(See All?) Announcements
382 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Nadine

Separation Anxiety — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She'd been exhausted after bringing little Oksana into the world and just as she had been wanting from the day she told him Lorcan had been there. A few days had passed since her little bundle had graced them with her presence and Inna had found it hard to leave her even for a short time. She'd grown even more attached to her daughter since her birth and she felt Lorcan had as well. She knew he checked on them often but couldn’t be sure just how much. In the days following her delivery she'd slept a lot curled around her daughter to keep her warm and to feel her tiny chest with each expansion of breath. Inna worried less that something would happen to Oksana but she kept a close eye on her daughter to ensure she was taken care of if something did come up.

It was midday when she’d been awoken by Oksana shifting positions as she slept against Inna's side. The new mother placed a gentle kiss on her daughter crown before slowly moving away from the dark ball of fur. She rose to her feet and pulled one of the furs over her cub to keep her warm. After making sure her daughter was tucked in she stretched before moving to the mouth of the den. Stopping just outside the entrance she scented the air and took note of not only Lorcan but Mace's absence.

Inna took a few more steps from the den before looking back inside, a whine vibrating her throat. She didn't want to leave Oksana alone or otherwise but she knew she had to get used to it.

(This post was last modified: May 20, 2017, 01:03 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Kris who has 21 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Splashing Otter
Three litters.

Otter reckoned he had picked the right back by that fact alone. Not that he had picked the river wolves so much as stumbled across them first. But that was how he operated. He was an impulsive and carefree sort that floated around like a leaf on the wind. His paws had drifted here and he had no reason to shuffle them away. So he stayed, and for now was thrilled to be ranked among the prosperous.

But his itch to meet and play with all the pups was a growing agitation. It was to him as bothersome as ants in his pelt. He felt it tingle in his toes and ripple up his limbs and across his spine. Otter frequently skirted around the nurseries hoping to see a small nose peeking from the looming dark of a den, but it was early yet. Still he was an ever-moving shadow among the forest, always roaming and looking for something to do.

This time, as he cast by the den of a packmate he had yet to formerly meet, he was excited to see her standing there. She was looking back in the den, reluctant to leave. Otter bounded toward her, carrying a stick in his jaws that he had snapped off a small dead piece of timber. It was lightly gnawed and darkened with spit, as he had mouthed and shifted it across his molars as he jogged along.

"Hey!" He called out, his enthusiastic greeting somewhat garbled as his tongue tried to form the word around the stick.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

There were many things in life that Inna had thought were hard things to do but she had been wrong. To leave her daughter I'm the den all alone was the hardest thing she'd ever do of that she was certain. Her tiny little body counted on her mother for so many things and Inna didn't want there to ever be a time when Oksana didn't think her mother wasn't there for her. Right then she hadn't planned to go too far from the ebony tuft. She hadn't decided how far but she had wanted to stay within​ hearing distance at the very least.

Once she reached the entrance to her den she was having second thoughts about the whole thing. She should just wait for Lorcan or Mace to return and they could sit with her until she'd stretched her legs enough. Inna didn't know how she was to get back to her duties once Oksana was old enough if she couldn't leave her. She'd just decided she was just going to sit outside the den for a bit when her thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

Inna’s head turned to face the wolf that was approaching, ears forward on her head as she faced the male. She was confused about where he'd come from and what he was doing there of all places. It was clear by his scent he belonged in Hearthwood but she hadn't meant him and hi proximity to her den made her nervous. She made up her mind that if he tried anything where her daughter was concerned he would pay for it.

“Hello, who might you be?” She asked as politely as she could in that moment. He seemed harmless enough with the stick I'm his mouth that he'd clearly been playing with. “I’m Inna,” she added as she wanted to get the pleasantries out of the way quickly.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: May 21, 2017, 02:32 PM by Inna.)

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
-Ayti flies in-

The charcoaled wolf had been spending a lot of time fetching things for Inna since Oksana's birth. Fish, water - hell, a stick for a chew toy. Anything he could think of to help or entertain the young mother while she was in the den with her child. There was no doubt in Aytigin's mind that he was somehow enamored with the raven - a bit of a crush, perhaps? - but he was more driven by the caring of a friend than anything else. He simply wanted to make sure that she was as cared for and attended to as possible, and he felt as though he should be helping. Whether that meant bringing her things, being there for her to talk to, or simply guarding the den, Ayti didn't care. He felt privileged to be able to be around her at all. Which was why he was on his way to bring her a fresh rabbit he'd caught just a few moments ago.

