(See All?) Announcements
452 Users Online
Apollo, Google, Bing, Jadon

Mountain High — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Please allow @Adelayde to post first. For @Emrys & @Jynx, other WFN members please ask before joining.

The weather was holding steady for now, but the sky remained dark and intimidating, urging the dark man to hurry on. The trek along the steep slopes of Nightingale Palisade and the fjord was trying, and his legs soon got stiff and sore from the exertion; though he did his best to hide it from the younger woman, pushing on to reach their destination as quickly as possible. He couldn’t fathom how the wolves of White Fir Notch tolerated this trip every time they went to the Lowlands to hunt, they would be exhausted even before the chase began. I ran in the mountains as a kid, a voice reminded in the back of his head, but he brushed it off; I’ve grown wiser… And older. He was very happy with his soft, rolling hills.

As the two wolves travelled, Drestig mostly kept silent, focused on the task and conserving energy, but when they paused to rest, he was his usual social self, and happy to have company for the journey. Still, it was a relief when the distant scent of wolf reached his nose, signaling that they were closing in on their first stop. The greying wolf turned to smile at his companion, tail wagging lightly as he approached the borders. This was his first visit to the Notch, and so the scents were unfamiliar, but the location matched. “Looks like we’re here,” he said, again looking over at the tawny shewolf by his side, meeting her mismatched eyes briefly. Then, coming to a halt about a length from the marked line, he tilted back his head and called for the pack leaders, politely requesting their presence.

Word count: 278

"Speech" Thoughts

Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Scout Demonstration 1/3

This wasn't her first visit trip to the Notch wolves territory. The beta had made a solitary trip here in search of any information the Notch wolves may of had on the disappearance of Phoenix or her location. Then the Rye wolves had known little and they were of desperate need of extra eyes looking out for the lost princess. Fortunately, Askan was able to find her though the girl had suffered an accident and took her leave from the Rye shortly after she was returned. Percy was still missed by everyone, especially by the beta though Ade still never realized the girl's dislike for her.  

Though this wasn't her first trip to the Notch, the trip didn't get any easier the second time around. The younger woman had a tough time adjusted to the rough terrain, but knew it was harder on her older alpha. He was hiding his discomfort well from the younger wolf, though Ade was good at reading others and could tell this terrain wasn't fairing well on him. The beta stayed silent, however, as they were fast approaching the borders anyway. Matching his palsy-walsy enthusiasm with a smile and tail wag of her own, she approached his side as he called out for the White Fir Notch leaders.

(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2017, 06:24 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The day had been a quiet one for the pale leader and as he finished up his rounds he had made up his mind. It had been sometime Since he had visited the grave of his lost son. He'd not meant for it to be so long between visits but pack business had kept him too busy to get away from it. So he made the journey through the White Fir trees to the serene place that Jynx had chosen for their son as his final resting place. Often the healer thought about all the things that his son would not have to endure in life but more so he thought of the things he would miss. What Emrys would miss doing with him. He spoke to his son telling him off the goings on of the notch and the wolves within.

Then he would lay in the grass next to the tree and let the breeze ruffle his fur as he closed his eyes and imagined a time that he could spend with his lost son. His eyes opened and his ears came forward as the call broke through his imaginings. He did not recognize the voice so did not want to waste time in getting to the border. They had visitors that would need to be greeted and Emrys was curious of what had brought them to his borders.

He came to just the other side of the tree line as he slowed his pace and peering out at their guests. He recognized the female immediately but the male he did not. With head high and tail raised over his back. “Hello Adelayde it is good to see you again,” he said greeting the female before turning to the male, “I am Emrys Myrddin Ieader of White Fir Notch I do not believe we've had the chance to meet?”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

When an unfamiliar howl came from the borders, Jynx had been peacefully laying inside the den with her children. They were both exhausted after a long, energetic play session. Her day though, was not yet finished. Yellow eyes snapped open, ears flicking alertly. Break time was over. The voice was calling for Emrys' presence as well as her own. As Alpha of a pack, with the role came many responsibilities, one of which included promptly greeting any guests on their doorstep. She rose to her paws silently, casting only a single glance towards the sleeping bodies of her son and daughter. Quietly she slipped outside without disturbing them. Giving her body a shake, any clinging dust and debris in her coat were loosened, tossed to the wind.

Moving at a steady pace to the borders from which the call came, Jynx pondered over what she could expect this time. A new recruit? A friend, or perhaps an ally? Her answer was revealed as she made her way through the trees, stepping into plain view. Before her was Emrys, prompt as usual. On the opposite side of the invisible line that divided neutral lands and Notch territory were two wolves. One agouti with a coloration that reminded her much of Raela, whilst the male was black with grizzled gray. Her nose filtered in their scents, both of which were identical and smelling of Rye. Ah...so they were wolves from Wild Rye Fields. 

