(See All?) Announcements
371 Users Online
Google, Oleander, Finley

isn't it obvious who's been missing who the most? — Empress Riffle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 19 posts.
Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
AW! || Empress Riffle, Mid-afternoon, Cloudy, 43°F (6°C)

He still hadn't found his way back to Elias yet. Did the blonde boy think he was skipping out on helping? The thought caused a certain icky feeling to bubble up. Thuban couldn't imagine dipping out on his friend, his family, but here he was feeling further away from them than ever. At least the view was nice wherever he had wound up today.

Yellow eyes watched the water that flowed carefree next to him. "What's it feel like?" The young male asked the water. "Just going with the flow," He had to fight back a chuckle at his own little pun. "not caring where you wind up or what happens along the way." His dark brow raised in a questioning manner as if the water might say something back. It was a foolish thought really but the water was comforting. Reminded him of his mother and the Deias Falls, of a time where things were simple and his family was small. He missed it on some days - like today. Of course he was grateful for meeting Elias and those who were still around.

The young Selwyn halted his walking and took in a deep breath. Things would be alright soon enough. How far from them could he really be anyway?
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

Sumit hadn't meant to be creeping. In a new territory and all he couldn't pass up a the opportunity when he came across the scent of a male about the same age. He thought, go figure. Maybe, he'd find someone like minded. As he caught up to him, trying to remain on the down low, he about went the other way. Get a load of this guy. He kept walking, staring into the damn water talking to himself. Pretty fruity, and Sumit would know. He had one hell of a grandmother who did all kinds of weird stuff like that. Trying to appease the gods and save or soul or something. Boredom was the devil's advocate wasn't it?

When the loner stopped, the brute made a fuss of wiggling and twisting his thick form through some young trees. Finally, letting out a grunt as he freed himself, near by his target. Leaaf covered and all. A wiry smirk, he shook his head and tsked. "The God of water isn't much of a friend. But, then again they all do like to have their fun."

Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
Thuban should have paid more attention to his surroundings. He heard the heavy movement of the brush behind him. Ears stood tall and head whipped over his shoulder to see who it was. It was a male who easily topped his size. They both had black in their fur but this fella had silver and white mixed in where Thuban had tans and browns. Not to mention he had such strange blue eyes. They were pretty for sure but Thuban was focusing on their differences right now. This guy probably wasn't a Selwyn.

"God of water, huh?" The young Selwyn smiled softly. Sounded like something his Mama or grandmother would have said. "They really aren't a friend I suppose. Didn't say anything back or even splash a little." Thuban had to fight back his own laugh at the small joke. Truth be told, he didn't mind talking to the water too much. Kept his mind off of all those bad things that were happening.

Bright yellow eyes glanced to the water before looking back to the larger male. "You know this place?" He didn't smell of others but maybe he was familiar with the area. Or at least more familiar than the Selwyn was.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

The stranger didn't seem phased by Summit's approach. He ran with it, and the charcoal wolf gave a half chuckle. "Well technically it would be the Great Spirit. If it really wanted to answer you, a beaver would show up to do so. Least that's what my nan always told me. But, I don't think it finds anyone worthy of attention." He shrugged his large shoulders. Making it clear he didn't think much into such things. He'd mostly given up on thinking any of those stories, and legends were true. If there was a Great Spirit he didn't seem to care about anyone.

He was quick to shake his head in answer. "Nope, not really. I've been a bit on the mountain. Just came down here for a drink. But, I've really been hoping to find a black, stone river. You seen one of those?" What Summit was referring to was a road. Where he had come from they had had a highway, helping them get from one point to the other. It was the greatest way to avoid their enemies who thought the stone river cursed. But, often not only did it give them an easy path, but fresh kills. He could use one of those about now. It had been too long since his last meal. "Names Summit. You been round here long?"What are you looking for?

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
"If it's a beaver I don't think I want its attention." His tail swished behind him kindly as a goofy smile took over his face to hold back laughter. He'd be telling Elias about this for sure. You know, whenever he got back to his Yukon friend. Thuban couldn't help but think that he was taking too long. That the sun-kissed boy had already marked him off as a lost cause or another missing Selwyn. He had to hold back his distaste so he didn't sour the mood of this little meeting.

His ears raised as the question was answered. He gave a thoughtful pause before answering the larger male. "Can't say I've seen one. Maybe this will lead you to it." His golden gaze shifting to look back at the water that flowed downstream with ease. Surely it led to something. The young Selwyn didn't see why a black river couldn't be one of the things it led to.

"Sorta just got here. I got lost and looking to find my way back to some family." His shoulders shrugged. "The Selwyns, if you know them." Or are one. He mentally thought with a small want that this Summit guy would be some help. Mentioning how lost he was Thuban was unsure what good someone around here might be - especially mentioning that this someone wasn't from here. "You can call me Thuban or Banny, whichever ya like more."
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

A rough chuckle sounded. "Wise choice," he murmured. Beavers were strange little creatures, and he'd always been warned to leave them alone unless they came to you. God would he ever leave that life behind? He brushed the thought away for the pesky thing it was.

Summit silently cursed. He didn't know where a stone river was, and pointed to the water again. He was doubtful of the idea, but what did he have to lose? "Well, have to see." Continuing to walk for nothing wasn't appealing in the slightest. He was tired of the lack of reward. He'd just have to admit he'd have to hunt for food.

His silver brows frowned together. He wanted to get back to family? "What you want to do that for?" The words tumbled, his puzzlement evident. Least that was what he wanted. He had kinda hoped he'd struck away from his family, like he had. Apparently, not. The charcoal wolf gave a short shake of his head ."Nope sorry. I'll remember it should I come across another." Maybe. It was subject to change like everything else in this strange world.

"I'll stick with Thuban." Banny sounded like an insult, and just rather unfitting. He assumed it was what his mother called him. Mothers seemed to find it amusing to give a terrible nickname to their brood. His mother had always called him Summi and he had hated it.

"So, you care to walk with me along the river? I'm also hoping to find some chow. Would that interest you?" His posture was clear he was going to set off rather he joined him or not.

(This post was last modified: Oct 27, 2017, 04:00 AM by Summiter.)
Inactive
Thuban Selwyn
The question caught him off guard. A look of confusion crossing his face before realization settled in. It was a strange question to the young male mentioning he wasn't entirely familiar with the whole 'leave the nest' situation. When Thuban had left home it was to find more family. Heck, he was even wondering if he could have brought one or two back to Deias Falls. Obviously, those plans had been changed though.

"They need my help and I miss them." He admitted rather openly. Maybe he didn't miss all of them but Elly, Mom, Dad and those who were good were missed. It wasn't a lie that they needed his help either. Perhaps he had been replaced by now but he still wanted to go back. Even if he didn't find any Selwyns he could tell them all about this place. How promising it might be.

Most wolves stuck with Thuban, which was fine so he simply smiled. His muscles were ready to spring into action at the question as his tail gave a few heavy waves. "That'd be great." He agreed with almost a childish glee.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

He offered a bob of his head. There was somethings he missed at home. But, this new found freedom was far greater. He could do what he wanted. Be who he wanted.

"Better wolf than I." If he had wanted he could have stayed. Remain in the shadows, and keep his father's every command. Be there for his mother and his young siblings on their way. Instead he had stood up to his father, and was cast out. Exiled to his uncle's northern pack. Escaping it had been to easy. No one had wanted him there any way.

"What do you mean help?" Did he mean the usual or something else entirely? It was a prying question and he directed his eyes away from the wolf should he not wish to answer. Now, to find something worth chasing.He kept directing his nose upward, keeping pace with his new companion.