Bing, Google, Neo

twist your ankle — Edge Stone Pool 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
@Adelayde <3 || Right after sunset, Partly cloudy, 42 ° F, 6 ° C

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He had kept to his word but had it not been for his brother he likely wouldn't have been so composed. The male had set out in the morning to take his time in catching a gift. He had decided on a hare and while it had been a bit difficult for him he still managed. It hung lifeless between his jaws as he headed towards the place he had first met her. Laike was worried that she wouldn't show. Perhaps her teasing had been nothing more than teasing and her promise had been empty. Yet he also didn't want to stand her up in the case she did hold true.

As he approached the area fiery orange eyes looked around. If she was around he certainly couldn't see her. He set down the gift on a nearby stone before drinking the icy water. The large male took a seat and prepared himself for the worse case scenario. Deep breaths filled his lungs before he pushed the air out again. If things went well he supposed he owed his baby brother a more proper thank you.

His head tilted upwards to look at the darkening sky. The oranges turned more pinkish and up at the peak, it seemed purple started to make itself known. He supposed at least the view between the clouds was worth the trip if nothing else.

art by kydnt
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

With her last message, her mismatched eyes peered up at the sky every night in search of the moon. It wasn't until last night that she knew the next night, the new moon was going to grace the night sky. Setting out in the morning with a quick message to Drestig that she was going to scout further past the borders and shouldn't expect her back in the communal den. Anxious and surprisingly slightly nervous, the Rye Second started her trek to hopefully see if this Laike was truly interested about meeting her again.

There was a possibility she was going to be stood up, but at least she was going to keep her word. She didn't have much to lose and at this point, she was still in shallow water and could get out at any time. Ade would at least have another night to herself with a beautiful view to admire, though she did hope he would show. The night stars were a beautiful sight to share with someone special. And tonight could be a night where she could get to know this mysterious Laike more. If he indeed did show, she would hold true and finally tell him about herself. Perhaps, then he will decide if he wanted to go into deeper waters or not.

With the sunset around her, she grew closer to the creek she told him to meet her at. Softening her steps, she peered through the trees to see if he arrived before her. Catching sight of his soft gray back, her blue-green eyes watched as his own fiery orange gaze lifted to the sky as if to admire the sunset. Stepping out from behind the trees where she hid, “Beautiful, huh?” With a soft smile, she reached his side and settled next to him. Letting her own gaze follow his, she admired the bright colors as they slowly began to be overcome by the darkness.

and there's beauty in everything
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

The fur down his spine prickled for the slightest moment before he realized he knew that voice. He wasn't aware of the name to that voice (he would soon hopefully) but he couldn't forget such nice tones. His tail thumped softly as she took a spot next to him. "It truly is. The tall trees back home can block the view." He informed her with a kind voice. A smile tugged on his face as he rose to his paws. "I, uh," Laike moved to grab the hare he had set down when he arrived. He swiftly picked it up and placed it near her paws. "got this for you." He awkwardly stared at the gift before looking at the tawny girl. "I know it's not much but I figured you might enjoy it after the trip here or you could even take it home." His shoulders awkwardly shrugged. Laike was positive he was gonna blow this.

He bit his cheek to keep from saying anything and instead took a seat again. His cheeks felt on fire, a feeling he was completely unfamiliar with. There was nothing anyone, even his brother, could have told him to prepare him for that heat under his fur. Maybe if he stayed silent and focused on the darkening sky he would be okay. Perhaps he'd even get lucky and the clouds would make way for stars as a distraction for his nervous fiery eyes.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

His deep toned voice answered her quickly as her own tail thumped against the ground with his. Before she could follow his words with some of her own, he moved on and rose to his feet. Her gaze followed to where he went to grab a gift he brought her. As he set it down near her paws, he wouldn't meet her gaze for a moment, but when he did, a large smile broke across her face. How thoughtful? Never had anyone went to such a measure to get something like this for her. It proved so much about him, how he was actually rather thoughtful and rational for bringing her a something useful.

He went on to explain and she couldn't hold back her appreciation. Reaching over, she bumped his cheek, “That is so thoughtful, Laike. Thank you, nobody's ever done this for me.” Her large tail thumped loudly upon the ground as her eyes shifted back to the hare carcass. Taking a hefty bite, she swallowed before she turned back to him. “Care to join me?” She wasn't going to just take the rabbit all to herself. He earned it to have a share of his own catch and she wasn't about to take no for an answer either as she glanced up at him again.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He had wanted to simply smile and nod his head but the touch against his cheek only caused the fire on his cheeks to burst into flames. An awkward smile tugged at his features. He couldn't believe no one had done this for her before. Maybe she was just flattering him. It also didn't go unnoticed that she remembered his name. His tail beat against the ground again.

Orange eyes caught that mismatched gaze. He wanted to tell her no, make up some excuse like he wasn't hungry or already ate. But there was a feeling telling him he'd have to swallow his own tongue before the word No left his mouth. "Sure." He wanted to make the word soft and calm but his deep tones seemed to want to fight that. His teeth pulled off a small strip of the hare. While he was willing to take up her offer, he was going to take as little as possible.

