407 Users Online
Juniper, Google, Oleander, Jethro, Viorel, Bing, Clover

Cover Story — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
@Astrid

Leotie had been doing her due diligence the past weeks once the pups were born just as Naira had said in the meeting. She'd been helping to keep the caches full and patrolling the borders multiple times a day. She was still irked by what the aloha had implied but she didn't allow it to show, what good would it do her. Most days she worked so hard that by the time the sun set she was dragging herself into the communal den to curl up against the farthest wall.

Something that had not gone unnoticed by her despite how busy she kept herself was the absence of Sven. Usually he would visit but as of late she had not seen him, that bothered her. She knew Enoki was expecting a litter of her own so Leotie figured that Sven was probably busy with the pups, surely they would have arrived by now. As the weeks passed Leotie began to wonder if that was keeping him away at all, it surely wasn't his leader duties as he had still come to visit after gaining the position.

Deciding that she needed to know more Leotie left the borders of Charred Ash Draw. She didn't plan to go as far as Willow Ridge for answers but she thought that maybe his scent would be somewhere a little closer. Her paws carried her in the direction of Swift River, she didn't know if there would be anything there but it didn't hurt to look. She soon found herself close enough to the river to hear it's rushing water but she could not yet see it. That was where she started her search for Sven but also something to bring back to the caches, she didn't want Naira or Kerb to know what she had been up to.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 22, 2017, 09:27 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Kydnt who has 39 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
Astrid hadn't nessicarily meant to get separated from her traveling companion, but days she had last seen Mathuin were getting farther and farther away. There was no denying that the golden-haired girl was a capricious sort, easily overtaken by flights of whimsy and pulled in whatever direction the wind was blowing much like a dandelion puff on the breeze. It was hard to say whether this particular dandelion was ever going to land and set roots anywhere, but for now Astrid was content enough seeing the sights of Relic Lore and stopping to both metaphorically and literally sniff the roses along the way. She did miss Mat though and had gotten used to his presense in the time they'd spent together. Often when coming across something particularly interesting she would look over her shoulder to gladly inform her tree-limbed friend of her discovery, only to find he wasn't there. 

Astrid wasn't sure if she should look for him, but had reasoned that since she had no idea where the boy could be now, it was just as well that she continued on her way and hope that she bumped into him by chance again. After all, chance had brought them together in the first place, and if they were meant to meet again the fates would will it. So Astrid tried to not worry too much about where Mathuin could be, or what he could be doing without her. She was sure her friend was having a great time, and wanted to make sure she had some good stories to tell him the next time she saw him.

Astrid bounced along through the ancient forest, dainty white paws flitting over the soft, spongey moss that made up the forest floor.  A trickling sound met her ears and Astrid twisted and turned through the trees to make her way towards the water source. She had no plans on taking any more plunges into the water, especially without anyone around to come to her rescue should she need it. But the gregarious girl was aware that water often brought all sorts of creatures great and small out to quench their thirst, and if she was lucky she would get to meet somebody new.

Astrid's face lit up when she saw a fellow wolf walking through the forest, seemingly looking for something. The golden plume of her tail swayed energetically as she broke into a trot, a happy 'woof' coming from her narrow muzzle in greeting. "Hey there!" She shouted as she came closer to the stranger, "Did you lose something?" She asked sweetly.
[Image: V8yGQ6c.gif]
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

As she looked for Sven checking every place in the area for any sign in his scent she played what was said at the meeting and after back in her mind. The agouti woman had never been so bothered by something as she was now and it bothered her that she was so bothered. The fact that she felt she had to hide her actions and emotional s from Kerb was truly sad. She had thought him her friend, a best friend, but it didn't seem that was the case anymore. With Triell’s injury flaring up and Kerb taking lead not to mention the loss of trust with Naira she was starting to feel as she did in Oak Tree Bend.

It was not supposed to be this way, they were supposed to be a family but either Naira's words she felt as though that had been shattered. Part of her wondered if it was the arrival of the pups that had caused this to happen, she of course would not blame them. How could it be their fault when all they thought about was sleeping and eating. Leotie had yet to see any of them but maybe that wasn't the best. She feared that she may fall in love with them and then things go badly.

She didn't want to think about it all so she continued looking for signs of her friend as well as a plump rabbit to bring back. If she was hunting they couldn't say anything to her and it would be best if she was successful. A happy sounding ‘woof’ caused her ears to flick back in the direction it had come from. Soon a greeting was shouted in her direction followed by the sound of footfalls. Leotie turned to face the stranger as she was asked if she'd lost something. “Hello, I'm, I'm not really sure if I have lost something but I am looking for someone or rather a sign that they might have been there.”

Being so far from home she didn't have the need to have to assert her dominance or make sure the woman didn't cross their borders. She could just be Leotie and that was nice since she'd been keeping so much to herself lately. It didn't feel right if she were honest but she didn't see what other choice she had. With a smile she gave the woman a nod, “What brings you to Sacred Grove?’

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 22, 2017, 10:11 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
Astrid's brows lifted and her ears perked forward as the woman mentioned that she hadn't exactly lost something, but rather someone. The honeyed girl was in much the same predicament as the stranger, even if Astrid wasn't as obviously searching for her friend as this wolf was. "Oh! That's too bad!" Astrid said with a small pout. "I hope that you find them!" She added hopefully, for a sour expression could never last long on the girl's face.

