(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

back to my roots. — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Aleksei merely nodded. What could he say? You’re welcome? Sorry your dad died for you? I kind of screamed at his corpse in misguided anger? Whooped your milk-brother just a little? It was better to just simply acknowledge it silently, and give respect that way. Part of him hoped that everything that happened on that damnable mountain would stay up there and freeze, but no. No, these things needed to be addressed. Aleksei couldn’t run from his past actions any more. He had to own up—man up.

His mouth dried at Bennet’s next choice of words. What else did she have? She really was alone, then. “I’d say south-west would be your best bet.” He should have been content to leave it at that, to give his niece the information she needed and let her be on her way, but his heart shrieked against the idea. His brain couldn’t help but give in. “But, what you said—about what else do you have?” Aleksei’s brows knitted, and he worried his bottom lip with his teeth for a brief moment before straightening his posture. “You have family. In me. If you need anything—a place to stay, someone to talk to … the pack I belong to is west of here; Wild Rye Fields. If you need to—if you want to—you can come find me. I’ll do what I can to help you.”

He’d do whatever he could to support her. Because she was Karina’s. She was family.

He just hoped it didn’t come across as too weird.
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Played by Ace who has 84 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bennet Kjorsdottir
“I-- Uh-- Okay.”

Bennet blinked owlishly at Aleksei’s sudden announcement; it was her turn for her mouth to go dry, as if she’d eaten a mouthful of sand. It hadn’t been a cry for pity – it was a statement of the truth. Karina was gone. Kjors was even more gone. Maybe Kyrios was the least of those. All the same, the young female wasn’t entirely certain she wanted to add to the collection of family that came and went, especially when the hole her father had left behind was still ragged and sharp. Perhaps the edges weren’t so keen as to slice her every time she thought about her missing parents. About the last time she saw them. But they were sharp all the same, and the black wolf wasn’t sure she wanted more. Wasn’t sure how much would be left if she took Alek for his word and was left with more broken pieces.

“…I’m gonna go look, now. But…if I don’t find him, I might swing back this way.”

Maybe the wounds would have healed a little more – and frankly, that was the best offer she’d had in a long time. He seemed nicer than the last remaining wolves of Ered Luin II, at any rate.

“Good hunting, Alek.”

@Aleksei -- Wrapping this up so we can have a fresher one!