743 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley

the whole wild world is against me — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 24 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
AW || Dusk, Cloudy, 56 ° F, 13 ° C

The old man had slept through most of the day and likely would have slept straight till sunrise had his stomach not awoke him with a rather noisy rumble. He grumbled and curled up under a tree a little tighter. Did he really need to get up and eat? Surely he could make it till the morning. Or that's what he hoped for. Of course, he stomach continued to protest with all sorts of noises. Deron gave a loud groan of his own before he unfolded himself and crawled out from under the tree. Maybe he'd get lucky and something would jump right into his jaws. Granted he knew well enough to know that likely wasn't going to happen. If it did happen, it was going to happen for him.

He stumbled around in the dusk light, sniffing around for a fresh trail. Derry wasn't in the mood to go out of his way to find a meal. It would be so much easier if it was already near. Even better if it was injured or old. As he moved along the sound of rushing water got louder in his ears. Water meals usually meant fishing which was not an easy job. There was so much waiting and timing. Things that Derry simply wasn't the best at. He didn't even care for the damn scaly, slippery things.

Selwyn yellow eyes scanned the river side that laid a few yards ahead. There were some large rocks that stood in the rushing water and for a moment he contemplated if crossing the river by rocks was really worth it.
Played by Lightning who has 168 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

Even with the birth of his two children and the arrival of Elle, Nicolo had need to worry. The ranks of Willow Ridge were dwindling thin and it seemed as though no matter how hard any of them tried, nothing could stop the small size of the pack. When he first arrived, the dark Archer had heard tales of how massive the Archer pack had once been and the legacy it could have held. It took almost everything within in to keep holding onto the hope that they could do this. It was Enoki’s optimism that truly helped him hold on. Even after all these years, she still held onto hope and Nicolo would be damned if he let his sister’s legacy die with her.

Though his place of leadership might have been put into jeopardy, he wished for the return of Sven every passing day. They needed the offered stability and the boy’s commitment to the pack, no matter his motives. In the meantime, the dark Archer did his best to travel outside of pack lands when duties at home did not restrict him from doing so. He wanted so desperately to be able to find some new recruits. He did not know how much longer they would be able to hold on for.

The dark man made his way north, with the mind that perhaps a change of direction would smile down upon him. When the sound of rushing water reached his ears, he was eager to rush forward, his stomach rumbling at the thought of catching something to eat. While the thought of rabbit was pleasing, there was nothing more satisfying than fishing. He knew that his sister, Adele, had enjoyed the effort that went behind it and whenever he had the opportunity to fish, he took it. However, when he arrived at the river, it was clear that he was not alone, pale yellow eyes settling on the pale opposite on him. Tail wagging behind him in a friendly manner, the dark man barked out in greeting.

WesternStock @ DA, KYghost @ DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
deron selwyn
I'm taking more than I can give
Is this the life I wanna live?

He stood on the river's shore as his toes got soaked with the water. A large scowl crossed his face as he was beginning to decide that crossing the river would not be worth it. If there was nothing on his side of the water then surely there'd be nothing worthwhile on the other side. The older male lets out a sigh as he stepped back from the water licking at his paws. He didn't even like getting wet which made him even more confused on why he thought to cross a river would have been a smart idea. Maybe he should have just kept sleeping until the morning. His stomach seemed to protest, though. Damn thing.

As the Selwyn took a few more steps back from the riverside he heard a call. Seeing that no one else, from his knowledge, was around his whole body slowly turned. The sight wasn't startling or even surprising. Now if the man had snuck up without a sound than perhaps Deron would have been able to muster up a look of surprise. Instead, his face faded from a scowl into a rather blank look as if he was not there at all.

"Need something?"

Was all he said as his yellow eyes locked onto the man without a challenging intent. The stranger looked a lot like himself beside for a few lighter points. Of course, Deron was willing to bet that's where their similarities ended.

Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

When the stranger turned, he wore a mask of neutrality. Nicolo was glad he made his presence known to the other man. It would do him no good to start off on the wrong foot with the stranger, especially in the state that Willow Ridge was currently in. The dark man took it as a good sign that his counterpart didn’t lash out at him. The Archer did his best to give the stranger a reassuring smile. The other man’s greeting was not the kindest, but the dark Archer would take what he could get. Pale tongue snuck out to lick his lips, moistening them before he spoke.

"Not in particular. Though I wouldn’t mind a hunting partner if you have the time." His eyes were locked with the darker yellow orbs of the man in front of him. Had he been a stranger and not known any better, he could have easily thought that the stranger and he were related. Their physical similarities were striking and it was almost unsettling. The Archer almost wanted to ask about the man’s family origins but thought against it. That was crossing a personal line that strangers certainly should not cross with one another.

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2017, 07:56 PM by Nicolò.)
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
deron selwyn
I'm taking more than I can give
Is this the life I wanna live?

"Not in particular."

Ah, well that was rather good Deron thought. Of course nothing good could last for the Selwyn man. His dark shoulders shrugged casually. "Suppose I got the time." His more morbid, depressing thoughts begged to differ but that damned rumble in his stomach wouldn't let up. There was also the bonus to working with someone else. It meant he got to do half the work he did if he was on his own. Then again he supposed he would only reap half the rewards. A somewhat fair trade in the end.

He used his nose to heavily sniff at the air. Being by the water gave them one means of food. Looking from the river back to his now hunting partner, Derry raised a brow. "You a water or land guy?" If this male had the intentions of fishing than the Selwyn might have to count himself out. He didn't like the taste of them. It was by no means worth all the work that went into catching them too. He was content to leave the fish for the cats and bears of this place.

Another sniff let him pick up that a few land creatures were around to pick from. Deer, rabbit, some squirrels (although he wasn't fond of those tree climbing pests either).

Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

Pale yellow orbs brightened when the other man agreed to hunt with him. Ever since his sister died he found the thought of hunting with another taxing and often tried to avoid it. But he had it in his mind that this was not any normal hunting expedition. He was trying to get closer to this male in order to ascertain if he would be a good addition to a pack. Willow Ridge needed fresh blood and needed to get the word out in some way. They needed new recruits but in the same instance, Nicolo did not want to seem desperate. And so, this seemed the best route to take.

The other man’s words struck through him. He didn’t particularly have a preference but felt as if fishing was something that was sacred between Adele and him. Besides, as pale yellow eyes swept the rapids before, a small smile turned up on his lips. Just in case the man had in his mind that water was a superior form of hunting, he replied, "The water looks a little rough today, so I think I’d prefer land." He lifted his paw, in a motion to move their positions more towards the heart of the grove and away from the river. "I’m Nicolo, by the way."