And it was also why he sped up at the scent of some stranger heading toward her densite, because fuck. no. No stranger should be near her or near Oksana, who Aytigin felt protective of, as well. Not like a father, or anything, but highly protective.

He broke into a run and entered the clearing right after Inna asked the stranger his name. There, the massive wolf slowed down and took in the stranger's sight and scent. He was smaller than Ayti, but had dark fur, and smelled like the River wolves. Therefore, he must be one of the new packmates. Not that that was of much importance at the moment, because who the hell did he think he was? Inna clearly didn't know him, and that was reason enough to piss Ayti off.

The chocolate-colored man carried the rabbit over to the young mother and dropped it at her paws, then touched his nose to her muzzle. His posture lowered around her in both regards to his rank and his natural inclination to not want to frighten anyone with his size. "Lunch for the beautiful lady," he purred in an overly-sensual way, implying that he wasn't being all that serious with the tone. She looked well, and after deciding that, the massive man turned to face the newcomer. He rose to his full height, his tail leveling out with his backbone. "Who are you?" he asked, narrowing his hazel eyes and glancing back toward Inna to check and see what she wanted him to do with the stranger.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Splashing Otter
Otter had a happy tail. It wagged more often than it sagged. To truly read Otter one had to be aware of the nuances in how it wagged. The casual observer might think he was particularly pleased or excited at any given moment. But the keener eye would not think so until they saw the cadence of his wagging pick up — as it did when Inna greeted him in return with a kind tongue and not her teeth. Only then was he truly pleased. Prior to that, he was simply his usual self. Carefree and optimistic and, yes, happy, for he had no reason not to be.

"I'm—" He was cut short. The sudden appearance of another packmate drew his eye from the new mother. This one was male and not so welcoming. He faced Otter at full height with a stiff tail and narrowed eyes. Otter blinked at him before choosing a spot on the larger wolf's chest to focus his gaze. His tail was still happy, but had slowed to a lazy pendulum. He dropped the stick and answered. "Otter. I'm new here." There was an empty formality to his voice. He was unimpressed with his packmate's behavior but for now afforded him the benefit of the doubt — pups often seemed to bring out the wild in others. It was just not something the free spirit took kindly to.

"I was just hoping to meet the new mother and her newborns. I won't eat them. I promise. Now if they had feathers, well, I could make no promises then." Otter punctuated his joke with a cluck, grinned, and winked up at the protective male, hoping to loosen him up and relax him.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Traveling far from the den while Oksana slept just wasn't an option for Inna that day but perhaps a short walk around the area the surrounded the den would be okay. She would be within hearing distance in case her cub needed her and she would be able to get there quickly if need be. She still wasn't as quick as she once was but she could feel her strength returning and any leftover pain from delivering her healthy​ baby girl had disappeared days ago so she felt well enough to stretch her legs a bit.

However, shortly after she'd exited the den she was greeted by an unknown pack mate. Wasn't sure when he'd​ arrived since she'd been in her den since before Oksana's birth. Though she still wasn't too keen on strangers being so close she gave this one the benefit of the doubt and allowed him to stay. Ayti arrived a rabbit in his mouth just as the strange wolf was going to tell her his name but was interrupted by the chocolate male who'd dropped s rabbit at her feet before touching his nose to her muzzle. A smile formed on her maw from the gift and the words he uttered, “Thank you Ayti this is perfect. Oksana will be happy you're keeping her mother so we'll fed,” she said placing a friendly kiss to his cheek. Since his joining the chocolate pelted man had become a good friend and he had been taking good care of her. She had come to enjoy his company when Lorcan couldn't be with her. Inna did frown slightly at the tone her friend was taking with the newest member, “Be nice Ayti,” she said bumping his shoulder, “You don't want to scare him off.” Inna then turned to the newest member, “It's nice to meet you Otter. I think your name suits you very well. I'm Inna and this is Ayti.”

Then Otter spoke about meeting her and Oksana and made a joke, “I guess it's a good thing she doesn't have feathers then. Oksana is sleeping right now it or at least she was when I left her.” Inna's ears flicked toward the den to check for any sounds coming from inside.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: May 24, 2017, 06:16 PM by Inna.)

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Aytigin was greeted by a kiss to the cheek that set his ears burning with a heat that he would never admit to. He smirked and nosed her cheek in return, taking a step back. "She better; I'm makin' sure she gets fed, too." He joked and then took a glance toward the den fondly, still anxiously awaiting the day he'd be able to meet Oksana personally. He couldn't wait for all of the pups, actually - he'd certainly pup-sit all day every day, as they had suggested at the borders when he'd first arrived at the River.

