(See All?) Announcements
300 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Google, Vasco

where angels fear to tread — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The new scent lingering within the pack territory had not gone unnoticed by the young healer. However, much to his frustration, Lorcan had not yet had the chance to slip away to investigate who exactly it belonged to. Lachesis had placed him on pup-sitting duty as a punishment since his return from the lowlands and since then the agouti male had little time to quench his curiosity by tracking down the individual.

Fortunately today the agouti male finally found himself with a few hours to spare whilst the pups he had been watching slept soundly in their den for the afternoon. Slipping away quietly from their den, Lorcan immediately set about exploring the territory in search of any recent trails left by the newest pack member, despite the light drizzle of rain which had begun to fall through the sparse breaks in the canopy.

Lorcan caught traces of her scent here and there, but nothing which told him of her exact whereabouts. After an hour or so of not finding the new female, and feeling a little disappointed with himself, the male backtracked his way towards the river which ran along the edge of the territory. Pale paws now stained with mud from the damp earth, the healer moved to linger alongside the water’s edge, lowering his head to lick thirstily at the flowing current.
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2017, 06:44 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Anastasia never did like making anyone's life simple - it was an accidental habit that she cause more confusion than necessary. Most of the day had been spent in and out of the river to keep herself cool and her scent would have reflected that well for how spotty it was. The days that passed she was still rather uncomfortable and felt like an outsider but it was mostly because she could not help but think back to when she had been in a pack with Shade or Ace, Silver or Spectre. Days that were so long ago but she could still feel their presence and occasionally would forget that she shouldn't expect to run across them. Hearthwood River was different and she knew to expect the strange.

So when she stumbles across another section of the river where a single soul stood standing, she feels inclined to watch for a moment. From what she could recall of Lachesis' words, there were only four males within the pride and two of them she had already met and acquainted herself with. Unfortunately without knowing what either of them looked like, she couldn't make an educated guess so instead she cleared her throat and attempted to move forward a few steps so as to allow the male to see her first and be notified that he was not alone.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Salmon pink tongue lapped eagerly at the bubbling surface of the water, allowing the cool liquid to quench his thirst after meandering his way throughout the territory for over an hour. After a few large mouthfuls, the agouti lifted his head to allow his golden gaze to stare longingly across to the opposite bank of the river. The idea of not being allowed to leave the territory, even if just to stretch his legs, saddened the healer – though, he supposed, it was better to be a captive within the pack lands than it was to be chased out and forced to live the life of a loner.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caused his golden eyes to blink back to reality as the male turned his head to casually glance behind him towards the direction of the noise. Russet ears perked up immediately when he spotted the small pale figure lingering between the trees, watching him. Golden eyes narrowed in on the older woman for a heartbeat as his nostrils flared to inhale her scent, before he suddenly lifted his tail to sway it enthusiastically behind him. Crossing his paws to turn around to face her, Lorcan greeted the stranger with shy smile.

“Hello, I was wondering when we would cross paths...” He paused, dipping his head out of politeness. “I’m Lorcan, the pack’s healer.” He added, introducing himself, before sweeping his tongue across his muzzle to catch a few droplets of water which still clung like frost to his whiskers.  
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was a strong feeling of nerves that coursed through her body at the idea of meeting her pack mates. It had been so long since she had traveled under the title of a pack that it was hard to remember that she did belong somewhere. While her heart was somewhere else, at least she was here where she was under the pretense of safety. XIX was her dearest friend and he would not lead her astray, so she would continue to hope that each of his members were just as friendly as him. Anastasia needed folks around her if she was going to try and cope with the changes in her life.

So when the male turns around she feels a weak tug at her lips, putting a smile with the hope that it would instill a sense of comradery between them. "Oh," she mumbled a little nervously as she had not expected for them to wish to cross paths with her so soon and so eagerly, "I'm Anastasia. A, uh, long time friend of Lachesis." To be quite unfair to herself, she doubted that XIX would have shared his life story ( the one that involved her ) with everyone and anyone so it was safe to assume that they wouldn't know just how close she and the alpha were. At least now she knew who she was looking at which meant that there was one other male to meet.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Pale brows furrowed subtly at the nervous sound which left her lips after he mentioned about them finally crossing paths. Lorcan swallowed awkwardly, wondering if he had been too forwards with the pale woman. “I mean, I would have liked to have introduced myself sooner, but Lachesis has me busy looking after the pups…” The agouti male explained with an nervous flick of his tail, hoping that it would make him sound less intimidating. He didn’t dare to divulge any deeper into the reasons why he was currently on pup-sitting duty. He was sure it wouldn’t make for a good first impression.

Russet ears perked up curiously as the older woman offered up her name along with a snippet of information which the young male found particularly interesting. A single brow rose for a moment before he shifted to take a few hesitant steps closer towards her, tail falling to sway neutrally behind him as he moved away from the edge of the river. “Where do you know him from, if you don’t mind me asking?” The male asked, not one to often bite back his curious tongue. He hoped his politeness would put her more at ease and encourage her to share their history.   
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2017, 07:45 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Almost instantly she finds herself feeling comforted by his presence. It could be the smell of his coat or his admittance that he was instructed to look after the children. The same children that made Anastasia feel rather uncomfortable knowing as it meant that she was, in some way, out of the picture. "That sounds like quite the job," she would have mentioned how wonderful that must be but Lachesis had described that there were a few more pups than his own within the pack and thus it might be a lot of bodies to worry about with only one pair of eyes.

Puppies had always been a wonderful thing to Anastasia, but again she had trouble thinking of anything other than how none were hers. "We found each other before coming to the Lore. I taught him many things and he gave strength; we traveled here, helped to serve many packs and led many." Anastasia barely remembered much of that particular history but all the faces were still quite present in her mind. Lachesis had always been there and she had rewarded him by disappearing and purposefully wandering off.