(See All?) Announcements
756 Users Online
Google, Bing

Breaking the Peace — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>It was a clear mild day. Small, lazy clouds drifted across the azure sky with no destination in mind. A light breeze kissed the ground as it twisted and swirled around the forest layout, cleansing the <span class='word'>fusty</span> smell away whilst caressing branches and lush green leaves on its way and stirring them from their slumber for only a moment. It was peaceful. It was calm. It was one of those days where an afternoon nap seemed so very appealing that most of the forest creatures were taking a short moment to close their eyes, breath deeply and rela—

<i>Crash!</i>

A nearby thicket was torn in two as a huge black wolf ripped through the dense branches, eyes set on two brown rabbits who were hopping for their lives. His jaws were but inches away from the hind leg of the smallest rabbit before they vanished into a burrow beneath a tree. Unable to stop himself fast enough, despite his claws tearing up the earth to slow his momentum, the wolf collided head first into the trunk and landed on his rear with a thump.

“You snivelling little critters!” <i>Scratch. Scratch. Scuff.</i> “I will bathe in your entrails, do ya’ll hear me?!”

He began to dig.

His black lips were pulled back into a snarl; wiry hackles were standing on end whilst low rumbles were emitted from his chest. His dead grey eyes were narrowed on the dark hole situated beneath a large tree whilst mud and debris were firing off in all directions behind him. Clearly he was intent on fitting in that hole, and whilst he might be a bit on the skinny side, he was still a little too large to attempt such a fete. However, with a very bad temper and malicious streak he was determined to destroy the pair of rabbits who had out-smarted him and managed to escape his pearly white jaws. Not to mention the bump on his head was enough to sour his mood and just tip him even further over the edge.

His fluid motions had widened the mouth of the burrow large enough so that his head would fit, and any passerby would receive a lovely view of his rear waggling in the air whilst he body took on a bowing position.

Quite the entrance, aye Rhysis?</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Blood flowed through his shifting appendages, and the warm air pressed around his obsidian coat was pleasant. It was to perfect of a day not to wander, and he was not one to pass up an opportune moment. He set out across the river, the snow more compact than sugar, and continued north. He would not stop in the Wildwood or head toward the falls. Today he would by bass the charcoal lands, and running water heading to the Ghastly Woods. The young Tainn had discovered them once, but had never ventured further because when he arrived it was often dark. He craved something different today, and had to see something new.

He crept along the twisted debris, and fauna his ears like points atop his head. His eyes wide, and bright darting from heaven to earth wary of the dire surroundings. It took little effort to scratch his paws, or for a branch to snag his thick winter coat. No hurry he took his pace slow, and glided soon picking up not just prey, but a young, lone male.

<i>Odd.</i> He'd only met a one male once who had happened to be trespassing on Swift River grounds, and it hadn't ended well. His nose twitched inhaling the scent once more, something, something just seemed similar to something he had crossed but he didn't understand what. Black ears tipped back, and he weighed his options. The wolf was his own age, couldn't be so bad to see if he was friendly?

Stalking the stranger it was a time before he caught up to him. He had not heard his snarls or words. He had little thought about what rabbits he could be following until he saw a black rump sticking from a smaller burrow. A brow raised, and he halted a good four wolf lengths away, merely watching as he assumed the rogue was trying to get a meal, most desperately. Triell didn't want to be rude, and loudly called out, <b>"Need some help or rabbit got your tongue?"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2012, 06:03 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>The rabbits were long gone, having bolted into the burrow without looking back, they knew what was trying to follow them and they were not stupid enough to glance over their shoulders- their burrows had never let them down before and although the black wolf had managed to expand the entrance, they were long gone now… and no doubt giggling, Rhys thought.

The dirt clogged his claws, his teeth were full of twigs and leaves and goodness knows what else, yet he continued to scuffle at the dirt. It was such a pointless mission, but one he was determined to see though- that was until he heard a loud voice from behind him.