Once he swallowed his piece, fiery eyes looked at his company to make sure she was finding everything okay. There were many things he wanted to say and ask but he figured it might be best to let her do it on her own time. "Is there something you like about the moon or did you just randomly pick a date for us to meet again?" What a dumb question. Real smooth, Laike.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

She made an effort to wait and watch him take a bite out of his well earned catch. Seeing the apprehension in him, she was relieved when he finally agreed and took a bite. A small bite, but a bite nonetheless. Smiling, she reached down for another bite, surprised at the mild hunger that began to settle in her stomach. Humming softly, she was content with the silence between them for a moment as she quenched her hunger. Leaving a couple small chunks for her company, she turned to him as his fiery gaze fell over her.

Raising her head from the ground, she could see the inquisitive look in his eyes. She was sure he wanted know about her as she was being quite mysterious with him, which now she knew he deserved more than that. Smiling, “Glad you agree this is a date,” she teased lightly as she turned her eyes to the stars that began to filter through the clouds. Assessing his question, she paused for a moment as her mismatched gaze peered up at the glistening sky. “It's the stars, actually. With no moon, you get a better view of the stars and planets. Thought it would be nice to share the best view of the month with you.”

Turning back to him, she smiled again as she looked over at his scars and handsome mask. “I think you more than earned it...” She began, but before she continued on, she rose to her feet as she walked in front of him and circled around to his rear. Her eyes continued to gaze at his as she walked around to the other side of him. “It's a nice night for a run, don't you think?” She mischievously proposed as she turned away from him and began to dart for the trees that led to open land. Before she got to far, she wiped her head back over shoulder and shouted, “I'm Adelayde!”

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He should have picked better words. He awkwardly smiled at the use of the word date. That was what this kind of was, wasn't it? Even if it made him feel funny to think he was on a date. As if that wasn't enough to keep his cheeks flushed her reason was rather flattering. He swallowed the lump in his throat with a softer, genuine smile. He had never been such a sentimental man. Those dots in the sky had never been anything more than dots to him but perhaps now they could have a better meaning. "It certainly is nice." His deep voice commented kindly.

Things took a turn, though. She began to circle him like he was prey. Her voice was in no way threatening, though. Her question struck him as odd but he simply agreed. "I suppose it -" His company darted off and without a beat missed he launched after her. His hefty form trying its best to keep up with her more graceful form. "Adelayde!" He barked out with a wide smile. The large male's tail beat the air behind him as he did his best to get closer to her. He was content to play this game if it meant more knowledge about his mystery woman. "Where are we going?" Laike eagerly called out. Would she give him some direction to work with or was she truly keen on keeping everything a mystery until he worked for it?

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

The stargazer had yet to come across anyone who partook in the same pleasure that she did while watching the stars above. Many would say the stars were indeed pretty, but they never held the same appreciation or love for them as Ade did. Not that she expected everyone to be just like her and love the stars like she did, she honestly didn't think anyone else could love the stars as much. The stars meant so much to her and connected her to her family more than any other memory could. And again, she could tell Laike didn't hold the same appreciation for the glistening sky like herself, but at least he was polite enough to compliment them. Even if it was just for the sake of being polite.

Leaving him behind her, she could hear his heftier frame take off right after her as he shouted out her name in the wind. Looking back, she could see his exuberant smile and jubilant banner waving behind him. Effortlessly, she let out her sing-song laughter in response to his question, as she dashed faster for the open tundra just outside of the trees ahead of her. Just as the last tree came into view, she could see the brilliant horizon ahead of them. Making her breath catch at the sight, even if she had the luxury of seeing it most nights provided the clouds were held at bay, she was still taken aback by the beauty the night sky held.

Finally, slowing down, her mismatched eyes turned back to her pale company as she trotted to a stop. "This is where I live! Granted, my home is still about a day of so from here, but we call the lowlands home. I'm apart of Wild Rye Fields, if you really wanted to know." She paused then, looking back out towards the horizon as she fought to catch her breath from the running. Still looking forward and away from his fiery gaze, she continued. "My only family is in the Rye, everyone else I love is gone now. I'm from nowhere special and perhaps I'm not all that special either," she turned to him then, her mismatched gaze colliding with fire. "But I guess you'd have to stick around if you wanted to find that out." Now that he didn't have the thrill of the mystery anymore, he will decide if he truly wanted to continue with the chase. 

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

There was a chance he could have chased after Adelayde until the sun rose. Maybe he would even if he knew that Hearthwood River was waiting for him. While he figured indivuals weren't waiting he did figure that the pack as a whole needed him back. The large male couldn't neglect duties to literally chase pretty girls all night.

As the area around them opened up he caught a glimpse of the sky. All those hundreds of dots seemed far prettier in a setting like this. Stretched across the sky and giving light to an otherwise dark sky. Some clouds tried to block the view but luckily they never had too much coverage. Fiery eyes looked back to earth just in time to bring himself to a halt so he didn't run into Adelayde. He met her gaze easily. The run had certainly help shake off some nerves. He chuckled softly. "Do you think I'd come out here and wouldn't really wanna know?" His eyes left her face to look out into the empty open. "I'd like to see it sometime. Closer, you know, without the whole day distance." If he had to work to find it at least he now had a name to go off of. Wild Rye Fields.

He listened to her words and for a brief moment, his ears pressed back. Laike could try and say he knew that feeling but in all reality, he had built up walls. There were walls now even between him and his baby brother from childhood incidents. A soft frown edged on his face as he looked at the sky. Perhaps he had been too hard but who was he if he wasn't a bit abrasive?

The Artemieva's face managed to form a small smirk. "You should give yourself more credit." Orange eyes looked over to the large female by his side. "It takes a certain kind of specialness to have a man come back out here in the middle of the night to learn your name."

art by kydnt