Google, Oleander, Juniper, Apollo, Bing

streetlight in the egg — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Set May 4th, immediatly after this thread
For @Enoki , Eskil brings @Elle to WR

With a heavy heart, Eskil had set off from Asha's birthing den with a newborn hanging from his jaws. Clearly the wriggling cub would much prefer being nestled up warm beside her mother and nursing, rather than tucked in a stranger's maw. The poor child shivered in the brisk air, and Eskil did his best to move quickly without jostling the girl too much. Eventually Elle gave in, either resigned to her fate or too exhausted to further protest. After all, the girl had only been born mere hours ago and hadn't even had her first meal yet.

Each step of the way Eskil fought the desire to turn around and drag Asha back with him. He hoped that he would not regret the decision to keep moving, seeking out the now familiar paths that lead into the Rdige territory. Though Eskil knew where Enoki's birthing den was, it was a place he often afforded a wide berth, not wanting to disturb the mother and cubs in their first days together.

This time he sought out her den, pushing newly budding foliage that stood before him and hesitating as he peered into the dark opening of Enoki's den. He ducked his head down, carefully setting Elle on down on top of his large paws. He hated that he had to do this, that he had to ask so much of his leader after such a short time here, but he no other choice. "Enoki?" Eskil called softly, his ears flattening against his head and tail tucked slightly against his thighs, holding himself humbly as he awaited her response.
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
@Eskil 

"Enoki?" The soft calling of her name was hardly enough to warrant anything more than a light twitch of the slumbering matriarch's ear and a slight shift in her curled up position. A motion that in turn disturbed the nursing cubs at her stomach enough so to cause little cries of disapproval to fill the confined space of the den. It was these cries that held the true power of awakening the magpie from whatever pleasant dreams she had been having, ebony lids groggily peeling open to check on her children while a salmon painted tongue rolled out from between parted jaws in the form of a yawn.

After a few moments to allow the sleepiness to wear off some the new mother finally became aware of a presence at the mouth of their den, protective instincts kicking into overdrive and warranting inky lips to curl back defensively in the form of a small snarl while a low rumble vibrated in the depths of her chest. A warning that whoever was paying her a visit had best stay where they were if they valued keeping all four paws attached. "Who's there?" She spoke between rumbles of her growl, the various scents within the den between hers, the children, her mate's and various furs she had used to soften the den's floor overwhelming the woman's sense of smell and preventing her from detecting just who it was outside. 
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Enoki

Despite Eskil's best efforts to not startle the new mother, it seemed his presence had done just the opposite. Enoki's growls reverberated from the den, a clear warning for him to not move an inch further. It was obvious that she hadn't been expecting visitors, and by her muffled voice that filtered from the mouth of the den, she had no idea that it was him standing at its entrance. He lowered himself further, although she couldn't yet see him he didn't want any chance of intimidating her further. He knew there was no fury quite like a mother in defense of her cubs. Hopefully she would be merciful with him, for Elle's sake. 

"It's me, Eskil." He answered, sure that by now she was wondering what the hell he had woken her up for. "I'm sorry to bother you but... It's important, unfortunatly." He sighed, looking down to the small russet cub shivering before him. He dearly hoped that she would take her, this was the only hope Elle had at the moment. He wouldn't know what to do if she turned them away. Give her back to Asha with a 'here, sorry, I tried'? Would Asha even still be there if he went back? 
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
I know it says It is for Enoki but the thread is also titled AW, so I had Rav join. If it's not okay I can get rid if it. Sorry for any and all typos. Phone post. :/

It was only natural how new life within a pack could bring up moral so easily. With the arrival of the new pups in the pack territory, whatever scwables, self desires and bitter feelings there were was now seemingly put aside for the better of the children's growth in such crucial, delicate parts of the development. It was what Willow Ridge had been waiting for and what they had needed. Of course, Ravenna would never forget nor "get over" the death of her parents, just like she did not forget Adele or Isolde, though she had managed to learn to cope with it, to move on if only by keeping herself busy and looking to the future these children presented. After all, they were the very first children Ravenna had been around for an extended amount of time savor Attica who had been far from a newborn when she had arrived at their doorstep. Ravenna had been very excited for them and equally very protective of them.

