330 Users Online
Bing, Apollo, Google

two tickets to Iron Maiden — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 38 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Ayla Donata
hunting dem 1/3

A baby deer wasn't nearly as intimidating as a full grown deer, or at least that was what the Donata thought from a distance. As her mother spoke it became clear that she would be going about this alone, or at least she would be at first.

The girl swallowed around the large lump in her throat. Now was no time to be getting anxious about it, after all, there were other wolves counting on her. She clenched her teeth, drawing a bracing breath before she moved to close the distance between herself and the fawn.

It noticed her coming, of course - and took off running with the girl close on its heels. She managed to land a bite on its back end, but her mother had told her to grab it by the throat. At least it seemed to trip the baby deer up, the young wolf losing some momentum of her own as she sidestepped to avoid a flailing hoof. At least now she knew she would have to bite harder if she wanted to draw blood.
Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
hunting dem 2/3

I Always Make the Same Mistakes

Aponi watched closely as Ayla set the fawn off into motion, blue eyes never wavering as her agouti daughter moved in. As soon as the pup closed the distance the mother was moving as well. Quietly she slunk her way around the forest until she felt comfortable that she was in the direct path that the child and the prey were heading in. If Ayla didn’t manage to drag the fawn down then the mother would be waiting in the foliage to finish the job.

It was from this position that Aponi saw Ayla sink a decent bite into the fawn’s hide, causing it to stumble and slow. The child had to duck away from the open hooves but still seemed to be moving the pair in the right direction. The deer was on the run again after it’s slip up, but it was beginning to lose speed and started the bleat in panic. Ayla might not know her mother was waiting but the fawn had managed to spot her silver pelt. It knew it was over.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive III. Yearling
Ayla Donata
Hunting dem 2/3
I saw you in the village playing mandolin
Ayla Donata

Ayla just had to push a little harder and the deers neck would be in reach. The prey's panicked bleating only worked the girl into more of a frenzy, a sharp, tearing bite aimed towards its ribcage, the fierce tug enough to make it stumble again so suddenly that she almost missed her actual mark. The girl managed to pivot with one forepaw planted in the earth, teeth finally coming to close around the slender, soft throat of the fawn. Ideally she would have grabbed it a little higher up, but she had to work with the hold she had now. Bunching her shoulders and angling her head she tried to knock the fawn off balance, a soft blow landing against her chest, dangerously close to her own throat answered with a growl and thrash of her head, landing the fawn in the dirt and giving her a chance to adjust her hold.

It was only when the second taste of blood hit her tongue that she realised just how close her mother was, but the fawn was still flailing.

Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
Hunting dem 3/3, fade on your next post? <3

I Always Make the Same Mistakes

Aponi was pleased with how quickly Ayla was taking to her lesson. Perhaps she had the makings of a hunter in that quiet body of hers, it just needed to be harnessed and brought out into the light. Crouched down in the foliage the blue eyes watched keenly as her daughter managed another blow to the fawn’s ribcage before finally bringing it down with a clumsy grab to the throat. Wincing at the sight of the hoof connecting to the pup’s chest the mother had seen enough.

Striding forward the alpha barely avoided a hoof to her own head as she ducked down. With a single fluid motion Aponi took hold of the fawns jugular and pressed her teeth into the soft flesh, before whipping her head from side to side. Dropping the cranium back to the ground it was now motionless and the silver she wolf looked to her daughter with a blood stained smile. They had done it.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive III. Yearling
Ayla Donata
Hunting dem 3/3

you're pushin', you're pushin', I'm pullin' away

It was all she could do, their hunt almost morphing into a game of tug of war as her mother grabbed hold of the slender neck too and began to violently shake her head. The girl managed to suppress a playful growl as she mimicked the older wolf, only stopping when the wailing stopped and the deer stilled. There would be no coming back from the injuries it had sustained.

Her pale cheeks were stained with blood, highlighting the fiery colour of her fur, but she was in no rush to clean herself up. Returning her mother's smile through a panting one of her own, she managed an adrenalin laden giggle. She had done it, she had really done it! She stepped back to allow her mother to eat first, after all, she wasn't a baby anymore. Once Aponi had eaten her fill, she would move in, then once the bulk of the kill had been slept off she would work on storing what was left away in the caches. It was a wonderful feeling, to be useful.

I give and I give and I give and you take

-thread fade-