The stranger's question was one that Astrid wasn't quite sure how to answer offhand. Nothing really ever brought her anywhere, and Sacred Grove was no exception. She'd simply ended up here, same as everywhere else. "Why, my paws did!" She giggled with a cheeky little smile, her tail wriggling. But perhaps the woman was looking for a more serious answer. "I'm an adventurer," She explained with the most serious expression the sunbeam could muster, which wasn't very serious at all with the big smile across her face. "So I'm exploring anywhere and everywhere! I had an adventure buddy, but we got split up a week ago. I'm sure he's fine though, he's a much better adventurer than me." She admitted.
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Was Sven lost or had he just stopped coming, maybe Kerb or Naira had said something, she was even starting wonder if she could trust Zerxes. He had started to make her believe that he wasn't as bad as she originally thought but now. That meeting had really opened her eyes and now she spent more and more of her time wondering. “It is, I'm just worried about him.” She didn't understand why he would just disappear which was leading her to think she would have to go to Willow Ridge and find the answers. “Thank you, I hope I find him too.” And soon, she needed to talk to him and not only to find out what had happened to him.

Leotie changed the subject from herself and Sven to what the girl was doing in Sacred Grove. What had brought her there, perhaps she was looking for a pack or just a place to rest her paws for awhile. The agouti’s brow rose at the girls first response but then she went on to explain she was an adventurer. “How is that going for you, do you like it?” Perhaps taking up that sort of life what what she should do in light of recent events. However, it seemed the girl was in a similar situation to her own. She too had a friend that she had gotten separated from but she didn't seem to worried about him. “Don't you want to share your adventures with him? It sounds like quite the life though. Do you miss having him with you to share your experiences with?” Leotie wondered how she might fare if she were on her own.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2017, 02:43 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
Astrid smiled a sunbeam of a smile at the other girl's question. Did she love it! Why, Astrid felt so positively about her adventures so far, even the ones that hadn't turned out so well, that it clearly showed on the honeyed girl's radiant face. 

"Oh, I love it! I've seen so much already, and there is so much more that I want to see!" She said with great enthusiasm, her paws dancing beneath her excitedly as she spun in a little circle. "We saw a forest filled with knocked over trees, and a giant toad, and went up the mountains and by some rapids. I even fell into the water! But luckily Mat was there to pull me right out." She explained with a serious nod. Just briefly something approaching sorrow flicked over the girls face. Mathuin wasn't around to help her anymore if she got into any more sticky situations. And the tawny female's next question reinforced that fact as she asked if she missed her adventure buddy. 

"Oh, I mean of course I wish he was still with me." She answered with a slight droop of her ears. But it was like a brief cloud flitting across a sunny blue sky, and the expression was short lived. "But see, thats why I gotta keep going! What if when I see him again he's got all these cool stories to share about the adventures he's been on, and I don't have anything half as cool to tell him!" Astrid said. Truly, she wanted to impress the boy with all the neat things she had done and seen in their time apart. And she couldn't do that if the only story she had was was about how she wandered around searching for him. 

A thought suddenly occurred to the harebrained girl. "You don't think he's looking for me, do you?" she asked with worry. The last thing she wanted was her friend to interrupt his travels just to find her.
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The sound of having an adventure appealed to the agouti woman very much but she had to stay in the draw. She pledged herself to the and wouldn't abandon them even if she was questioning them. Still a girl could dream about what awaited her outside the borders of the draw. What sort of things could be get herself into?

These were all questions she didn't want to feel in for too long or she might truly consider taking an adventure. The agouti woman tail swung happily behind her as she listened to the girl describe some of the things she'd seen. “It does sound like you have seen and done a lot. Thank goodness you had Mat there to pull you out. What other kinds of things are out there that you would like to see don't think?” Since she'd come to the lore she hadn't really ever thought about going on adventures, it had always been survival for her.

Leotie wondered if the girl missed her friend like the agouti woman often missed hers when he wasn't around. “How did the two of you become separated?” Perhaps she was a little more curious than she should be but maybe Astrid wouldn't mind. She shook her head as the girl spoke of having her own stories when she first Ally did meet up with her friend, “Maybe you will have much better stories to tell him, I suppose it's a much bigger world than I ever really realized before out there,” she said looking past Astrid into the forest. She suddenly felt like she might be missing out on a lot but then again it was nice having a place to rest her head at night and not have to worry about where her next meal was coming from. “Do you ever think about finding a pack? It's not easy on your own.” When she had first came to the lore joining a pack had been necessity for her and they were patient with her and all the things she didn't know. Now she knew a lot more, could she make it on her own? It was a question. She'd never had to think about much.

Leotie was brought back to the current conversation as Astrid asked if she thought Mat was looking for her. “I don't know but I suppose he could be or maybe he wants to have some good stories too for when you meet up again.” Since she didn't know Astrid's friend it was hard to know what he might be thinking or doing. Ut Leotie had tried to give the best answer she could.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 28, 2017, 03:13 AM by Leotie.)