(See All?) Announcements
1,468 Users Online
Bing, Google, Juniper, Apollo, Claw, Vasco

A harey dinner
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 28 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ambrosia Hellebore
Settling into an border patrol, Ambrosia kept his eyes out for any signs on prey. Even though there was still a cold snap encasing the lands, the food was still sorely needed for the up coming litter and Ambrosia wasn't going to let the newly appointed leaders down, though he worried over Gent and Raela and hoped that they would be okay where ever they had decided to go. Of all the wolves, he had never thought they would leave the pack but he supposed it wasn't surprised, with Raela having been sick. Guess they needed some time away from these frost bitten lands.

Upon scenting something in the air, Ambrosia turned to his left, out of the borders and began tracking it, eyes to the ground as he tried to find some tracks. And he grinned when he came across some hare tracks. Better then nothing. Carefully following the tracks, he came across the prey as it twitched it's ears nervously. Thankfully the wind had changed and now, it was down wind of him.

The squeal of surprise that left it when Ambrosia's teeth latched onto it didn't stop him from giving it a good shake, to snap it throat and make it go limp. Good, something to add to the caches. He thought as he turned back towards the borders.
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2017, 11:32 PM by Ambrosia.)
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Figured this thread looked a little lonely, so here comes Jynx to socialize!

Everyone was feeling the shock. Adjusting to the new shift in leadership in the Notch. Jynx knew all too well, that change, especially sudden, was not always easy. She may not have been as long lived as some other wolves in the Lore, but in the three and a half years of her life, she had experienced quite a lot. It very well could be for that reason, among many, that she had come as far as she did. She knew that without Gent and Raela playing a part in her life, that she would not be the strong woman she was today. She owed them everything.

All she could do to ease any tension, un-certainty or doubt among her pack mates, was offer support. She made herself readily available, day or night. No matter what it might be she was in the middle of doing, she would always take the time to stop and put the needs of her subordinates first. And when she was not within immediate reach, she was always just a short howl away. Emrys she knew, would take longer to settle into his role, before he was completely comfortable. But she saw potential in her mate; the makings of a fine leader.

The gentle stretch and swelling of her belly grew, as did her appetite. She would feel soft jolts within from time to time, but they soon settled. She wondered how many pups were in there. Would they be boys or girls? Or a mixture of both? What would they look like? There were so many possibilities, making the first time mother to be all the more excited to meet her children. A soft chill went down her spine as the cold air of winter lingered in the land. Her winter pelt was thinning, but there was still enough left to keep the cold at bay. Mostly. Feeling particularly ravenous this afternoon, she took a break away from her daily responsibilities and headed out. She had a destination in mind; the stream that trickled year round through their territory. If she was lucky, it would be stocked with fish. If not, she would have to settle for mussels. Her trek brought her crossing into the path of one of their own. Ambrosia. A male who had been in the ranks long enough to have proven his true loyalty to the Notch. But sadly, one with whom she had barely any interactions with. A soft frown and crinkling of her brows set in place as she neared the agouti male. Time to change that relationship. As the new Alpha, Jynx felt compelled to get to know each of her members on a personal level. Tail aloft in a friendly wag, she chuffed in greeting, before stepping alongside of him. Her eyes fell on the rabbit between his jaws. "Nice catch..." She said, appraising the animal a second longer. "Seems like the prey might finally be returning to our neck of the woods, hm?" She began, for a casual starter to a conversation.  
Played by Silvia who has 28 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ambrosia Hellebore
Ambrosia had yet to become on proper terms with anyone in the pack. Smalls nods of greeting here and there if he crossed paths with anyone and that's all he did. Until now. As the female drew up to his side, his blind side, he nearly dropped the catch in his jaws and with a growl rising in his throat, very nearly flashed his teeth at her. But as his good eye landed on her, he quickly caught himself, dropping the hare as he took a few steps back. Ambrosia took a deep bow, his good ear pressed back and tail tucked under him as his belly almost touch the ground.

"My apologies! You caught me by surprise." Only the truth spilled from him maw, as he guilty kept his sight to the ground and is body lowered. She had caught him unawares, coming up on his blind side, even with the chuff of greeting calling out to him as he was caught up in his own thoughts.

Though he still expected some form of punishment - he had very nearly attacked her, had he not caught himself in the last moment - he nudged the hare towards his now leader, as if in some sort of appeasement. "Here, I think you need it more then anyone right now." What he spoke was true - she was eating for more then just herself at the moment and needed every morsel that she could get a hold of. Yet he still allowed a small smile to cross his face at her observation that the prey was coming back, he nodded. He didn't wish to anger her further, if she wasn't already. "And yes, it looks like this winter might finally be letting up a smidgen, if the prey is returning as it is. I hope it continues, for our sake and everyone else."
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

She had not been expecting her fellow pack mate to respond as he did. She had clearly startled the agouti man some. But she couldn't place the blame entirely on him. As a wolf with whom she had regretfully had little interaction with, and thus did not know much about, she was unaware of the ailments afflicting his left eye and ear. Approaching that side unknowing that she would surprise him had been her fault. Her brows shot up in surprise as he turned, stopping short in coming any closer to his side. As his defensiveness melted into submission, she felt a pang of guilt.

In her approach to pack law, loyalty and honesty, Jynx was a fair but no nonsense type of wolf. But she was not so strict that she would chastise one of her own for a simple misunderstanding. Instead of being offended and asserting her title over Ambrosia, she let the miscommunication slide off her back as easily as water on a ducks feathers. As he apologized, she merely shook her head with a forgiving little laugh. "Think nothing of it." She moved deliberately around to his good side courteously. "I should be the one apologizing for approaching you from that direction." Her words were used with care, in case the male happened to be sensitive about certain terminology being used on his marred face. Jynx did have to wonder though, how such an otherwise attractive wolf had been so unfortunate to have his visage shredded like this. Not that she was going to ask something so personal so soon, if not ever.

Noticing the rabbit he had dropped, nudging it towards her, she bent down to sniff at the carcass before peering up at him with a soft glint in her yellow eyes. "Thank you...I appreciate it. My appetite has skyrocketed lately. I can't say it's something I am used to." She didn't bother tearing right in to the gift straight away. The agouti she wolf was happy enough for some casual conversation before lunch. "I certainly hope that is indeed the case." She agreed in line with the preys hopeful return. "I would be lying if I were to say I wasn't worried for a while." With the change in leadership and her added pregnancy on top of that, she couldn't be sure how Ambrosia really felt about all of it. Did he mind the change, she wondered. "I was actually on my way down to the river now. There will be some fish there already." She spared a glance to the rabbit. "Would you like to accompany me?" He had given up his meal for her, which while kind, she felt guilty for. If he were hungry, Jynx would be happy to sate her appetite even more, while he made up for the prey he had given her.