(See All?) Announcements
1,063 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora

dawn breaks — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ray who has 36 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Meletē "Muses Synesthesia"
After her hunt with Kajika, the pair had carried the prey back to camp, and fed themselves with remains to spare. Despite an early head start the next morning, they had arrived back at the pack territory by nightfall, leaving them just enough time to store the food they brought back, and to give Muses a quick tour of the immediate area. Too exhausted to focus any more, the pale wolf curled up against the shelter of a tree and unknowingly fell asleep for the night. When she woke, she was sore and uncomfortable, prompting her to stretch thoroughly and go for a quick run.

Running allowed her to clear her mind, to focus on nothing but the movements of her body, and the world that she passed through. It was deeply relaxing in some ways, and she almost always felt better after going for a run. She had no particular route to follow, no destination in mind. Wherever the wind blew, she followed, until she felt fatigue begin to settle into her muscles. Only then did she slow, coming around to the far side of the lake.

Trotting daintily towards the shore, she relished in the cook, glacier fed waters, quenching her thirst. She lapped greedily for several moments, before issuing a deep sigh of contentment. Today was another day, a wonderful and full day, likely to be spent getting to know her packmates as well as surrounding mountainous area.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Hello! :) hope ya dont mind me plopping him in here :)

It was the scent of a stranger that caused his deviance from tracking a rabbit. They were completely unknown to him which stirred an array of emotions within. In all his short life he had only ever his mama, dad, Kajika, Vespertio, Namid and Lunette. No one else had been in the back (to his knowledge), nor did he think anyone else should. Chan hadn't ever been told that new wolves could be accepted into his home, so he thought it would just be the six of them forever. 

Clearly he was wrong.

Curiosity, fear, anger, worry all swirled inside him as he followed the woman's scent across his home. Who was this new wolf? Why were they here? Are they supposed to be here? What if they werent? It seems like the pup had inherited his mothers worry some habits. The scent lead down to the lake. 

The Eastfall pup walked down to the familiar lake shore and spotted an almost totally white figure. Mismatched eyes widened with wonder. Woah! He never knew someone's coat could be that light! Sure Namids and Lunettes were pretty light but not this light. Curiosity now overrode the other feelings he had. "Uh, hello" he said loud enough for the female to hear. He stood a few adult wolf lengths away. He was beginning to feel anxious now that he. had actually spoken to her. 
(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2017, 05:35 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive I. Leader
Happy to RP with ya!

A little voice drew her attention away from the clear waters. She looked up to see a strange little pup, dark like the rest of his brethren. It was still somewhat disconcerting to see such dark colours on wolves. Nevertheless, Muses gave the child a friendly grin, lowering onto her haunches to seem less intimidating. "Well hello there!" She chirped brightly, wagging her tail. Growing up, she had little opportunity to care for wolves younger than herself, but her caring and nurturing nature made her inclined to like pups.

They were so close to the pack territory that Muses suspected that he belonged with the rest of them. Though he was young, it was obvious the growing boy was capable of wandering some way away from the pack den without getting himself in to trouble. "You must be Kajika's godson." She assumed, her tone bright. The alpha had made no mention of any other children in the pack, so Muses felt confident in her guess.

"I'm Muses. Kajika brought me into the pack just the other day." She explained gently, wondering what the pup would think of that. After all, as an important member of the pack, she valued his opinion as well.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He was beginning to hope she wouldn't hear him and that he couldn't just ask his mama who she was, but nope of course she had heard him. The light woman turned and gave him a big smile and a chirpy hello back. Oh she was nice like his mama! His tail began to wag behind his as a smile formed on his maw. Then she mentioned Kajika, saying that he must be his godson. "Uh huh. I am." How did this woman know who his god dad was? But it didnt take long for him to find out how she knew the dark man. He had brought her back to the pack the other day. So wolves can be brought back to the pack. Interesting. 

The nice lady introduced herself as Muses. He liked that name. "My names Chan" he offered with a smile. He wondered though where did she come from? As far as he knew everyone in his life had only ever been in the cove. Never did he consider that everyone (except Lunette) had lived else where. But this woman he knew had to come from somewhere else. "Where are you from?" He asked curiously. How much was out beyond the cove? 
Inactive I. Leader
Slowly, she stretched out her front legs, slumping to her stomach. The pup was nearing adolescence, no longer small and chubby like a newborn. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Chan." Boy of the gods. He did not seem particularly formidable, but she supposed even demi gods like her father had to start somewhere.

"I can show you where I'm from." She offered as she began to fiddle with the rocks in front of her. With what she had acess to, she began to create a crude map showing the lake and nearby mountains, the forests to the west, and the world beyond. Further west, she made a mountain range, and finally, she used the lake as an entire ocean. "I was born on a very tall mountain, far to the north." She began, gesturing to the highest peak on the mountain range. "From there, I traveled to the ocean, but I didn't stay there for very long." It was too sad to stay, so she had left. "And then I took this route, aaaaaall the way to here!" She traced a little path through mountains, prairies, and hills, made up of moss, sand, rocks, and other little trinkets that could be found in the immediate area.

