got no taste, got no brains — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 24 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
deron selwyn
I'm taking more than I can give
Is this the life I wanna live?

Whatever motivation he had originally had to climb this mountain was gone about halfway through the trip. He forgot how much work it was and how rough the terrain was. His paws hurt and his stomach rumbled with both unease and hunger. This was very stupid decision on his end but likely not the last one he'd make.

As the ground leveled out some he had found well-worn paths to follow. The older Selwyn had smelt a pack when he had been entering the area but it faded and did not cover this particular patch of land. Perhaps he was treading on a thin line being so close to someone's home yet he didn't care. If they wanted to chase him out or harras him that was fine. Not like he was actually in the condition to be squabbling with pack wolves. He was merely a vulture to them.

He had noticed the plants that seemed to run rampant on some of the paths. It was a unique looking thing with berries growing from it. As his stomach rumbled part of him had to wonder if they were edible. Was he that desperate yet? With the rumbling of his stomach, one would think so but Derry really didn't think a plant would taste as good as meat. So unknowingly he walked away from his almost demise in search of a better meal.

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Since the day he'd found Des Kajika had been up the trail that led to Poison Path, avoiding it for so many reason's. Mostly because there were too many memories on the path that was surrounded by Nightshade plants. The beta knew they would be in bloom this time of year and the sight would be breathtaking. It had taken him many days to finally work up the nerve to even set paw on the trail but he finally had and now he could not turn back. Though he did worry that it would send him straight back to the dark place after he'd clawed so hard to get out of it.

With Chan having been born and him becoming the pups godfather, Lunette's return and change that he felt had happened it was time. Kajika would always look for the man who had murdered Des until the day he found him or the day he could go on no longer. Now it was time to put the part of his life that belonged to Des behind him and move on with the rest of his life.

The nightshade plants came into view causing the dark man to give pause and take a deep breath before stepping into Poison path. What I wasn't expecting was to find someone already there. It of course wasn't the first time but he didn't need them there this time. Pushing the desire to chase the man off he cleared his throat, “What brings you to this part of the mountain?” He asked getting it out of the way.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
deron selwyn

He simply could not find food in silence. First down at the river and now here on the mountain. These wolves hounded him down and demanded social interaction. Couldn't they see he was busy moping and looking around? So when the voice behind him asked a rather plain jane question he let his tail give a brief flick. "Dunno." The older male answered before continuing with his nosing around the place. There was plenty of these plants growing about but he couldn't find a fresh trail of something meaty for the life of him. Perhaps he wasn't meant to eat today. Yet with each passing day, the rumbling in his stomach would grow and he would be forced to pay attention to it. He wished he could have just slept off the hunger.

The Selwyn paid little attention to the man who had entered the area. He wouldn't even spare a glance. Deron really didn't care about this guy and he didn't even really care that this guy kind of matched the borders he had smelled earlier. If they wanted him gone then surely he would have already been run off. It wasn't even like he was hiding. That would have taken far too much work. Especially when he didn't feel like he was going to spend a long time here anyway.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The scent of the man that he'd joined in Poison Path was familiar, he'd smelled it along the border a number of times as he did his patrol that morning. While it was nice to put the scent to the face it was rather bothersome that this man thought he could skirt the boundary as he had. While chasing him off was still an option he thought he would get the obvious question out of the way. However, the response he got was one that took him back for a moment. Since the man wasn't paying any attention he doubt it was picked up on. He'd never run into a single wolf who didn't know why they were there.

The large beta took a couple of steps toward the man, “I see, and do also not know why you were traveling so close to the borders that belong to my pack?” He questioned. The man had struck a nerve with Kajika for he feared that this man had the capability to do harm to his pack and he wouldn't stand for it. Too much had happened and the pack needed time to recover from it. Having something else happen wasn't going to heal the wounds that had been created, only pour salt on them.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
deron selwyn

This man wouldn't get off his case, huh? Deron was hungry and a stranger asking questions was pushing his luck. His brows knitted together as he turned his head over his shoulder. Selwyn yellow eyes locked steady onto the dark male. "Didn't cross your borders. That should be enough." He had been hungry enough to contemplate crossing over them but he hadn't been stupid or desperate enough to follow through with the idea. His tail gave a few more lashes before he continued on his way. If he was really being such an issue to this male then why hadn't he done something more than jabber about it? Mentally he chimed a soft tsk.

