(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Google, Bing

Beauty and the Beast — Verdant Mosses 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

Inali cocked her head slightly as she listened to Yuka's words. There was something about his story that didnt sit right with the woman. She had known him for a long time, and he was no stranger to lies...or really, she should say, evading the whole truth. But she didnt want to fight, so the older woman decided to let it go for now. It wasn't like his story wasn't completely plausible, yet there was something missing. She didnt have too much time to dwell on the matter anyhow because Yuka wasted no time in asking questions of his own. Inali flinched slightly, for the mention of Nina brought pain to her heart. She had lost a friend and her queen, like many in the Woodlands. But how could she send him over there without knowing the full truth? She looked at him then, her blue gaze sad. This time, there was no guilt in her for leaving. It had been the best choice, the healthiest choice the former Scout could have made for herself.

Determined not to cower, Inali stood firm as she spoke. "I left because I needed to." Was it selfish? Maybe. Could she have left under better circumstances? For sure. However, this was the decision she had made. She was happy, and finally at peace. She wouldn't let anybody, especially not Yuka, ruin what she had been blessed with. Yet, the next words were harder to get out. "I...was not in a good place. My mate...my mate died and Nina..." She didnt want to say it. She had to say it. Her maw opened to continue, but nothing came out. Inali looked up at Yuka, her blue gaze brimming with sadness. "Nina is dead."

"speech"”Speech”
HermitCrabStock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
The russet hued man was glad he had not left the floor open to the older woman for long. Inali loved to ask questions and the man was not in the mood to answer them. If she asked he did not know what would happen but he knew that he would divert the attention away from him. No matter what happened in the future, he would keep the truth away from her. The Wayha did not need to know what he had been doing for the past year, at least not the majority of it. 

He was watching her so closely, it did not go unnoticed by him when she flinched. The Thorben narrowed his eyes towards the woman, unsure of why she did such a thing. Was she scared of how he would react or was it something else? It spoke volumes to him that she did not look away from her, perhaps an indicator that she would no longer be lying to him. For a moment, he felt a twinge of guilt, knowing that he was most definitely lying to her about the past year of his life. Yuka remained silent though, knowing that if he jumped the gun and told the truth he could very well shatter whatever bond they shared throughout the years of abuse.

When Inali finally spoke, he remained silent, clenching his jaw as a raging pit of anger threatened to tear forth into her. It would do him no good to push away the only pure thing he had in his life. She continued to speak and the creamy russet-hued man listened with every ounce of patience he possessed. Eyebrows drew forward at her words. While he was sad that she was so distressed by her loss, a part of him was…glad. He would not have to share her. It was a selfish thought but after having to share her with Minka and then this faceless male, he would finally be able to just have some peace and quiet with just her.

There was something else though and it probably shook him up more than her first piece of news. Oh no… He chewed on the inside of his cheek absentmindedly as he thought about her words. Yes, Nina had been in her old age but he would have never thought that she would have passed while he was away. Meanwhile, when he turned his gaze back onto the petite woman in front of him, eyes filled with sadness, a tightness filled his chest and he fought to find his voice. Licking his lips, he finally spoke, “I’m so sorry for your loss, Inali. I’m sure he was a good man.” Eyebrows creased together again, throat clearing, thoughts drifting back to his family. “I’m sure Ash did not take her death well?” As far as Yuka knew, the Hervok had been quite close to his sister, and even with her gone, Yuka had to follow through to the end with his mission. Hopefully, Secret Woodlands still stood. He needed to return.
Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

It took a while for his words to process within her conscious. For a moment, Inali was not with Yuka but within her memories. She had been in such a dark place back then. Naia had died, leaving her shattered, and soon afterwards Nina - the woman that had befriended her so early on when Inali had first arrived within the Lore, and later became her queen - soon followed her mate in death. Things were not the same in the Woodlands. The grief within herself and that surrounded herself left her choking for breath most days - all she felt was a suffocating feeling in her chest that seemed to never let up. His words brought her out of her thoughts and she looked up at him, slightly confused, before his words registered in her brain. She smiled lightly at his stiff condolence, but she was grateful nonetheless.