Their other packmate introduced himself and made a little joke, punctuated with a cluck and a wink. Ayti was taken aback for a moment, but then his former suspicion gave way to intrigue. (And still some suspicion because Otter's joke involved something or other about eating Oksana if she had feathers, which wasn't okay.) However, that, coupled with Inna telling him to be nice, caused the massive male to relax and let his tail fall into a friendly wave down next to his hocks.

"Sorry, pal," he apologized genuinely, lowering his posture to match that of the younger male - which took quite a bit of effort on the giant's part. "I'm really not into the whole... fighting thing. Jus' didn't know if you were bothering Inna and Oksana, 's all." He smiled then, perking his ears. "I'm Aytigin, but everyone calls me Ayti because my name sounds like it belongs to a pompous jackass." He winked as well, hoping that his echo of the younger's joking manner would help breach the rift he'd caused. He had no doubt that he could end up being fond of the man, judging by his welcoming and teasing personality.

He turned back to Inna, golden hazel eyes searching out her orange. "Were you going out? Would you like me to watch the den for you?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "I won't go in," he was quick to reassure. "It's just that you haven't been out much since Oksana was born, and if you needed someone to sit outside and make sure she was safe, then I'd be more than willing." A smile settled on his maw as he regarded the young woman, now more or less completely at ease
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Splashing Otter
The new mother had accepted Otter's warm presence and instructed her stalwart guardian to do the same. He was obliging, encouraged perhaps by the newer member's friendly jest. Otter straightened a bit into a loose and casual stance as the larger male relaxed his posture. He tipped his muzzle down in acknowledgement of the apology, the easy smile on his face and the happy sway of his tail indicative of how quick Otter was to forgive and forget. In his mind there was no sense hanging on to negativity. He'd far sooner return to a state of peace and happiness than butt heads with anyone on petty matters.

"No fur lost," he quipped, chuckling softly at the other male's return of jest before commenting on the topic of names. "My family has a long standing tradition of being named after something in our surroundings. It's kind of a way of paying respect to all the things that make our life what it is, and a reminder for us to be guardians of the land and its inhabitants."

Otter's family and indeed Otter himself had a profound reverence for nature and all that dwell within it. They understood the complex connections between the smallest fly and the largest bear and recognized their own place within the web. They knew how fragile life could be and with the gift of heart and intelligence sought to enjoy all that could be enjoyed; and there was no wolf better at chasing happiness than the river subordinate. To some, Otter and his family were a bit eccentric. Perhaps they were, but if asked, they would say that they had learned to live where other wolves thought only to survive.

"You're worse than a hen on a clutch of eggs when there's a fox around." Otter laughed, stepping forward to lightly bump his snout against the other male's shoulder. "You're going to turn gray well before your years worrying so much. Must be your first time being a father is it? I bet Inna here knows how to ask for help when she needs it, ha."
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It disappointed her a little that she had not been able to welcome him into the pack when he'd first arrived. It was something that she enjoyed doing and felt it an important part of being a member of Hearthwood. However, he was here now so she would do what she could to make him feel as welcome and that meant getting Ayti to back off a little and be nice when he became a little too protective. Though Inna wouldn't lie she did like that he was protective of her but Oksana as well. The smile returned to her face when he apologized to Otter for his behavior toward him.

It pleased the new mother that the men were getting along, she liked Otter and though ue was very nice. Though she wasn't sure she would trust him to pupsit her daughter just yet she felt he was a nice addition to Hearthwood. “I hadn't thought of naming her after something in nature when I named Oksana but it's a good idea.” Nature was too important to the wolves not to appreciate it and honor it by naming children after things found there. “Your family sounds like they were really nice.” Which explained why Otter was so nice, at least that was what she believed.

Ayti brought her attention back to him when. He asked about her going out and offering to watch the den for her. He even made sure to assure her he would not enter the den. “I was thinking about it but realized I can't leave her, not yet.” It was too soon for Inna to leave her daughter even just to go for a short walk. Inna looked back to the mouth of the den a quiet whine leaving her. “She just so small still but I do appreciate the offer Ayti.” The Ebony Baranski had never thought she could feel the way she did about Oksana. The thought of leaving her terrified her so many things could go wrong.

Inna turned back to Otter as he spoke about how Ayti was being about her and Oksana, she bumped his shoulder once more playfully. It was however what Otter suggested next that brought a smirk to her inky maw and a look cast in the chocolate man's direction. She thought she would let Ayti handle this one.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: May 28, 2017, 03:25 AM by Inna.)