerned him about how this year's generation would survive. What if the land wasn't better by the time females were birthing? A frown softly etched itself onto his face.

The water was close now but he quickly spotted the form of someone else. A tawny female with scars just like his own. He put on a smile to seem polite as his body posture stayed neutral. "Do you mind some company?" Laike asked with his deep tones.
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

For what felt like an eternity, the tawny woman sat by herself humming gently to herself. Only just loud enough for her own ears or a close pair if they were listening for her song. She wasn't sure where this sudden mood came from. The usual sunshine girl hasn't sang to herself in quite a while. But the fact that she suddenly had to urge to brought a soft smile to her ebony lips as her bicolored eyes looked down her reflection upon the waters clear surface.  

Studying her image closely, her gaze traced over the pair of scars that marred her beautiful face. The scars didn't bring good memories to the surface as she remembered the day she received them. Though now if she was faced with those two, she was sure she'd give them a worthy fight this time. Ade was a changed woman now. No longer was scared to put forth harm on another if it was truly needed for her own sake or others close to her. Her fiery spirit raged even brighter, thanks to Askan's training.  

The thought of him also brought a soft smile to her face but also the feeling of guilt. The Rye second has been quite absent upon the borders lately and she was sure he had noticed. Though maybe not with his new friend he was always around. Before her thoughts could go much further, a deep voice interrupted her train of thought. Quickly her mismatched eyes followed to where the voice came from, a large light agouti male with scars to match hers though his eyes were a deep, striking orange. At first, his words didn't register in her mind as she continued to stare as she was crouched over the water.  

But as she realized he had asked her a question, she cleared her throat in embarrassment. "Sure, I mean yeah I don't mind at all!" She answered quickly with a smile as her bicolored gaze watched him.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Was there something on his face? Was his fur dirty? Did he look funny? There were many more things he could have asked for the way she seemed to stare at him. Perhaps it was his bulky size. The male could have easily blamed it on his scars had she not shared the same kind with him.

Before he could have asked if she was okay, the female quickly cleared her throat and spoke. Laike's tail swayed with ease. "Thank you." He slowly laid down and lapped from one of the tiny waterfalls. The cool water soothing his throat was wonderful. Even if he didn't go back to the River wolves with something in tow he at least found a new place for them to venture in the summer months, whenever those came around.

"I'm Laike of Hearthwood River." The large male addressed himself with a kind smile. "May I ask who I'm speaking with?" His voice wasn't hostile and there was certainly no demand. Instead, he was just curious what the name of the two-colored-eyed girl might be. Maybe girl wasn't the right word for she looked to be about his age. Lady or woman might have been more fitting of a title.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

Her gaze followed him as he crouched down a few lengths besides her and quenched his thirst at the water below. Curiously she watched him, her eyes assessing the stranger next to her. He was a bulky man, much wider and stockier than she was. He had to some weight on her, but as he drew closer she could see that she had height on him. Not surprising as she hasn't met many who could beat her height.

The usual chipper woman stayed silent as she glanced away from him for a moment though he was quick to introduce himself. From the smell of his coat, she could of guessed he was a River wolf and at this moment she knew no matter what scent you wore you. You could never be too careful with who you dealt with. However, Laike didn't seem to want to cause any trouble as his baritone voice asked who she was.

Pausing lightly, she glanced over to him with bicolored eyes. Feeling a surge of mischievousness, a sly smile crossed her ebony lips as she parted them to retort back to him. "I've always been told not to give my name to strangers." Clearly, one could hear the sarcasm laced in her voice and she wasn't intent on keeping her name from him. She just was curious to see if he would play along with her game.

and there's beauty in everything
(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2017, 02:58 AM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike didn't fail to notice how she seemed content to watch him. She didn't point anything out though or laugh at him. It made some kind of confusion settle within him. Did she just like to stare? His only interaction with females so far had been during that pesky season but that time and scent were gone now. Rory had tempted him and Hecate had only been a kind face with a foul mouth. The stocky male did have to wonder what this tawny female would be.

He was a bit surprised to see that she was so large. Not in bulk like himself, but in height. It was interesting but not something he dwelled on. He chose to focus on a possible name. Mentioning that he had offered his own he thought she would have gladly offered her own. He was fooled, though.

His brow raised as he looked at her. The smallest hint of a chuckle passed through his lips. "So, they tell you not to give your name to a stranger but they don't tell you to not share a drink with a stranger?" It was a soft tease, certainly not as harsh as he would give one of his brothers or a fellow male. "Seems a little backward, don't ya think?" His tail swiped at the snow underneath his resting form.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

Perhaps had she been in her normal, chatty Kathy mood she could have realized the awkwardness of her lingering gaze, though again she was not shy towards anyone. She never felt the need to hide away in fear of making anything awkward. Her wild and bold spirit prevented her from such actions. That wasn't who she was and nor was it her now even. That was evident as she didn't seem to feel the way she was making the River wold uncomfortable. 

The tawny woman didn't have to wait long to see if he would latch onto her bait and enter into her game that she wasn't even sure of what direction she was going with. "Well I'm sure a man has to drink, yes? They wouldn't want to prevent a man from quenching a dying thirst." She retorted with a sly smile as her eyes lingered for another moment before she turned back towards the pool in front of them. 

Letting a light pause fall between them, she glanced over to him before speaking once more. "Though, they never told not to take a leisurely stroll with a stranger." She stated as she rose to her full height and turned away from the water's surface and onto a nearby fallen log. Looking back with her mismatched gaze she looked to him with a soft look, "Care to join me?"

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He chuckled softly. His head shook slowly and a smile broke his stone face. "You could have told me to keep walking or even pointed me in a direction to another water source. Hell, could have even told me to eaten snow." The large male's tone was good-natured as he kept playing along with whatever game he had entered. Wherever she was from had to be somewhere good because she sure didn't act like someone you'd avoid at all costs.

The only interaction like this he could compare with another would have been with Rory. Their hormonal interaction had resulted in her calling him handsome before shrinking away from him. But this wasn't much like that. This large and in charge female wasn't calling him cute names and wafting around a perfume for him to drool over. While Laike wasn't sure what exactly he (or they for that matter) were doing, he'd play along as long as he could.

"Oh?" He hummed softly at her comment of a walk. "I couldn't say no to an offer like that." His tail swayed with ease as he rose up to his full height. Even if she was large than him he didn't feel threatened or intimidated. It was nice to bump into a female company that could match and even top his beefy build.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

A smile crossed his ebony lips as a light, handsome chuckle escaped his throat. Her smirk grew profounder as he followed her words with a retort of his own. "I could of, but where's the fun in that?" She returned with a smirk and raised brows as she returned her mismatched eyes to the river on the other side of him. Looking out to the distance beyond him, she made sure they were indeed still alone as the rapid waters dulled any sounds around them. Glancing back to Laike with a mischievous glint in her eyes, she continued like she didn't pause at all. "Plus, now I can see ya up close."

Turning on her heels, he waited for his response, her eyes catching his as he hummed lightly. Brows raising, she waited patiently for him to reach her side before she began to lead the way at a leisurely walk over the underbrush and fallen logs. Her dark tail swayed contently at her hocks as she transcended over a large pine tree before she began to turn away from the river and towards the more dense wood.

"So, Hearthwood River, you say you're from?" Ade casually asked, her mismatched gaze looking back him for a moment to catch his gaze. "There for just a visit or do you plan on sticking around for a while?" Curiosity normally filled her mind and she wasn't one to withhold her thoughts. Especially this guy who seemed to trigger a different side of her that made her even more curious as to who this Laike was.