He sniffed around the bushes as the faint scent of rabbit greeted his nose. This was looking more promising. Rabbits were speedy but they didn't require as much work as birds or deer. Mentioning he was a loner with a general lack of care for things, wasting his time hunting bigger prey was never worth it. Going after a rabbit seemed like the almost perfect amount of energy to put into a meal. Without much thought to the male who likely was still lingering, the older Selwyn began to trail after the scent. Those pesky things would reveal themselves sooner or later.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Being that he was already on edge from all that had happened over the last few months the beta’s patience with this man was running out. His nonchalant answers and disrespectful attitude were wearing on the usually calm man. He took a step forward his tail raising above his back. “Actually it's not enough,” he stated a low growl following his words. Kajika had it in his mind to show this man just how enough it was if it came down to it. He would be damned if he let something else happen to his pack after all they had been through.

Moonshadow's words warning him about letting his anger consume him rang in his head. In that moment he didn't care just as the man seemed to not care about the wrong that he had done. Much too close to the borders for the beta’s taste when he had no reason to be there. “Unless you have business with the cove you should keep your distance,” he warned. Kajika would not tolerate another misstep from this man where the borders of Fallen Tree Cove was concerned. Especially when he didn't trust the man that was now sniffing around the bushes. If he had no business with the cove he had no business being so close to their borders.

Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
foul language ahead
deron selwyn

Well Deron be damned, this male must have not only had just one stick up his ass but a whole bundle. Greedy little boy with his words of not enough. Derry was one loner compared to a whole pack. Did this dimwit really see him as that much of a threat? His lip pulled back for a moment as he tossed a harsh glare over his shoulder. Usually, he wouldn't pick a fight but it seemed this time it might be more necessary than he originally thought it would be.

"Listen here, doll." Deron spat with harsh Selwyn Yellow eyes narrowed. "I'm moving away from your damn cove. So leave me the hell alone. I'm not a threat to you and you sure as shit should know it." He wasn't in the prime condition of his life and that much was obvious. Unless this male was as pathetic as he was acting, Deron likely wouldn't stand too much of a chance. Not wanting to waste another breath on this creature the older Selwyn began to storm off into the nightshade bushes. Straying off the path with hopes of getting this male off of his tail. Who did he think he was, huh? Probably some big macho man guarding his pack against worthless threats while bigger things surely lurked about. Deron hoped a damn cougar wandered into this Cove place. It would show the male right.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

This man bad not only traveled too close to his packs borders but he'd felt that the attitude the man had about it was one Kajika could not let go. Yeah was already constantly on edge after what happened to Des and Moonshadow and while this man didn't carry the scent he’d gotten from Des's body Kajika saw him as a threat. How could he know the man wasn't going to hurt one of his packmates like Des and Moonshadow had been. He was just happy that Lunette had come back to him unhurt, that and Chan we're perhaps the only things to come out of the events of the spring.

His brows rose and a growl vibrated his throat as the man addressed him so disrespectfully. “Who's to say you won't return in the dark of night to hurt one of us? You can say you aren't a threat but that doesn't make it true,” he growled, “I have been complacent too long.” He stated though it was more for his own benefit than the mans. Kajika didn't hesitate to give chase to the man as he stormed off. When he left the path Kajika followed his scent, he was determined to make sure this stranger was as far away from the cove as he could get him. He would protect his pack with his life if that is what it took, never again.

Inactive Deceased
Deron Selwyn
one more post from both of us?

deron selwyn

He no longer retaliated with words, Deron turned his head around to give one harsh growl with his teeth peeled back. The older male hated this mountain and its dumb packs. He wished this male would break his ankle, trip, and get a mouthful of nightshade. Why would a loner waste his time on trying to raid a pack? He scoffed at the very idea. If all of those mountain wolves were intent on making accusations and being so over zealous then count Deron out.

The dark male kept his pace brisk, pushing the distance further between him and the snappy male behind him. It seemed he would be going hungry as well. At least until he was sure these dimwitted Cove wolves were a safe distance away from him. Even if they were all lacking in the wits department, Deron wasn't. He would likely flee the whole mountain. It had been too much work getting up here and it seemed there would even be too much work in sticking around on it. Fine by him. He hated it about half way up. This whole incident was only being the nail in the coffin.

He had to wonder, though, how far was this male going to trail after him? Especially if he was so concerned about the borders of his pack. Deron snorted softly. It would be hard to protect borders if he was trailing some loner all the way out into nowhere.

(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2017, 05:08 PM by Deron.)