A storm is comming — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  Still on mobile sorry in advance

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 226

After Tagg finished explaining the Vuesain situation to Solas, he gave the other man a few moments to process everything. It was a lot of information all at once. His next question was answered without hesitation. "Of course." Tagg smiled, but he remained serious. "This is my home." Although he had been absent a few times, the veteran had always returned. It had been his single thought both times he'd gotten lost, and unless the pack required it he wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

As for Anthem, Tagg had to think for a moment. He hadn't known the former beta very well, but he had been kind to him and taught him about the pack. Finally he answered. "I only knew him for a short time; he was beta when I first came to the pack, but he had died by the time I got back. Still, when I first arrived I had just lost my family and my eye. He helped me when I had nobody to turn to. Everybody loved him, especially the pups. He told me about the Cove, and helped me grow stronger. That strength saved my life later." He didn't want to go into more detail; not right now. They were talking about the Cove, not what had kept him away. He expected questions, but today was for pack stories.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
So Tagg was going to stay. At least that was one wolf that Solas knew that wasn't going to disappear from the pack. It wouldn't matter if he was thinking about leaving if someone else did first. Then there would be no pack left to stay with and all the tension he had would have been pointless. If Tagg was staying then perhaps Moonshadow and Chan would be then as well. If the three of them remained and their leader held his spot then the pack would continue as it was, assuming the stormy man didn't leave as well.

The smaller man went on to tell him that his father had been beta and that he had helped Tagg in his time of trouble and that the pups had absolutely loved him. It seemed like a lot of the wolves that had known Anthem had respected him and had at least been able to call him a friend. Solas couldn't image a wolf that befriended everyone and was able to keep from gaining enemies. Maybe he would find one if he looked outside the cove maybe not.

It hadn't been like Solas ignored the fact that Tagg was blind in one eye it just didn't seem relevant. The other wolf was getting along just fine with the impairment. The stormy man didn't feel the urge to ask about it because at this point it didn't look there was anything that could be done about it.

Part of why I asked is because he's my father. Solas told him letting the 'secret' out. Might as well get it over with now while they were alone than when everyone else was there. Then Tagg could get it out of his system, whatever it was. Did he help you spar or something? A blunt question. How had his father been able to help Tagg get stronger? Was it more mentally or physically?
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 136

Tagg expected to answer more questions, but instead he found himself wanting to ask them. Anthem Had a son...? He thought, trying to wrap his head around it. That would mean the man Tagg had so admired might have left behind a wife and child. It didn't seem to him like something he would have done.

The veteran didn't realize he'd stopped until Solas asked another question, and Tagg shook his head to clear his thoughts. "I didn't know Anthem was a father." He said before moving on to answer. "No, we never got the chance. That definitely would have helped, but he gave me something a little different. He helped me feel like I belonged, like this was really my home. He gave me something to keep fighting for when I wanted to give up."

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
It looked like his statement had an impact on the smaller man as he could all but see the gears moving in his head. Solas waited patiently for him to get his thoughts straightened out. The stormy man had continued walking but then he realized that Tagg had stopped. Looking over his should he waited to see if the other was going to continue walking or it they were going to have their conversation here. One brow raised as Tagg shook his head but Solas didn't comment on it.

He didn't know either. He responded back simply before listening as Tagg explained that he hadn't helped him fight but had helped him feel like he belonged and had something to fight for. Solas tipped his head a bit as he thought about it. So it hadn't been a physical strength but rather a mental strength that his father had given the smaller male. Interesting.

Which now that he thought about it. Did they have anyone in the pack that could fight at all? Now that I think about it do we have any Guardians or fighters in the pack? They did have a pup roaming the territory after all and it might be a good idea to have someone who knew how to fight but seeing as how Solas hadn't met the other wolves in the pack yet he didn't know if the had anyone like that.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 107

“He didn’t know either.”

Of course he didn’t. That made so much more sense.  Everything in Tagg’s mind settled down. There were still questions, but he didn’t care to ask them right now.  Just like he didn’t want to talk about his own past, he was sure Solas didn’t necessarily want to answer all these questions about his family history.

His next question was something that made Tagg smile slightly.  “Actually, yes.  Me. I don’t hold the actual Guardian title yet, but I’m working on it.” He looked at the wolf to his side.  “Were you thinking about do the same? We could always use more help.”