It was not Eskil's voice which had stirred her, now the low growl and question which Enoki asked, but the sounds of the pups at her side, snuggled in the den, calling out in protest. Ravenna was not far, just around the "corner" really, where she was nestled and hidden within the grasses, curled in a ball at she napped. After taking some time hunting down a hare and presenting it to her Leader, she had taken to rest while Enoki did. Head lifting up suddenly now , she offers a deeply bellowed and yet still groggy woof, as though announcing "Halt!" to whoever it was who came near the den site. She lifts, padding over and noticing Eskil to which she then offers a wave. It was a short lived friendly gesture until then her eyes fell to the child. "Who's child is this?" And though she did not speak it, the underlying question here was 'Was it his?'. Whatever the manner, she knew an explanation would be given and given quickly.

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
I have no problem with @Ravenna being here, but up to @Eskil
Motion just beyond the entrance to her den caught her eye, smoldering amber eyes watching the pale cream legs that stood outside lower themselves toward the ground. A name to her visitor soon provided. Eskil and apparently he had an important issue to explain why he had come knocking on her door, the woman's attention fully captured now. New mother or not, Enoki still held the responsibility of a leader and would need to see to her pack's needs alongside her own. "Wha--" Before any more could fall from her lips, though, Ravenna's voice chimed in with a question that warranted ebony brows to knit in further confusion. 

Child? But her children were nestled safe and sound at her belly, what could Ravenna possibly be talking about? There was only one way the magpie could find out and after seeing that her children were once more sound asleep she carefully rose and emerged from the den, giving her mismatched pelt a firm shake to rid it of excess fur before settling her gaze on the silvered faces of Ravenna and Eskil. Until movement at the man's feet soon stole her attention. Glancing down, her gaze focused on the russet and silver cub nestled on his paws that couldn't be older than an hour most. A newborn? 

Even more confusion made itself present upon the woman's face, gaze quickly shooting up toward Eskils. "Explain." There were too many questions that she wanted to ask. Who's child was this? Where did it come from? Why was he here with it? Where was the mother? It was best to let the man explain rather than bombard him with a million and one questions. 
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Ravenna fine by me!

It seemed that their little interaction had not gone unnoticed with a loud defensive bark coming from somewhere behind him. Clearly Eskil was not a threat to Enoki, but still he bowed his head down lower to show that he truly meant no harm to both her and Ravenna.

Internally Eskil winced at Ravenna's question, clearly understanding what she meant in asking it. He hadn't thought of it at the time, having been so focused on rescuing the little thing, exactly how it would look for him to arrive with a child out of nowhere. Outwardly, however, the man simply took a slow breath, straightening up just the slightest amount now that he was sure nobody would be tearing his ears off. Not yet, at least. 

Eskil watched as Enoki emerged from her den, and the contrast between the two mother's couldn't be stronger. She was not a reed-thin whisp ready to blow away in the breeze like Asha had been. It only strengthened Eskil's conviction that he had done the right thing in taking Elle. The only matter now was to convince Enoki of the same.

His evergreen gaze roved sidewards towards Ravenna, a small apologetic smile edging in at the corners of his mouth. "It's not mine, for one." He said, as much as he wished that he could claim to have a child of his own making. He returned his attention to Enoki. On his way here he had considered what he was to say to her, but it was still no easier to explain. Please don't tell anyone where she came from, Asha's voice was still ringing in his ears.

"I came across a lone woman not far from here. There wasn't much left of her but skin and bones, and she'd just given birth." Eskil began, the slightly vague truth slipping from his lips. He motioned with his nose down towards Elle. "She begged that I take her cub, since she couldn't take care of it, and that I take it to someone who could." He finished, explaining just why there was now a strange pup on Enoki's doorstep.
(This post was last modified: May 19, 2017, 02:51 AM by Eskil.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
The seconds ticked by as silently Ravenna waited, though her body was stiffened and she would twitch with an impatience. Their leader came out from the den, shifting her eyes between them before landing on the small newborn settled on Eskil's large creamy paws. Only one word in question was offered to which then the male would explain. First and foremost, after glancing his attention to Ravenna, he confirmed that the child was not his own. So he had noticed what the silver woman had been hinting at then? She could not help the relief she felt at this, a heavy breath escaping her that she would not hide should he notice. Of course, he had not been in the pack very long, she did not know him well like she did Sven, Enoki or Nicolo, though could hope that she was in well enough standing with him that he would not lie to her, or his leaders.