Coming to stand by her mates side, she was a little surprised to hear him greet the female, @Adelayde. So, they had met before it would seem. Perhaps then this could mean Emrys himself may very well be on favorable terms with at least one Rye wolf. Tail held high to make her rank clear, but with an assured, relaxed stance, her golden eyes flickered from one face to the other. "And I am Jynx Myrddin, Lead Female of the Notch." Her tail gave a loose wave, facial features open to the beginning of a smile. Neither Drestig nor Adelayde had made her acquaintance before, so she was happy to let the question from Emrys extend to her behalf as well. She held her tongue until their guests had properly introduced themselves, and then they could get down to business.
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Sorry for the temporary outage - @Adelayde you're up <3

He knew from Adelayde’s last visit, during the search for Percy, that leadership had changed in the Notch. Now he got his first look at the new monarchy, as a pale wolf appeared out of the trees, his rank clear from the rigid posture, even before he spoke. Drestig smiled at his greeting, pleased to see that his scout had made a lasting impression, and this Emrys cared enough to mention it, and address her so cordially. Before the Rye king had time to answer with his own introduction though, they were joined by a fourth, looking not unlike Adelayde, but smaller and with sharp, yellow eyes. Again her stance exposed her long before her words, and Drestig nodded to her in turn, his own tail respectfully low and waving lightly. “Drestig Avalon,” he replied; “I see you’ve met my scout, and I believe you know my mate Jessie as well. I’m the male leader of Wild Rye Fields.”

That seemed to be all the introductions over, and, figuring he might as well move the meeting along, the dark man continued: “Adelayde told me of the change in leadership down here, and I thought we should meet.” Taking a short pause, he breathed a few times, feeling the effects of the taxing journey pressing down on him. But he ignored the exhaustion, licking his lips before speaking again, an easy smile slipping back onto his face; “I had an… Understanding with your previous leader, Gent, but figured you might want to talk it over? I also,” He had to pause for a quick breath, frowning slightly with irritation as he pressed on; “Wanted to thank you for your help, looking for my daughter.” There, now he could breath steadily while they responded, though he did his best to make it quiet; It’s not like I’ve been chasing rabbits or something..!

Word count: 310

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Keeping this short and sweet, sorry for the delay

The Rye duo didn't have to wait long before the leaders of White Fire Notch joined them upon the borders. The pale Emrys as always was a welcomed and familiar face, but joining him was someone new to Adelayde. Though, if she was honest, the Rye beta didn't know anyone else that belonged to the Notch aside from Emrys and Gent, so in that aspect it wasn't a surprise that she didn't know this female. However, by the looks of her dominant posture, she stood alongside her pale friend on the Notch's crown.

Nonetheless, the beta nodded respectively towards the feelings after flashing Emrys a bright smile. "It is quite nice to see you again Emrys," she happily stated before turning to Jynx, "and to make your acquaintance, m'lady." Glancing towards Drestig as he made his own introductions and began to dive into exactly why they arrived upon the Notch borders. Letting the alphas discuss, the beta kept a polite, easy smile as the conversation went forth.

Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys didn't know what to expect before he reached the borders but seeing Adelayde was a pleasant surprise. She'd been very polite during her last visit. The man with her he didn't recognize but being that he was a rye wolf and everyone of them he'd met so far had been polite he expected nothing less. Jynx arrived shortly after he had and while he wanted to ask after the children it wasn't the time for that while they had visitors. A smile and nod was offered to Adelayde in acknowledgement of her statement before his attention was turned to the male.

As it turned out the dark man was the male lead of the rye wolves which wasn't a surprise to the pale leader. “It's a pleasure to finally meet you Drestig and yes I have made her acquaintance and Jessie's acquaintance in previous meetings.” It had been awhile since he'd last seen either female which he blamed mostly on himself. It was good to have this meeting with the rye wolves a, chance to get reacquainted.

The pale leader let Drestig continue with what he came to say so they could get down to business. The rye leader first spoke of the notch’s change in leadership. “Yes, my mate and I took over for Gent and Raela when they decided they needed to leave the lore. I would like to offer my apologies that we haven't made it down for a visit. The shift in leadership and our children have kept us rather busy.” It wasn't an excuse but he felt it necessary to share just that bit of information since the we're on good terms with the rye wolves and he hoped to keep it that way. Emrys nodded when Drestig spoke of the agreement he had with Gent as well as thanking them for their help in looking for his daughter. “I think it would be a good idea to discuss the understanding you had with Gent just to make sure that myself and my mate are completely aware.” Emrys felt he knew most of the understanding but he wanted to be sure so there were no hard feelings between the packs. As for the dark man's daughter, “I was sorry to hear about what happened to her. I am sorry we couldn't do more. I hope that she made it home safely.”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Standing beside her pale mate, Jynx waited patiently as the Rye male introduced himself as Drestig Avalon. His tawny companion. And apparently, she and Emrys had met sometime before. Dipping her head politely to acknowledge the females reply. "A pleasure to meet the both of you as well." She listened intently as Drestig explained his awareness in regards to the shift in leadership in the Notch, to which she allowed Emrys to further explain. "That is correct. We did not anticipate such a change, but we could not simply let the pack they strove to build fall apart." She and Emrys had been meaning to touch bases with the nearby packs recently, but she was glad Drestig and his second came to them first. The meeting was long overdue.

Jynx had been aware of the search for Drestig's missing daughter and had kept a sharp eye out, when she could. Sending her mate a glance, she seemed to agree silently with his words, that the understanding established between Gent and Drestig, should be discussed, to make sure each wolf was on the same page. A slight softening of her gaze said all that was needed on her behalf, as far as her feelings towards the situation with Drestig's daughter went. Showing patience, she sat down but remained attentive, content to allow Emrys to take the lead in the discussion for now.

(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2017, 12:52 AM by Jynx.)