(See All?) Announcements
607 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adora

don't tell me what to do — Celestial Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

After recovering Mabel it had been a long while since Lila had left the Bend. It wasn't like she hadn't wanted to. She did. She thought about seeing Kyna. She thought about searching for Ice. She wondered about the mountain, and what else may be up there for her. But, she decided to play it safe. She wouldn't go too far from home. Just far enough to be out, to be alone. Why she was quite fond of her siblings, it had gotten pretty hard to think in silence. To make tracks without being followed. To have her own.... Well she wasn't sure what the word for it was. Thankfully, they were occupied by their father so she stole away to the south.

Her mother had said Hal had a pack around here. Lila had not come across it, nor any trace of their existence. Despite how curious she was she had no real point to seek them out. She kept to the forest, happy for the shadows provided not only by trees, but the ominous clouds above. It was easy to hide in the darkness, and feel like she was just as part of the deep forest. To simply be, instead of thinking how she ought to be hunting, or guarding. She was pleasantly surprised when she heard the song of a waterfall. She'd seen a couple in her lone wanderings and there was just something about them that called to her. She had to do a little back tracking, and twisting to find it. When she did she was not disappointed. It was fifty feet high, and a thick curtain like none she'd ever seen. Perhaps when her sisters, and brother got a little bigger she could show them one day.

(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2017, 05:09 PM by Lila.)
Played by Kai who has 118 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Tikhon Artemieva

Enough time had passed since he had joined the Vale and it was time he started looking for his brother. The problem was he didn't even know where to start or how far he would have to go to find Lorcan. Tikhon didn't even really know if Lorcan was in this land at all but he had to search it all the same. It was early morning when he had set out, the plan being he would search around the Vale for anyone who might be able to point him in the right direction. It was the only way he knew to start and if that didn't work then he would search further and further out if he had to. He hoped it wouldn't take him far or the search be long but there wasn't anyway for him to be certain.

He had been traveling most of the day looking for other wolves in the area, loners, pack wolves it didn't matter. Anyone could hold information about Lorcan and he needed to hear every bit of it to find his sibling. As he traveled a further from the Vale the sound of what he thought was a waterfall reached his ears. With water came the possibility of someone stopping by for a drink. He couldn't pass this opportunity up, Tikhon had to go and check it out. Quickening his pace he soon found the source of the sound and with it just what he was hoping. Another wolf was there, a female that he hoped would hold some answers for him. “Hello there,” he said bravely as he approached.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

She cursed herself as a male's loud voice interrupted her thoughts. She should have known he was there long before he spoke. At least she didn't jump, and was able to look over to him totally unfazed. He had a rich brown and tawny coat that matched pleasantly with his eyes. There was nothing familiar about this one. Instantly she thought he must be older than her. What stood out to cause her such an assumption she didn't know.

"Hi," was her short greeting. She did not feel the least bit sorry. She hadn't stumbled upon him, and she had no use for senseless words. Though she expected them. Strangers often rambled. Sometimes useful though quite often not. Usually it was just strange personal details someone couldn't withhold, or observations about the weather and background. Dull stuff, and she wasn't a fan of spilling things out like that.

Ever slight she lifted her dark nose, blue eyes studying. The young Aquila wasn't into recruiting since she'd never came across anyone worthy of it. But, that didn't stop her from trying to decipher what scents entangled his coat. He was still too far away for any information to reach her. The minor irritation twitched inside her, but she continued to analyze as a guardian. Why he didn't seem threatening, she was pretty sure she could outrun him if that impression changed.

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2017, 07:09 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Tikhon Artemieva

The Artemieva had some hope that the dark female might know something about Lorcan even if it was just something small. He was also realistic though and knew that it was a big place so there was every possibility that she didn't know anything. His approach was cautious as he didn't want to startle her and ruin any chance he had to ask her what he needed to. Her greeting was short and to the point which didn't bother the dark agouti.

Tikhon approached the water to get a little closer and maybe pick up some more information when she didn't seem bothered by him being there. “I was wondering if maybe you've done some traveling?” He asked by way of seeing if she might have even had a chance to run into Lorcan. While he waited for her answer he dipped his head to lap at the water and quench his thirst.

He contemplated delving into further to why he was even asking but then decided against it. He would wait and see if she had maybe heard his name somewhere or even maybe meet him him in her travels and could give him an idea of where to start looking. “I'm Tikhon Artemieva by the way of Quaking Vale.” He thought maybe introducing himself might help too.

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2017, 08:47 PM by Tikhon.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Lila was young, but she knew this game. Tip toeing around, raising silent questions, and forming answers by the smallest details. The moment you thought someone was harmless could be the point they catch you off guard. Why she made sure not to full on stare at the tawny male, he did not leave her eye sight. As he thoughtfully tread closer, she found herself wishing she could make someone uncomfortable in her presence for once. Make them wonder if it was a safe place. That was laughable. She was hardly the picture of terror. She was barely considered an adult, and had no battle scars. How did her mother come off so intimidating to others? It was something Lila was trying to perfect.

She turned her head back to the falls, her gaze seeming lost in the rushing water. "A little," she replied, keeping tabs on him from the corner of her eye. She'd never been asked that question and wasn't sure what to think. Lila wasn't going to be caught off guard twice. "Yourself?"

He caught her attention at the mention of Quaking Vale.  She cast her gaze onto him. "Lila of Oak Tree Bend. Or did you already assume I must be from there?"

