554 Users Online
Google, Bing

bite off more than you can chew? — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
AW! || Afternoon, Partly cloudy, 34 ° F, 1 ° C

Her morning had not started off too great. Most of her breakfast had come up in a disgusting way. Luckily she had been at the bottom of the monadnock and could cover it with snow before she continued on. A slow patrol and brief hunt left her feeling a bit fatigued. She happily carried a few hares up to the top of the monadnock. There had been a burrow that seemed to have been untouched by any hunters or wolves. It was certainly the expectant mother's lucky day.

The leaders tail swayed with pride as she reached the top. For some reason, the gold veined boulders that Craw used to lounge on were calling her name. Piety worked her way on top of them before settling down her catch. Three hares and one looked particularly plump. Perhaps she would steal that one but she certainly wasn't going to eat all three. While there was the chance to store them away in a cache she opted for a much more bonding moment. The leader tipped her head back releasing a howl that those who felt like dining together for a bit should come to the monadnock.

Once her call was finished the pale Kael settled down onto the smooth boulder. She could patiently wait for anyone who might arrive before digging into her meal.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Since she'd decided that it was much harder to change herself then just saying she was going to start fresh Cheedo had been keeping herself busy. Unable to stop herself she'd fallen back into old habits as she felt she couldn't change after being how she was for so long. She'd spent most of her morning outside of pack lands hunting without much success. She hadn't tried very hard either so when she'd finally decided to return to the Monadnock she didn't feel to bad that she hadn't brought anything with her. There was always later or the next day, perhaps she would be feeling better by then.

Upon her return she thought of taking the goat path up to the Monadnock and the communal den but thought better of it.  As she was turning to go Piety’s voice broke through the crisp afternoon calling for those who would like to find together.  Cheedo hesitated unsure if she should go join the alphaess or if she should continue on her way.  She weighted it in her mind for a long moment until she finally decided that it was something she had to do.  The first step in trying to change her timid, standoffish behavior.  Taking the goat path she made her way up to where the call had come from.  She soon found Piety lounging with three rabbits in front of her seeming as though she was waiting.

Cheedo approached slowly her posture showing the timidness of her nature as he lowered her head and body, ears laid back and tail tucked under her. A whine vibrated her throat to announce her arrival.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
The pale lead waited patiently, was no one interested in a meal? She supposed that a handful of packmates might be out into the tundra by sound traveled easily out here with the Monadnock being the only obstruction. Her muddy eyes watched from her high position. Soon enough a small form appeared from the goat track. Piety's tail beat at the stone beneath her with easy, a soft growl of affection for the tawny female was given.

Without hesitation, she slid forward a rabbit to the scout in training. A low woof to signal that the female could eat when she wished. Piety wouldn't feel offended if Cheedo wished to begin eating, but she was going to wait to see if someone would come by to snag the third rabbit. If not then it simply meant someone would have a snack for themselves later.

"How has your scouting and such been going?" As a leader, it was her job to both know and care about these things even if it just seemed like small talk over lunch. "Seen anything exciting?" It was the same question she had asked Greer when he had come home one day. Piety wasn't expecting an answer like his though because she wasn't in her form of Snow Wolf today.
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

It was a good thing that she'd returned to the Monadnock when she had or she might have missed the alphas call.  Was she interested in sharing a meal with the mother-to-be or did she want to turn in for some rest.  In the end the alpha won out, it might be a good chance to get to know a little better.  She liked her, Piety was nice to her but she hasn't had any friends like Piety.  If she was going to bond with any wolves it would be Piety so she took the opportunity and made her way up to see the she wolf.

Upon her arrival she as per usual took her normal posture and dipped her head to the woman.  Piety seemed pleased to see the small agouti whose tail swayed gently behind and a whine slipped past her lips at the woman's show of affection.  When the rabbit was sold forward and the signal that it was okay to eat Cheedo moved to pick up the creature.

Instead of starting to eat right away she carried the rabbit until she was closer to the pale alpha and settled down next to her setting the rabbit gently beside her.  When the leader ate she would eat “I think it's going well, I have been working to get myself into shape and practicing what Wraith and I spoke about during our lesson,” she explained but shook her head at the next question. “Not just yet since I haven't ventured far but I expect I will get to see it when. I'm really ready.” She didn't know when that was but she would work hard toward it.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

If someone asked Piety who might have the most respect for her, outside of her husband, she likely would have picked Cheedo. The timid girl seemed to be working hard to break out of her shell. She always seemed to be doing more than what was asked of her. It always pleased the pale leader.

Muddy brown eyes watched as the small female took a spot next to her with the gifted rabbit. Her good ear swiveled some to catch the words. Piety smiled with obvious joy. "I'm glad Wraith has been able to help you." While she in no way doubted where her mate could be, it was no secret that he seemed to want to be everywhere at once. Patrols, seeing to her, checking others, etc. She wasn't sure if she had ever met a man who could keep himself as busy.

"There are some interesting landscapes near here. Perhaps you would have an interest in seeing them?" The pale Kael asked kindly as she glanced at her company. "Could call it a little test. Go out and find them then come home and report about them." Her tail swept the ground slowly. Without Greer, they didn't have anyone to be lurking about the lowlands and soak in information like a sponge.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

It was moments like the one that she was currently sharing with the expectant mother she Cheedo found easiest to be more relaxed in. When it was just her and another wolf having a quiet discussion she didn’t’ feel as scared as she normally would. She wanted nothing more to be more confident with herself so that she could be successful in her chosen job. Some days were good for her and some bad, when her old habits would came back, this thankfully was not one of those days. She tucked the rabbit that was tucked away next to her as they waited for another to join them.