He instantly stopped his digging, whirled around on the spot and let his grey gaze travel to the fellow dark male who stood across from him. Instantly his mind kicked into gear, analyzing everything he could from the fellow. He was a similar age to Rhysis, but clearly hadn’t had the misery of being a longer because he had more meat on his bones, well that and he was covered in the scent of many others. He felt himself inwardly shudder at the thought of pack life and the memories which came with it. His upbringing hadn’t exactly been a Disney movie, one could call it a horror, thriller and crime instead.

His eyes narrowed for a brief moment as he weighed up the others stance; he seemed almost friendly and he instantly turned on the charm. Time to make friends… maybe not long term, but so long as they had a use he supposed.

He emitted a chuckle.

“Oh my. Saw that did ya? Talk about embarrassing, eh friend?” He slowly reclined to sit, cocked his head and then added. “Names Rhysis, friend.”</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>His muscles were tight, like a finger close to touching a trigger as the male continued tearing at the earth. Had he been too quite or was the wolf partially deaf? It wasn't even half a second the brute stopped, and flipped 'round to face him. The Tainn held his neutral stance while sizing up, and studying for clues to the other's mood, and demeanor. It wouldn't be the first time he'd met a psycho, as he had not forgotten his strange encounter with a copper male damning him to hell for marking a tree.

It was so strange staring back at the obsidian mass, like if he wasn't looking so close he might mistake it for his reflection as he had not met but one wolf black as night. like him. He did not blink, or gawk. His face was smooth, and his topaz gaze bright with intelligence. There was difference between them. Triell had a pure white patch to his chest, while this wolf was purely black. The greatest contrast between them was the stranger's rugged appearance, and eyes which were a plain grey. There was nothing that screamed an alarm about him, but the fact the wolf had to be a loner. Still he was cautious saying nothing, and moving no further. Let him be the one to say or act.

He noticed the shift in gaze, but it vanished a deep laugh interrupting the quiet that had been cast over them. Right ear cocked in the male's direction, and he watched him keeping his facade of indifference. <i>Maybe he was a whack-job after all.</i> Wait, finally a reply of words, and his grin tugged at the corner of his lips. He rolled his large shoulders, <b>"Well, I assume they did something terrible, or your just terribly hungry."</b> Tone was smooth, and rang with the friendly beat it most often did. Of coarse he didn't tag friend to his sentence, Triell would just have to see about that.

But, he supposed there was no harm in being friendly, maybe he really needed one more than his gangly form let on. Who couldn't use a friend? <b>"I'm Triell, so you must be new around here?"</b>
</blockquote>
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>It was refreshing to have a more relaxed introduction taking place; it made his job of being nice that much easier and less stressful. His mind was given a momentary break as he settled into the conversation that was to be had. Although mindless chit chat was not a favourite past time of his, he still found it easier then having to plan what was going to happen minutes further into the future. It was almost like a breath of fresh air, apart from the fact of course he had to be “nice Rhysis”, a character who he hated with every breath of his existence. He wondered for a moment, how differently things would be panning out if he had come to Relic Lore as himself, would he be swimming with alliances, not friends, but those who would fight with him for a greater cause… or would his smart mouth have gotten him killed already.
Alas, he made the decision to come here and be agreeable, no matter how disgusted he felt doing it.

He listened to the other speak. He seemed an okay kind of guy… and the real Rhysis may have been mocking him, but fake Rhysis would get along with this kind of fellow just fine.

He looked down as his appearance at the first comment and smirked to himself. “You could say hunger is getting the better of me… I seem to be having a growth spurt and not enough nourishment to handle it. Pretty pathetic huh?” He didn’t really care what the other thought, though he knew full well he needed to get some meat on his bones and soon if he were to succeed in his future plans.

“Yeah, I arrived not long ago actually. I’m on the trail of a littermate and an older sibling actually, which is how I found this place.” He answered honestly… his sisters were the reason he was here, but it was not going to be a happy family reunion- he’d make sure of that. “I assume you’re from a local pack?” He asked with a tilt of the head.
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Black ears were drawn to the male's voice, his eyes taking notice of the smirk. He met few loners who were not starving, or looking for someone and this wolf was doing both. He was sure he would catch something to eat, and maybe he'd offer to help. He was still analyzing as other then the wolves in his pack, his brothers he had yet to meet another male he could trust. Past experiences had not taught him any better.