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2017, 05:45 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Tikhon Artemieva

He started with a simple question as there wasn't any point in going further into why he was asking if she hadn't done any traveling. She wouldn't have had the chance to meet Lorcan if she'd only stayed in one place and as he'd looked at her she did look rather young. He was cautious of his movements not wanting to seem threatening or do anything that might upset her to where she would leave. Just as she started to answer the question he'd asked Tikhon lifted his head from the water. A little traveling was better than none as there was a small chance she could have met Lorcan himself or someone who knew of him.

She did however turn the question back on him, “I have done a little as well but not since coming to this place,” he answered honestly. Since arriving in the Vale he hadn't done much traveling besides taking Sachiel to see the pine trees. “I was wondering if in your travels you might have met or heard of a wolf by the name of Lorcan Artemieva?” He asked getting into the whole reason he'd asked about her traveling.

The dark agouti had also introduced himself and he was rewarded by her giving her name as well as the pack she was from. “It's nice to meet you Lila and No, I didn't assume you were from there,” he told, “Why would you think I would assume that?”

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

He seemed like a casual man. If it was normal to go for a stroll and ask strangers if they'd traveled for curiosity's sake. But, she couldn't help feel,despite the laid back attitude, he was after something. But, he didn't withhold it as she might have.

"No," she replied without a moment of hesitance. She had met an Artemieva, but she was unaware of the fact since he had only called himself Laike. "Is he your brother?" Though now that she thought of it, he could be a father or cousin or something. There must be a reason he wanted to find him. Was he young? Senile? Or a criminal on the run?

"If you really hope to find him you should broaden your search. Pass the word out..." She found it odd he had traveled so little, and wondered if he really cared to find this Lorcan. "I could let others in my pack know. Possibly my sister who lives on the other side of the vale. But, I'd need to know why you're looking." All this time she had not dropped her sight from him, and now held him with a suspicious stare.

Nonchalant she flicked her tail, giving a shrug. "Everyone assumes things either on purpose or accident. I was guessing maybe you could smell me better than I could you."

(This post was last modified: Nov 20, 2017, 02:46 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Tikhon Artemieva

Tikhon kept from getting his hopes up after hearing that she had traveled since there was every chance that she hadn't heard nor met his brother. Still whatever chance there might be that she might have he wanted to hear about it.

Unfortunately her answer told him that she had not met Lorcan, he couldn't be too disappointed though since she was the first wolf. He couldn't expect every wolf he ran into to have met his brother. “That's okay. Yes, he is my brother. He left the pack before I did and I was hoping to find him again now that I too have left our birth pack.” Tikhon didn't know of all if that explanation was necessary but maybe it could help in his search.

He gave a nod to her words, “I do plan to do that and would have sooner only I've just fully recovered after a winter in my own.” He'd also been working for the pack in hopes to make up what he'd taken during his recovery. That way when the day came that he wanted to leave to find Lorcan he could. “That's very kind of you to offer and if it's not too much trouble it could be a big help. I need to tell him something very important about our family.”

The dark agouti man couldn't disagree about everyone assuming things. “I see, I could smell you but I didn’t recognize your scent as belonging to any pack I know and I haven't met many loners in this place.” He also only knew of the Vale but he assumed there were more packs in the lore as he had learned.

(This post was last modified: Nov 05, 2017, 03:44 AM by Tikhon.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

She had thought he was a lot older than her. But, now she wasn't sure. Was it common to leave a birth pack at an older age? Did he miss his brother that much? What was that like? She'd never thought about following after Kyna. She hadn't wanted to either...not really. Though, now she was starting to think how many reasons had made her sister go.

His reasons behind his search appeared innocent even if it wasn't descriptive. The Aquila was rather amused he felt the need to explain himself to her. She really didn't care. Especially, since he wasn't part of the Bend and taking their resources. There wasn't any harm in passing the word along. Even if she wasn't positive she would see Kyna.

"Important huh?" It was a hint of his real reasoning she felt the need to poke at. Just to see.

"Oak Tree Bend is the the only pack on this side cept yours. West, there's a nother, but it's up the mountain. Our allies Fallen Tree Cove. Though I haven't' been to any other, there's at least four more or so in the Lore all together. You got your work cut out for you." Askan had come from somewhere, Ice had been going to another, and Kyna had her own. She was sure Reiko and Treyah would have had to land somewhere.

So Sahalie accept you?"

Inactive No Rank
Tikhon Artemieva

He’d left the details vague about why he was looking for his brother and had made it seem that he had left his pack by choice. That of course was not the case but the girl didn't need to know that he'd been banished by his brother. The only one that needed to know that was Lorcan.

Tikhon couldn't even imagine what his brothers reaction would be once he learned about the exile and what Laike had done. That of course all depended on whether Lorcan was still in this place and Tikhon could locate him. He needed to get his search under way and he feared he might have to leave the pack to do it.

He gave a nod when she questioned his reasoning. “Yes, it's family business, a warning of sorts." There of course wasn't a complete answer again but she didn't need to know all of the details.

He listened as she spoke of her pack and another aside from his. “I will take that under advisement. A visit to those packs couldn't hurt and who knows maybe I will find him in one of them.” He didn't know how good those odds were but it was worth a try when he didn't know where to look.

He shook his head when she asked if Sahalie had accepted him. “Castel was leader when I finally decided to join, she accepted me.”