"And now I'm here because it reminds me of where I came from." She grinned, looking up at the boy. It was a very edited version of her story, but she did not think there would be enough action in it to hold Chan's attention. Instead, she tilted her copper lined ears towards him, almost certain that he would have questions to ask.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Aw I love her already! :D

His brown tail wagged behind him as the lady said it was nice to meet him. Meeting someone new was kind of fun. His curiosity got the best of him as he asked where she was from. Sure the boy had crossed pack borders be he had never gone very far, not enough to see a landscape change that is. The pale woman not only was going to tell him where she was from she was gonna show him! Excitement drew him closer to her so that he was right in front of her. Mismatched eyes watched as she moved rocks and dirt and twigs around inbetween them. 

The pup watched and listened with wonder-lust as Muses told the tale of where she was from. She spoke of another mountain far north of them. Another mountain? He boy had thought his mountain was the only one to exist. Never did he imagine there could be others. Next she stated that she had gone to the ocean but hadn't stayed long before moving on. Ocean? What was that? The woman was still telling her tale so he would wait to ask her what this 'ocean' thing was. Her paw landed at what she had marked as their mountain and said she was here because it reminded her of home. Well if it did why wasn't she there?

"What's an ocean? And and why'd ya leave your mountain?" He asked innocently. The concept of not asking others personal questions went over his head. He had always asked every question that came to mind. He didnt ever think that someone might not want to answer such questions. 
Inactive I. Leader
Muses cocked her head, contemplating the first question for a moment. She did not entirely understand what an ocean was either, though she had been able to see, touch, taste, and hear it. "It's where the world ends, I think. Like the biggest lake you can imagine, and then bigger still. If you stand before it, you can see it stretch out all the way to the horizon, and beyond that. The water, however, is not drinkable. There's so much salt that you'll get sick if you swallow even a mouthful." Those were the main points, she figured, but she doubted Chan would truly understand. It sounded like an impossible feature even when she tried her best to explain it.

"I left my mountain because it wasn't safe any more. My family was attacked, but I couldn't help them. I'm not very strong, you see." She smiled ruefully, as if she had accepted her fate a long time ago. "So I did what I do best, which is running." Shrugging, she yawned widely, and began to stand, now feeling somewhat restless. It was important to be honest, even with children, but she could spare him the awful details.

"But I think I'll like it here. I bet you know this mountain like the back of your paw!" She asked kindly, in an attempt to redirect his focus. Talking about herself was no fun after all!
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He liked this pale lady and was glad Kajika had brought her home. She was nice like his mama and smart like his godfather. She took a minute to think about his question. Mismatched eyes widened as she said an ocean was the edge of the world. That it was bigger than any lake he could imagine. So its made of water he concluded internally. The concept of the edge of the world did concern him a bit, but not too much since Muses made it seem far away. She said that if you drank from it you'd get sick. Definitely not going to the ocean. He nodded in understanding as she explained to him.

The pale woman moved on to his second question of why did she leave her home. "I left my mountain because it wasn't safe any more. My family was attacked, but I couldn't help them. I'm not very strong, you see." Sadness filled the young boy's heart despite her smiling. He couldn't imagine leaving his family, even if he couldn't help them. "I'm sorry" he said quietly not even sure of why he was apologizing. It hadn't been his family, but still. 

She shrugged though as if it didnt bother her so the sadness began to fade. She let out a yawn which in turn caused one to fall from his own maw. She stood and said that she thought she'd like this mountain more. His ears perked and his tail began to wag once more. Of course she like it! His home was the best! "Well not the entire mountain..." He admitted. He hadnt strayed far from the borders at all actually. "But but I know the cove really well! I can show ya if ya want!" He offered with a wide smile! It was easy to redirect his attention at this age but it wouldn't always be that way. 
Inactive I. Leader
It was strange for her to hear a child apologize for her misfortunes. Her ears flicked to the side briefly, her discomfort made obvious if only for a split second. Chan would have the rest of his life to worry about other things, so he need not worry about her too. It was very sweet that he was concerned, though, and his sincerity warmed her heart. "Me too," She exhaled slowly, wishing that the circumstances had been different. "But it's not so bad, since I've made a wonderful new friend." Grinning, stepped forward to muss the fur on top of the boy's head with her snout. All she could do was to keep looking forward, to keep trying to make the most of her situation, no matter how hard it got. She had made a promise to the memories of her sisters, and she vowed to keep it with every ounce of strength she had.

"Why don't you show me the cove, then?" Muses inquired kindly, tipping her muzzle back towards the direction of home. "You probably know the best places to explore." After all, puppies were the best at exploring! No one saw the world with such unbiased awe the way that young wolves did. "Do you know what your duty will be when you're older?" She was curious to know if Kajika, as alpha, would be the one to assign a role to his godson. Wolves outside of her birth pack were far more autonomous, and had a strong sense of independence, whereas Muses had difficulty imagining how she would take hold of her own fate.