<b>"That's no good, maybe I should show you were some beavers are. They're a lot easier to catch than rabbits,"</b> he offered being friendly in return. It wasn't like it was wrong to let him know where some easy meals would be, if the wolf stayed out Swift River he'd be fine. Skull tipped slightly, and his nostrils flared once more picking up his scent. If he came across anyone who had the same perhaps he could help them find each other. Once more the sense of familiarity about it struck him, like something he should know, but still could not decide, and he placed the smell to his memory with the name Rhysis instead.

His lips drawing in a tight line, he wondered how he'd gotten separated from his family.<b>"These siblings have names?"</b> He asked, almost unsure if he should really be inquiring, but if he was looking for him Triell could help. He had met quite a few wolves in Relic Lore. Maybe he'd now them, and maybe he wouldn't.

<b>"I am, Swift River actually,"</b> and he answered, then pointed behind him in the direction of his home. It wasn't greatly far from here, but enough it would take some time to return. His paws tightened, and he relaxed against the earth in a quick movement from his pent energy. He studied once more the black brute, and his tail gave a faint twitch wondering what else he might want to know.

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2012, 10:50 PM by Triell.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>Beaver? He’d never had that before. His pack had stuck to a strict diet of gorging themselves on deer until they could barely walk… and as soon as they were able to function correctly again they would hunt again. Sometimes they hadn’t even polished off the whole carcus, they hunted for the fun of the kill and as deer were the trickiest they had never let themselves dine on an easy meal. It was only by chance that their mother had taught them to catch smaller prey before they were booted out- he’d never been on a large pack hunt, so he’d only ever known what scraps were left for him and the rabbits and small animals he had caught himself.
However, he didn’t want to look like an idiot and ask what a beaver was, instead he tilted his head and nodded at the offer. “Sure, that’d be great. Thanks.”

Sure, making friends wasn’t top of his list, especially since he had now learned that this wolf had a pack, that meant he wasn’t like to be recruited to his future pack, but for now he had his uses and if an easy meal was to be hard, he wasn’t going to say no.

He stood from his sitting position, allowing his muscles to stretch every so slightly during the movement to awaken them. He took a few paces towards the other male but kept his distance- he knew all too well that looks could be deceiving, and whilst he was born fighting, that didn’t meant he wanted to tangle with a pack wolf… packs were fickle things when you touched their stuff. He decided to leave the subject well alone. He didn't want to draw too much attention to the fact he was happy without a pack. It wasn't like he wanted to be alone forever, in fact he hated to be alone, but he just had his own plans in mind. Most wolves would jump at the chance to join a pack or at least visit it, but not Rhysis.

“My littermate isVolken… my age, but she’s grey and black with blue eyes… most usually remember her by the eyes.” He added whilst he took those few steps forwards. He was forcing himself not to scowl at the memory of her, the last sight he saw of her was her running for her life after he had attacked her... He didn’t like his sister, not one little bit. He blamed her for being alone right now after she ran off, he blamed her for their exile, despite it having nothing to do with her; thanks to her he had lost his crown and he could not wait to show her just how much he hated her. “And the other is a half-sister. She's older then me, called Ranger. I’ve never met her though so I couldn’t tell you what she looked like.”

</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>He pointedly blinked while his words were registered, wondering if beavers didn't appeal to the wolf or something. It never occurred to Triell, he might not know what one was. He had grown up on them thinking they were common among the lands. Rhysis soon accepted it with a thanks, and the Tainn was already deciding where he might take him. Or should he just show him the beaver dam, and let him find his own?

A single ear drew back, listening to a nearby tree's branch scratching against another's bark. It was a very odd sound, like the tree alive fighting a war against the other. A mere idea of his imagination not wanting to think it was a cat, or an insomniac bear out and about. He was drawn to the sound listening closely, a sudden chill creeping up his spine much opposite of the Grove. He merely focused back to other yearling as he rose up from his seat. He was mindful of each motion the brute made, all the while drawing a bit closer to him. His body became stiff under his obsidian coat, but he did nothing else like it was some kind of test between them.