He then went on to explain that he had found the woman when he was moving along the borders, that she was an unhealthy, lone woman who had given birth to this single child and begged him to take it to someone who could take care of it. Now he was here, at the mercy of Enoki's judgement. Again Ravenna was at a loss, raging with question after question, wanting to know why Eskil had brought this child to Willow Ridge's territory before the paws of Enoki. Did he know this woman for her to have trusted him with her child's life? What was she to him if so? Why had the mother not come as well, begging for her to be with her own child instead of abandoning it?

Ravenna's paws dug deep into the earth with anxiousness, concern on her expression as the muscles in her jaw tightened, fighting the urge to rape Eskil with an overflow of demanding questions.This was not her child. This was not her pack. It was Enoki's decision if she would raise this pup or not,though Ravenna could be only left to wonder what Nicolo would think of it, or Sven? The thought of her nephew left a bitter reminder that he was born not of the leader's children and even as family had been cast aside in order for the leader's pups to have a better chance at life.... But they had not. Ravenna's sister had died that winter. For years the pack had sustained three children each spring. None had disappeared without a trace, none had gotten sick,none had died.... Until there was four. Perhaps this little runt on Eskil's feet would make a lucky brake seeing as Enoki this year had a litter of just two.
(This post was last modified: May 22, 2017, 02:24 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Wisely, the man wasted no time in beginning his explanation for why there was this unknown cub suddenly present at the doorstep of her den. The first thing he mentioned was a quick fact that despite any silent assumptions made on the women's behalf the child at his paws did not belong to him, a heavy breath released by Ravenna not amiss by the matriarch despite her attention resting solely on the male and pup in question. That answered only a fraction of the questions that needed answers, but Enoki didn't have to wait long to hear the rest of the tale.

Remaining silent, the magpie allowed the man to say his piece while a deep frown marred the inky complexion of her facial features. Apparently from what information Eskil had provided her with the child in question at his paws was now an orphan. Her mother incapable of providing the essential nutrients for feeding her was a tragedy waiting to happen and surely spelled out certain death for the newborn had she stayed put. A heavy sigh escapes Enoki's lips and her gaze falls once more upon the girl, a softened expression now present. "Her story is a shame." she begins, gaze now holding onto Eskil's yet again.

"I can not blame you for wanting to help the mother in need. Had I been in your position I would have done the same, that is just the nature of who I am. You've done the right thing bringing her here to an extent, but I can't guarantee this pup's survival. I can provide her food which she desperately needs, however, heed this warning that I will not jeopardize my own in the process. My cubs will always be put first and I will expect you to take the initiative to help with her care the older she becomes. You have brought her into our home thus she will become your responsibility." Perhaps her words came off harsh, but Enoki would be damned to let history repeat itself amongst the willows. 
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Ravenna

Eskil's finely tuned ears just barely caught the quiet but distinct exhalation from Ravenna behind him. Obviously his answer had come as a relief to her, and he wasn't sure whether to take it as a compliment or an insult that she thought he might be capable of siring a litter on the sly. He wasn't like Eirian, even if was possible he wouldn't have dreamed of knocking up a lone female; the outcome of that particular decision was now at his feet, with the mother out doing god knows what at the moment. 

Eskil watched Enoki's face out of the corner of his eye from his bowed head, seeing the elder woman sigh as well. He waited patiently for her answer, knowing the weight of the burden he asked her to carry. "Thank you," Eskil said once Enoki had finished speaking, lifting his eyes slightly to meet hers with a look of gratitude. 

"I understand, that is more than fair. Once she is weaned, I will take on her care." Eskil said with a nod. Of course Enoki needed to put her own children first, and she had every right to turn the abandoned cub away. But still the leader found it in her heart to spare what she could for the child, it was only fair that Eskil would help raise the girl.

He straightened slightly, adding "Her mother named her Elle."