In the mean time she and Piety entered into a conversation about her scouting training and how it was going. She had started it but like her confidence it was a process that she worked on everyday making sure she was comfortable in one aspect of her training before moving on to the next. “I am as well he seems very experienced and I think that it is best to learn from those who have that.” Cheedo didn’t know Wraith well but the way he had spoken during their lesson helped her feel that he had plenty of experience being a scout.

Next the expectant mother spoke about interesting landscapes and seeing them. Cheedo gave a short nod, “I would love to see them,” but she did feel a little nervous at the idea of going to see them. However, the pale alpha presented it in such a way that made Cheedo really think about it. She couldn’t deny that it would be good for her training. She soon nodded once more, “When you put it that way it might help me to be more comfortable with the idea. I want to succeed in this role so I know I have to push myself to do things that I wouldn’t normally do. I can start as soon as tomorrow looking for those interesting Landscapes.” This was a training opportunity that she couldn’t pass up as it would give her a better idea of what she needed to do as a scout.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
so sorry about the wait! <3 @Cheedo

Cheedo made for good company. She could keep the conversation rolling and was becoming more sociable with each day. It was obvious she was nothing like the pale Morelli. Of course, why and how they connected wasn't too much of her business. From who Piety had met, it seemed each of Craw's past friends had their own different personalities. Each with distinguishing traits that set them out from one another. It was rather interesting to analyze.

"Indeed. He seems to have the knowledge of someone who has been around for centuries." She chuckled softly. "A man of the world, I suppose." From what Piety knew, her mate had been through his fair share of trials and error. While she had also it seemed that perhaps he had absorbed the knowledge better than her. That wasn't to say that Piety was dumb though, just a level or two down from her dark husband.

She smiled wide and looked towards Cheedo. "Start whenever you are ready. If this was a more serious mission I would love that kind of eagerness. While I do like for others - myself included - to break out of their comfort zone, I don't want to overwork or burnout others." It was true. What good was a wolf if they were burnt out all the time?

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Sitting with Piety the small agouti found it was easy to relax around the pale woman.  It was different for Cheedo to have someone that she could feel completely comfortable with but Piety and even Wraith were two wolves she felt she could one day.  With each passing day Cheedo didn’t doubt she’d mad the right decision in staying and joining Whitestone. The longer the small agouti was in her new home she felt she’d been fooled by Ritter, thinking it was her home.  The Monadnock was starting to feel more like home than Ritter ever had.  That feeling was what pushed her to work so hard for her pack mates and herself.

Cheedo nodded in agreement to Piety’s words about Wraith, “Yes he does, I hope to one day have as much knowledge as he does,” she admitted shyly. For too long Cheedo felt there was a lot she was missing out on because she didn’t have that kind f knowledge.  “I think that describes him well,” she commented with a smile.  The small agouti felt they were lucky to have a man like Wraith as their lead. He was kind and willing to help where it was needed. He certainly wasn’t the intimidating wolf that he seemed to be at first glance.

The idea of venturing out and seeing the sights that the pale woman suggested was both exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.  However she was ready to see them because she knew what it could mean for her.  “You don’t need to worry about me,“ She assured, “But I will bare that in mind.  I don’t want to become burnt out.”  Working too hard Cheedo knew could lead her to become unhappy in Whitestone and she didn’t want that.  “I feel working hard but not too is important for the pack and myself", she explained, “Some habits are hard to break.”

(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2017, 11:27 PM by Cheedo.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
thinking maybe one more from each of us?
after the cut comes the blood
Piety Kael

"Don't we all." She chuckled softly. There was still much Piety was learning from and about Wraith. He made a great teacher to both young and old wolves. Piety knew that some part of her would always swoon over his knowledge and the way he could handle situations. It was no secret that out of the two of them she might be more talkative but she took cues from him on what to say and how to say it.

Her good ear pushed forward as she caught Cheedo's words. The pale Kael simply gave a smile but inwards she was thinking away. It was her job to worry about the wellness of her subordinates. A pack was only as good as their weakest member so she knew she couldn't afford to be running the wolves of Whitestone Monadnock ragged with duties and tasks.

"I understand that feeling." She chuckled softly. "All things aside, should we eat now?" Piety left time for the agouti woman to answer but she was digging into her plump rabbit no matter what. Her stomach gave a soft rumble as if to agree with her thoughts. Someone, or one of them, could have that last rabbit for later.

(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2017, 12:01 AM by Piety.)
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
That works for me.

“Yes, I suppose we do. We are lucky he is so willing to share his knowledge with us.” The male lead had been very helpful to the small agouti in getting her started in her role. She had heeded his words and felt that in time she would be a good scout. If only she could feel more confident in herself it would make it easier to deliver messages when needed.

The pale leader seemed worried about how much Cheedo worked and she was quick to assure her that she would be fine. She worked hard for the pack but living amongst the wolves of Whitestone was a lot easier on her than living on her own. The small agouti knew how much she could take and it didn't seem much of a job when she actually enjoyed being able to do for a pack once more.

A smile graced her maw as the alphess expressed that she understood. “I'm hoping that in time I can get over those habits,” she admitted. The habits had been formed in the years since her birth pack and had been with her for so long she worried she'd never get over them. Her gaze went to the rabbit in front of her, “I think we should.” They had waited long enough for the others to join them in her opinion. They shouldn't keep their meal waiting any longer.