Google, Bing

Machinations — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 19 posts.
Inactive Pup
Suka Tainn
The things we left unsaid are only taking space up in our heads
Suka Tainn

He was so young but had already absorbed so much. His mother wasn't always in her right mind so their sister had become their primary caregiver. His siblings seemed oblivious, far more content to squabble among themselves and Lacey's mother was now the leader. It seemed like every time he thought to look there were fewer and fewer adults around so he didn't feel the slightest hint of guilt as he eyed the invisible line that marked the boundary between 'in here', and out there. He only allowed himself to blink once before stepping over the line, feeling no thrill as he did so. There was no change in temperature, no tingle down his spine, if anything it was almost disappointing that anyone might expect something magical to happen once you crossed those borders.

With limited interest, he took a look around. There was very little here that he hadn't seen before and so with some gusto he headed to the west. He was sure his mother had spoken of sliding on some hard water in that direction before... or maybe it was south? Did it really matter? He was beyond the borders and there were dangers to be faced and strangers to be met! He'd have to move fast if he wanted to avoid being caught by Treyah, or his age mate siblings.

Played by Silvia who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Merida
Merida couldn't understand why mama had seemed so...sombre as she kissed her and Mouse on their crowns this morning, telling them they would be going on a very exciting adventure soon but they'd have to wait a little longer before they could go, before leaving from their den early. They were going somewhere? Where were they going? She liked it when they went on adventures with her mama and papa! It had completely gone over the young pup's head that something didn't quite feel right that morning or to sense the worry that was rolling off her parents.

But when mama didn't come back as she expected, Merida was a little worried but mostly vexed. In her young mind, she had been promised an adventure! And dang it she was gonna have one, even if it was a one pup adventure.

Despite having been told to stay in the den and please don't stray Meri,, Merida made sure to check the coast was clear before doing just that. She wanted to go searching for something to do, instead of sleeping the day away in the den. And the pup didn't question or even notice why the forest seemed quieter today or why there wasn't any of the other wolves walking around, like they always did. All she noticed was there was noone to stop her crossing the border, which she did with great gutso, her small legs moving quickly under her as she followed her nose. There were so many great smells! And Merida never knew there were more trees beyond the towering cedars she had grown so used to.

Because Merida wasn't necessarily watching where she was going, she didn't realise how far she had gone or how lost she might be. Nor did she see the other similar sized wolf until she ran right into him.

"Oof!"
[Image: merida_sig_by_becuffin-db8233p.png]
Inactive Pup
Suka Tainn
Suka Tainn

He had spotted the girl coming towards him and expected her to notice and move around. It wasn't that she was a stranger that had him interested, but the fact that she was of a similar age. Of course, he knew he wasn't the only wolf this size, he had @Cannon and "@Lana to contend with, as well as @Lacey. What had him surprised that it was none of those he already knew, barrelling straight towards him and Oh god she hadn't noticed him at all and now they were gonna...

Her Ooph was echoed with one of his own, as he stumbled and fell, the other wolf sprawling across him as he instantly began to flail. He was surprised his fur hadn't caught fire with the way his skin was burning underneath it, both with embarrassment and general fear of girl germs. "Hey! Whatdatathingyou'redoin? Bargin' into people just out for a walk?" He continued to squirm to try and dislodge the stranger, finally wriggling free with a few quick scoots and a shake for good measure.

He glared at the girl waiting for an answer, or at least an apology, (even though he was probably more at fault for noticing her and not moving in the first place).

Played by Silvia who has 8 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Merida
She hadn't seen the boy, until she had run right into him and sent the both of them sprawling onto the ground, Meri having landed ontop of the flailing boy. A little breathless at first, Merida wasn't even sure what she had bumped into until she looked down and saw the boy trying to squirm out from under her. Oh! It was another wolf and he looked like he was about her age! That was good, maybe that meant they could be friends?

And unlike him, while squirming away as he moved away, she wasn't even thinking about getting boy germs because why would she? Her brother was a boy and so was her papa and she liked them both. Her ears pricked as he snapped at her, asking what did she think she was doing, just barging into people?

"I was 'sploring, like my mama promised me. But she didn't come back so I went by myself." Puffing her chest out slightly, the girl looked somewhat proud at the fact she was out and exploring on her own. She could do things all by herself thank you very much! She didn't need anyone to get in her way, so to speak. "s'wrong with that? Sides, why didn't ya move outta the way?" She shot back at him, her face dropping into a frown, as she stared at him in slight confusion. "Musta seen me coming so wha's your excuse?"
[Image: merida_sig_by_becuffin-db8233p.png]
Inactive Pup
Suka Tainn
Suka Tainn

He felt his eyes narrowing in a glare despite the flush that no doubt covered his skin under his thickening coat. "What sort of stupid logic is that huh? If you didn't see me how was I meant to see you?" He knew his sister would scold him if she heard him talking that way to a stranger, hell she did it when he said the same to @Lana, which reminded him, his siblings could burst onto the scene at any moment, and he could just imagine how embarassing @Cannon could make this all become in the blink of an eye. With a whisper of a growl lacing his sigh he nudged the girl with a furgitive glance over his shoulder, "Get movin', they'll find us out here."

Stalking a little further into the underbrush and not looking to see if she'd decided to follow him or not he realised it was his responsibility to make sure his siblings didn't bother the girl now and it rankled him but someone had to look out for her, since apparently her mother wasn't capable. Just like his own. "My ma didn't come back either," he muttered darkly under his breath, another exasperated sigh leaving his chest as he finally looked to see if she was following him or not.