The mention of Swift River didn't seem to matter, and Triell wasn't about to dwell on it. Some wolves wanted packs, others didn't, and he actually preferred not to share more about his home. Instead the subject turned to his siblings. The mention of Volkan he did his best to keep a stoic mask like Ruiko would do, but could not help the slight flinch of his ears at her name. He was Volkan's brother? It was a bit of a shock, she'd never mentioned her family, but then he'd never really asked. Why hadn't he ever asked her? He seemed to sifted through his memories trying to recall if she had said anything. All he could recall was that her pack had been destroyed or something? She'd never made it quite clear.

No, he could not remember the mention of any siblings. He made no mind to interrupt as he continued, describing someone he had known had once been with Ruiko but that was about it, as it was fact she was not now. A brow quirked slightly, finding it peculiar he was looking for someone had had never met. How did he know they were related, or her name? A half sibling was definitely unfamiliar grounds to him. He appeared to be listening attentively, than pondering over what to say. It was a question that popped out of his mouth. <b>"How long have you been separated from them?"</b> He asked, believing it must have been a time, and might explain some things. </blockquote>
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>Was that a flicker? Something tiny, almost insignificant changed upon the mention of his littermate, but he was looking for those signs, those tell tale movements which made him a wonderful lie detector. It appeared this fellow knew something of his sister, maybe just in passing or perhaps she could even be a member of his pack? He had always assumed she’d run to a pack with tail between her legs; she’d never been one to stand on her own four paws before.
Excitement flooded him but he kept his mask impartial he gave nothing away and took extra care to control his movements. This is what he had been waiting for, information about his sibling and he was not about to ruin it because of ‘feelings’. He was better trained then that.

The beaver all but forgotten, his mind was dead set on finding out all this male knew about his sister. It was obsessive yes, but she had deserted him, a traitor to her own bloodline. The details about her leaving were still foggy in his mind… he’d lost his temper, blind rage overtook him and he saw only red. When he had calmed down he had lost all trace of her, she had fled somehow but he had no idea of the events. All he knew was that she too had abandoned him, and she was pay for that in blood, as was traditional with their homelands.

He had to play it cool. Casual. Calm. Which was ridiculously hard to do when he had finally latched onto such vital information. He took a deep breath and wavered between sitting again and remaining standing. His question came as a surprise, there was no denial yet, he hadn’t said he didn’t know her but he was obviously sceptical as to who he was… which made him even more certain this wolf knew of her- why be so guarded otherwise?

“I haven’t seen Volkan for many months now, but I have never met Ranger. It was my father who sent me to find her…” He replied honestly.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>The Tainn peered closely, trying to decide the male's reaction. There was little change, but a suction of air into the lungs. It didn't mean much, but it was something. Triell just wasn't sure what it meant for the time being. Tension, relief, trying to hold back something? He pondered, but did not let his gaze waver. There was definately evidence of puzzlement upon his question instead of an answer. Would it through Rhysis off? He doubted it. The tip of his black banner swayed in patient waiting for his response. It came quick, and smooth. Something he believed was not made out of thin air. Black head slowly nodded, inclining it made sense. Had they gotten parted when the pack had gotten disbanded? Another guess, and helet out a silent whisper of a breath.

<b>"Well, I've not met Ranger exactly,"</b> which was true, he had seen her in passing, knowing Ruiko and her had had something, but that was it. He'd never spoken to her, and once Ruiko had gone and returned he had not come back with her. <b>"As for Volkan, if I see her I can let her know your looking for her,"</b> he offered giving his large shoulders a shrug. She may have still been apart of Swift River pack, but she didn't exactly hang around the grove. He hadn't seen her since the day it had rained, and he hadn't exactly seeked her out either. Sooner or later she'd be leaving with Ruiko he was sure so offering to take him to her wouldn't be easy because she was never in the same place twice.

His weight shifted between his forelimbs, and he momentarily took his eyes from the silver pair of the wolf as if he were looking at the ground. He was really looking at him indirectly to catch a glimpse of how this news made him feel. Like it would help, but he tried to see the whole picture, think about the missing pieces to the puzzle.His head came up, and he let out a soft snort. <b>"You know, she said something about your pack being destroyed or something."</b> He added, off handly as if in disbelief of it. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2012, 07:08 PM by Triell.)