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
He hadn't been thinking about becoming a Guardian or taking on any role at all. How could he when the ranks had been changing? Then there was the fact that he wasn't sure if he would be staying at all. On the other hand, if he did learn a skill it would he might be able to join a different pack that much easier. That was a little too far into the future for him to consider at the moment. For now, he was simply trying to be apart of this pack.

Tagg explained that he was one of their fighters and Solas blinked before giving the other a once over. He did have the scars for it, but didn't his blind eye cause him some trouble? Doesn't your eye make it difficult? He questioned wondering what would happen if someone tried to attack from that side. Was Tagg able to avoid those because he could hear them or was it just experience that helped him?

I wasn't really thinking about it but since there's Chan I figured there was probably at least one wolf here who could fight. Solas remarked. I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to go for a role. If the pack didn't fall to pieces first.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Sorry I took so long! My dog died on Thanksgiving and then there was finals.  I should be back more regularly now.

Word Count: 136

Tagg was used to his eye catching attention, but it wasn’t very often that someone actually came right out and asked about it.  Solas’ question caught him by surprise, though Tagg supposed it shouldn’t have.  He shrugged, shaking off the prickle of annoyance that ran up his spine.  “When I first got the injury, yes.  But it’s been several years since then and I’ve had quite a bit of practice.”

More than his fair share, if he was being petty. He would likely get some more.

The mention of his son’s name caught his attention and his ears pricked up a little.  He wasn’t sure exactly what Chan’s presence had to do with a fighter, beyond having something to defend. “If you ever want to spar, let me know.  I’m usually available for practice.”  He smiled.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Pssh your fine I've been having issues of my own so your good.

The surprise was evident on the other male's face. Solas wondered if he had hit a sore spot in asking about his eye. If he had had it as long as he said he had then the other most have been used to the attention and questions it brought. So why did that one question seem to astound the other male so much? Maybe everyone else had been more tactful in their approach. On the other hand maybe no one had been bold enough to ask that questions.

I guess practice does make perfect. Solas responded as he mused if he should try and pick up some fighting skills. At some point in time he would need to defend himself so why not make the most of the time that he was in the pack? He didn't need the skills to necessarily to help the pack but to help himself. If he stayed then he could use it for the pack's sake but how long could they maintain their slipping hold on the territory? All that needed to happen was for one of them to leave and they would slip and fall apart.

Solas was quick to note that the other's ears perked up at Chan's name with a slightly confused expression so he explained his thoughts. If Chan is like most pups he's probably going to wander off or get into some sort of trouble. Better to have someone who knows what they are doing than someone who is going to fall on their face.

Tagg offered to be a sparring partner if the stormy male wanted to and Solas gave the other a nod of agreement. I'll let you know if I ever want to practice. Does anyone else have some sort of skill in the pack like a healer or something? As long as he was asking about roles he might as well know if there was anyone else in the pack that held one.
(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 07:02 AM by Solas.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Wow I suck sorry for the wait! So much for being back regularly

Word Count: 179

Tagg had to admit that Solas had a good point.  A pack that wanted to have pups around needed to have competent protectors for them. He smiled slightly as he nodded, though the expression was mildly in ill humor.  Practice… That practice had resulted in a lot more trouble than he’d ever wanted to see, or ever wanted to see again.

As for healers, he had to shake his head. “The founders’ daughter was training to be a healer, but she left to be with the father of her pup. We have yet to replace her.”

It was odd how Vespertio had made it clear to the Eastfalls that the Cove belonged to the Vuesains, but where were they now? Not a single one of them remained in this pack that they so professed to love. The veteran respected his former leader of course, and the Cove was his by right, but what of Kajika? The dark man had been ever so loyal to them and now he was left to pick up the fracturing pieces of their home.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Fade with your next post?

The founder's daughter had been training to be a healer but she was gone. So that meant that there wasn't a healer in their pack. Solas considered it. A pack that didn't have a healer wasn't going to be able to take care of their sick and he didn't know how fast someone could get to another pack to grab one. A trickle of unease went down his spine. So they had a Guardian but no healer? That seemed like a bad plan all the way around. He knew a healer but he had no idea where he was regardless of the fact that he owed Solas a favor.

Hopefully, no one got hurt that would be just what they needed with winter on their heels.

He walked silently beside his companion as he mused over what that could mean for the pack and if he should even be bothered by it. He hadn't even decided to stay in the pack yet so why would it affect him? He had a favor that he could call in they didn't. So why did it worry him?

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2018, 08:11 PM by Solas.)