Yuka continued, this time bringing up Ash. Inali's muzzle wrinkled slightly in worry. How would he take the news, that his mentor and his siblings were gone too? There was nothing she could to soothe the burn, Inali knew she had to tell him. "He doesn't know. He...left before she passed. All of them...Ash and your siblings - they're gone." She exhaled slowly as she continued, "Aideen and Miccah rule the Woodlands now."

”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
For a time, Inali seemed as if she were in a different world. The russet man simply stood there staring at her and he wished that he could know what was happening inside her head. It was not often that he wished to know someone else’s thoughts but Inali had always been an enigma to him and while – after everything that happened in Whisper Caverns – she had been truthful with him, there was still a part of him that doubted her honesty. When his words registered, his inner demons were calmed by the small smile she offered but that tranquility he felt was quickly thrown away when a familiar wrinkle of worry formed on her muzzle.

The Thorben bit down on his tongue, a distraction he had found useful in keeping his temper in check. Her words came in like a hurricane and there was nothing Yuka could do to stop them. He stood there in silence, amber teal-flecked eyes boring into the blue-gray eyes of the woman in front of him. Nostrils flared but he kept a firm grasp of his tongue. When he finally felt like he had control of his temper, he grounded out in a low voice, “Well, I suppose abandonment truly does run in the family.” Miccah had to know though and Yuka had to finish his mission. “I have to go back, to tell them I completed my mission.” It was probably one of his best and worst qualities. 
(This post was last modified: Jul 29, 2017, 03:49 AM by Yuka.)
Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Feel free to fade or tell me if you want this to be our fade <3

His words were harsh, but over the years Inali had leaned to read between the lines when it came to wolves - especially when it came to Yuka. Maybe he wouldn't admit it to her, maybe he couldn't even admit it to himself, but the tawny woman knew there was hurt lurking there along with the anger. As much as he believed himself to be, and as much as tried to convince her, Inali knew he wasn't some cold-blooded monster. Well, not completely. Inali was a gentle woman, but she was no naive yearling. His words continued, and her light smile dimmed slightly. She knew he had to go back, she just didn't want him to go back. At least, not yet. Not when she had just gotten him back. She sighed, her blue gaze warm because she knew she couldn't convince him of otherwise. Yuka was a man of duty, and when he set his mind to something, it was hard to sway him.

"I know," was all she said. But he needed rest first, she wouldn't let him deny that. Who knew how long he had been traveling? Who knew if he had even allowed himself his adequate rest, with his mission in mind? Men. Or really, she should think Yuka. "But first, rest." Her eyes narrowed, and her voice was firm. She wouldn't let him get away with this one, Inali meant business. Turning, she took a few light steps before turning back to look at him. Her blue gaze was bright as she questioned him teasingly, "Are you coming?" Inali was so glad he had returned - finally.

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Aug 14, 2017, 05:46 AM by Inali.)

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
He was more than ready to take his leave. The man had started the day with no intentions of running into anyone, in fact, he would have been more than happy to ignore anyone he came into contact with. The Thorben could not ignore her her though. Inali always held a certain appeal to her and Yuka had never been able to stray far away, no matter what happened between them. They knew each other – perhaps better than they knew themselves. It was why when her smile changed, if only slightly, he noticed, his mood instantly taking a nose dive. I don’t want to leave you again. The russet-hued man’s lips pressed together firmly, the only sign of his displeasure.

At least verbally, she accepted that he had to go. But then he almost choked, on fucking air. What did she just say? And that look in her eyes. The man swallowed, his swarthy tail wagging behind his haunches uncertainly. For a moment, he was frozen in shock. Was this an invitation? Back into her life? Back for them to possibly have something together? He couldn’t dare hope. The creamy russet-hued man hadn’t realized that he was still standing there and when she finally turned around to question him, his heartbeat finally seemed to resume beating. He was quick to follow her. It won’t hurt to spend a few days with Inali.
(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2017, 04:26 AM by Yuka.)
Thank you TABs